• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Homme

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Stu_HMFC

3 hours ago, Brian Badonde said:

What’s the queue like at the shop this morning? Might pop along.

Was up at 10. A few people in but no queue. 

niblick1874
17 hours ago, Smithee said:

If Carlsberg did irony..

How so. What low was I getting at.

4 hours ago, bigis semiauskas said:

It’s no the full Inter thou! 
it’s no got stripes on the back 🤔🤔

I know you're joking, but there is actually a UEFA regulation about stripes on the back of shirts::

"8.04 - At least one of the colours used to create a hooped, banded, striped or checked shirt on the front must be the dominant colour on the back of the shirt if the same pattern (e.g. stripes) is not used on the back."

Some shirts go ahead and do it anyway, but then it needs a "blank square" left for the number zone, and it looks shite on unprinted shirts!

bigis semiauskas
46 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I know you're joking, but there is actually a UEFA regulation about stripes on the back of shirts::

"8.04 - At least one of the colours used to create a hooped, banded, striped or checked shirt on the front must be the dominant colour on the back of the shirt if the same pattern (e.g. stripes) is not used on the back."

Some shirts go ahead and do it anyway, but then it needs a "blank square" left for the number zone, and it looks shite on unprinted shirts!

Aye that would look crap with a blank square, the Inter one thou is just stripes on the back for fans to buy.

The solid colour on ours looks shite IMO 

On 09/06/2021 at 10:29, Salad Fingers said:

This certainly looks like one of the floodlight pylons.

Screenshot_20210609-102827_Gallery.thumb.jpg.a4d31587eabbf73c9be4615629ed1b86.jpg

You forgot the baws mate

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, farin said:

B278133C-614C-4641-AE55-3112730E4D83.thumb.jpeg.a6a41bcf481c163ed813ddb9ed7b63f3.jpeg

Sure does when zoomed in. 

Is it just my old eyes that can’t see anything?  🧐

kingantti1874

No sure one of the pylons was necessary tbh. It’s still mint but I’d have preferred 

the 93/94 colours

a collar

no pillar

ill still buy it and it can live in a drawer forever lol

Heartsofgold

2 bought this morning for delivery.  One for me and the other for me as a back up and to (hopefully) keep unused.

Purchased for the wee lad and been informed I'm receiving a top as a gift for myself from a friend. Braw. 

adambraejambo
21 hours ago, farin said:

Like the shirt, coupled with MND as sponsor given a past capt died of this disease a mural like this on McLeod St or a banner in the ground might be a fitting gesture highlighting it. 

29F8E1FF-4D10-43E7-8F2D-428080E09B09.jpeg.4df5c5645d3b1384f57ee292cffacfa8.jpeg

I all for honouring our past captain but that looks ridiculous.  Why put Zals head on  Minchins body 😉

TyphoonJambo
11 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

I all for honouring our past captain but that looks ridiculous.  Why put Zals head on  Minchins body 😉

Worst places to Bury your heed

22games nro

I knew it would be popular.

from the hearts website.

"Following an incredible first day of sales, the new Umbro Third Kit has become our fastest selling non-home kit ever".

Jambos have flocked to heartsdirect.co.uk and the Hearts Clubstore at Tynecastle since 9am Thursday morning to get their hands on first new kit of the 21/22 season - with sales surpassing the hugely popular black third kit launched in 2019.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, farin said:

I’ve highlighted it a bit here to show the detail better. 

F8C60B7F-1100-429C-ADCA-7F73E024E76C.thumb.jpeg.75bf1111b9f5a1aa003d7abb6aa7a4b4.jpeg

Very subliminal. 😎

53 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

from the hearts website.

"Following an incredible first day of sales, the new Umbro Third Kit has become our fastest selling non-home kit ever".

Jambos have flocked to heartsdirect.co.uk and the Hearts Clubstore at Tynecastle since 9am Thursday morning to get their hands on first new kit of the 21/22 season - with sales surpassing the hugely popular black third kit launched in 2019.

It's amazing what happens when you listen to the fans 👍

Hopefully the sign of more engagement in the future

£55 is no that bad either, okay yes I know still steep for which is basically a tee-shirt but compared to the rip off merchants EPL etc.

Forever Hearts
14 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

£55 is no that bad either, okay yes I know still steep for which is basically a tee-shirt but compared to the rip off merchants EPL etc.

Arsenal are charging £100 for their home top. Bloody obscene.  

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Especially for a mid table club! 

Rogue Daddy
17 hours ago, 22games nro said:

from the hearts website.

inter.jpg

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

"Hibs mates"...if you're going to have a bash at the club or the price then just do it.

Heaven knows i have :lol:

If the replica top is also 100% polyester then i do think somebody somewhere at Umbro is taking the absolute p**s although that's the going rate for replica tops across the market it seems.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
14 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Just mention the cup final to the tramps.

adambraejambo
2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

If the replica top is also 100% polyester then i do think somebody somewhere at Umbro is taking the absolute p**s although that's the going rate for replica tops across the market it seems.

Nobody is forcing anyone to buy it. If you think it overpriced then dont buy. If you like it and want it then buy it. Same goes for that Hibs top we all laughing at it that is what rival fans do. If a Hibs fans doesn't like it then they won't buy . If they want to lool like a prize tool then they will buy it . 

46 minutes ago, The Duke said:

It's quite clearly a different shirt, even if it is 100% polyester (which looking at previous Umbro shirts, seems to be the case).

For one, the neck is different in the Sports Direct bargain basement link you've posted.  The sleeves don't have any design to them, the stripe pattern is different (the Hearts version has less fabric overlap, the "fit" of the shirt looks different, and there is obviously no Hearts branding or sublimated design on the basic one.

However, all football shirts are overpriced and that is just the way it is.  You think those "pro" versions of the English team's shirts are anywhere near worth £100?  Go and buy any current season shirt from any team and it will cost you the same.

Bashing Hearts in particular for having an overpriced shirt is just yet another low-effort trolling attempt because some people seem to have nothing better to do than criticise every single thing the club does.   Also, the URL you posted was clearly the result of a Google search, for something along the line of Umbro Blue and Black shirt, mainly because the actual URL of the item is https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/UM2074/Umbro-Mens-Capital-Stripe-Short-Sleeve-Match-Jersey-Dazzling-Blue-Black, and your URL was full of redirects and campaign data which makes me suspect you just Googled it yourself looking for bites.

1 hour ago, The Duke said:

Have they seen the mess of their top they cannot slag anyone over a template of a umbro top costing them £5 on m and m direct. they only know this because that's where they shop and they are made by Joma thought they were a powerhouse of Scottish football. They are a joke of a football club. 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

343104114_Screenshot2021-06-11at12_38_27.png.59c85a14a81af5081a9cdd8ac793edbf.png

Boycie on drums, Nando on vocals, McAneff on guitar?

Nando on guitar and vocals, Aaron on bass and backing vox. It's like the Jimi Hendrix Experience never existed !

professorfate

I got the new strip today about 12.00 today expecting huge crowds at the hearts shop but it was dead nobody there. 

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

It's quite clearly a different shirt, even if it is 100% polyester (which looking at previous Umbro shirts, seems to be the case).

For one, the neck is different in the Sports Direct bargain basement link you've posted.  The sleeves don't have any design to them, the stripe pattern is different (the Hearts version has less fabric overlap, the "fit" of the shirt looks different, and there is obviously no Hearts branding or sublimated design on the basic one.

However, all football shirts are overpriced and that is just the way it is.  You think those "pro" versions of the English team's shirts are anywhere near worth £100?  Go and buy any current season shirt from any team and it will cost you the same.

Bashing Hearts in particular for having an overpriced shirt is just yet another low-effort trolling attempt because some people seem to have nothing better to do than criticise every single thing the club does.   Also, the URL you posted was clearly the result of a Google search, for something along the line of Umbro Blue and Black shirt, mainly because the actual URL of the item is https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/details/UM2074/Umbro-Mens-Capital-Stripe-Short-Sleeve-Match-Jersey-Dazzling-Blue-Black, and your URL was full of redirects and campaign data which makes me suspect you just Googled it yourself looking for bites.

You are miles off the mark with this mate, as I said I was SENT it by my Hibs mate so calm yourself down! I'm not trolling anybody, was coming more from the angle of Umbro taking the p**s as it doesn't look to me like too much thought has went into the actual design of it given they pretty much already sell it on the cheap!

Impressed with your no nonsense approach to analysing the URL and forming a somewhat bizarre conclusion!

Have a nice weekend FFS!

7 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

No wonder the cheap fake options are taking a trick.

PhoenixHearts
6 hours ago, The Duke said:

First time I saw it I had the same thought but It's not the same at all. 

Obviously a plain blue and black striped kit can only be so creative? But ours is completely bespoke. We have sublimated graphic detailing of Tynecastle  within the black stripes. 

Oh and for what it's worth the sleeves have a totally different trim too.

Club store said the new home and away strips will be in just before the end of the month but they haven't been given an exact date👍

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Club store said the new home and away strips will be in just before the end of the month but they haven't been given an exact date👍

Could do with them by then as we'll be starting friendlies this month and would be unusual not to have the new kit for them.

8 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Could do with them by then as we'll be starting friendlies this month and would be unusual not to have the new kit for them.

Do they not usually wear the previous seasons strip for the pre season friendlies? 

On 10/06/2021 at 14:17, tian447 said:

Inter don't seem to have any problem. 

14cee110ceb467463112c0c7c43b31d8.jpg

romelu-lukaku-juventus-v-fc-internaziona

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Inter don't seem to have any problem. 

14cee110ceb467463112c0c7c43b31d8.jpg

romelu-lukaku-juventus-v-fc-internaziona

Yeah, because they used the same pattern on the back, and they use a third colour for the lettering, as it says in the rule :lol:

28 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Yeah, because they used the same pattern on the back, and they use a third colour for the lettering, as it says in the rule :lol:

So there was nothing stopping us from doing the same

Batistuta87
On 09/06/2021 at 15:59, Mollo said:

I'd rather we went to black socks for the home permanently

The 2014-15 kit was stunning, and for me if it was the kit the club wore when players enlisted in 1914, if it's that iconic, it should be our standard home colours. Maroon shirt, white shorts, black socks.

Yeah I would love to have white shorts and black socks all the time - it was stunning! I quite liked when we wore all maroon too. Not so keen on white socks and shorts. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
On 11/06/2021 at 11:09, The Duke said:

It's slightly embarrassingly similar, but can clearly see there's a lot more detail in ours - like the floodlight trusses and the gold bits. Definitely not as embarrassing as them having Gorgie Road on their home top. 

Batistuta87
On 11/06/2021 at 09:54, Forever Hearts said:

That's for the "Pro" version I.e. Identical to what the players wear. Usually they're more fitted, are made of tougher material and the badges and stuff aren't sewn on, they're actually in the material or are special heat transferred prints that don't come off. 

It's optional. They still sell their normal replicas at normal prices. 

Nookie Bear
45 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

That's for the "Pro" version I.e. Identical to what the players wear. Usually they're more fitted, are made of tougher material and the badges and stuff aren't sewn on, they're actually in the material or are special heat transferred prints that don't come off. 

It's optional. They still sell their normal replicas at normal prices. 

For £55 I would expect the badge to remain on the strip 🤷‍♂️

Batistuta87
30 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

For £55 I would expect the badge to remain on the strip 🤷‍♂️

I was more emphasing the quality of the heat transfer on the pro ones as opposed to doubting the replicas. The pro tops don't have stitched badges mainly because they rub rather than that they fall off lol.

Batistuta87
16 minutes ago, farin said:

Mind the wonga logo fell off a few folks tops after washing years ago. 

The Adidas Wonga one is one of the worst quality Hearts tops I've ever had. 

The XXL has sold out obviously I’m not the only one who usually goes XL but found them nipped went a size up🤪