• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Martin_T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think once the club has been stabilised and settled back into the SPL then Stendel with a full preseason and proper back up would be a good appointment. 
ive always said right manager at the wrong time. 

2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/daniel-stendel-hearts-interview-my-project-at-as-nancy-and-why-i-hope-for-a-second-time-at-tynecastle-3264194

Thought this was quite an interesting read 

Lot of folk said at the time he was the right man but at the wrong time. 

He alludes to this himself and also indicates he may have focussed on results first, and then the football later if he could have his time again.

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing.

Would you take him back at some point in the future or not ? I personally would. 

Don’t Think it will happen in all fairness, but would be interested to see what everyone thinks all the same 

100% yes from me if it's a toss up between what we have or Daniel and his team.

I'm behind Robbie because I don't have a choice and just hope he can be less pragmatic and let the players have some freedom.

In Daniel, we finally had a coach who showed us some passion and demanded the same of his players.

For all those saying he was shite, don't for a second underestimate the mess he came in to and then didn't even have coaching staff to help him.  It was a complete shitshow of a squad and coaching setup and he got plumped in to the middle of it and had to weed it out in no uncertain terms.

Get him in, with Joe Savage, and we'd be golden imo.

Daniel himself said he isn't a transfer market guy, he's a coach.  So he also didn't have someone like Joe to help him then, remember.

Passed up the opportunity to sign a goalkeeper in the January window and stuck with Joel. 

See ya Daniel 

BelgeJambo

Absolutely 

Would much rather watch his style of football compared to the shite Neilson delivers

1 hour ago, professorfate said:

I would take Stendal back in a heartbeat and I blame the players for him not being here. I think stendal would have created a new philosophy for us which the fans wanted. 

The players? 

The Old Tolbooth
50 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Daniel over Robbie any day. 

New Manager over both of them would be my preference. 

This is exactly where I'm at as well right now, in fact I'd probably take John McGlynn over Robbie! 

Ship has sailed. 

Showed us what attacking football at it's best and worst could be. 

Looked like he had made some strong choices (Berra) then screwed up and carried on with Pereira in goals when it was clear he was not good enough. Not sure Stendel had worked out the Scottish game quickly enough... gave us 2 strong wins over Rangers and defeat against St Mirren shortly after. 

Really liked him but sadly no. 

2 hours ago, Haken said:

If he didn't realise at the time that results were the priority, then I'm thinking it's probably naw

Thats the bit that stood out to me. 

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Exactly, it's the main criticism that I've had, apart from playing an optical illusion in goal, he took his eye off the short term trouble we were in to get his philosophy over. Poor judgement at an important time.

This

Not to say he can’t be a good manager for us in future but 🤷🏻‍♂️

As many have suggested, the right time to implement his style of football would have been after the season had finished. Close season would have provided time to bring in players that would easily adapt to his philosophy and brand of football. I think that in order to modify the playing style to something vastly different than the Hearts norm, it has to be instigated at all levels, from youth right through to the first team. I would absolutely love us (not Kevin Keegan style, more reserved) to adopt a German style of direct, pressing football.

Armageddon

Never mind Daniel Stendel, at this moment I'd take Daniel Craig or Daniel Day Lewis instead of the clown we have.

BRAVEHEART1874

Maybe,  but not if we were 2nd bottom or even in the bottom 4. Not only the keeper but the whole defence were far too easily beat with a simple long hoof which often left a simple 1 on 1 with the keeper :(

I’m just not sure to be honest. It was clear most of the time what he was trying to do. Other times some of the team looked like they just were not up to the task. I always wondered why and couldn’t help but think CL was still influencing some of the players somehow. Paranoid I know but I wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him now. In the same breath it’s fair to say he (Daniel) was perhaps handed a poisoned chalice.

wattie exploited

definitely  he would have learnt a lot I think he is well worth another shot although it will never happen :rifle: 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

definitely  he would have learnt a lot I think he is well worth another shot although it will never happen :rifle: 

You never know, if he fancies it and there's a change in who's running the club, why not? I don't particularly fancy it but I'd give him a chance if no-one completely scunnered me on him first.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif

Why would we bring back a manager that put us into the Championship? :rofl:

He didn't put is in the Championship. 

Clark Griswold

He has unfinished business and would love to see him succeed upon a return to the club

33 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Never mind Daniel Stendel, at this moment I'd take Daniel Craig or Daniel Day Lewis instead of the clown we have.

:lol: 

frankblack
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Yes he did.  He took us to the bottom of the league and bottled the decider against St Mirren.

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Losing 1-0 to St mirren was he not in charge.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yes he did.  He took us to the bottom of the league and bottled the decider against St Mirren.

It wasn't a decider. 

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We were bottom wen he took over following a 3 year collapse?

Forever Hearts
Just now, Harry Potter said:

Losing 1-0 to St mirren was he not in charge.

Yes, he still didn't put us in the Championship. Dundee changing their vote did. 

It will be interesting to see how he does at Nancy, certainly being appointed in pre-season, with time to assess the squad, make signings and implement his playing style, is far better circumstances than what he walked into with Hearts.

As I've said before, it may have been better to make a pragmatic appointment to get us out of trouble in mid season and then appoint DS in the post season. But it really is futile continually going around in circles with this debate.

frankblack
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It wasn't a decider. 

Yes it was.  Everyone knew it as the rumoured shutdown was imminent.

4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

No we weren't.  10th I believe.

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

10th

1 minute ago, Hackney Hearts said:

10th

Hearts "firmly believe" Daniel Stendel can "take the club forward" after ending their five-week search for a manager by appointing the German on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

Stendal will take charge on Tuesday, replacing Austin MacPhee who has overseen six games as caretaker since Craig Levein was sacked on 31 October.

Only goal difference is keeping Hearts off the bottom of the Premiership after they suffered a third defeat in four games against Motherwell on Saturday, losing 1-0.

Pumped every week, 5 weeks joint bottom.  Aye, his fault,

frankblack
4 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

It will be interesting to see how he does at Nancy, certainly being appointed in pre-season, with time to assess the squad, make signings and implement his playing style, is far better circumstances than what he walked into with Hearts.

As I've said before, it may have been better to make a pragmatic appointment to get us out of trouble in mid season and then appoint DS in the post season. But it really is futile continually going around in circles with this debate.

Agreed.

The same negative posters are always trying to turn every thread into another Neilson Out thread, and aren't interested in looking forward.  Neilson's going nowhere any time soon, and these threads are all repetative, pointless, and utterly tedious.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Agreed.

The same negative posters are always trying to turn every thread into another Neilson Out thread, and aren't interested in looking forward.  Neilson's going nowhere any time soon, and these threads are all repetative, pointless, and utterly tedious.

As is Robbie's tactics.

frankblack
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Hearts "firmly believe" Daniel Stendel can "take the club forward" after ending their five-week search for a manager by appointing the German on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

Stendal will take charge on Tuesday, replacing Austin MacPhee who has overseen six games as caretaker since Craig Levein was sacked on 31 October.

Only goal difference is keeping Hearts off the bottom of the Premiership after they suffered a third defeat in four games against Motherwell on Saturday, losing 1-0.

Pumped every week, 5 weeks joint bottom.  Aye, his fault,

He took us down to bottom due to a complete lack of understanding of the Scottish game, and the buck stops with the manager.

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Aye, his fault

Not saying whether it was his fault or not, just being factual, we were 10th.

That said, it would have been nice to get a new manager bounce, rather 4 straight defeats (scoring 1 goal).

Just now, frankblack said:

He took us down to bottom due to a complete lack of understanding of the Scottish game, and the buck stops with the manager.

The club was in freefall and joint bottom when he came in?

Not saying whether it was his fault or not, just being factual, we were 10th.

That said, it would have been nice to get a new manager bounce, rather 4 straight defeats (scoring 1 goal).

Joint bottom mate. 

Hackney Hearts
Just now, Last Laff said:

Joint bottom mate. 

You can say that all you like, but if we were 10th on goal difference after the final St Mirren game, history would have been very different. Daniel would probably still be manager, for a start!

frankblack

You can say that all you like, but if we were 10th on goal difference after the final St Mirren game, history would have been very different. Daniel would probably still be manager, for a start!

:spoton:

Maple Leaf
23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

giphy.gif

Why would we bring back a manager that put us into the Championship? :rofl:

We were in a mess when he arrived and he failed to get us out of that mess.  He didn't create the mess.  With the limited time he had, using mostly players he had inherited, maybe he was doomed from the start.

I wouldn't bring him back because that ship has sailed.  For the same reason, I wouldn't have brought RN back either.

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Yes it was.  Everyone knew it as the rumoured shutdown was imminent.

No we weren't.  10th I believe.

It wasn't a decider. It was a vitally important game, but it wasn't a decider. 

frankblack
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

We were in a mess when he arrived and he failed to get us out of that mess.  He didn't create the mess.  With the limited time he had, using mostly players he had inherited, maybe he was doomed from the start.

I wouldn't bring him back because that ship has sailed.  For the same reason, I wouldn't have brought RN back either.

We were a mess but the perilous nature of our position didn't seem to click with him in his failure to resolve the goalkeeping problem and the crazy decision to change our playing style while in this position.

RN I was actually happy to bring back after the shitshows of successive replacements we had seen since he left.  Would have binned him on the spot at Brora but that ship has sailed.

frankblack
3 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Come on, read between the lines - everyone except you and DS realised it.

Hackney Hearts
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Not officially, but anyone with an ounce of foresight could see what was going to happen.

And anyone with an ounce of foresight should have seen that continuing with Pereira was playing with fire.

(and I was a Daniel fan!)

Edited by Hackney Hearts