Stendel - Would you take him back?

Hearts1975

Hearts1975

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/daniel-stendel-hearts-interview-my-project-at-as-nancy-and-why-i-hope-for-a-second-time-at-tynecastle-3264194

Thought this was quite an interesting read 

Lot of folk said at the time he was the right man but at the wrong time. 

He alludes to this himself and also indicates he may have focussed on results first, and then the football later if he could have his time again.

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing.

Would you take him back at some point in the future or not ? I personally would. 

Don’t Think it will happen in all fairness, but would be interested to see what everyone thinks all the same 

• davemclaren changed the title to Stendel - Would you take him back?
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Martin_T

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AlimOzturk

I liked stendal and would like to see him back again one day. I think Neilson will come good though and will be doing well this coming season. 

Smoked-Glass

Yes we should now that have a goal keeper instead of a puppet. 

Edited by Smoked-Glass

Not for me. I wasn’t really on board when appointed as wanted Robinson but maybe was right man and wrong time. He admits he made mistakes changing style too quickly when maybe results should have been the priority.

If he didn't realise at the time that results were the priority, then I'm thinking it's probably naw

Of course.

From the stands, I could see what he was wanting to do and I bought into it. Shame about his persistence with Pereira which ultimately cost us, but he got a tune out of some of the players I had written off.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Yeah in the future I would. 

Just make sure that next time he gets a full pre season and all his own staff in the door with him when he arrives! 

22 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/daniel-stendel-hearts-interview-my-project-at-as-nancy-and-why-i-hope-for-a-second-time-at-tynecastle-3264194

He alludes to this himself and also indicates he may have focussed on results first, and then the football later if he could have his time again.

Would you take him back at some point in the future or not ? I personally would. 

Don’t Think it will happen in all fairness, but would be interested to see what everyone thinks all the same 

No thanks.

6 minutes ago, Haken said:

If he didn't realise at the time that results were the priority, then I'm thinking it's probably naw

Bongo.....sorry I mean bingo.

The summer was the time to install a brand new way of playing with a new squad suited to the style.

He screwed up.

He can’t be fairly judged for his time here. 

Great guy, but it may be another wild punt in the dark. 

Let’s just say we’ll never know what could’ve been. Move on. 

professorfate

I would take Stendal back in a heartbeat and I blame the players for him not being here. I think stendal would have created a new philosophy for us which the fans wanted. 

Yes but although I have almost no hope in Neilson bringing us success, an appointment of anyone right now is pointless as long as that woman is still running the show.

Perhaps in the future. I think he accepts that he changed too much too soon when results were more important than implementing a style. That said, we played some good football at times and scored goals. If we had a goalkeeper and defence, I'm sure we would have picked up more points. 

The club was a shambles, the squad was a disgrace, most of the players couldn't give a shit and we had been on a downward spiral for years, he probably needed to steady the ship first. I still think we would have finished in the playoffs had the season not ended with 8 games left. 

Anyway, what's happened has happened. The demotion has allowed us time to re shape the squad, bin a lot of shite and start again. Look forward, not back. 

Rogue Daddy

Yes.. as has been said, with a proper pre-season and his own coaching staff in place, I'd have him back.

Hearts1975
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Just what we need another thread designed to cause argument and unrest. 😕

How so ? 

He was quoted in an article as saying he wished he had done things differently and would consider coming back in the future 

it isn’t designed for anything, other than seeing what the overall consensus is 

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, Haken said:

Exactly, it's the main criticism that I've had, apart from playing an optical illusion in goal, he took his eye off the short term trouble we were in to get his philosophy over. Poor judgement at an important time.

BackOfTheNet

It’s a big yes from me. I think punting him this summer was a huge error as he could have had not just last pre-season but all of this season to build his culture and philosophy up that we would hit the Premiership on the front foot.

jambo-in-furness

Stendel wasn’t given a hope in hell with the players he inherited, especially the goal keepers,  however,  he improved a few of them,  Clair in particular (even though his class shone through before hand). 
  But DS style of play and enthusiasm is miles above what we are playing now,  so from me it’s a big 

YES

even though it’s very unlikely to happen unfortunately

mellors1874

Style of play is 100 times better than neilson.

With his own players, staff and preseason he would do well

If he had a chance to get players in, and slowly try to adapt the way we play for the whole duration of a season, then absolutely yes.  You could see what he was trying to do, but was up against it with some of the players he'd inherited.

His attack minded "score more goals than the other team" style of football is exactly the type that is entertaining to watch (especially pumping Hibs and Rangers), we just didn't quite have time to get it right - and as he says, we should have focused on getting a few wins under our belt before trying to revolutionise the shite on the field. 

If he comes in and has to mop up someone else's mess, then I wouldn't want him back. A fresh start in a couple of years, I'd be all for it. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Yes because I want us to play in the style he does. 
I would Sergio back as well. 
Considering it didn’t really work for three others returning you think we would learn. 

Daniel over Robbie any day. 

New Manager over both of them would be my preference. 

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

He wasn't here long enough. I'd like to have seen what he could do without the shadow of CL behind him. I was pleased when he arrived. I like German football and their mentality. I would like to think we would've been a good marriage with Daniel.

Edited by Marvin
Corrections

Harry Potter
54 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Exactly, it's the main criticism that I've had, apart from playing an optical illusion in goal, he took his eye off the short term trouble we were in to get his philosophy over. Poor judgement at an important time.

Its a no from me.

No chance. 

Brought a few of his own players in, who were shite (assuming Boyce wasn't his). 

Strangely he doesn't seem to take the flack for that like previous and current managers have for signing duds. 

Harry Potter
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Looks like some on here like playing in the championship. 

seems that way ri.😧.