Euro 96 rewind BBC`

Last Laff

HeartofIron

I think Scotland scored a goal that tournament didn't they? 

Just the 1 mind. 

Was even better that England conceding a goal when 4 up against the Dutch put Scotland out. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, HeartofIron said:

Just the 1 mind. 

Was even better that England conceding a goal when 4 up against the Dutch put Scotland out. 

Gloating over relying on David Seaman's elbow to beat a country a 10th of your size at home? Even we didn't concede a goal against the Dutch and at least we managed to beat Switzerland. As we did in the 92 Euros where we did better than England, Scotland put up a good showing in 96 and missed a great chance to progress. Same old story.

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Gloating over relying on David Seaman's elbow to beat a country a 10th of your size at home? Even we didn't concede a goal against the Dutch and at least we managed to beat Switzerland. As we did in the 92 Euros where we did better than England, Scotland put up a good showing in 96 and missed a great chance to progress. Same old story.

I am firmly of the belief that if it had been John Robertson on the pitch instead of Ally McCoist he would have scored more than the one that Ally did, from the chances presented to him that day. 

I will always believe that John Robertson was the better finisher of the two.

the general

Was at all the Scotland games it was a blast. Stayed in Blackpool between the matches ...absolutely mental placr

5 hours ago, HeartofIron said:

Just the 1 mind. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952e2a1372c772e83d420