Andy Kirk to Brechin

Selkirkhmfc1874

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Shelley Kerr would be greast for the ladies team.  But would cost about 100k per year.  That is money that should go to the first team imo.  We are not rich enough or big enough to jutify that sort of appointment sadj.

Big Enough Id agree with in terms of the womens game but also it would show continued ambition to be big enough. The team has grown and developed this year and needs to continue progressing.

Rich enough is a debatable point depending on benefactors or how its funded , what her role would be in addition to managing the Womens team. Could be she did it almost part time herself on a lower wage. Not a person I know so I don’t know how she sees things , Hearts or her personal circumstances.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• sadj

• Stendelnator

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Popular guy at the club and both him and his family are the nicest people to meet. 

I know Jr 👍🏻 

Just now, Last Laff said:

Kerr just joined England.

The land mass known as Shelley Kerr joined England or the woman known as Shelley Kerr joined Englands football team. Bit ambiguous there pal 😝

1 minute ago, sadj said:

The land mass known as Shelley Kerr joined England or the woman known as Shelley Kerr joined Englands football team. Bit ambiguous there pal 😝

:lol: wido. 

6 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Or Aaron Hughes maybe.

Prob go with Kirk I’d imagine. 

What about Rankin is he still with us. Think the ladies would benefit from him even if only short term , articulate , intelligent , knows his stuff and has passion imo

Auld Reekin'

Good luck Andy.  :icon14:

In spite of Stendel saying that he was "...the only one he trusted..." out of the coaching staff at the time, Kirk must have had a reasonably good relationship with Levein, or at least be of the opinion that he can work successfully with him in the future. It'll be interesting to see how things go.

(Brechin can still g.t.f. however...   :muggy:)

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

And its only Monday…😈

14 minutes ago, sadj said:

And its only Monday…😈

Decent start tbf 👌

3fingersreid
27 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why? What? Eh?

Haha , whats frozen boots thoughts on it. Celebrating with the rest of the players who hate him 😝🤣

I just don’t get this the players hated him comes from , I’ve spoken to a good few of them and none of them have a bad word to say about him 🤷🏻‍♂️
she’s gutted but gets the situation , it’ll be interesting as to who comes in now . I know she’s just taken on a job with the English fa but Shelly Kerr ‘s a Jambo . 

44 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hope not, who would foot the bill for that?

The board, and when Robbie goes guess who’ll take over the first team......

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

New Brechin manager

Taking a few of the girls with him..........?

11 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I just don’t get this the players hated him comes from , I’ve spoken to a good few of them and none of them have a bad word to say about him 🤷🏻‍♂️
she’s gutted but gets the situation , it’ll be interesting as to who comes in now . I know she’s just taken on a job with the English fa but Shelly Kerr ‘s a Jambo . 

Ach , football is a world of misdirection , rumours and insanity. Tbf she has benefited massively from Aaron being there too so its bound to hit her hard. Hopefully whomever comes in keeps progressing us.

13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Decent start tbf 👌

Thanks , iv prob peaked too early tbh

Stendelnator
5 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Wonder if Aaron Hughes will step up to the woman's team manager role or join Andy at Brechin 

He’s got his own job working with the Irish FA. Only volunteering to help out and because he enjoyed it 

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

He’s got his own job working with the Irish FA. Only volunteering to help out and because he enjoyed it 

I'd imagine he will stay with the volunteering with Hearts then. 

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Or Aaron Hughes maybe.

He barely has any coaching badges so we need someone more qualified I think. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

A good move for him. Totally wasted at Hearts.

First comment 👎

Second comment 👍

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Shelly Kerr for the Hearts (Ladies) job then?

Shelly Kerr has job working for English FA looking after all aspects of women's football in England.

Decent job for her.

adambraejambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He barely has any coaching badges so we need someone more qualified I think. 

How about Gary Locke. He can still do his Match day stuff at Tynecastle but manage the women rest of the time. I'm guessing both jobs be part time roles ? 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I don’t think I said they hate him, one didn’t like his behaviour recently. I wouldn’t betray the confidence of who told me.
I shared a picture on here a few years ago and the guy who sent me it got into trouble from the club and I had to ask for it to be removed. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Shelly Kerr has job working for English FA looking after all aspects of women's football in England.

Decent job for her.

Don’t fancy being the interpreter 😆

3fingersreid
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think I said they hate him, one didn’t like his behaviour recently. I wouldn’t betray the confidence of who told me.
I shared a picture on here a few years ago and the guy who sent me it got into trouble from the club and I had to ask for it to be removed. 

When you’re told in confidence it should stay that way 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

How about Gary Locke. He can still do his Match day stuff at Tynecastle but manage the women rest of the time. I'm guessing both jobs be part time roles ? 

Surely you want someday that’s good at coaching or a successful manager? Who knows really but I imagine like most jobs at the club it pays well so will get someone decent. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, 3fingersreid said:

When you’re told in confidence it should stay that way 

It will, but when I read that he’s worshipped by the team I couldn’t help but say something. 

132goals1958
41 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Good luck Andy.  :icon14:

In spite of Stendel saying that he was "...the only one he trusted..." out of the coaching staff at the time, Kirk must have had a reasonably good relationship with Levein, or at least be of the opinion that he can work successfully with him in the future. It'll be interesting to see how things go.

(Brechin can still g.t.f. however...   :muggy:)

Thought he was hard done by. Neilson obviously allowed to call the shots in bringing his own back room staff. Doesn't usually happen in other business situations. It was not as if he was front line and unfairly demoted imo as a victim of circumstances.  

25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t fancy being the interpreter 😆

Talks like Stephen Pressley. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Ach , football is a world of misdirection , rumours and insanity. Tbf she has benefited massively from Aaron being there too so its bound to hit her hard. Hopefully whomever comes in keeps progressing us.

Thanks , iv prob peaked too early tbh

Would be the title of my life story. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Talks like Stephen Pressley. 

I’ve mentioned it in the past, have you ever seen them in the same room? 

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Thought he was hard done by. Neilson obviously allowed to call the shots in bringing his own back room staff. Doesn't usually happen in other business situations. It was not as if he was front line and unfairly demoted imo as a victim of circumstances.  

You’re right but I think with no reserve team and the women’s manager going to Rangers it was a compromise that will help him develop as a coach. 

132goals1958
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’re right but I think with no reserve team and the women’s manager going to Rangers it was a compromise that will help him develop as a coach. 

Hopefully but if I was him I would feel a bit aggrieved Lee McCulloch who hasn't exactly fared that well to date was a preferred option. To be fair I don't know much about Gordon Forrest.   

Jean Louis Valois

What a honking job for him to get. Mind It was a hell of a demotion for him last summer, probably desperate to leave us after that.

3 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

What a honking job for him to get. Mind It was a hell of a demotion for him last summer, probably desperate to leave us after that.

True.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Hopefully but if I was him I would feel a bit aggrieved Lee McCulloch who hasn't exactly fared that well to date was a preferred option. To be fair I don't know much about Gordon Forrest.   

That’s the business though, Levein has given him a job three times now. 

Levein continuing his jobs for the boys tradition. 

Wish he could take his pish signings with him as well. 

17 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Presumably a part time position, and you can't imagine Brechin will have much of a budget for either a manager or players.

Strange one to me, but must make sense to him.

30 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Great lad, mind the Linfield fans booing his every touch in a friendly over at Windsor Park awhile back.

Because he played for Glentoran before the JT’s. 
Andy’s Dad managed Distillery for quite a few years.

Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, Gambo said:

Shelly Kerr for the Hearts (Ladies) job then?

Only if i8 turns it down

Turkishcap
3 hours ago, pointon said:

So after he fails to get automatic promotion the chairman will look along the corridor and realise the right man was there all along 

Cracking!

Lone Striker

His laddie Mackenzie seems to be quite highly thought of at the academy.   Hopefully we don't end up loaning him out to Brechin though.  

CostaJambo
5 hours ago, sadj said:

Prob go with Kirk I’d imagine. 

What about Rankin is he still with us. Think the ladies would benefit from him even if only short term , articulate , intelligent , knows his stuff and has passion imo

Also good at doing errrr   ....squigglers.