Historical Tweets/Posts on Social Media

sandyk

31 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Don’t know who I’m talking about, just going off a report on LBC who said unamed player and stated 15 and 16 

I would imagine at ECB is trawling a lot of social media accounts right now wouldn’t be surprised if a few more things came out

I'm amazed this is coming out now . these players in question have had twitter accounts for 10 year and this only gets brought up now. I thought they would off been scanning over everyone social media.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I'm amazed this is coming out now . these players in question have had twitter accounts for 10 year and this only gets brought up now. I thought they would off been scanning over everyone social media.

You should be cancelled for this, tbh.

:seething:

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Indeed, add in that humours and what’s deemed acceptable has changed massively over the years. FFS you cant even watch a Disney movie without a content warning, that’s isn’t a criticism per se, just an observation of how our society has become aware of the concerns of wide and varied parts that make up our society. 

I also think, young men, in particular have a tendency to say things for a reaction/provocation as opposed to actually believing it.

I’m never convinced you can judge people by modern standards, when it never occurred in those times. 

Your last bit is accurate . Sensibilities attitudes and language have changed though time . We have hopefully evolved and are more sensitive to others differences and recognise that. Humour in particular,  is hit and miss with this issue really. What is be person finds humorous , another may be offended by . 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Don’t know who I’m talking about, just going off a report on LBC who said unamed player and stated 15 and 16 

I would imagine at ECB is trawling a lot of social media accounts right now wouldn’t be surprised if a few more things came out

Yes it looks like something the media will get their teeth into for a while then move on to something else ! 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

That's the funniest part in all of this. Humour is either funny or it's not. It's never offensive unless you wish to be offended.

Well I like most types of humour but I like humour which questions attitudes politics,  society and behaviours . People like Bill Hicks , George Carlin et al  I find humorous but also make me re think and analyse things . 

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, jonesy said:
29 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

What is be person finds humorous , another may be offended by . 

That's the funniest part in all of this. Humour is either funny or it's not. It's never offensive unless you wish to be offended.

I can be sent the same overtly racist meme by two different people with differing characters and I'll find it amusing from one of them but not the other. 🤷‍♂️

Context and intent are everything imo.

JudyJudyJudy
23 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

We are becoming way more evolved as a society. We see it with every generation and that trend will continue. It’s more the little changes now. 

Notice via the kids and their friends…..

I was watching a bit of boxing and my son walked in. My son asked me a question about it and my response it’s the white guy. (It was a black person and white person fighting) he referred to their trunk colour as opposed to their skin colour. Now saying the white guy isn’t racist but probably demonstrates how his thinking/language is a bit more evolved than mine. 

You must have noticed huge changes over the years, in terms of attitude, acceptance and understanding of your own ‘community’.

My son, had to explain to me Omni yesterday. It wasn’t the cinema at the top of leith walk as I assumed but it demonstrates how clued up his generation are. Albeit my boy has a issue with people identifying as he believes it’s ‘pointless distinction’ and who cares. 

Any how no real point other than random rambling of my boy showing me up for being as woke as a narcoleptic. 🙈

Im Not understanding the paragraph about the omni centre ? 

JudyJudyJudy

I like humour which can literally make your jaw drop and your eyes bulge out! “ Savage “ type humour . 

5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I like humour which can literally make your jaw drop and your eyes bulge out! “ Savage “ type humour . 

Indeed.

Jerry Sadowitz springs to mind. No limits to his humour and devastatingly  funny and bizarre at the same time. Definitely not worried about political correctness. 

No chance he would get a gig on tv nowadays. 

Pity.

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Lord BJ said:

My son had to explain Omni sexuality identity to me. 

It appears I might not have been alone in not knowing what it is, which has made me feel less dinasaur like. 

https://www.webmd.com/sex/what-is-omnisexual

Oh right I thought u meant the “ Omni centre “ in town 😂 I haven’t a clue what it means either . I’ll check that link . To be honest I’m still off the old school where you are either gay , straight or bi . That covered everyone . I can’t be arsed with all the new sub categories regarding sexuality and gender . But if people want to feel they are different that’s up to them . However as I have noted before I have many issues with trans militants using LGB as a Trojan horse to make people accept their name ideologies . Yes things in the gay “community”  have moved on from when I was younger and mainly for the positive apart from the militancy of some within it . But I don’t want to start another argument on this . 😎

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

It appears I might not have been alone in not knowing what it is, which has made me feel less dinasaur like. 

Just looked it up so it’s basically bi ! Or greedy “ decks “ lol 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Sirudi said:

Indeed.

Jerry Sadowitz springs to mind. No limits to his humour and devastatingly  funny and bizarre at the same time. Definitely not worried about political correctness. 

Pity.

Yes he’s great . I saw Joan Rivers at the Edinburgh festival one time and she was savage too ! Jaw dropping ! 

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes he’s great . I saw Joan Rivers at the Edinburgh festival one time and she was savage too ! Jaw dropping ! 

The thing that set JS apart from every other comedian I have seen is that he always performed as if it was the last show he would ever be allowed to do. Absolutely no limits. And loved a fight with any complainers in the audience.

Modern comedians are terrified of saying anything that could be seen as offensive to anyone.  
I despair at the sanitised state of entertainment in the UK.

Bring back “The Pall Bearers Review” or “The people versus Jerry Sadowitz”. I can’t see that appearing on catchup tv anywhere.

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

There's always someone just waiting to be offended these days. There are people trolling through social media accounts trying to ruin careers.

I'll never forget I referenced my mate at school as a ******. I never meant it to be offensive but I instantly regretted the word coming out. I literally just meant it as short for Pakistani. Was probably over 25 years ago and were something like 14. He never even flinched and it didn't bother him at all. I've never used the word since though as I'll never forget that instant fear that I might've upset him.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Well I like most types of humour but I like humour which questions attitudes politics,  society and behaviours . People like Bill Hicks , George Carlin et al  I find humorous but also make me re think and analyse things . 

Yip. Likewise. Incredibly funny and topical at the time.

I’d have their brand of humour over some of the shite masquerading as humour like Peter Kay for example, “ garlic bread…? “ 

Piss off, ya fat clown !

JudyJudyJudy
26 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip. Likewise. Incredibly funny and topical at the time.

I’d have their brand of humour over some of the shite masquerading as humour like Peter Kay for example, “ garlic bread…? “ 

Piss off, ya fat clown !

I had tickets to go and see Hicks when I lived in Houston . Cant recall now why we didn’t go . Missed opportunity 

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I had tickets to go and see Hicks when I lived in Houston . Cant recall now why we didn’t go . Missed opportunity 

Was luck enough to catch him at tbe queens hall in 93ish.  A lot of stuff you'd seen him do before, but he done an hour at the end where he answered questions from the audience.  

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You should be cancelled for this, tbh.

:seething:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I wonder if they will stop when we have used all 26 letters of the English alphabet to describe someone's sexuality?

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Was luck enough to catch him at tbe queens hall in 93ish.  A lot of stuff you'd seen him do before, but he done an hour at the end where he answered questions from the audience.  

That would have been great . Died far too early 

Auldbenches
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That would have been great . Died far too early 

Last point to keep it on topic.  The ironic  thing is that he had managed to give up smoking and then died of cancer.  Though I think it wasn't lung cancer.  

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Last point to keep it on topic.  The ironic  thing is that he had managed to give up smoking and then died of cancer.  Though I think it wasn't lung cancer.  

It was pancreatic sadly 

5 hours ago, jonesy said:

You can't say anything anymore because everyone is such a thin skinned little bitch. The banter polis have taken over. 

frankblack

Never posted on twitter and my Facebook profile is private to the selected friends and family.

There are a number of employers who will get a company to look up your social media posts before hiring you.

Edited by frankblack

57 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Never posted on twitter and my Facebook profile is private to the selected friends and family.

There are a number of employers who will get a company to look up your social media posts before hiring you.

We had an eejit that worked for us (past tense) that slagged off the company on Twitter and specifically senior management people. Would have been fine if he hadn’t hashtagged it. Not clever when you work somewhere with a marketing department that check for social media comments pretty much constantly. 

frankblack
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

We had an eejit that worked for us (past tense) that slagged off the company on Twitter and specifically senior management people. Would have been fine if he hadn’t hashtagged it. Not clever when you work somewhere with a marketing department that check for social media comments pretty much constantly. 

If you work for any company big enough to use social media for their brand you would have to be seriously stupid to do that.

I think my current employer has clauses in our contract that we won't post on social media about them.

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If you work for any company big enough to use social media for their brand you would have to be seriously stupid to do that.

I think my current employer has clauses in our contract that we won't post on social media about them.

Yes im very careful what I write on my Facebook and Twitter . I never ever mentioned work . Also have it on private lockdown almost , only my 2900 friends can see it ! 😎😂 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
19 hours ago, Sirudi said:

Indeed.

Pity.

The last time he was on TV was on Stuart Lee's show, sitting in a red armchair,dressed as Jimmy Savile, bouncing Pope Benedict on his knee. :rofl:

John Findlay

Best interview about this I have heard so far on this, was from Michael Holding the great West Indian fast bowler who played for Hampshire along with Gordon Greenidge, this morning on Sky Sports. Talked far more sense than anyone to date.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

ECB investigating 3/4 players apparently including James Anderson.

Can't say I'm all that surprised, of course there was going to others, can of worms and all that.

It's cricketers today, could be footballers next week and before you know it, it'll be the HR dept, looking at, well everybody.

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The last time he was on TV was on Stuart Lee's show, sitting in a red armchair,dressed as Jimmy Savile, bouncing Pope Benedict on his knee. :rofl:

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Can't say I'm all that surprised, of course there was going to others, can of worms and all that.

It's cricketers today, could be footballers next week and before you know it, it'll be the HR dept, looking at, well everybody.

4D834821-1541-4F91-BD04-AF5B6F514C5D.gif

6 hours ago, jonesy said:

I'm offended on everyone's behalf. How dare you call them/us thin skinned and use the b-word (I got a post deleted on the CV19 thread for calling Sturgeon one!). Now, where's Humza's number...

Don't think old Johan Cruyff - the chain smoker, the grudge holder - would have been very successful in the social media age!

Everything Steve Hughes said is spot on - When did "sticks and stones" stop becoming relevant and nothing actually happens when you're offended. It's a joke the way the world is going and it is absolutely correct that stopping offensive terms is a form of control. Folk have just as much right to offend as they do being offended. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The argument will be “ freedom of speech “ not “ freedom of consequences” but like I said one persons “ offensive “ barometer might be different from another’s , ? I got a warning on Facebook due to me calling a militant nutter an idiot “ when I said that “ only women have periods “ she said that was not accurate ! Bampot 💥 really 

39 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Everything Steve Hughes said is spot on - When did "sticks and stones" stop becoming relevant and nothing actually happens when you're offended. It's a joke the way the world is going and it is absolutely correct that stopping offensive terms is a form of control. Folk have just as much right to offend as they do being offended. 

the sticks and stones stopped being relevant when there quite rightly was more focus on mental health. the sticks and stones thing is actually a very toxic thing to accept as verbal or mental bullying/abuse leads to depression, anxiety, destroys peoples mental health and leads to suicide attempts

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

the sticks and stones stopped being relevant when there quite rightly was more focus on mental health. the sticks and stones thing is actually a very toxic thing to accept as verbal or mental bullying/abuse leads to depression, anxiety, destroys peoples mental health and leads to suicide attempts

Perhaps but there needs to be a bit of balance.

I get if I was to specifically target you or anyone else because of you're race, gender, sexuality, whatever... that would be OTT and unacceptable. Also, there is no need for that but.... folk are getting bent out of shape over the smallest things which in the past would be water of a ducks back.

For example, if I made a joke in the office and someone overheard me, decided they were offended and I lost my job when infact it had absolutely nothing to do with them.

That is also unacceptable in my book and that's where people need to grow a thicker skin. It's gone way too far now. 

John Findlay

This is how stupid it has become.

Roughly 8-10 years ago before Haymarket station was refurbished.

I had the incident of a male passenger missing three trains as he couldnt hear or pay attention to announcements as he had headphones on listening to music.

He saw me on the platform and complained about missing his trains.

I politely suggested to him that he removed his headphones or have one headphone on and one off in order for to hear the announcements. In way of an acknowledgement he just grunted at me.

I then received a tap on the shoulder, I turned round to be face to face with another male customer who then proceeded to berate me by telling me that I couldnt say what I had to the other Male customer as I was infringing his human rights.

I asked this male customer to come into what was the old alcove on platform 4 out of hearing of other customers, and politely told him that it was none of his business, and to politely go forth and multiply and that he could now complain that I had infringed his human rights.

Needless to say I never heard from him again.