• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cade

• Mikey1874

• Boab

• Last Laff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone know what happens if covid outbreak within team? i.e spain, surely no matter what they need to self isolate can play the first game? Not really seen any mention of this yet

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Iceland looking honking against Poland so far can we swap England out for them?

Rough start for Poland 🤣.    Great history beating Iceland, then, not so much.   I'm not watching the game.   Just the score.    Poland must be bad if Iceland are honking. 

14 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Rough start for Poland 🤣.    Great history beating Iceland, then, not so much.   I'm not watching the game.   Just the score.    Poland must be bad if Iceland are honking. 

Poland were as poor finishing as Scotland v Luxembourg. Iceland just defended and did little else

48 minutes ago, Pablo2012 said:

Anyone know what happens if covid outbreak within team? i.e spain, surely no matter what they need to self isolate can play the first game? Not really seen any mention of this yet

The Spain situation means Busquets is in isolation and their friendly tonight is being played by the U21s.

They are then going to call up a parallel squad from the U21s and others and they will be in a separate bubble from the other squad. If the main squad has more hits, they’ll draw from a parallel squad.

All tests have been negative so far for the rest of the squad.

Busquets, himself, will miss the first game but will be eligible if his test comes back negative next week.

Hope there is no more of it. Could be a nightmare if a player tests positive during the tourney.

Fingers crossed !

Edited by Boab

46 minutes ago, Pablo2012 said:

Not sure if there is anything.

Teams have I think till 11 June to make any changes to squad. 

Also Spain have called up more players to be ready to join meantime. 

On 06/06/2021 at 19:30, Mikey1874 said:

England if they win Group will get momentum from winning that game.

They won't be favourites though even with the game being at Wembley. 

Of course maybe England will actively avoid winning group. 

If we qualify in 3rd place we play at hampden. Runner-up, we have to go to Russia. Feck that. 

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

If we qualify in 3rd place we play at hampden. Runner-up, we have to go to Russia. Feck that. 

Copenhagen for Runner up

1 minute ago, cookieboy said:

Copenhagen for Runner up

Not so bad. Cheers 👍

It says St Petersburg on the wiki page. 

3rd place from Group D can end up in Budapest, Seville or Hampden, depending on the draw/permutations.

Dennis Reynolds

Anyone going to the fanzone? I've got tickets for the England game but I'm trying to decide if it's worth going through. Can't work out what the layouts going to be and whether I'll be able to have a drink whilst watching it. Seems to be a food and beverage area but I'm not sure if that's separate from the usual tables. No spirits on matchdays already as well so wouldn't surprise me if alcohol was banned if it goes a bit wild this weekend 🤷‍♂️

Pasquale for King

Just saw a bit of chat about the problems Spain are having and whether the players should be vaccinated. Any idea if Scotland have been and whether other teams should be or have done already? Surely would’ve been an idea to do so?

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, LMc said:

Anyone going to the fanzone? I've got tickets for the England game but I'm trying to decide if it's worth going through. Can't work out what the layouts going to be and whether I'll be able to have a drink whilst watching it. Seems to be a food and beverage area but I'm not sure if that's separate from the usual tables. No spirits on matchdays already as well so wouldn't surprise me if alcohol was banned if it goes a bit wild this weekend 🤷‍♂️

Leitch said the other day it’s a small fraction of the actual attendance of the venue, there will be a bar but as you say what happens before then might change it. He said it’s a fluid situation so might change as time goes on. Most pubs will be booked solid by now also. 

Jambof3tornado

So no proof of vaccination or negative tests result needed for hampden or fanzone.

We'll see that change come the start of the season!!!

willie wallace

Anybody got a ticket for any of the games and what is the Scotland allocation for each of them.

Any info would be much appreciated👍

2 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Anybody got a ticket for any of the games and what is the Scotland allocation for each of them.

I believe 12k total fans at hampden, but only 2k went to Scotland supporters clubs. And for wembley, we got 2600 of a capacity 25k crowd

will-i-am-a-jambo
6 hours ago, willie wallace said:

I got a ticket for the Croatia game but bought it back in 2019 from the official UEFA website. They actually refunded me the ticket initially as they were taking the ticket off me and then they gave it back to me (at the same price). Fans are entering the stadium at specific time slots. I've to head in between 6.30-7pm for an 8pm ko. Some folk are having to head in 2.5-3hrs before a game.  

________________Lloris

Pavard__Varane__any old cunt__Mendy

Thauvin__Kante__Pogba__Greizmann

_______Benzema__Mbappe

eaisiest of easy wins in a long time imo

25 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

________________Lloris

Pavard__Varane__any old cunt__Mendy

Thauvin__Kante__Pogba__Greizmann

_______Benzema__Mbappe

eaisiest of easy wins in a long time imo

Hernandez at centre back maybe... he's a better left back then Mendy as well

Also it won't be quite as easy as the wins for Xavi and Iniesta's Spain :D

Edited by Jeff

willie wallace
3 hours ago, Pablo2012 said:

I believe 12k total fans at hampden, but only 2k went to Scotland supporters clubs. And for wembley, we got 2600 of a capacity 25k crowd

So who would get the rest of the tickets as I can't see many from other countries coming over.

Surely the rest can't be hospitality etc.

willie wallace
30 minutes ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

I got a ticket for the Croatia game but bought it back in 2019 from the official UEFA website. They actually refunded me the ticket initially as they were taking the ticket off me and then they gave it back to me (at the same price). Fans are entering the stadium at specific time slots. I've to head in between 6.30-7pm for an 8pm ko. Some folk are having to head in 2.5-3hrs before a game.  

Nightmare having to wait  so long before kick off especially with nothing being open.

I am normally a 10 to 3 man at the earliest.🙂

will-i-am-a-jambo
17 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Nightmare having to wait  so long before kick off especially with nothing being open.

Same, l will be like a lost wee boy for an hour before ko! Can't remember the last time l would be at a game that early. 

EDIT: there are no food kiosks open either apparently.

Don't get me wrong l am extremely lucky to be going to the game and am very appreciative.

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

There's good TV coverage over here but the 1st Scotland game kicks off at 1am.  I'll have to settle for the highlights.  I will however watch our game v England live whatever time it starts.

I'll happily settle for Scotland looking as if they want to be there and competing well.  And our Craig being selected of course.

5 hours ago, willie wallace said:

So who would get the rest of the tickets as I can't see many from other countries coming over.

Surely the rest can't be hospitality etc.

No idea about Hampden, but some Wembley tickets were for key workers (mainly NHS) and local residents. Of course there will be hospitality and the majority are official travel club members. Unfortunately the corrupt UEFA suits will have a big slice, Giving tickets to key workers and local residents was the right thing to do and it really ****s me off that people are moaning about it. They should have been the majority in my opinion and nothing for UEFA. Trafalgar Square is for key workers too.

16 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

There's good TV coverage over here but the 1st Scotland game kicks off at 1am.  I'll have to settle for the highlights.  I will however watch our game v England live whatever time it starts.

I'll happily settle for Scotland looking as if they want to be there and competing well.  And our Craig being selected of course.

I think England game will be 7am for you Doug 

19 hours ago, farin said:

The fanzone looks like this, & it’s £6.50 a pint (allegedly). 😱

10DD410A-BF4F-46AD-B49A-E9DCAE3E6749.thumb.jpeg.d50309c28cf973545ba84dfda2466cad.jpeg

Think they'll sell the picnic benches after?

Looking for one for my back garden and browsing the other day I was stunned at how expensive they are. 

Happy to paint over weegie graffiti that it will inevitably be covered in.

Proper excited for this. Never thought I would be. 

Was only in my mid teens during France 98! Football was great then, we had just won't the Scottish Cup and the next match was Scotland v Brazil!

Edit - I wasn't even a teenager :lol:

Edited by Homme

I still just can't quite believe that Scotland have actually qualified again, delighted to just have someone to support rather than ABE, it's practically a free hit for us to be honest, If we get a win against the czechs i would be more than happy, however the closer the england game gets, the more excited i get about us causing an upset against THEM! at least we are taking part though, good times.

Last time Scotland appeared at an International Football Finals, certain bars were offering 6 bottles of budweiser in a wee ice bucket for a fiver.

1 minute ago, Cade said:

Last time Scotland appeared at an International Football Finals, certain bars were offering 6 bottles of budweiser in a wee ice bucket for a fiver.

When Hibs won the Scottish Cup the time before last, you could have bought their brewery for a fiver.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

5 bottles of Estrella in an ice bucket in Barcelona just now.  With two tapas thrown in.  👍

5€ 

:yas: 

1 hour ago, farin said:

No idea what they’ll do with them after tbh, there’s loads of them though. Maybe get in touch with the fanzone people directly at Glasgow Green?. 

3CCC9362-6996-48F2-AC5B-44E890EC410D.thumb.jpeg.5ac4099862f1da09ec5bfa5a22e485c5.jpeg

What to do with all that wood when they’re clearing up on the 12th of July !

Hmm…one to ponder !

Pasquale for King

I think the Scotland team have made a big mistake in not taking a knee at the Euros, especially against England where it might inspire their black players. 

wheatfield to sheffield
On 09/06/2021 at 23:21, willie wallace said:

We got tickets for Scotland Vs Czechs through UEFA bought long before qualification had finished

Kick off 2.00pm entrance slot 1100-1130. Might take a book!

Unknown user
On 10/06/2021 at 01:13, farin said:

The fanzone looks like this, & it’s £6.50 a pint (allegedly). 😱

10DD410A-BF4F-46AD-B49A-E9DCAE3E6749.thumb.jpeg.d50309c28cf973545ba84dfda2466cad.jpeg

A pint of whisky??

willie wallace
4 hours ago, wheatfield to sheffield said:

We got tickets for Scotland Vs Czechs through UEFA bought long before qualification had finished

Kick off 2.00pm entrance slot 1100-1130. Might take a book!

Sounds like a plan.👍

I'm quite enjoying the return to form for BBC punditry.

Patronising towards us and "ever so slightly" OTT for England with how simple their road to the final apparently is.

The OTT for England is brilliant. 

I do think it's much more likely they will struggle with a very inexperienced team slightly confused by their coach's gameplan. My only doubt is the home advantage. 

Just don't see how they are so good when you look at likes of France, Portugal and Belgium. 

The story of England's tournament (applies to every tournament they're in)

matchday one::greggy: matchday two::smugger:matchday three::ears:matchday four::glorious:
matchday five: :seething::lenny::sob:

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'd place England more with the likes of Poland, Turkey, Denmark. Unproven teams with potential.

The more I look at them the more I think they're a bit short. I'd only have Kane in as proven world class forward. Not sure their defence is a tournament winner. No shortage of touted midfielders but a bit raw for me. Southgate is as inspiring as a wet blanket also. 

Edited by JackLadd

indianajones
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scotland winning now would be similar to the Greek success in 2004 i guess?