Jon Rahm

Jeff

6 shots clear going into the final day.

About to walk off the 18th and an official wanders over to tell him he has to withdraw due to a positive covid test.

What a world we are now living in

I P Knightley

If getting the virus makes you play golf THAT welll, I regret having the vaccine😆

$1,670,000 first prize handed over. He may not have Covid symptoms but he'll be feeling sick. 

8 hours ago, frankblack said:

So you think he should play on and possibly infect other people?

:wtfvlad:

I don’t think the OP meant he should continue playing and potentially infect others .

I think it’s just a general look at the world we live in now. Something you wouldn’t imagine would happen two years ago. 

taking a 6 shot lead in and told you have the virus you need to withdraw it’s something you would see in a movie or a bad dream. 

2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Paddy Power have paid out on him winning the tournament.

I seen on SSN this morning that after his 10 days it ends the Wednesday before the US Open starts . What’s the chances he has 1 practice day and goes on and wins the US Open 

10 hours ago, frankblack said:

Aye that's exactly it...

He got tested AM, finished his round and then they told him. Why did they not pull him out mid way? Shambles from the PGA. 

The fact they told him Infront of everyone is shan as well

jack D and coke

Apparently he’d refused the vaccine up till now. Going to have it now though...

What a knob. 

I'm actually kind of surprised that they didn't require all players to be fully vaccinated before taking part.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I seen on SSN this morning that after his 10 days it ends the Wednesday before the US Open starts . What’s the chances he has 1 practice day and goes on and wins the US Open 

He gets a bit hot under the collar so wouldn't be surprised if he told them to ram it

31 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Aye that's exactly it...

He got tested AM, finished his round and then they told him. Why did they not pull him out mid way? Shambles from the PGA. 

The fact they told him Infront of everyone is shan as well

Yeah that is a shambles. Wait until

the round is complete? Wtf! And telling him outside in front of everyone too. 

So amateurish. 

Just now, kila said:

Yeah that is a shambles. Wait until

the round is complete? Wtf! And telling him outside in front of everyone too. 

So amateurish. 

According to reports, the second confirmatory positive result was only received when he was on the 18th green. The tournament's medical guy took the decision to tell him asap so that he could isolate. I guess they didn't want him getting too close to other folk after his round was finished. It would probably have worked fine if Rahm hadn't reacted the way he did (*completely* understandable of course) and folk around the green immediately realised that something was afoot.

13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

According to reports, the second confirmatory positive result was only received when he was on the 18th green. The tournament's medical guy took the decision to tell him asap so that he could isolate. I guess they didn't want him getting too close to other folk after his round was finished. It would probably have worked fine if Rahm hadn't reacted the way he did (*completely* understandable of course) and folk around the green immediately realised that something was afoot.

Not sure I believe them to be honest.

Edited by Jeff

9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Expensive mistake not taking up the vaccine when offered to him. 

Has that been proven? Seen it going round Twitter but it seems to have just been hearsay.

Vaacine doesn't stop you testing positive either.

23 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Has that been proven? Seen it going round Twitter but it seems to have just been hearsay.

Vaacine doesn't stop you testing positive either.

Some info here: https://golf.com/news/jon-rahm-withdraws-lead-covid-questions-and-answers/

If you're fully vaccinated + 14 days, you're not subject to tracing protocols. He was placed under these protocols on Monday due to proximity to someone who tested positive.

Mars plastic
13 hours ago, frankblack said:

Mask wearer in car and takes hand sanitiser everywhere kind of guy.  ☝️

frankblack
1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

Mask wearer in car and takes hand sanitiser everywhere kind of guy.  ☝️

Nope.  I will leave you with a picture of your idol as an anti-vaxxer:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bgu7o5tnacapyz59jeu

• 2 weeks later...
A Boy Named Crow
On 06/06/2021 at 20:33, Maroon Sailor said:

He gets a bit hot under the collar so wouldn't be surprised if he told them to ram it

I read this,  thought nothing if it, went upstairs,  sorted a few things out, then stopped and died a little bit inside 😖

On 06/06/2021 at 09:17, Stu_HMFC said:

:greggy:

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Brilliant from Rahm. 

But why did Oosthuizen play that second shot so short on the 18th when he needed an Eagle to tie ?

Strange decision by Louis. Obviously did not fancy the lie. Pretty poor from him if money is the prime objective,why else would he not have a go? Also he didn't actually have to go over the pond he could have fed it in from the right. Tough shot but if you want to win a major?

I'll say this for the likes of Mickelson he would of 100% had a go.