Scotland Euro song by a Jambo

Neil_Grant

Neil_Grant

Hi folks!

Lifelong hearts fan here who some may recognise for writing the modern day anthem "There will always be Heart of Midlothian". 

I Just wanted to let you know that I've now officially released my song for Scotland's Euro 2020 campaign called "There's nae team like Scotland".  It won't be everybody's cup of tea of course, but my heart's in the right place so go easy on me! At least I can say it's an original song and not another unimaginative 70s cover version!

Proceeds from the single go towards Mental health Charities SAMH and Mikeysline. The single is now available on SPOTIFY, ITunes etc. 

Below are the music videos for both my Scotland and Hearts songs. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🇱🇻

Scotland Euro 2020 Song 

https://youtu.be/q-eQpa8kg-M

Hearts song (which I performed live at Tynecastle on FOH day in January 2019)

https://youtu.be/vhtniRrJPDc

All the best! 

Neil Grant 

HHGH

Have to be honest. I’m no song writer/composer. But let’s be not beat around the bush here, both are pish. 

Edited by ShedBoy

Independence
13 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Have to be honest. I’m no song writer/composer. But let’s be not beat around the bush here, both are pish. 

Deary me!!! Why bother with such negativity. Both songs are great and am only jealous that I cant play or sing anything. 

4 minutes ago, Independence said:

Deary me!!! Why bother with such negativity. Both songs are great and am only jealous that I cant play or sing anything. 

Deary me, that’s why we win **** all. Here’s a medal for participating. Both songs are pish. Neither song is easy to remember when hammered. Neither song has a hook. Neither song belongs on the terraces. Prove me wrong. 

I’ll wait 👍🏻

brunoatemyhamster

First one. cringe

Second one. Gerry Cinnamon covering yes sir I can boogie cringe. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Eurovision was last month, would rather listen to Allys tartan army, it's a No from me back to the day job lad's 

Independence
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

Deary me, that’s why we win **** all. Here’s a medal for participating. Both songs are pish. Neither song is easy to remember when hammered. Neither song has a hook. Neither song belongs on the terraces. Prove me wrong. 

I’ll wait 👍🏻

Okay I will bow to your musical expertise. Thanks for keeping me right. I will really try to be negative like you in the future. Thanks, for showing me the way!!

Bazzas right boot

It's good in it's own way, but I do wish we'd have a song that was more chanty and footbally! 

Something upbeat and catchy.. 

"Yes sir" is cheesier than a 87 year olds feet but it's a bit more cheery and can be adapted for football as you bounce about. 

So Make Some Noise..
10 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

I’ll wait 👍🏻

Commending a fellow fan for writing a song about something he/she is passionate about for charity is why we win **** all?

:greatpost:

Edited by So Make Some Noise..

10 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

I’ll wait 👍🏻

Let's not take ourselves too seriously. Its just a bit of fun and the OPs song is for charity I believe. 

As long as the squad are taking things seriously the fans can have fun. 

We’ve waited a long time for this occasion, let's make the most of it. 👍

1 hour ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Commending a fellow fan for writing a song about something he/she is passionate about for charity is why we win **** all?

:greatpost:

Are you drunk? You’ve read my retort to another poster (not the OP) and jumped full on in, both feet? Great Post indeed 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

hughesie27
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's good in it's own way, but I do wish we'd have a song that was more chanty and footbally! 

Something upbeat and catchy.. 

"Yes sir" is cheesier than a 87 year olds feet but it's a bit more cheery and can be adapted for football as you bounce about. 

More up your street

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

More up your street

Better! 

Got a chant and sweary words!

😂

The Old Tolbooth
On 05/06/2021 at 16:35, Neil_Grant said:

Hi folks!

Lifelong hearts fan here who some may recognise for writing the modern day anthem "There will always be Heart of Midlothian". 

I Just wanted to let you know that I've now officially released my song for Scotland's Euro 2020 campaign called "There's nae team like Scotland".  It won't be everybody's cup of tea of course, but my heart's in the right place so go easy on me! At least I can say it's an original song and not another unimaginative 70s cover version!

Proceeds from the single go towards Mental health Charities SAMH and Mikeysline. The single is now available on SPOTIFY, ITunes etc. 

Scotland Euro 2020 Song 

All the best! 

Neil Grant 

HHGH

Superb mate, ignore the haters, it takes balls to do things like this and I enjoyed both songs. I remember you singing at Tynecastle as well, hopefully you come back again once we're allowed back in to perform again. :2thumbsup:

Jambo 4 Ever
On 05/06/2021 at 16:35, Neil_Grant said:

Hi folks!

Scotland Euro 2020 Song 

All the best! 

Neil Grant 

HHGH

Good job 

So Make Some Noise..
3 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Are you drunk? You’ve read my retort to another poster (not the OP) and jumped full on in, both feet? Great Post indeed 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

:vrface:

Forever Hearts
On 06/06/2021 at 22:27, ShedBoy said:

That's a bit harsh, squire. 

sandylejambo

I quite enjoyed the songs, and I was brought up in the time when Procal Harem where strutting their stuff.

Mum always said if you can’t say something nice, say nothing at all. 
Have to say I’ve nothing at all to say about ANY of the efforts at Scotland songs for this tournament. 
We need an updated “I Have A Dream,” for the popsters or hoose parties, or a “Que Sera Sera,” that the fans can sing at the games. 
What’s BA Robertson up to these days? Rod Stewart is probably too busy sucking up to the hoops.

That said, I hope the OP’s songs sells loads for charity and I do like “There Will Always Be Heart Of Midlothian.” 

7 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Outstanding. Live as well. 

How did John Wark no win an Oscar? 

:D

Great effort mate👍

A great listen with excellent lyrics.

Definately gets you in the mood.

Cmon Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

michaeljambo22
8 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Listened to about 5 seconds of the song and turned it off in disgust. Rotten af 

Aye its no the best lol I was just amused that boy got his hearts top in before swapping it to his Scotland top

22 minutes ago, michaeljambo22 said:

Anyone seen BBC Scotlands anthem for the euros? one of the lads from Scots squad has managed to get her hearts top in for a couple of seconds 3.51. Good lad😉

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=472694150693982

That Chris Forbes parody as the Jambo black sheep thick, useless at sport Murray brother.

Song's not too bad if they could have found a singer.

Under the floodlight
3 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

It's good fun... 

It's no Romeo Tayler though.... 

Ha ha, that is truly bad, looks like it was filmed at a kids disco.

4 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Ha ha, that is truly bad, looks like it was filmed at a kids disco.

It's a grower. 

Don't resist - embrace it. 

I'd be disappointed if any of the ****s on here that bang on about (the legend that is) D4NNY then slam Romeo Taylor for a quality anthem. 

Are Scots squad weegies?

I am at the stage I can't even listen to anthing 'Weegie related' for even 1 second.

I was sent this Scottish tourist board thing narrated by some unsightly mess called Janey Goodey (whom I had never laid eyes on or heard of till that moment) and I am still traumatised.

Cringe to the core.

Can we not get back to having somehting that represents us that actually speaks for a nation.  No far left talentless comedians, weegies or endless diversity hires.

Please pelase please just do somehting we can all relate to and enjoy.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Are Scots squad weegies?

I am at the stage I can't even listen to anthing 'Weegie related' for even 1 second.

I was sent this Scottish tourist board thing narrated by some unsightly mess called Janey Goodey (whom I had never laid eyes on or heard of till that moment) and I am still traumatised.

Cringe to the core.

Can we not get back to having somehting that represents us that actually speaks for a nation.  No far left talentless comedians, weegies or endless diversity hires.

Please pelase please just do somehting we can all relate to and enjoy.

Something non-diverse, right wing and from Perth?

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Something non-diverse, right wing and from Perth?

They would never have someone right wing and everything does seem to be glasgow centric.

Not one advert or anything nowadays that posters Scotland is in anyway even a bawhair close to reality.

If you have not seen this Janey Goodey advery Dave please watch - I think it may even make you cringe.

p.s I know this thread aint about the Scottish tourist board video but humour me.

Also as a footnote let me say that that unfunny as **** woman who does the bank of scotland adverts is as brutal as it gets.  She remind sme of Ruth Davidson but I like Ruth Davidson.

Edited by i8hibsh

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, Mysterion said:

It's good fun... 

It's no Romeo Tayler though.... 

Not a nation of oil paintings are we

davemclaren
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

They would never have someone right wing and everything does seem to be glasgow centric.

Not one advert or anything nowadays that posters Scotland is in anyway even a bawhair close to reality.

If you have not seen this Janey Goodey advery Dave please watch - I think it may even make you cringe.

p.s I know this thread aint about the Scottish tourist board video but humour me.

Also as a footnote let me say that that unfunny as **** woman who does the bank of scotland adverts is as brutal as it gets.  She remind sme of Ruth Davidson but I like Ruth Davidson.

Ruth isn’t all that funny either tbf. 

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not a nation of oil paintings are we

We are either pug ugly or supermodels.

Jennifer Reoch is as nice looking a bursd anyone will ever see on any inch of this planet.

Spitonastranger
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

is that because Ruth Davidson looks like a man 

4 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

is that because Ruth Davidson looks like a man 

Transphobe/homophone/non binary a phobe/queeraphobe and short hair ophobe!

:seething: