• Bongo 1874

• Morgan

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

You keep putting ‘B’ at the start of his name,🤔typo mate, should be a ‘D’ 👍

😀

Nice to see you and the pack are out in force. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

A_A wehatethehibs

Never seen this guy on any of the recent “favourite players” type threads, been conspicuously absent?

But then, when the opportunity comes to pick out the flaws and focus on the negatives of what’s gone wrong there you are, front & Center. Trying to do damage and sow dissent amongst the loyal fans of this football club 

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Never seen this guy on any of the recent “favourite players” type threads, been conspicuously absent?

But then, when the opportunity comes to pick out the flaws and focus on the negatives of what’s gone wrong there you are, front & Center. Trying to do damage and sow dissent amongst the loyal fans of this football club 

I've just explained I've been banned for a month 🤔 lord have mercy. 

Bongo 1874

I actually can't believe some on here I'm negative, but have came out saying we have the best academy in Scotland, outwith the old firm, we are the best of the rest, and because i say a few home truths people lose their minds?. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I actually can't believe some on here I'm negative, but have came out saying we have the best academy in Scotland, outwith the old firm, we are the best of the rest, and because i say a few home truths people lose their minds?. 

Maybe if you said it without using it as a stick to beat the club with?  

Bongo 1874
16 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Never released anyone that's gone on to bigger things 

Disagree with that comment, Liam Gordon has just won a league cup and Scottish Cup in the same season, Marc Leonard has moved away quite a few were playing a level above us last season. 

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😀

Nice to see you and the pack are out in force. 

Love you mate , never change, need you in my life ♥️

Edited by jamboozy

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Maybe if you said it without using it as a stick to beat the club with?  

So I've to change my personality as a poster to suit others, I accept if others have a different view to me, regardless how they put themselves over, it's a forum we are all hearts fans 😂 I've been called every name under the sun on here, doesn't put me off coming on here to give my point of view. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Savage Vince
45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Remind me what you were doing at 16 year old, the fact you talk it down shows me how much a hearts fan you are, 16 year old you had just started the baiting at that age and Cochrane was doing what you could only dream of. 

How many games were they unbeaten and a 16 year old came on the scene and fecking showed them, shove you're invincibility up you're arse young Harry said. 

Their invincible tag was almost undone at Easter Road the week before. Their fans knew it was coming. It was a fantastic performance from every single Hearts player that day, Brandon, Randall, Bauben and Callachan included. To suggest 'Harry showed them' is just nonsense. 

41 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Never released anyone that's gone on to bigger things 

Liam Gordon St Johnstone, Doig at Hibs, both at "bigger things" in that they are first team players in SPL.

Siphiwe Tshabalala
3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We'll find out very soon. For a management team supposedly reluctant to play kids, we're certainly making a lot of noise this summer about the need to play more youngsters and fast-track them into the first team after a "lost year" for some of them.

It’s not going to happen.

People thinking otherwise will be mistaken.

The academy is struggling and heading in a backwards direction.

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We'll find out very soon. For a management team supposedly reluctant to play kids, we're certainly making a lot of noise this summer about the need to play more youngsters and fast-track them into the first team after a "lost year" for some of them.

I genuinely hope so mate. We seem to have lost our focus on bringing the youngsters through. 

Mr Brightside
8 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Liam Gordon St Johnstone, Doig at Hibs, both at "bigger things" in that they are first team players in SPL.

Wouldn’t say either at bigger things yet. Would need to move on for a reasonable transfer fee for that to be the case. Paper talk sounds like that may happen with Doig.

Our perceived level is top 3-5 Premiership, and that’s where the majority of our fans expect us to be. Neither Gordon or Doig are currently better than that.

Mr Brightside

I was a big fan of Cochrane and really do wonder if we would be any worse off playing him instead of Bozanic or Damour.

However, reading the article I would question his desire to make it. He needs to be busting a guy in training and reserve games to show he merits selection. He himself admits that at times he didn’t do this.

For his sake I hope he takes a step back to move 2 forward.

10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

First of all was brown 16year old, secondly did Breiller put him out the game for any length of time?. 

3rd brown was a far better player than Breiller, in what sense when brown had the chance to show how great he was , he done the same as his second name in his pants,

Why because as a player he knew he was limited, hence any time he played in Europe, with celtic or with Scotland he was given the run around. 

Brown was a better player than Breiller 😂😂 give it a rest fowler. 

You holding brown in high regards 😂😂 because he won league titles win no team to challenge them, on an unlimited budget 😂

And when the only team that did present a challenge showed up, what happened, again him and his celtic teammates browned the pants. 

Brellier broke Browns leg and he missed almost 3 months of season 2005/06.

And slating Brown saying he stayed at Celtic because he was limited.......where does that leave Brellier ? He retired from professional football at 28 ffs. How limited does that make him ?

Saying Brown wasn’t a better player than Brellier is almost as bad as the time you said Pereira was a good Goalie.

You’re a complete slaver 🤡

A_A wehatethehibs
9 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Hibs and st Johnstone bigger things? Unacceptable statement. That’s a paddlin’

Colonel Kurtz

just reading this

What is the collective noun for Hibs supporters posting on a Hearts forum

Could I suggest a Reek

Harry Potter
26 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

just reading this

Could I suggest a Reek

After their cup final debacle they should all still be in hiding.😏.

34 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

just reading this

Could I suggest a Reek

U must be about 80 now is the Waverley still open?

Edited by Lfhearts

36 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Hibs and st Johnstone bigger things? Unacceptable statement. That’s a paddlin’

Bigger things from the players perspective, think about it.

59 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Wouldn’t say either at bigger things yet. Would need to move on for a reasonable transfer fee for that to be the case. Paper talk sounds like that may happen with Doig.

Our perceived level is top 3-5 Premiership, and that’s where the majority of our fans expect us to be. Neither Gordon or Doig are currently better than that.

Both never got near first team at Hearts so have moved onto "bigger things". Was not my original choice of words.

Mr Brightside
9 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Both never got near first team at Hearts so have moved onto "bigger things". Was not my original choice of words.

Bigger than Hearts u18s but not Hearts first team which is the point, I assume  the poster was making.

Seymour M Hersh
10 hours ago, jamboozy said:

:oohmatron:

Seymour M Hersh

On the topic I feel he was given plenty opportunity but something hasn't happened. Whether his attitude wasn't right in training or something else I don't know but something went wrong. 

11 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Best academy outwith the OF in what regard? I.e best resourced, best coached etc. 

Its just for all the money and attention that has been given to it the results haven't been there. I recall McDonald being quoted as one of the players to be excited about but he barely gets a look in and is then released to some 3rd rate Spanish club for about 2 weeks... I mean to date, Andy Irving is the only player in Budges tenure to come through the academy and hold down a first team place. Its been 7/8 years. 

My question is, who is to blame? Is it that Arnott isn't producing the players or is it that the first team manager isn't utilising the youngsters and is playing a style of football that is incompatible with what they know?

If the club genuinely wants to understand why the academy has been so lacklustre these past 7/8 years then it might be worth holding exit interviews with academy graduates. I'd love to know where Cochrane, Moore, McDonald, Morrison Currie, Oliver, McGhee, Godinho, Smith etc. felt that things went wrong for them. Some it will genuinely just be a case that they weren't good enough, but we seem to be incapable of helping young players realise their potential, McDonald should have IMO made it, and I think that comes down to the management (Levein) not trusting in the youth he was producing. The club getting some data on that I think could be quite useful for creating KPIs around the managers objectives. The club is a business and the academy is a department of that business, we're not a charity and the aim obviously is to generate transfer fees via the academy. We're utterly failing to do that.

Its something I think deserves investigation tbh. 

24 minutes ago, OTT said:

Best academy outwith the OF in what regard? I.e best resourced, best coached etc. 

Its just for all the money and attention that has been given to it the results haven't been there. I recall McDonald being quoted as one of the players to be excited about but he barely gets a look in and is then released to some 3rd rate Spanish club for about 2 weeks... I mean to date, Andy Irving is the only player in Budges tenure to come through the academy and hold down a first team place. Its been 7/8 years. 

My question is, who is to blame? Is it that Arnott isn't producing the players or is it that the first team manager isn't utilising the youngsters and is playing a style of football that is incompatible with what they know?

If the club genuinely wants to understand why the academy has been so lacklustre these past 7/8 years then it might be worth holding exit interviews with academy graduates. I'd love to know where Cochrane, Moore, McDonald, Morrison Currie, Oliver, McGhee, Godinho, Smith etc. felt that things went wrong for them. Some it will genuinely just be a case that they weren't good enough, but we seem to be incapable of helping young players realise their potential, McDonald should have IMO made it, and I think that comes down to the management (Levein) not trusting in the youth he was producing. The club getting some data on that I think could be quite useful for creating KPIs around the managers objectives. The club is a business and the academy is a department of that business, we're not a charity and the aim obviously is to generate transfer fees via the academy. We're utterly failing to do that.

Just have to be patient.  Any day soon so we are told.  Fantastic post btw.

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

On the topic I feel he was given plenty opportunity but something hasn't happened. Whether his attitude wasn't right in training or something else I don't know but something went wrong. 

certainly very strange , he has the ability.

52 minutes ago, OTT said:

Better to call them the third best facilities in Scotland. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

You make some decent points in your post however I think that the youngsters should be having regular updates on their performances and progress thropughput the season with targets to aim for. Maybe they already have that I don't know but it makes sense to me to do this.

I think once the players are on their way out then most are going to probably blame the club which may of course be true but I would favour ongoing evaluations shared with staff and players rather than an exit interview.

When you look at the few Scottish Clubs that bring through some decent yound players I don't think there is any coincidence that these clubs namely Hamilton and Motherwell have relatively small budgets in comparison to us forcong them to play their youngsters.

We have been threatening to do it for years but so far have failed miserably.

Yet again this season Robbie and the club are talking about promotong yound playerrs and working on a reduced sized first team squad but time will tell if we actually do this.

It could be argued that we just don't have good enough youngsters currently to give the Manager confidence to play them. If that is the case why when we spend so much money on the Academy?

The tendency seems to be to bring in journetmen type players that have a bit of experience rather than playing youngsters but is it really better bringing in players like Frear at the expense of leaving out a youngster?

We really need to be giving more a chance in pre-season and during league games to try and let them establish themselves in the squad rather than the obligatory last couple of meaningless games at the end of a season which seems to be the norm with us.

Broxburn Jambo

Some players do not reach anywhere near their potential......always has been always will be

3 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Some players do not reach anywhere near their potential......always has been always will be

Harry has played at a decent standard already, it's not just potential.  It's getting the best out them consistently.

4 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

just reading this

Could I suggest a Reek

Bunch of sister sh**ging dog fiddling wa****ain covered ^^^^wombling *****

Edited by sadj

15 hours ago, jamboozy said:

It has crossed my mind, Boozy.  👍

5 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

just reading this

Could I suggest a Reek

It’s Oddballs.

36 minutes ago, Morgan said:

It’s Oddballs.

*shakes head at lack of disdain for Hibs fans*

Bongo 1874
9 hours ago, DH1986 said:

And slating Brown saying he stayed at Celtic because he was limited.......where does that leave Brellier ? He retired from professional football at 28 ffs. How limited does that make him ?

Saying Brown wasn’t a better player than Brellier is almost as bad as the time you said Pereira was a good Goalie.

Yep brown definitely showed us in 2005/2006 didn't he 🤔

Was it his team that won a Scottish cup and finished 2nd 🤔

Brown never had all the drama at Hibs, like Breiller did at Hearts. 

And still we finished above the golden generation 😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yep brown definitely showed us in 2005/2006 didn't he 🤔

Was it his team that won a Scottish cup and finished 2nd 🤔

Brown never had all the drama at Hibs, like Breiller did at Hearts. 

And still we finished above the golden generation 😂

Wtf 😂

You’re basing two players entire careers on the one season Brellier did ok as a player and ignoring the rest 😂

You really are stupid.

Bongo 1874
9 hours ago, DH1986 said:

And you can confirm Breiller put brown out the game because, he had been complaining about feeling sore before playing us, he was then substituted in the Edinburgh Derby, got a scan after it,which picked up nothing 😂played In the next game against Rangers which they won 3-0. 

That injury could've happened before or after any time he played us, yet you lay the blame at Breiller door, right....... 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

And you can confirm Breiller put brown out the game because, he had been complaining about feeling sore before playing us, he was then substituted in the Edinburgh Derby, got a scan after it, played In the next game against Rangers which they won 3-0. 

That injury could've happened before or after any time he played us, yet you lay the blame at Breiller door, right....... 

Take a break......you’re a slaver.

Bongo 1874
Just now, DH1986 said:

Take a break......you’re a slaver.

What because I'm right, did he or did he not play in the next game against Rangers?. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

What because I'm right, did he or did he not play in the next game against Rangers?. 

And went off because of the injury he received the previous week after a tackle by Brellier.

A tackle which people on this very thread have celebrated.

Stop posting nonsense now please. Cheers.

Jeffros Furios
9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

And went off because of the injury he received the previous week after a tackle by Brellier.

A tackle which people on this very thread have celebrated.

Stop posting nonsense now please. Cheers.

Time for Bongo to post some irrelevant clip from YouTube. 

2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Time for Bongo to post some irrelevant clip from YouTube. 

Sounds about right.

Colonel Kurtz
10 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

U must be about 80 now is the Waverley still open?

young enough to sort you out hibs c@@@  

Waverley was a Tim shop unlike the Cabin

12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The Bongo drums are beating again.

Oh good.  

:vrface:

Can’t escape the lunatics in the asylum pal 😉