Harry cochrane

Newton51

rudi must stay
13 minutes ago, King prawn said:

In my defence I don’t remember Brellier doing anything else - I was just giving a reason as to why I liked him. 

My “best Hearts XI” wouldn’t include a single “thug.” 

Good to hear it

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bongo 1874

• Morgan

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Sadly there will be more Harry Cochrane type stories while our current manager and sporting director are in place.

No different from any other professional club, or football club for that matter.

Siphiwe Tshabalala
26 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

No different from any other professional club, or football club for that matter.

Disagree.

It’s pretty poor considering the resources we have at the disposal of our academy.

26 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Disagree.

It’s pretty poor considering the resources we have at the disposal of our academy.

So no club apart from Hearts have young lads that show good promise but then don’t fulfil their potential? 

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Cochrane speaks decently of Levein, Rankin and to a certain  extent Savage. He mentions Neilson (the gaffer) and about not getting a chance. 

The fact is that Neilson couldn't stand Harry, never gave him a chance, didn't offer a contract extention and Harry couldn't wait to get away.

I trust the person who told me this.

We 💯 offered him a contract pal 👍🏻 The rest i can’t comment on , I do know he felt if Harry went out on loan and showed anything he was worth having around the squad this coming season and seeing how he got on though. 

2 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Sadly there will be more Harry Cochrane type stories while our current manager and sporting director are in place.

This post reminds me of someone hushing a bar when they are pissed to shout an absolute load of shite then sitting down triumphantly , while everyone else goes… eh wtaf was that

2 hours ago, King prawn said:

In my defence I don’t remember Brellier doing anything else - I was just giving a reason as to why I liked him. 

My “best Hearts XI” wouldn’t include a single “thug.” 

We need more thugs type post

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

indeed

jambopilms

Cochrane speaks decently of Levein, Rankin and to a certain  extent Savage. He mentions Neilson (the gaffer) and about not getting a chance. 

The fact is that Neilson couldn't stand Harry, never gave him a chance, didn't offer a contract extention and Harry couldn't wait to get away.

Harry was already on a downward tragectory long before Neilson came back. He hasnt done anything to deserve an extension for years.

46 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I really wish I could say more on this, sadj. 

People who know me on here I'm pretty sure know that I don't spread rumours or make things up. 

I'm going to leave it at that.

Who specifically is lying?

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

People who know me on here I'm pretty sure know that I don't spread rumours or make things up. 

People believe what they want to believe and your source might be one of them. Some people still think we just let Jason Holt go, when in fact he rejected a contract as well for the same reasons as Cochrane.

Na im not doubting you Jonno , I know you don’t its just I know a bit too - again without saying too much or getting into where it came from , id imagine as with all whichever side is saying x the other z its somewhere around y thats accurate. 

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Go and have a pint.

PM’d ya mate , some convos are not for threads. 👍🏻

Siphiwe Tshabalala
1 hour ago, sadj said:

This post reminds me of someone hushing a bar when they are pissed to shout an absolute load of shite then sitting down triumphantly , while everyone else goes… eh wtaf was that

We need more thugs type post

indeed

All I said was, while our current Manager and Sporting Director are in place, the flow of young players coming through will be slow.

1 minute ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

All I said was, while our current Manager and Sporting Director are in place, the flow of young players coming through will be slow.

Ok that im willing to discuss. Whilst that may be true (the definition of acceptable will be a personal one) , i think thats normal and is dependent on our goals and what’s coming through the academy. There is a fair bit of talent coming through so its upto the club to manage them Correctly. Weve already heard its how we expect to go so now its to be done. Robbie and Savage have both committed to that. Ill gave different thoughts to you on whats acceptable 

Go and have a pint.

Great idea.  👍

8 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Great idea.  👍

Cause you need any encouragement 🤔

Edited by sadj

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm really keen to see the back of Robbie asap. I think his attitude to youth development stinks, and he's not someone concerned in any way with meeting expectations on developing youngsters. He signs older players because he isn't a good coach and doesn't develop, mentor or improve his players. He's concerned entirely with short term results and I think its imperative that Savage monitors this heavily because youth development should form part of the clubs business model. (I.e to sell on young talent). I'd go as far as to say that this should be a performance indicator. If you cannot work with young players in a league with no money, then you're not a good coach. 

The Lewis Moore situation speaks volumes to me - Not in Lewis himself, but the mentality of seeking to sign a youngster out of the team for players who aren't sellable assets, if he'd replaced Moore with a couple like Gino and a couple others in their early 20s it would be understandable (Roberts, Frear, Kastaneer & GMS doesn't speak to someone interested in pushing on youngsters). Letting McDonald go too, and there is a complaint to be made about letting Morrison go too given how well he's doing at Falkirk, the step down to the Championship might have been exactly what Callumn needed. This was the time to give Cochrane a shot too given his age but again, no interest. 

We can now point to Henderson and Pollock getting game time, but that largely appears to have been down to the absolute fury directed his way in the aftermath of the Brora result. Apparently, he plans to play youth in the cups, A.) We'll see if that is true or not, B.) Youngsters need stability, they can't just be set up to fail by playing several of them against experienced opposition and then claim 'thats what happens when you play kids', nor can they be in and out of the team randomly and expected to perform when called upon - See Henderson, finally gets a run and then begins to look like he knows what he's doing. 

Its sad to see Budge back him so aggressively, because I do not believe he's going to bring through a single youngster which will be sold for seven figures in his tenure. 

Spellczech
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm really keen to see the back of Robbie asap. I think his attitude to youth development stinks, and he's not someone concerned in any way with meeting expectations on developing youngsters. He signs older players because he isn't a good coach and doesn't develop, mentor or improve his players. He's concerned entirely with short term results and I think its imperative that Savage monitors this heavily because youth development should form part of the clubs business model. (I.e to sell on young talent). I'd go as far as to say that this should be a performance indicator. If you cannot work with young players in a league with no money, then you're not a good coach. 

The Lewis Moore situation speaks volumes to me - Not in Lewis himself, but the mentality of seeking to sign a youngster out of the team for players who aren't sellable assets, if he'd replaced Moore with a couple like Gino and a couple others in their early 20s it would be understandable (Roberts, Frear, Kastaneer & GMS doesn't speak to someone interested in pushing on youngsters). Letting McDonald go too, and there is a complaint to be made about letting Morrison go too given how well he's doing at Falkirk, the step down to the Championship might have been exactly what Callumn needed. This was the time to give Cochrane a shot too given his age but again, no interest. 

We can now point to Henderson and Pollock getting game time, but that largely appears to have been down to the absolute fury directed his way in the aftermath of the Brora result. Apparently, he plans to play youth in the cups, A.) We'll see if that is true or not, B.) Youngsters need stability, they can't just be set up to fail by playing several of them against experienced opposition and then claim 'thats what happens when you play kids', nor can they be in and out of the team randomly and expected to perform when called upon - See Henderson, finally gets a run and then begins to look like he knows what he's doing. 

Its sad to see Budge back him so aggressively, because I do not believe he's going to bring through a single youngster which will be sold for seven figures in his tenure. 

A year in the Championship with no crowds - there will never be a better time to blood youngsters. Either the talent is simply not there or we've missed a trick...

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

This is a slavering pile of slavery slavers…..Based on very little except a ****ed up year in a ****ed up world with very little STABILITY (a word you used) and very little normality. The rest is your opinion based on your take on things and no facts. 🤷🏻‍♂️ aye was all about here Moore are you 22 n done **** all of anything so far? No?  Ok lets pkay you heaps. Hey Harry is your attitude wrong and your work ethic poor? Aye - ok wont loan you out ket you get it sorted - come on in lets play you lots. 

….what we are not getting out the championship in this weird season of going home sitting in the house , no team bonding , no real interaction wi your teammates? Thats ok i played some youths who at one point werent allowed to train with the first team as otherwise OTT will want me sacked 😶 

You have such a blinkered view of how difficult its been this year to do anything with players and squads. There was room for improvement and there is things to criticise for. Slating them for not playing Harry or Moore though ffs 🙈

Moore is nota sellable asset and most likely wont be ever… Cochrane meh maybe maybe not - not really done anything in 4years to suggest he will be.

Harry Stine has continued to develop properly and well under Robbie or does that not count? 

13 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

A year in the Championship with no crowds - there will never be a better time to blood youngsters. Either the talent is simply not there or we've missed a trick...

Just not true Spellczech…thats based on us being animals and if we dont perform in 30 seconds we will be saying they are shit. This season has not been fun for players its not been normal in anyway. Youth players had it even worse this season was not a great one to bleed youngsters in or new signings for many more experienced players new to clubs. 

17 minutes ago, OTT said:

In and out the team is bad is bollox too , its good to feed them in and out regularly for a start. Its a recognised way to help them develop.

This fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk’n place at times 🤯

Spellczech
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Just not true Spellczech…thats based on us being animals and if we dont perform in 30 seconds we will be saying they are shit. This season has not been fun for players its not been normal in anyway. Youth players had it even worse this season was not a great one to bleed youngsters in or new signings for many more experienced players new to clubs. 

In and out the team is bad is bollox too , its good to feed them in and out regularly for a start. Its a recognised way to help them develop.

This fukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk’n place at times 🤯

That's your opinion. I disagree.

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

That's your opinion. I disagree.

I know I respect that. Boring world if we all agreed. 

Spellczech
Just now, sadj said:

I know I respect that. Boring world if we all agreed. 

👍

RIght I've done the dishes and put the pasta on now. I'll explain why.

Covid has made things difficult for the people who RUN football clubs but not for footballers. I shall be brief about the running problems as we all know them - loss of income; logistics; testing; creating bubbles; stopping idiots going to parties...That last one is about the only one that affects players. They still got paid good money to "work" about 20 hrs a week but had to do their running by themselves (not that hard since most every runner does that!), or use their home weights etc. Sure managers and players had to pay lip service to the pandemic whenever asked and say things like "it is difficult without the fans in the stadium" but that's bollocks like when Londoners get asked about their "busy lives"...

59 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

👍

RIght I've done the dishes and put the pasta on now. I'll explain why.

Covid has made things difficult for the people who RUN football clubs but not for footballers. I shall be brief about the running problems as we all know them - loss of income; logistics; testing; creating bubbles; stopping idiots going to parties...That last one is about the only one that affects players. They still got paid good money to "work" about 20 hrs a week but had to do their running by themselves (not that hard since most every runner does that!), or use their home weights etc. Sure managers and players had to pay lip service to the pandemic whenever asked and say things like "it is difficult without the fans in the stadium" but that's bollocks like when Londoners get asked about their "busy lives"...

Thats fair enough , I have a different perspective from the otherside in terms of the effect of no interaction wi the team , shortened days , no mixing , seperate dressing rooms on game days , no changing rooms to mix at training. Imagine being stuck in the house as a kid like Harry , unable to train with the first team because of covid regs and bubbles but being selected then being in the non starters dressing room before the game , it could and would for a lot make it very difficult to perform to a level they should. At times teams had two , three or more bubbles to prevent risk of spread , even then you couldn’t do that outside of training and match days , it was a lot tougher than you would imagine. Thats scratching the surface. 

Disjointed play has been a big part of our season id wager part of it is explainable above.

2 hours ago, sadj said:

This is a slavering pile of slavery slavers…..Based on very little except a ****ed up year in a ****ed up world with very little STABILITY (a word you used) and very little normality. The rest is your opinion based on your take on things and no facts. 🤷🏻‍♂️ aye was all about here Moore are you 22 n done **** all of anything so far? No?  Ok lets pkay you heaps. Hey Harry is your attitude wrong and your work ethic poor? Aye - ok wont loan you out ket you get it sorted - come on in lets play you lots. 

….what we are not getting out the championship in this weird season of going home sitting in the house , no team bonding , no real interaction wi your teammates? Thats ok i played some youths who at one point werent allowed to train with the first team as otherwise OTT will want me sacked 😶 

You have such a blinkered view of how difficult its been this year to do anything with players and squads. There was room for improvement and there is things to criticise for. Slating them for not playing Harry or Moore though ffs 🙈

Moore is nota sellable asset and most likely wont be ever… Cochrane meh maybe maybe not - not really done anything in 4years to suggest he will be.

Harry Stine has continued to develop properly and well under Robbie or does that not count? 

You're entitled to your opinion, mine is that we need to focus in on promoting youth and even with the limitations of this season Robbie IMO hasn't shown a desire to promote youth. Pollock for example comes in after the Brora debacle and after fans had been screaming about the lack of youth all season. I.e I think Neilsons inclusion of youth is reactionary to the outrage of the fanbase not that it is his natural inclination as a coach. 

My point around Moore isn't specifically geared towards Moore, its just a good example of Neilson rejecting youth in lieu of bringing in unsellable journeymen which has been a consistent issue in Budges tenure - Not signing young hungry players, instead going for 28 year olds because of some misplaced idea of them 'not letting you down'.  The difference between Moore and for example Elliot Frear is that Moore could improve. Morrison for example is an obvious example of that. If we centre on signing players who have already reached their potential then that is deeply worrying because players at their peak at Hearts, generally aren't very good due to the price bracket we operate in. 

I think the whole ethos of the football 'department' needs to be centred around the academy. The number of missteps by those who are supposed to know football in relation to the academy is almost laughable if it wasn't so depressing. We have our academy lads learning box soccer and how to pass the ball about, then they get to first team level and watch the ball being shelled forward from GK/CB for 90 minutes. Our first team should play similarly to the academy, it might not immediately bear fruit, and might need tweaking to meet that sweetspot of good footballing education and the practical side of winning, but nonetheless I think its something that should be thought about. Either our academy is a disaster or our first team methods are incompatible with whats being taught at academy level. 

I do not believe Neilson is inclined to give youth a chance, and I also believe if Neilson decides your face doesn't fit thats you. The Montrose manager was in the papers signing Cochranes praises, so us only looking to protect our development fee is a bit sad to see tbh. From the interview Cochrane gave with Marvin Bartley before the season started it sounded like he was doing everything right to put himself in and around the first team. Stendel would have given him some game time had the season not been curtailed too I reckon. Then there is McDonald being turfed out too who was by all accounts very highly rated by the coaching staff a couple of seasons ago. 

Edited by OTT

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

You're entitled to your opinion, mine is that we need to focus in on promoting youth and even with the limitations of this season Robbie IMO hasn't shown a desire to promote youth. Pollock for example comes in after the Brora debacle and after fans had been screaming about the lack of youth all season. I.e I think Neilsons inclusion of youth is reactionary to the outrage of the fanbase not that it is his natural inclination as a coach. 

My point around Moore isn't specifically geared towards Moore, its just a good example of Neilson rejecting youth in lieu of bringing in unsellable journeymen which has been a consistent issue in Budges tenure - Not signing young hungry players, instead going for 28 year olds because of some misplaced idea of them 'not letting you down'.  The difference between Moore and for example Elliot Frear is that Moore could improve. Morrison for example is an obvious example of that. If we centre on signing players who have already reached their potential then that is deeply worrying because players at their peak at Hearts, generally aren't very good due to the price bracket we operate in. 

I think the whole ethos of the football 'department' needs to be centred around the academy. The number of missteps by those who are supposed to know football in relation to the academy is almost laughable if it wasn't so depressing. We have our academy lads learning box soccer and how to pass the ball about, then they get to first team level and watch the ball being shelled forward from GK/CB for 90 minutes. Our first team should play similarly to the academy, it might not immediately bear fruit, and might need tweaking to meet that sweetspot of good footballing education and the practical side of winning, but nonetheless I think its something that should be thought about. Either our academy is a disaster or our first team methods are incompatible with whats being taught at academy level. 

I do not believe Neilson is inclined to give youth a chance, and I also believe if Neilson decides your face doesn't fit thats you. The Montrose manager was in the papers signing Cochranes praises, so us only looking to protect our development fee is a bit sad to see tbh. From the interview Cochrane gave with Martin Bartley before the season started it sounded like he was doing everything right to put himself in and around the first team. Stendel would have given him some game time had the season not been curtailed too I reckon. Then there is McDonald being turfed out too who was by all accounts very highly rated by the coaching staff a couple of seasons ago. 

I get that and its more eloquently put than previous. We shall agree to disagree on a lot of the points though as my opinion is different. Ie Finlay came in for the last few games after all was done and dusted to equate that to Brora or fan unrest is a massive stretch. We aint going to get close to the same page when the lines are as loose as that so lets call it. Enjoy your night 👍🏻

Bongo 1874
12 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Scott Brown was a better player than Brellier.....by a mile.

Its funny how Brellier is getting a pat on the back for sorting out a young Scott Brown but the same Scott Brown is getting grief for sorting out Cochrane.

Brellier was a journeyman who’s career was nothing much before us and even less after us.

First of all was brown 16year old, secondly did Breiller put him out the game for any length of time?. 

3rd brown was a far better player than Breiller, in what sense when brown had the chance to show how great he was , he done the same as his second name in his pants,

Why because as a player he knew he was limited, hence any time he played in Europe, with celtic or with Scotland he was given the run around. 

Brown was a better player than Breiller 😂😂 give it a rest fowler. 

You holding brown in high regards 😂😂 because he won league titles win no team to challenge them, on an unlimited budget 😂

And when the only team that did present a challenge showed up, what happened, again him and his celtic teammates browned the pants. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

A_A wehatethehibs
22 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cochrane is a player we failed, whether we like it or not, and has far more ability than brown could ever dream of, the Scott brown that was young and dynamic died when he left Hibs, and was turned into a right midfielder before going back to centre midfield, and even in his young years, Hartley and Le Juge owned his ass. 

Breiller a proper hard man that could play football, smashing that lego headed ****. 

From reading the article looks more l like actually, basically he had made up his own mind that he wasn’t good enough for Hearts. He gave up. 

Played his last Scottish Premiership game now in my opinion. Graeme Weir / Gary Glen tier. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

We'll find out very soon. For a management team supposedly reluctant to play kids, we're certainly making a lot of noise this summer about the need to play more youngsters and fast-track them into the first team after a "lost year" for some of them.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

From reading the article looks more l like actually, basically he had made up his own mind that he wasn’t good enough for Hearts. He gave up. 

Played his last Scottish Premiership game now in my opinion. Graeme Weir / Gary Glen tier. 

I honesty think the Brown incident knocked the stuffing out of him in more ways than one. He looked a different personality on the pitch for us after that.

Bongo 1874
6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If you are scoring goals at the age of 16 against celtic, and setting them up against Hibs. 

How much more does he need to stick out that he's good enough to play?, 😂 🤔 some people are worse than Ian paisley on here, they will defend the club to the last man 😂😂

Its crazy absolutely crazy and this is why no-one takes accountability, because people like you pander to the masses aww it's not the club’s fault it's the players 🤔 do me a favour. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If you are scoring goals at the age of 16 against celtic, and setting them up against Hibs. 

How much more does he need to stick out that he's good enough to play?, 😂 🤔 some people are worse than Ian paisley on here, they will defend the club to the last man 😂😂

Its crazy absolutely crazy and this is why no-one takes accountability, because people like you pander to the masses aww it's not the club’s fault it's the players 🤔 do me a favour. 

Weir and Gary Glen both done that?

Face it Cochrane bottled it. Couldn’t cope with the pressure 

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You're betting a lot here on Cochrane making it with another club. True quality will always shine through so we'll find out with Cochrane. Football is littered with players who looked like world-beaters at 16 or 17 and great things were predicted for them, but they never lived up to that initial hype. Sometimes wonder if getting hyped up too early affects some players negatively.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Weir and Gary Glen both done that?

Face it Cochrane bottled it. Couldn’t cope with the pressure 

Gary Glen was an unused sub at 16 😂 he wasn't scoring goals against celtic 😂😂

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Cochrane same class as Glen bud. watch the non-career unfold 

Bongo 1874
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You're betting a lot here on Cochrane making it with another club. True quality will always shine through so we'll find out with Cochrane. Football is littered with players who looked like world-beaters at 16 or 17 and great things were predicted for them.

No I'm not betting anything, what I'm pointing out is you don't turn a bad player overnight 😂, but people will continue to make excuse after excuse for the club, if I'm so wrong then why did levein say he wants the first team to have 5-6 youth players in it. 

He wasn't wrong he could see they had ability we could all see it, it was the coaching they received that failed them, the coaches and people in place couldn't take them to the next level, didn't know how too. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Goals?

You say it like he was hitting hat-tricks every time we played them.  🤷🏿‍♂️

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Goals?

You say it like he was hitting hat-tricks every time we played them.  🤷🏿‍♂️

Remind me what you were doing at 16 year old, the fact you talk it down shows me how much a hearts fan you are, 16 year old you had just started the baiting at that age and Cochrane was doing what you could only dream of. 

How many games were they unbeaten and a 16 year old came on the scene and fecking showed them, shove you're invincibility up you're arse young Harry said. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

A_A wehatethehibs

No I'm not betting anything, what I'm pointing out is you don't turn a bad player overnight 😂, but people will continue to make excuse after excuse for the club, if I'm so wrong then why did levein say he wants the first team to have 5-6 youth players in it. 

He wasn't wrong he could see they had ability we could all see it, it was the coaching they received that failed them, the coaches and people in place couldn't take them to the next level, didn't know how too. 

Sounds like the sort of thing a Hibs troll would say tbh. Coincidence you disappeared from kickback after the Hibs cup final Loss? I think not. And now you come crawling back, to troll again. Pathetic. You are pro Hibs in the way you try to sow dissent against the club. Disgusting anti Hearts man.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Remind me what you were doing at 16 year old, the fact you talk it down shows me how much a hearts fan you are, 16 year old you had just started the baiting at that age and Cochrane was doing what you could only dream of. 

How many games were they unbeaten and a 16 year old came on the scene and fecking showed them, shove you're invincibility up you're arse young Harry said. 

You need a holiday, Bong.  Another one.

Once again, you are starting to slaver and trip over your words.

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Sounds like the sort of thing a Hibs troll would say tbh. Coincidence you disappeared from kickback after the Hibs cup final Loss? I think not. And now you come crawling back, to troll again. Pathetic. You are pro Hibs in the way you try to sow dissent against the club. Disgusting anti Hearts man.

He doesn’t even do it with discretion or etiquette.

Bongo 1874
5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Please pick out what I said wrong about that?. 

Bongo 1874
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You need a holiday, Bong.  Another one.

Once again, you are starting to slaver and trip over your words.

Yeah because what I said, isn't fact i just make it up don't I 🤔

Edited by Bongo 1874

17 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Cochrane same class as Glen bud. watch the non-career unfold 

Never released anyone that's gone on to bigger things 

Yeah because what I said, isn't fact i just make it up don't I 🤔

You said it, Bong.  👍