Craig Levein joins Brechin

Selkirkhmfc1874

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, pointon said:

What Christophe 😁

As much as I liked McPherson…Levein was a far more accomplished player with a career blighted by injury.  

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pointon

• martoon

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Just a mileage allowance. Should be enough to keep a family of four 😂

Fife to Angus. 🥺

Fort Vallance

Big mates with Mackie apparently.  Ray McKinnon coming in as manager is the latest rumour.  

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I thought thy was your banter- slagging Hearts players for not winning trophies 

:lol:

You started bevvying early?

Not once slagged any Hearts player for not winning a trophy. As i've said numerous times you would have to have seen him as a player for Hearts to have any respect for him.

I have slagged Levein for not winning anything in the game.

It is clearly something he struggles at and Brechin may or may not just be his level but if I was one of his close friends or family I'd certainly be advising giving it up permanently.

26 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm fairly sure that Levein didn't maliciously or intentionally put us in the shit. However, for whatever reasons, he simply wasn't up to the job the last time around. I'll remember him fondly as a player and for his first managerial stint. I can appreciate why others dislike him so much, but there's certainly no hatred or dislike from me now, I'm just glad that he's moved on.

My thoughts exactly. Seems like there are a few on here genuinely enjoying ripping him to bits. It’s like a pile on ffs. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Found his level with The mighty Brechin city 

Hahahahaha surely not, the all seeing all knowing football

guru hahahahaha. 

ford donald
2 hours ago, Barack said:

Wouldn't loan Cowdenbeath a player for voting against Hearts. But will go and work for a club that did, and is actively trying to screw over the Lower& Highland League teams, with SPFL/SFA help...? 

Irony 101.

He will take them for every penny.

Rocky jamboa

The "Only Hearts" mantra lasted long! 🤣🤣 

Going to one of the clubs who shafted us the most. 🤮

Glamorgan Jambo

Actually reading the sequence of events at Brechin it seems that the cabal that ran the club and were responsible for much of the recent controversies have all been launched from the boardroom so in all fairness they deserve a clean slate with regard to past events. They’ve stopped the campaign to play in the Lowland League and now have accepted their position.

As far as Levein is concerned best of luck to him. I remember him taking the Raith job for a spell after being sacked by Leicester. Presumably his hope will be that if he makes an impact at Brechin he’ll be back in contention for DOF type roles in the future.

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Thankfully.

It still amazes me the reception he gets in here, not necessarily from yourself Dave. Had a few good years as a player but his selfish I know best demeanour almost single handedly ruined the club which we the fans did so well to get back up and running. 

You could say the same about Vladimir Romanov. 

(I'm glad Craig Levein is gone BTW)

My word, the reaction to this.  I always found that the people who love to stick the boot in to someone's failure are the ones that never achieved, or even tried, anything.  

Clearly no club in the professional leagues would touch him.  His DoF and Manager performance with us, has demonstrated his utter incompetence.

Hopefully that's him off the radio now. 

Randy Marsh

Good to see the odious loser has found his level.   Hopefully we won't hear him on BBC Sportsound slavering pish and engaging in stinking bantz with Chick Young anymore. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

You could but Vlad won two cups and brought us some wonderful players, Levein did not. 

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, 151 said:

I honestly struggle to think of anyone in football I dislike more. 

A horrible, horrible man.

Those who seen him as a player must be holding on to some nostalgia which sees him by at Hearts. Wish he had nothing to do with us.

I wouldn't go that far.  I only met him once and he seemed like a reasonable guy.

But his tenure at HMFC was a disaster that set us back for years, due to him wasting millions on duds.

1 hour ago, Mr Sifter said:

My thoughts exactly. Seems like there are a few on here genuinely enjoying ripping him to bits. It’s like a pile on ffs. 

This

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You could but Vlad won two cups and brought us some wonderful players, Levein did not. 

Vlad nearly killed us too and after he got bored of us as his plaything he just didnt give a ****....

42 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Levein did nothing as damaging as Vlad and unlike Vlad he didnt just get bored and decide he wanted his ball back and left us to fail. Say what you like about Craig , his stubborness , pigheadedness and where we ended up but it was all done with the best intentions. Hes also a good bloke away from the game

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Vlad nearly killed us too and after he got bored of us as his plaything he just didnt give a ****....

Indeed, who knows what would’ve happened if his business hasn’t went bust.
At least he provided some sort of entertainment and memorable moments. 
Levein being enabled by Budge or a nice guy doesn’t hide the fact he cost us millions with nothing to show for it, and still won’t accept any of the blame. 
Found his level. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, who knows what would’ve happened if his business hasn’t went bust.
At least he provided some sort of entertainment and memorable moments. 

I think we would have ended up in just as bad a way or alive but only just. Speculation though. All thats fact is he couldn’t be bothered with us after he got bored and we’d been poor for a few seasons. Be that him or the Scottish media is up for debate but still. 

Edited by sadj

RustyRightPeg
49 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

This is my thoughts, we achieved nothing but a slide down the table and glorious failure under CL

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, sadj said:

I think we would have ended up in just as bad a way or alive but only just. Speculation though. All thats fact is he couldn’t be bothered with us after he got bored and we’d been poor for a few seasons. Be that him or the Scottish media is up for debate but still. 

Who knows why he was bored but he brought in Sergio not long before we went into administration, 18 months I think. 
When his business went tits up he had bigger problems. 
At least he had the ambition to take on the uglies and the weegia, the people since not so much. 

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Hope they go bust 

The will when he’s signed all his “project” signings and they fail miserably!

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

My word, the reaction to this.  I always found that the people who love to stick the boot in to someone's failure are the ones that never achieved, or even tried, anything.  

I always thought he was not the same after his health scare. Not saying that was the sole reason. He’s always been a stubborn guy. Some comments are well over the top though. Like many others, had the pleasure of watching his entire playing days with us. A joy to watch at times. That can never be erased.

A_A wehatethehibs
29 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

The will when he’s signed all his “project” signings and they fail miserably!

El Hass and Kenny Anderson are in the building 

Francis Albert

1 hour ago, sadj said:

Levein did nothing as damaging as Vlad and unlike Vlad he didnt just get bored and decide he wanted his ball back and left us to fail. Say what you like about Craig , his stubborness , pigheadedness and where we ended up but it was all done with the best intentions. Hes also a good bloke away from the game

Did Vlad just get bored? He kept ploughing in money until his other businesses began to fall apart to near the point he had to flee to Russia.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Except  Romanov gave us 

Did Vlad just get bored? He kept ploughing in money until his other businesses began to fall apart to near the point he had to flee to Russia.

Opinions FA , i’d say he had before his businesses went arse over tit , everything was cheap cheap not spend huge amounts. 

Francis Albert
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

Opinions FA , i’d say he had before his businesses went arse over tit , everything was cheap cheap not spend huge amounts. 

Yes opinions I suppose. But it is a fact that Vlad ploughed more money into Hearts than anyone ever has. Of course a lot of it was wasted and much of it not his money. But he could have chosen to waste it elsewhere rather than give us pretty much the best times I have had in nearly 60 years as a fan.

Shallow move by that Muppet joining them - brass neck idiot still doesn't seem to realise it was his fault we were demoted

There will be football agents all over Europe rubbing their hands at the though of potentially unloading their dross on to an unsuspecting club.

They'll be disappointed it's only Bechin.  Still, I'm sure Levein will accommodate one or two "projects".

eyesandears

Remember that boy Spoletto that used to be on here only to defend everything Levein was doing at the club 🤣 He'll no doubt pop up on Brechin fan forums now spouting pish backing the imposter.

been here before

Been a while since we had a thread for folk to out rage each other.

Im TOTALLY ragun.

OFF THE SCALE.

****ing **** Brechin. **** ****in Craig Levein. **** every *****. **** every other ****er. Ragin.

Edited by been here before

WoolfordsHearts
10 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im TOTALLY ragun.

OFF THE SCALE.

****ing **** Brechin. **** ****in Craig Levein. **** every *****. **** every other ****er. Ragin.

WHY ARE YOU SO ****INGGGG RAGING ABOUT NOT BEING RAGING??????

Don't reply BTW.

😀

Savage Vince
6 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Ah well. Leveins dead as far as I'm concerned. 

That's not a clever post. 

31 minutes ago, been here before said:

Im TOTALLY ragun.

OFF THE SCALE.

17 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

WHY ARE YOU SO ****INGGGG RAGING ABOUT NOT BEING RAGING??????

Don't reply BTW.

😀

Jkb summed up in two posts

Not really bothered what he gets up to now in football. Lost respect for him along time ago, I would love for him to come out and apologise for the way he mis managed our club over the last 5 years , he is one of the root causes that lead to our current predicament 

Guest ToqueJambo

Loves the game enough to work unpaid and isn't proud enough to start at the bottom at anytime in his career. Has done it 3 times now - Cowdenbeath, Raith and now Brechin. Whatever anyone thinks of him now, you have to respect his love for football and the fact he's always up for a challenge.

Advisor pretty much means he will take the plaudits if things go well and offload the criticism if things go badly.

Doubt its a move to revive a career as such, sounds more like he's just helping a pal. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, 151 said:

:lol:

You started bevvying early?

Not once slagged any Hearts player for not winning a trophy. As i've said numerous times you would have to have seen him as a player for Hearts to have any respect for him.

I have slagged Levein for not winning anything in the game.

It is clearly something he struggles at and Brechin may or may not just be his level but if I was one of his close friends or family I'd certainly be advising giving it up permanently.

Why would anyone who knows Levein's career slag him for not winning medals? We all know why he won nothing. Nevermind 86 and his near misses in cup finals for us and D Utd as a manager. He was literally on the cusp of a move to a very big team a couple of times when he got injured. He would have a cabinet of medals without that happening. Nothing at all to do with "struggling" FFS. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Advisor pretty much means he will take the plaudits if things go well and offload the criticism if things go badly.

Doubt its a move to revive a career as such, sounds more like he's just helping a pal. 

It's the kind of job JJ has done for a couple of teams, including us.