Craig Levein joins Brechin

Selkirkhmfc1874

Hearts had better have no dealings with Brechin City. No friendly games, no loaned players, nothing at all. If Levein gets on the phone wanting anything our new CEO, Joe Savage, Neilson etc have to be told in no certain words The Answer Has To be Sorry We Can’t Help, Bye.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pointon

• martoon

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

When he sold his house a few months back I asked where he was moving to and his reply was ‘up north’ so maybe living up that way as can’t see any way he’d take on that role unpaid.

Rumour had it he was linked with a role back at Dundee Utd 

Tasavallan

I have to disagree.  I wish Craig all the best.  Never won anything in all his career, mind.

😂 Maybe he wowed them with a 5 year plan. Few edits on the original PowerPoint and jobs a good 'un. 

Hope to see Brechin get pumped every week in the Highland league. 

Dave McPherson,Alan McLaren ,David Weir and Steven Pressley done more for our club 

than this chancer ever did

9 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I have to disagree.  I wish Craig all the best.  Never won anything in all his career, mind.

Other than 16 caps for his country, which would have probably been about 66 if not for injury 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Other than 16 caps for his country, which would have probably been about 66 if not for injury 

That old chestnut no guarantee he would have got more due to injury modern day John Kennedy 

Just now, pointon said:

That old chestnut no guarantee he would have got more due to injury modern day John Kennedy 

Without the injuries my guess he would have been one of the few, if not only one, to both captain and manage Scotland. Cant remember if Strachan ever captained Scotland. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Without the injuries my guess he would have been one of the few, if not only one, to both captain and manage Scotland. Cant remember if Strachan ever captained Scotland. 

He showed a high level pre injury brink of a big move as did Stevie Frail but that brings no guarantees my memory of the time wAs when they played together McPherson was the better player but that’s just my opinion 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

McLeish? 

I honestly struggle to think of anyone in football I dislike more. 

A horrible, horrible man.

Those who seen him as a player must be holding on to some nostalgia which sees him by at Hearts. Wish he had nothing to do with us.

18 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

It does take a special talent to be that much of a loser. 

Can you imagine dedicating the majority of your life to a sport and not winning anything, literally **** all :lol:

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He did in qualification for the Euros in 92’

1 minute ago, 151 said:

Those who seen him as a player must be holding on to some nostalgia which sees him by at Hearts. Wish he had nothing to do with us.

Parasite the best way to describe him

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

He showed a high level pre injury brink of a big move as did Stevie Frail but that brings no guarantees my memory of the time wAs when they played together McPherson was the better player but that’s just my opinion 

:berra:

Just now, 151 said:

Can you imagine dedicating the majority of your life to a sport and not winning anything, literally **** all :lol:

That nearly happened to the best player I’ve ever seen in a maroon jersey...John Robertson.

Serious question.  What does a full time advisor actually do? Wouldn't you run out of advice after a fortnight?

If Hearts asked me to be an advisor, I would expect to be in the role for no more than 1 day every couple of months.

Bazzas right boot

At least this is a proper reason for folk not to like him. 

What's he going to advise them to do?.... 

Get promoted? 

Job done 👍

1 minute ago, pointon said:

Parasite the best way to describe him

Like my kids mum, blags her way through life, handed on a plate and it's everyone else' fault. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Serious question.  What does a full time advisor actually do? Wouldn't you run out of advice after a fortnight?

If Hearts asked me to be an advisor, I would expect to be in the role for no more than 1 day every couple of months.

Beaten to it. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Get promoted? 

Job done 👍

Get promoted? 

Job done 👍

I don’t like him because of the state he has left our club

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

Like my kids mum, blags her way through life, handed on a plate and it's everyone else' fault. 

👍

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, 151 said:

Not a great slagging considering most of his sporting life..... was with Hearts. 

Slagging any Hearts player for not winning things with us is a dick move. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, pointon said:

I don’t like him because of the state he has left our club

Fair enough. 

Bit personal tho, I'm sure every manager from McLean to Stendel tried thier best, but fair enough. 

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

Yes, but there is some advice that isn't general, that's dependent on what's happening at the time and for which an advisor may be required. Like if there are roadworks on the A9, what alternative routes are there to Brora?

Ex member of the SaS

Going to a club that voted us down yet some on here claim he's a PHM. Yea right, the slimey toad only thinks of himself.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough. 

Bit personal tho, I'm sure every manager from McLean to Stendel tried thier best, but fair enough. 

Not personal but he more than the others new what our club was about that is the biggest disappointment 

Ex member of the SaS
11 minutes ago, 151 said:

Along with Doncaster they are so close it's hard to choose between them.

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough. 

He knew what our club was all about but abused it with shit players for his possible gain 

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not a great slagging considering most of his sporting life..... was with Hearts. 

Slagging any Hearts player for not winning things with us is a dick move. 

Couldn't give a **** if he won stuff with other clubs :lol:

I want Hearts to win things. 

Strange post. 

Ps. He also managed other clubs 👍

I'm fairly sure that Levein didn't maliciously or intentionally put us in the shit. However, for whatever reasons, he simply wasn't up to the job the last time around. I'll remember him fondly as a player and for his first managerial stint. I can appreciate why others dislike him so much, but there's certainly no hatred or dislike from me now, I'm just glad that he's moved on.

15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Get promoted? 

Job done 👍

Recruit a squad happy to play in the Highland League 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Recruit a squad happy to play in the Highland League 

Aye, you could be a football advisor for any Highland league team with that wisdom 👍

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm fairly sure that Levein didn't maliciously or intentionally put us in the shit. However, for whatever reasons, he simply wasn't up to the job the last time around. I'll remember him fondly as a player and for his first managerial stint. I can appreciate why others dislike him so much, but there's certainly no hatred or dislike from me now, I'm just glad that he's moved on.

Done a Jack Ross first time around as manager too. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, 151 said:

Couldn't give a **** if he won stuff with other clubs :lol:

I want Hearts to win things. 

Strange post. 

Ps. He also managed other clubs 👍

Aye, loser Levein, medals Mackay etc. 

Great banter fae "Hearts" fans. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, pointon said:

He knew what our club was all about but abused it with shit players for his possible gain 

That makes no sense. 

Surely recruiting shite players would be  detrimental to any gains he was trying to make. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, loser Levein, medals Mackay etc. 

Great banter fae "Hearts" fans. 

Never used the second phrase don't even know what it is reference too.

However, Levein is a one of a kind loser.

thewiseone

To those posting about it not being a paid position, I'm not worried about him and his balance, after all there must have been some reason behind his relentless wheeling and dealing ,subjecting us to some of the most baffling signings I've witnessed in over 50years. When things don't add up in a football sense then looking beneath the lines we are fed, soundbites and  smoke screens  you usually discover not all is as it seems in the finance department.

Hope they've extended the changing facilities at Glebe, they're gonna need them.

That makes no sense. 

Surely recruiting shite players would be  detrimental to any gains he was trying to make. 🤷‍♂️

Come on what I have referred to to is not about performance or quality of player 

Craig Levein suffered from believing his own hype and not knowing when to throw in the towel, but probably was swayed given his own support of and affiliation to the club.

Yes, he should have stepped down long before he did, but if I was the manager of Hearts, I'd be reluctant to give up the position as well, and would definitely "outstay my welcome" if thinks were looking bleak, not because I thought I could turn it around, but because I wanted to turn it around.

That being said, he seems to be a hard person to work with, and a lot of the backward steps we took were likely down to how he interacted with players.  Look at the Vanecek saga, we were on the verge of paying money to get him early, he's here a week (and by no means looked as shite as he was made out to be), fell out with Levein and that was the end of it.  He seemed to have an "in crowd", with the likes of Berra, that have been causing us problems long after he was no longer the manager.

For everyone quick to cast him out and call him a snake, a *******, a whatever, for what happened in the last year or two of his time with us, should remember that there is a lot of "Levein History" that comes long before that, where he was a top player, and gave his all for the club - but anonymous social media make it very easy for people to shout loud and stupid, and reach a large audience with an agenda.  His history with the club needs to include all of it, and not just the disastrous bit at the end.

If he wants to go and do a job with Brechin City, that's up to him.  I can't imagine there are a lot of clubs out there actively thinking he's the answer to whatever managerial problems they're having, and none of us in the same position would be turning down jobs if we were out of work.

Good luck to him, whatever he does there will have absolutely **** all impact on Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

Edited by tian447

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, 151 said:

Never used the second phrase don't even know what it is reference too.

However, Levein is a one of a kind loser.

I thought thy was your banter- slagging Hearts players for not winning trophies 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, pointon said:

Come on what I have referred to to is not about performance or quality of player 

No idea what you're on about then. 

Anyway, this is one job I hope fails in. 

😁

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Unpaid post so money clearly not the issue. 

Just a mileage allowance. Should be enough to keep a family of four 😂