Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta

Forever Hearts

Auldbenches
28 minutes ago, westbow said:

Same game Johnston went after Billy McNeil when Provan got him sent off.

That was ****ing scandalous that day.  I'm sure we were still in the 1st division and they had to cheat.  

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

• Last Laff

• Unknown user

Lafferty and Nicholson Can GTF time to move forward there has been a few players who have been successful with us second time around but this pair are not of the same caliber 

11 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

How about Derek Riordan then, would you have been happy if we'd signed him? 

No. But that's nothing to do with his ability and more to do with his racism of Rudi Skacel. 

Clark Griswold
13 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I wouldn't have said if I thought it was wrong. 

I remember there was a debate on here around the time he went back to hibs, and some wouldnt have minded. Not me personally though. I didn't disagree with your point in general, just thought it was weird you singled out McGeady.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, kila said:

Not that fussed to be honest, he'll be 34 come the new season... plus having him and Halliday constantly kissing Rangers' arse would be irritating.

Focus on younger players please.

This. Our squad is far too old and we already have a 34 year old international backup striker.

4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I shake ma heid at folk that say they wouldn't sign Lafferty because of his Rangers connection. It's never bothered Hearts fans in the past, same as it's never bothered us if signing Celtic players. Alex McDonald, Sandy Jardine, Willie Johnston, Dave McPherson, Derek Ferguson, numerous others. Then there's Roddy McDonald, Brian Whittaker, John Colquhoun, Mark Burchill, Stephane Mahe and others on the other side. Then there's the occasional "both-er", Maurice Johnston. As far as i'm concerned, as long as they give their all in a Hearts top then that's all you can ask for. 

And Beattie. Helps if you score against your old team.

Hectormasson
15 minutes ago, westbow said:

1-1 with Jimmy Bone lobbing the keeper? Can remember that but couldn't tell you if I washed my face in the shower this morning.

I'm fibbing it was August 84 m8 when whittaker was sent off, sure it was 1 0 for them , and wee colquhoun was giving him a roasting down the wing, ie red card .....

17 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

I wouldn't have said if I thought it was wrong. 

At the top of his game before the Rudi stuff? Yes, after that, a bit hypothetical as he was keek.

5 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

I remember there was a debate on here around the time he went back to hibs, and some wouldnt have minded. Not me personally though. I didn't disagree with your point in general, just thought it was weird you singled out McGeady.

Scotland Traitor.

3 minutes ago, westbow said:

And Beattie. Helps if you score against your old team.

True. He was here what.....three months!? Treated as a (minor) legend with his help in getting us the to the Final to smash Hibs.

Lafferty also scored a cracking free kick at Murrayfield against Rangers. Like i say, don't care about their previous clubs as long as they do the business on the field for Hearts. That's all the fans look for.

Clark Griswold
Just now, jambonian said:

True. He was here what.....three months!? Treated as a (minor) legend with his help in getting us the to the Final to smash Hibs.

Lafferty also scored a cracking free kick at Murrayfield against Rangers. Like i say, don't care about their previous clubs as long as they do the business on the field for Hearts. That's all the fans look for.

Correct

12 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

Mcgeady was the first ex Celtic player I could think of who was always boo'd at tynecastle. 

Maybe a bad example from me. 

Like 99%, I liked The Duke when he was here. 

I’d rather keep moving on away from the recent years though.  He was one of very few successes in a turbulent period.   

Everything needs to go up a few notches at Tynie and scouting is one of them.  

Edited by Debut 4

18 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Hate it when they don't celebrate though, when did that become a thing? I get Denis Law when he relegated Man Utd, but not celebrating is more disrespectful to your own club surely.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

I’d rather keep moving on away from the recent years though.  He was one of very few successes in a turbulent period.   

The trick is to forget his previous time at Hearts and look only at the present day, 10 goals in 11 games for Kilmarnock. That’s form. Almost helped keep them up when it really looked a lost cause. Free transfer. For the first season back I reckon it’d be worth rolling the dice on a man in form at that level, knows the defenders knows the away grounds, he’s fully fit and looks in good shape. Forget the past, just think what that type of form could bring us if he could have that type of hit rate next season, alongside the existing firepower we’ve got. 

43 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I shake ma heid at folk that say they wouldn't sign Lafferty because of his Rangers baggage. It's never bothered Hearts fans in the past, same as it's never bothered us if signing Celtic players. Alex McDonald, Sandy Jardine, Willie Johnston, Dave McPherson, Derek Ferguson, numerous others. Then there's Roddy McDonald, Brian Whittaker, John Colquhoun, Mark Burchill, Stephane Mahe and others on the other side. Then there's the occasional "both-er", Maurice Johnston. As far as i'm concerned, as long as they give their all in a Hearts top then that's all you can ask for. 

**** id forgotten about Burchill 😆

47 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The trick is to forget his previous time at Hearts and look only at the present day, 10 goals in 11 games for Kilmarnock. That’s form. Almost helped keep them up when it really looked a lost cause. Free transfer. For the first season back I reckon it’d be worth rolling the dice on a man in form at that level, knows the defenders knows the away grounds, he’s fully fit and looks in good shape. Forget the past, just think what that type of form could bring us if he could have that type of hit rate next season, alongside the existing firepower we’ve got. 

When you put it that way, it sounds good, I’ll admit.  Big thing for me is getting the mentality right, midfield and getting our wingers to be as effective as possible.  

Then, you’ve got a player like Lafferty hanging around the box.  Sounds great in theory, and IMO, it’s as simple as that.  I want a different approach to Hearts.  Players with the blood boilin, primed to give their best and  playing in a “go for the jugular” bred side.  Again, in the ballpark with that. I’m not saying gung ho

That’s what guys like GMS, Ginnelly and McEneff will want next season. Boyce too.  The latter needs to do less work outside the box, that means other positions functioning properly. 

Edited by Debut 4

Maple Leaf
57 minutes ago, westbow said:

Hate it when they don't celebrate though, when did that become a thing? I get Denis Law when he relegated Man Utd, but not celebrating is more disrespectful to your own club surely.

Some of the player celebrations are over the top, bordering on absurd.

I remember when the players just shook hands after a goal; all the daft celebrations were in the stands.

1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

Some of the player celebrations are over the top, bordering on absurd.

I remember when the players just shook hands after a goal; all the daft celebrations were in the stands.

Craig Beattie's against Celtic - that was fun.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

I shake ma heid at folk that say they wouldn't sign Lafferty because of his Rangers baggage. It's never bothered Hearts fans in the past, same as it's never bothered us if signing Celtic players. Alex McDonald, Sandy Jardine, Willie Johnston, Dave McPherson, Derek Ferguson, numerous others. Then there's Roddy McDonald, Brian Whittaker, John Colquhoun, Mark Burchill, Stephane Mahe and others on the other side. Then there's the occasional "both-er", Maurice Johnston. As far as i'm concerned, as long as they give their all in a Hearts top then that's all you can ask for. 

Exactly.  Anyway, in a recent interview with I think Suso, he claimed that most of Hearts players are di hard Hun supporters. 

Maple Leaf
11 minutes ago, westbow said:

Craig Beattie's against Celtic - that was fun.

Unforgettable!  Let's all do the Beattie!!!  :HeartsMandance:

leith_dude

No to Lafferty. 

Getting on in years, his attitude isn't always good, and I don't ever want to hear that stupid flute song again.

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Is it? Is that not what they employed him for?

Next season Kilmarnock will be playing in the championship.

Heart of Midlothian will be playing in the SPL. Both of those are facts.

Kyle Lafferty will be playing somewhere. I personally hope it is not in a Heart of Midlothian football shirt. He had his time here, opted to leave for Sevco. The first part of my last statement is my opinion. The latter part is fact.

And if you put Messi into Kilmarnock would they have stayed up? Would their rubbish midfielders suddenly become brilliant and create lots of chances for him? Your argument was ridiculous. 

John Findlay
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

And if you put Messi into Kilmarnock would they have stayed up? Would their rubbish midfielders suddenly become brilliant and create lots of chances for him? Your argument was ridiculous. 

It was fact though, he failed.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

The mini huns on Kickback would welcome him back.

12 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Lafferty’s best attribute is he doesnt do team well but is great at making n scoring chances for himself... id say its your argument that isnt on point.... 

10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The mini huns on Kickback would welcome him back.

🤣 Same ones would prob say **** no to Scott Brown but only because hes too old likesay

4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Nookie Bear man. Still masquerading as a Hearts fan I see and still getting it so badly wrong ;)

:rofl:  You’re kidding, yes?  Please say you are.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not sure if your last sentence is tongue in cheek but IMO the word BEAR gives it away.

You too?

:vrface:

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Lafferty’s best attribute is he doesnt do team well but is great at making n scoring chances for himself... id say its your argument that isnt on point.... 

🤣 Same ones would prob say **** no to Scott Brown but only because hes too old likesay

Exactly.

Shooter McGavin

Scored something like 12 goals out of 13 games for Killie there.

Aye why would we want anything to do with that......

coatbridgejambo
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hearts fans are ****ing weird. Want a player, who was our highest goal scorer in 20 years, to sign for and strengthen your rivals . Just to piss off your fellow hearts fans. 

absolute bizarre attitude 

Sometimes the mind boggles.

Class of 75
3 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Correct , there's goals in the guy even off the bench, him and boycey, along with gms.....

Some strike force that would be. 

Class of 75
9 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Sometimes the mind boggles.

I'm still trying to work that out. 

Fort Vallance

Take him back in a minute. Not expecting 90 minutes every week but that would be reflected in the wage.

Class of 75
33 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I know, scored 19 goals in a Levein team and 12 goals in a crap Kilmarnock team. Imagine what he would do with proper service.

Class of 75
Just now, Fort Vallance said:

Take him back in a minute. Not expecting 90 minutes every week but that would be reflected in the wage.

No brainer 👍

1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

I know, scored 19 goals in a Levein team and 12 goals in a crap Kilmarnock team. Imagine what he would do with proper service.

You know its when he gets service hes not as effective. Thats not a yes or no argument but its important to be clear about his game. Hes the kinda player that would be useful off the bench when you cant buy a goal. He was very poor v Dundee though 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I'm still trying to work that out. 

It was tongue in cheek 🙈

42 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Problem with this is, he’s like a battery you’ve had in a torch for a while. You know it’s not going to be bright for much longer

Class of 75
14 minutes ago, sadj said:

You know its when he gets service hes not as effective. Thats not a yes or no argument but its important to be clear about his game. Hes the kinda player that would be useful off the bench when you cant buy a goal. He was very poor v Dundee though 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know mate, I was just looking at the positives. I can see the downside but feel that may be outweighed by what he might bring to the side even for a season. Interesting debate. 

Class of 75
16 minutes ago, sadj said:

It was tongue in cheek 🙈

Oh I know. Sorry if I appeared dumb there. 👍

Edited by Class of 75

4 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Oh I know. Sorry if I appeared dumb there. 👍

5 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I know mate, I was just looking at the positives. I can see the downside but feel that may be outweighed by what he might bring to the side even for a season. Interesting debate. 

My fault , sorry , its been going over some peoples head. 

There is positives but as we are trying to play as a team I don’t think he’s the best of ideas. He’s had a good wee period but thats really only a couple in however many years. Those have also been for teams struggling to score and create naturally (aside from the August we were top) 

3 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

The Duke? 😄

Where did that come from?

210518-one-time-use-charles-grodin-midni

King prawn
46 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Worse if his career is anything to go by :lol:

I wouldn’t be disappointed if he came back. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, sadj said:

You talk that much shite that if you told me today was Friday I'd check the calendar.  

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

You talk that much shite that if you told me today was Friday I'd check the calendar.  

Aye mate I know **** all eh!! 🤣 Never met a man more split down the middle blue and maroon than you. I mean at least on this im willing to listen to why he is the ultimate team player and not a good player to preferably have when you are struggling to create or score as a team. You know like we were or like funnily enough Killie were

been here before
15 minutes ago, sadj said:

Aye mate I know **** all eh!! 🤣 Never met a man more split down the middle blue and maroon than you. I mean at least on this im willing to listen to why he is the ultimate team player and not a good player to preferably have when you are struggling to create or score as a team. You know like we were or like funnily enough Killie were

With a thick sash of orange.

Edited by been here before

• davemclaren changed the title to Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta