Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta

Forever Hearts

John Findlay
27 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You missed the bit about the abysmal service he received in both play-off games and that he scored 13 goals in 13 games (yes, some were against diddies similar to, erm, Brora Rangers). 

Did he prevent Kilmarnock from being relegated? Answer, no.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

• Last Laff

• Unknown user

IveSeenTheLight
9 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

'Stand free' not apply to (alleged) racists then?

We do "Stand Free" from all religious bigotry.

36 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Who has carried on like a jilted schoolgirl- that’s some leap.

He’s a good player who did well for us before and has proven himself in the premier league very recently. He’s better than what we have, not surprised that many think we would improve us. 

you are correct that he will sign for his preferred option and it likely won’t be us but still - wanting a good player to sign for a rival to piss off your own support is utterly weird.

I suspect, no I’m 100% sure that some (not all and not accusing you) so called hearts fans don’t want him back becuase of his politics or religion. Those people are bigots, they are no better than rangers fans who didn’t go back when Mo Johnstone signed for rangers - pretty pathetic but not surprising 

Jesus **** some Hearts fans wont want him because of his religion or politics 🤣🤣 Have you read jkb before if anything it would be I want to him to sign for his religion or politics not the other way around. 

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

Do you **** 🤣

IveSeenTheLight
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Sheep fan turns up from nowehere to tell us he is a bigot.

What a life :cornette:

Nookie Bear man. Still masquerading as a Hearts fan I see and still getting it so badly wrong ;)

32 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

5c2tes.jpg

🤣

28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

By Scott brown 😂

Amazing innit jump on a Hearts forum thread about a player and say nahh we wouldnt accept him because we are angels... meanwhile at Pittodrie Scott Brown gets ready for work

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Did he prevent Kilmarnock from being relegated? Answer, no.

What a ridiculous argument. 

Nookie Bear man. Still masquerading as a Hearts fan I see and still getting it so badly wrong ;)

Why would Lafferty not be accepted in Aberdeen. What standard do you have up there that differs from Hearts and Kilmarnock that would play a part in it?

I don't think you understand what that means

Oh I do mate iv lived up here long enough iv been in around the club often enough Iv played against Rangers , Iv been sat in the press box v Celtic I know what Aberdeen fans are like. To say you don’t accept people behaving inappropriately because of  religion or politics is utter horseshit... **** off back to sheepie.com if you are going to try and **** us all off with bullshit like that

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Why would Lafferty not be accepted in Aberdeen. What standard do you have up there that differs from Hearts and Kilmarnock that would play a part in it?

^^ see above 👍🏻 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Other Hearts sites wouldn't tolerate this kind of interloper...

You mean you ya non jambo 🤣🤣

1 minute ago, sadj said:

^^ see above 👍🏻 

I was a bit baffled by the 'not accepted' chat. You've explained it perfectly.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

What a ridiculous argument. 

Is it? Is that not what they employed him for?

Next season Kilmarnock will be playing in the championship.

Heart of Midlothian will be playing in the SPL. Both of those are facts.

Kyle Lafferty will be playing somewhere. I personally hope it is not in a Heart of Midlothian football shirt. He had his time here, opted to leave for Sevco. The first part of my last statement is my opinion. The latter part is fact.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

In fairness, it's the same argument some have used in the past, that Lafferty's goals would've made a difference to us not going down. 

But it's all Levein & Budge's fault, etc. It's a hindsight rhetorical question. Same as John's.

"If only."

Yeah. Life's like that, sadly.

Oi don’t ****ing slate anything Rangers related😒😒😒

36 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

He wouldn't be accepted up here

I usually dinny bother about you coming on, you take a lot of stick, most of the time, not really justified...

But to come on here and try and pretend KL wouldn't be accepted when you have just taken scott bloody brown, you don't have a leg to stand on....dearie me...

Best just take your medicine re this one and shutty up!!!

IveSeenTheLight
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'm sure there are players that you would never want to see in a Hearts top.

Lafferty is that for Aberdeen.

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, GavK1012 said:

I usually dinny bother about you coming on, you take a lot of stick, most of the time, not really justified...

But to come on here and try and pretend KL wouldn't be accepted when you have just taken scott bloody brown, you don't have a leg to stand on....dearie me...

Best just take your medicine re this one and shutty up!!!

For me, there is a world of difference between Scott Brown and Kyle Lafferty.

As I said before, I'm sure there are players you would never want to see wearing a Hearts strip. Kyle Lafferty is that player for most Aberdeen fans.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm sure there are players that you would never want to see in a Hearts top.

Lafferty is that for Aberdeen.

why him in particular?

IveSeenTheLight

why him in particular?

There have been loads of instances in games he's played against Aberdeen.

Probably initiated back to the time when we feigned a headbut to get Mulgrew sent off 

Nookie Bear

There have been loads of instances in games he's played against Aberdeen.

Probably initiated back to the time when we feigned a headbut to get Mulgrew sent off 

So he’s a wind up merchant. That’s it?

Bunch of cry babies

😂

(Now **** off 🙂)

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Barack said:

Because...? Come, come. Explain to us dull Hearts supporters exactly the reason(s)?

Mods will help you out, if it gets a bit spicy.

Don't be shy. You've opened the door. Step through.

Mentioned above, probably started back here

A_A wehatethehibs

Mentioned above, probably started back here

Hahaha 🤣 

IveSeenTheLight

So he’s a wind up merchant. That’s it?

Bunch of cry babies

😂

(Now **** off 🙂)

I get that he may be a Hearts and Hun darling to you Nookie, I just replied to a post suggesting he would be good for Aberdeen saying he'd not be accepted up here.

I popped in as some are suggesting he'll end back up at Tynecastle (personally I don't think he will)

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm not though. Leave that up to you two.👍🏻

"If we signed X, Y or Z, or Stendel was still here..."

Same tune, different instruments. Depending what part of the orchestra you play in.

If ANY ****er says flute...

Toot , toot heres me n my flute , lets sing da sash , i wish i was in Robbo’s!!! Gotta slate both the OF and Hibs and **** the lot of them.

It is tiresome tbf , the LD thread is lunacy too. Thing is people miss that some folk do like Kyle and its not to do with religion or politics its about moving on. 

34 years old now.

Robbie must be thinking about a 4 year contract for him.

So many end up at Tynecastle for their last big payoff, giving nothing back.

23 minutes ago, _maroonplatoon said:

Was at Riccarton yesterday. :smoking:

That makes sense as I seen him on Greggs on Gorgie Road.......

Hectormasson
25 minutes ago, _maroonplatoon said:

Was at Riccarton yesterday. :smoking:

1 year deal,     scarf over the head Monday dinnertime🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

👐👐👐

Anyone know his car/reg? Seen white range rover with k7 LAFF, couple weeks ago on A71 heading towards riccarton/Edinburgh.  

Would take him on year contract,  but no longer.

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Barack said:

We signed Naismith ffs. One of the niggliest, dirtiest, wummers in Scottish football. We went spare when he played against us. Same with Lafferty.

One's Protestant. The other's not. We've signed GMS, who's spent more time diving for GB, than playing against us for you, Dundee United or Celtic.

But you're seriously saying, it's cause he got Mulgrew, the child cooker, a red card? And it's somehow snowballed to you never watching Aberdeen again if he signed?!

:rofl:

:rofl:

I'm very confident we wouldn't sign him so it won't be an issue.

If he did though, I would make my feelings known and stop attending.

If he ended up at Aberdeen, it would be simply to be a wage thief and I'm not supporting that

kingantti1874
21 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You are intolerant of Kyle Lafferty becuase hes a Protestant and a unionist.  That makes ypu a bigot

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, it_hearts said:

Anyone know his car/reg? Seen white range rover with k7 LAFF, couple weeks ago on A71 heading towards riccarton/Edinburgh.  

Would take him on year contract,  but no longer.

this is it, the last piece of the puzzle before the Tesla announcement 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

You are intolerant of Kyle Lafferty becuase hes a Protestant and a unionist.  That makes ypu a bigot

Sorry but that is absolute bollocks and maybe indicates more towards your blinkered thinking.

We welcomed Ross McCrorie in with open arms. I was a McInness supporter till the last 6 months of his tenure (but started having doubts for a season or two before).

I had no problems with other previous Rangers players at Aberdeen.

Lafferty is a different kind of special though

Class of 75
51 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

World of difference between Scott Brown and Kyle Laugherty

Yep Lafferty has ability, Brown doesn't. 

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Barack said:

"STAND FREE." 

Aberdeen don't tolerate racism or bigotry.

I'm sure there are extremes in all clubs supporters.

In general we detest all things Rangers, but that does not stop us welcoming players / managers from the dark side that have seen the light ;)  

Berra than you
6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm very confident we wouldn't sign him so it won't be an issue.

If he did though, I would make my feelings known and stop attending.

If he ended up at Aberdeen, it would be simply to be a wage thief and I'm not supporting that

Tbh he is exactly the type Aberdeen have signed this window. Older experienced pro. Probably got more in the tank than some you have signed.

Auldbenches
27 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Nookie has been getting away with it all this time?  What gave it away? 

33 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

No chance we will sign him. 

Nope. If it was a choice of signing him and getting up to 20 goals next season and potential Europe or being happy in mid-table acceptability then acceptability will win hands down.

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Berra than you said:

Tbh he is exactly the type Aberdeen have signed this window. Older experienced pro. Probably got more in the tank than some you have signed.

That's maybe a fair point.

Still wont accept him being an Aberdeen player. I'd far rather go with the youth players

IveSeenTheLight

It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

I think its more likely to be a Motherwell or a St Mirren type club.

Catch you all later

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Sorry but that is absolute bollocks and maybe indicates more towards your blinkered thinking.

We welcomed Ross McCrorie in with open arms. I was a McInness supporter till the last 6 months of his tenure (but started having doubts for a season or two before).

I had no problems with other previous Rangers players at Aberdeen.

Lafferty is a different kind of special though

disagree, he hasn’t done anything to warrant that view. 

id welcome any player to hearts that would improve us, i couldn’t give a monkeys about their politics or their religion.

the only players I’d reject would be players who had committed a criminal acts 

Class of 75
12 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

1 year deal,     scarf over the head Monday dinnertime🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

👐👐👐

🤞Appreciate he is 34 but better than what we have and would be a threat 

I'd forgotten that Aberdeen fans In general, and I've Seen The Shite in particular regard Rangers as their big rivals, so would end up burning their season tickets outside Pitodrie if someone so closely associated with their 'big' rivals signed. :rofl:

18Jambo_dave74

So the reason Aberdeen wouldn't 'accept' Lafferty is because...he dived against them years ago? Really? Do I need to dig out evidence of Aberdeen players diving? 

Aberdeen clearly accept cheats and wind up merhant's as they've just signed one of the biggest in Scott Brown. World of difference apparently. 

I wonder if Aberdeen fans would "hand back season tickets" if they ever signed a player that, oh I don't know say, was jailed for attacking someone with a baseball bat and caused them to suffer a brain haemorrhage and a fractured skull? Probably a bit worse than someone diving against them I'd say. 

Or would Aberdeen fans "hand back season tickets" if they appointed a coach who was just involved in a drink driving crash that left someone with life changing injuries. Nah doesn't come close to someone feigning a headbutt in a football match years ago. 

What a complete and utter slaver. 

I'm 50/50 on Lafferty.   I take on board all the stats and what he can bring but ultimately I would rather look forward than back.  

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Didnt score the goals to keep Kilmarnock up. Was anonymous in both play off games apart from scoring a penalty when it was to late.

He had his time at Hearts.

Think that was more to do with their defence folding like a pack of cards than Lafferty's efforts to be honest. Their midfield couldn't cope with Adam's passes either (where have i seen this before?). A 35/36 year old that helped Dundee get promoted. Not sure of Lafferty's total but somewhere around 13/14 goals in three months was a decent effort. Hardly his fault that the rest of them couldn't handle it. It isn't a one-man game. 

stevieboobs

I'd quite happily take him back just so I can gaze at his missus when the football's shit.

Well punching above his weight

• davemclaren changed the title to Kyle Lafferty leaves Kilmarnock - joins Anorthosis Famagusta