Booking a pub for England v Scotland

Smoked-Glass

Smoked-Glass

Are people hoping to just turn up to the pub for this or is everyone made bookings?  

What's best. 

JudyJudyJudy

Judging from our experience on sunday when we couldn’t get into any pubs in grass market unless we had booked I’d advise to attempt to book . I looked on “ 3 sisters “ website but they said they were closed . Apparently at Wetherspoons u can’t book ( not that I would anyway ) but I’ll need to see where is good for the Monday game as well as Friday one 

55 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Are people hoping to just turn up to the pub for this or is everyone made bookings?  

What's best. 

As most pubs can probably only get in under half of what they used to you’d better book somewhere but I think your going to be struggling. 

I tried yesterday to book somewhere for the Saturday after the game and everywhere I tried was booked. 

To be honest it’s no much fun trying to get into a pub nowadays if you haven’t booked and last week I gave up and just went home early. 
The quicker pubs get back to normal the better plus they must be losing a fortune as only half full 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, theshed said:

As most pubs can probably only get in under half of what they used to you’d better book somewhere but I think your going to be struggling. 

I tried yesterday to book somewhere for the Saturday after the game and everywhere I tried was booked. 

To be honest it’s no much fun trying to get into a pub nowadays if you haven’t booked and last week I gave up and just went home early. 
The quicker pubs get back to normal the better plus they must be losing a fortune as only half full 

Correct . They are waste of time just now . Dead atmosphere . 

hughesie27

'Out of town' pubs should be your go to. No booking required so long as you get in with hours to spare. None of that social distance nonsense either.

The Real Maroonblood
12 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

What's best. 

Watch the games in the house with a carry out. 

I like going to the pub to watch the football but I'll be watching the Scotland games in the house with a couple beers. 

John Findlay
12 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Friday is the big one 

Especially if we win on the Monday.

Monday is the important one. Win that and we have a great chance of qualifying.

Sooperstar

I would imagine most 'local' pubs are booking free. Certainly my experience so far. These places aren't going to have slots meaning that there regulars can't get in or have to leave after two hours.

Booking only as far as I’m aware. Certainly in the town centre.

Myself and 3 mates have booked Milne’s for the Czech game. We get 3 hours in there.

Ron Burgundy

The Tor will be fine. Not as in a fine pub but fine to do whatever you please with whoever you please.

Found a table at the Black Bull at the Grassmarket outdoors, I'm assuming they will be showing the games out there and not just indoors, anyone know the deal? 

Angry Haggis

Did look at it - the max 6

from three households and max 2 hours makes it a bit of a nightmare. 

Just heading to a mates for it with a few beers. 

Montgomery Brewster

Why isn’t the Gorgie bar open at tynecastle ? 

Even just open for the Scotland games would make a packet 

Bit off the topic here, but are pubs still closing at 10? Heard last night it's been extended to 11, but the person who said it is rather unreliable.

Going to the local soon and don't want to get comfy only for bell to still ring at 10.

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Bit off the topic here, but are pubs still closing at 10? Heard last night it's been extended to 11, but the person who said it is rather unreliable.

Going to the local soon and don't want to get comfy only for bell to still ring at 10.

If your in Edinburgh it’s out by half ten. Level 1 areas get an extra half hour

the general
18 hours ago, Sow Easy said:

Found a table at the Black Bull at the Grassmarket outdoors, I'm assuming they will be showing the games out there and not just indoors, anyone know the deal? 

Would very much doubt it

I don't think any of the pubs there have screens outside

4 hours ago, the general said:

Would very much doubt it

I don't think any of the pubs there have screens outside

Yeah I was thinking when I booked it they had a bit out the back like the Beehive but realise it'll just be the seats out the front. Oh well, that'll be getting cancelled. 

Shanks said no

Booked a table at the Mad Hatter on Torphichen Place, they will welcome your custome, as the 10pm closing time is crucifying them. 

Dennis Reynolds

Me and a mate booked a couple six person tables about a month ago after we realised heading down to London was going to be more hassle than its worth. Even then we had to put down £10 non-refundable deposits and it wasn't in my top five places to go. Still, better than nothing. 

Also been invited to the fanzone in Glasgow Green but not sure if that'll be worth it. Hard to find details about it.

the general
5 hours ago, Sow Easy said:

Yeah I was thinking when I booked it they had a bit out the back like the Beehive but realise it'll just be the seats out the front. Oh well, that'll be getting cancelled. 

2 left field places are the Red Squirrel or Innis and Gunn in Lothian Road

JudyJudyJudy
21 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Booked a table at the Mad Hatter on Torphichen Place, they will welcome your custome, as the 10pm closing time is crucifying them. 

That’s a good place to eat too

On 03/06/2021 at 18:47, mutley said:

If your in Edinburgh it’s out by half ten. Level 1 areas get an extra half hour

No been on kickback in days so never seen this, but I found that out first hand last night down Prestonpans. :yas: 

frankblack
On 03/06/2021 at 18:50, Ulysses said:

It's England v Scotland.

Would Scottish people not be safer watching at home?

:whistling:

Watching Scotland at any time without a good dose of dutch courage is never advised.

Governor Tarkin

We built a pub in a mates back garden during the 'circuit break'. Beer taps finally going in this week. Will be bouncing.