Expectations for next season?

tartofmidlothian

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Dave with all due respect I'm switched on, the club are blatantly lying to the fans about youth players with covid etc, it's absolute nonsense, and if people like yourself want me to back up what I'm Saying then private message me and I'll happily tell you how but, if you do a bit of research you maybe will find it out how the club aren't being 100% truthful. 

With all due respect you would be better passing your exclusives to the Daily Record and the Scotsman if they blow the lid on the club’s dishonesty, as you suggest. 

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Des Lynam

• JimmyCant

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

No expectations!!

Very much this !!     A lot of what's been posted above is  just wishful thinking - nothing wrong with aiming high so long as optimism is based on something real.   Despite winning the league comfortably, last season feels like such a mixed bag with very little in the way of exciting football.    Until we see who Hearts are signing, is there any reason right now to think Hearts will be top 4, top 6, 10th  ?    The Brora & Alloa results showed just how fragile we can be.

Bongo 1874
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

With all due respect you would be better passing your exclusives to the Daily Record and the Scotsman if they blow the lid on the club’s dishonesty, as you suggest. 

No because 1. You can't buy class 2. I hate them, 3. They have an agenda, and only want the Glasgow two to be challenging for the major honours. 

What bongo 1874 wants? The best Heart of Midlothian for all of us. 

Honesty with the fans, that pump millions in, even in the best and hard times?. 

A club the fans can be proud of, a manager / coach that the fans can connect with. 

A clear path the youth can see if they work hard and dedicate themselves to there craft, they will be rewarded with first team minutes and game time. 

The very best Heart of Midlothian we can be. 

Bazzas right boot

I have great expectations. 

We'll Pip Rangers to the title. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Couldn't play youth players due to covid 😂😂 and they weren't match fit 😂😂 lord have mercy, honestly Hearts, go to the kitchen, get the sharpest knife and cut the Bull***t. 

I find it incredible Armand, GMS, Logan all turned up match fit when they signed oh wait 🤔🤔

But we couldn't play youth players because of the covid situation, really Hearts, yeah you willing to back that Robbie? Hearts? Before you made a bigger ass of yourself you may want to remove the pre seasons friendlys from last year 🤔👀

GMS and Gnando did not turn up match fit, GMS in particular needed games. 

Logan I'm unsure off,but he looked knackered first couple of games. 

We could play youth players if they we good enough, Irving and Henderson got runs, the rest were not good enough for sustained runs in the team. 

If they were only playing the odd game because there was no reserve football they wouldn't have maintained match fitness. 

Finally, maybe guys like Moore wanted to move for a better chance of first team football and a more secure future and didn't want to stay at Hearts, not play much and be binned the following year. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, they were as fit as anyone else at the start of the season and if he had any intention of playing them they could’ve been with the squad. They weren’t sitting around the house either, they were in training. 

Guys like Moore, Cochrane, Logan etc couldn't hold down a place at other clubs. 

Our best prospect Irving struggled to make any consistent impact with us yet you want a team of made up of this quality, cracking stuff. 

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

We could play youth players if they we good enough, Irving and Henderson got runs, the rest were not good enough for sustained runs in the team. 

If they were only playing the odd game because there was no reserve football they wouldn't have maintained match fitness. 

Finally, maybe guys like Moore wanted to move for a better chance of first team football and a more secure future and didn't want to stay at Hearts, not play much and be binned the following year. 

Our best prospect Irving struggled to make any consistent impact with us yet you want a team of made up of this quality, cracking stuff. 

You wrote Henderson off Big time, stuck the boot into him, Connor Smith not good enough aye 🤔 yet his debut against Hibs at Easter Road, Smith do us all a favour cut the bull mate. 

The Grim Reaper
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You wrote Henderson off Big time, stuck the boot into him, Connor Smith not good enough aye 🤔 yet his debut against Hibs at Easter Road, Smith do us all a favour cut the bull mate. 

You’re wasting your time with these guys, they’re utterly entrenched. 

Tosh will argue incessantly until Rob is inevitably sacked. He’ll then argue he was right all along in saying ‘he should have been sacked’ after the Brora game. 

Bongo 1874
13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Could these guys you mention maybe struggle because Robbie never seems to pick two starting lineups the same, just a thought Smith i mean if you have European football midweek fair play, but we'll erm.... 

Edited by Bongo 1874

A_A wehatethehibs

We should’ve played a Cochrane - C.Smith midfield all season. League 1  would be good for the club! 

8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I have to be honest, I'd far prefer the Hearts fans to see and figure the failings out for themselves than give the tabloid and Weejie press an opportunity to drag us through the mud. Said press have no motivation to dig into what's happening at Hearts - they have their preferred two horse race back and all the "stories" that come with that.

Forums should be a place where fans can post rumours and opinions to prompt discussions. Kickback in the Pieman and Romanov eras was great for that, but it's less so now - everybody wants a guaranteed source or cast iron proof if a poster hints are some inside knowledge. A sign of the times I dare say. 

Personally, while I'm not always a fan of the way Bongo says things/his posting style, I'm in 100% agreement with much of what he says and alludes to.  There are big problems are Hearts currently. We have no identity, no direction, no clearly strategy or plan on the football side.

Edited by blairdin

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Could these guys you mention maybe struggle because Robbie never seems to pick two starting lineups the same, just a thought Smith i mean if you have European football midweek fair play, but we'll erm.... 

Nope, they struggle because they aren't good enough to get ahead of players like Haring, Haliday, McEneff, Lee, Gino, GMS etc. 

The youth aren't good enough. 

The discussion of the validity and set up of our entire youth system is a separate discussion and not one Robbie can be blamed for. 

Robbie not picking the same starting line up was a problem for me first time round, but irrelevant in regards to youth. 

Moore, Cochrane etc even Irving aren't all that good and definitely not players that would push us on to 3rd/ 4th  in the league. 

If we can get a stable team at the top end  then it will be a better environment for youth to be introduced and imo that is very important. 

If Robbie can get us winning most games at Tynecastle, get us in about 3rd, basically replicate his form on promotion last time them youth can be introduced in a better, more relaxed, less pressurised environment. For example- coming on when  2/3 nil up or on a good run. 

We haven't been there since we ended up in 6th and essentially had 5 dead rubbers to play before the 1-2 final .

Even this year, there was pressure on Robbie to win every game even after promotion was guaranteed ( largely brought on by himself for the Broro result),  but even then the better youth prospects were out on loan for game time So couldn't play for us. 

We'll play youth if they are good enough and give them a chance , Brandon, Hickey, Irving, Henderson prove that. 

We'll also send some other guys out on loan, Stone, Logan, Cochrane so that they play more and hopefully return the better for it or otherwise they will leave. 

Really a non event 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We should’ve played a Cochrane - C.Smith midfield all season. League 1  would be good for the club! 

And according to many of the brains trust on here-Supplemented with guys like Morrison, Robinson... 

😭

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I have to be honest, I'd far prefer the Hearts fans to see and figure the failings out for themselves than give the tabloid and Weejie press an opportunity to drag us through the mud. Said press have no motivation to dig into what's happening at Hearts - they have their preferred two horse race back and all the "stories" that come with that.

Forums should be a place where fans can post rumours and opinions to prompt discussions. Kickback in the Pieman and Romanov eras was great for that, but it's less so now - everybody wants a guaranteed source or cast iron proof if a poster hints are some inside knowledge. A sign of the times I dare say. 

Personally, while I'm not always a fan of the way Bongo says things/his posting style, I'm in 100% agreement with much of what he says and alludes to.  There are big problems are Hearts currently. We have no identity, no direction, no clearly strategy or plan on the football side.

We have clear direction and a plan on the football side. 

In recent weeks we've said-

We aim to be at least top 6.

We want to play more youth 

We want quality over quantity. 

We then want to get into Europe. 

Establish ourselves as a top club. 

That's been communicated. 

We also have a new CEO and Savage on board to oversee/ support Robbie. 

That is a clear plan backed up by a strategy with accountable people in place. 

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

🤷‍♂️

Aye I remember Ann budge saying both Hearts and Hibs should be challenging for European football, talks cheap. 

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

🤷‍♂️

Words are easy. I posted on another thread that I'll eat all the humble pie going if we follow through and deliver on all of that. I'm hugely sceptical that we will at present. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Feel free to quote where that was said. 

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Words are easy. I posted on another thread that I'll eat all the humble pie going if we follow through and deliver on all of that. I'm hugely sceptical that we will at present. 

So there is a plan and strategy, you just don't believe we do. 

Big difference from sayibg we have no plan or strategy when we do, we've stated as much. 

What you believe is fair enough, but there is a clear plan. 

Also, we can have a plan and fall short or exceed expectations, doesn't mean that the original plan or strategy was a lie. 

Bazzas right boot
42 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye I remember Ann budge saying both Hearts and Hibs should be challenging for European football, talks cheap. 

Still a plan tho. 

Having a plan and delivering a plan are two separate matters. 

When I got up this am I had a plan not to get involved in daft debates that required the obvious pointed out, but here I am. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Feel free to quote where that was said. 

These guys were in reference to Moore, Logan and Cochrane. 

Ex member of the SaS

Got to this late due to being away for a few days. However I would expect us to challenge for first place. Little chance of getting there, but not trying is not an option. Every club should have this ambition at the start of the season, anything less is a defeatist attitude.

Celtic appear to be all at sea just now and we should be looking to take advantage of any slipups. 

We have wasted years by buying duff players and we should be looking to build a squad of good to very good squad players with a smattering of great players. We should also be bringing on youth unlike a previous manager that only brought through one player at a time.

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It’s appalling how easy some of these so called supporters write off these young guys. 

Armageddon

"Expectations for next season" is the thread title, so..........

Relegation - 100%  

It's all very well talking about all the great work being done at the club off the field, but that's like showing your pals your new superyacht but the person at the wheel loves to smash into rocks, and then they maybe don't crash while in a huge open piece of water and give in the 'billy big baws' (v Alloa) acting like they're Tam Tuchel.

Depressing that we will let this continue until it's too late.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, blairdin said:

To be fair, no-one is stopping him posting his views or information here ( as long as it isn’t defamatory ). Of course the same press would pick it up from here, if they thought it worthwhile. 

sandylejambo

very few fans have the belief that Neilson will have us in the top 4 come the end of the season , most fear that he will be sacked at Christmas because of his short comings. If the fans have no faith and the players have already shown they wont play for him, why is he still here? She is in such a minority that it will have to get to Levein portions before she'll sack him and thats way too late.

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

🤷‍♂️

Accountable people in place?

Who are they? Who is holding these people accountable?

Ann 'You've got 3 years' Budge?

There's been no accountability at Hearts since she took over. On or off the field. 

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Still a plan tho. 

Having a plan and delivering a plan are two separate matters. 

When I got up this am I had a plan not to get involved in DAFT  debates that required the obvious pointed out, but here I am. 

:gok:

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Accountable people in place?

Who are they? Who is holding these people accountable?

Ann 'You've got 3 years' Budge?

There's been no accountability at Hearts since she took over. On or off the field. 

Incorrect. 

Cathro was sacked 

CL was sacked

Stendal was not kept on 

Accountability just does not translate only  to sackings but folk are accountable. 

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Incorrect. 

Cathro was sacked 

CL was sacked

Stendal was not kept on 

Accountability just does not translate only  to sackings but folk are accountable. 

One could reasonably argue;

Cathro - should never have been employed

Levein - sacked 18 months too late

Stendel - should have been kept on to be sacked. 

Aunty Ann's cosy football department. Its the easiest and most secure job in world football. 

You've got 3 years. 

OmiyaHearts
2 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

very few fans have the belief that Neilson will have us in the top 4 come the end of the season , most fear that he will be sacked at Christmas because of his short comings. If the fans have no faith and the players have already shown they wont play for him, why is he still here? She is in such a minority that it will have to get to Levein portions before she'll sack him and thats way too late.

It's depressing going into a new season with the negativity the manager brings to the club.

Make no mistake, the first dropped points at home and there's no way back for him. He has no lives left with the support, and the season hasn't even begun.

41 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Aunty Ann's cosy football department. Its the easiest and most secure job in world football

You've got 3 years. 

See the bit in red and then backtrack to the emboldened bits.

Are you making sense?

2 hours ago, sandylejambo said:

Exactly Sandy, we are falling into same trap again, you just know signings are going to be pure guesswork. I see nothing changing in performance next season, just average heading for middle of the league stuff, which in my opinion it will always be under boring steady the ship Nielson.

20 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Probably a better phrase, but the impression I get is that whole weekends are ruined because of Hearts.

I have a pint/ food  and get over it, that is reacting well, some posters seem to disappear into a spiral of shame, hate and turn themselves inside out.

You can have expectations, but imo the key is to not have a melt down if they are not met. Fixes **** all.

Straight from page 1 of the ‘Happy Clapper Manual’ 😂

8 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

You’re wasting your time with these guys, they’re utterly entrenched. 

Tosh will argue incessantly until Rob is inevitably sacked. He’ll then argue he was right all along in saying ‘he should have been sacked’ after the Brora game. 

F53CDB3B-62F6-4091-81C9-DE01B142EB86.jpeg

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Aunty Ann's cosy football department. Its the easiest and most secure job in world football. 

You've got 3 years. 

Still folk accountable, just not managed the way you thought correctly. 

There is accountability at the club, even more so now. 

Ex member of the SaS

Someone who can have a pint and walk away after a defeat is not emotionally connected to the club, weekends are ruined because some put everything they have into supporting the club that is a huge part of their lives. Money and emotions after a life time of following one club. Anyone not so affected can call themselves football supporters but I would draw the line at calling them a full time club supporter.

frankblack
35 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Someone who can have a pint and walk away after a defeat is not emotionally connected to the club, weekends are ruined because some put everything they have into supporting the club that is a huge part of their lives. Money and emotions after a life time of following one club. Anyone not so affected can call themselves football supporters but I would draw the line at calling them a full time club supporter.

Anyone not employed by the club who lets it get to them that much have clearly got their priorities in life wrong.

It used to when I was younger but your priorities change as you grow up.

I desperately want to be optimistic about our prospects but the continuing presence of AB and RN very much puts the breaks on that.

Assuming they are both staying I hope they can contribute to a dramatic improvement in our performances.

LarrysRightFoot

Every single season I hope we win the league. 

My expectation this season is to challenge for 3rd (maybe 2nd if Celtic completely implode but I doubt it). 

Lower than 5th will be unacceptable.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's depressing going into a new season with the negativity the manager brings to the club.

Make no mistake, the first dropped points at home and there's no way back for him. He has no lives left with the support, and the season hasn't even begun.

Speak for yourself. Can't ****ing wait, like during every close season. Those who obsess about the previous season and think it has any bearing on the next one clearly haven't been watching Hearts for very long. 

16 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I kind of know what you’re saying but after sooooo many ruined weekends, eventually I’ve just learned that boozing and eating a nice madras with the wife followed by a good film takes your mind of it. It’s pointless dwelling on it and still being pissed off by Monday. 

Bazzas right boot
16 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Nah, I'm a grown up adult and also a full time father and husband. 

If I let Hearts defeats impact my personal life I'd quit following them. My money goes into them and I'm emotionally invested for a few hours but after that I join society again. 

If you get that emotionally involved with anything, whether that be work, sport, a hobby (gambling, gaming, drinking) that it effects other parts of your life then you have issues, especially if it makes you angry or sad or "ruins your weekend" 

When I was younger I got a bit worked up, but then I grew up and realised life is more than football. 

Whether you call such folk full time supporters will not bother them in the slightest, because they'll be happy with other parts of their life and not give a hoot if other supporters class them as ft or otherwise. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

I think there could be a Derby very early on in this season 

I reckon within the first 11 games. 

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You've got 3 years. 

Maybe, but there was still accountabilty. 

You just don't agree with the way it was managed. 

2 different things. 

Top 6

An improvement on the quality of football on show

Not embarrassing ourselves in the cups

That's minimum, and if we aren't meeting those targets after the first round of games he should be sacked

On 04/06/2021 at 07:22, Smith's right boot said:

I have great expectations. 

We'll Pip Rangers to the title. 

We'll need Estella performance.