• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboinglasgow

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• milky_26

Shanks said no

St J incoming

Brighton centre-back Lars Dendoncker joins Callum Davidson's side on a season-long loan, following the departure of Jason Kerr.

Dendoncker came through the Club Bruges academy before joining the Seagulls last year.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for me," the 20-year-old says.

Glamorgan Jambo

Colour me unsurprised that all the rumoured big money offers for Porteous, Nisbet and Doig came to nothing.

Thoughts with wee Ron.

Shanks said no

St J

St Johnstone midfielder Ali McCann is set for a late deadline day move to English Championship side Preston North End.

A deal is close to being done worth just over £1m, which could beat the midnight transfer deadline in Scotland by a matter of minutes.

Earlier, St Johnstone sold their captain Jason Kerr to Wigan Athletic for a fee of around £600,000.

20 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Colour me unsurprised that all the rumoured big money offers for Porteous, Nisbet and Doig came to nothing.

Thoughts with wee Ron.

What you mean none of them happened? 😮

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Thoughts with wee Ron.

Not even a single bid. Unsurprisingly Ron seems to have also pulled the pursestrings shut. Did no-one tell him John McGinn was the exception not the rule?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

Paul Merson is a slavering erse.  “Man Utd fans aren’t getting the Ronaldo that left them”.  

Ronaldo scored an average of a goal every 2nd game back then.  Since he left he has averaged a goal a game across club and international games over 13 or so years.  That’s ****ing unreal btw.  He’ll still piss this league at 36/37.  

He's not wrong, just not the way he intended. Left Utd a show pony winger and returns as one of the top 2-3 goalscorers and most complete forwards the world's ever seen. And I'm not even a Utd or Ronaldo fan.. Zlatan tore up that league in his mid 30s and Ronaldo will too.

Edited by ToqueJambo

jamboinglasgow

Sun reporting that Hibs made a last minute bid to sign Jamie McGrath from St Mirren for money plus Drey Wright and Scott Allan.

Do Hibs scouts only watch St Mirren and only recruit midfielders?

I watched him closely in the Euros and Ronaldo doesn't have the legs he had five years back but still probably the best player in that overrated league at 36. 

Shanks said no

Down South this is what is required for last minute deals

What is the 'deal sheet' in transfers?

image.jpeg

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

Surely St Mirren are swiftly rejecting that bid for McGrath 🤣🤣

Allan and Wright plus some cash. No way do either of them get anywhere near 10 - 15 goals which McGrath would. 

Arthur Morgan
20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Do Hibs scouts only watch St Mirren and only recruit midfielders?

Exactly, they seem to only ever go for midfielders when they have a ton of them.

6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's not wrong, just not the way he intended. Left Utd a show pony winger and returns as one of the top 2-3 goalscorers and most complete forwards the world's ever seen. And I'm not even a Utd or Ronaldo fan.. Zlatan tore up that league in his mid 30s and Ronaldo will too.

Cavani scored 17 goals in 36 games.Im sure with the chances Utd usually miss Ronaldo will be hitting at least 20+

manaliveits105

Creepy Ross scattergun approach suggests he doesn’t have a clue really and hopefully has brought dis- harmony to his dressing room by trying to punt Drey Wright and the sixty minute messi to st liedoon 

7 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Surely St Mirren are swiftly rejecting that bid for McGrath 🤣🤣

Allan and Wright plus some cash. No way do either of them get anywhere near 10 - 15 goals which McGrath would. 

Why do Hibs always just try to sign ex st Mirren players

Leveins Battalion

Hibernian FC are nothing but smoke and mirrors,they have spent the last 6 months punting Doig and Porteus around every club in England with no takers,they even took young Doig out a game due to "Serious" interest......Nisbet actively wants away,the 1st bid accepted and he will be off.

Last night was just typical Hibs,they love a bit PR to appease their thick as Shit fans,yes we thought we had McGrath in the bag but we sent the paperwork over too late.....

Absolute propaganda FC these days.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Cavani scored 17 goals in 36 games.Im sure with the chances Utd usually miss Ronaldo will be hitting at least 20+

I’m not a huge fan of older players on big pay days getting priority over young talent, but I don’t think it can be denied that a forward line including Ronaldo and Cavani screams goals.  United now look strong in all departments, with Varane and Sancho coming in, and Pogba looking like the player they paid record money for.  Their best chance at winning the league in donkeys.  

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hibernian FC are nothing but smoke and mirrors,they have spent the last 6 months punting Doig and Porteus around every club in England with no takers,they even took young Doig out a game due to "Serious" interest......Nisbet actively wants away,the 1st bid accepted and he will be off.

Last night was just typical Hibs,they love a bit PR to appease their thick as Shit fans,yes we thought we had McGrath in the bag but we sent the paperwork over too late.....

Absolute propaganda FC these days.

Nisbet put in a transfer request in January at the first hint of a bid. They even kept him from travel for Scotland game. 

That Hibs story reeks of pure lying pish. The two (broken) players would have to agree terms with St. Mirren too.

I bet they are lapping it up though. 

Have to say I feel for St Johnstone losing two of their cup double team in Kerr and McCann.  However if that's what it takes to keep their club solvent then so be it.  The Perth population really needs to get out and support this club on a regular basis.  

45 minutes ago, indianajones said:

That Hibs story reeks of pure lying pish. The two (broken) players would have to agree terms with St. Mirren too.

I bet they are lapping it up though. 

Rumour was the deal was a k reg transit van plus those two crocks and 150 quid

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

Rumour was the deal was a k reg transit van plus those two crocks and 150 quid

This time this year Ron was hoping to be a billionaire 

Trotter times: David Jason and Nicholas Lyndhurst as Del Boy and Rodney Trotter pose alongside their trusty three-wheeler

22 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Have to say I feel for St Johnstone losing two of their cup double team in Kerr and McCann.  However if that's what it takes to keep their club solvent then so be it.  The Perth population really needs to get out and support this club on a regular basis.  

Dendoncker from Brighton o loan is a good player at least. Can make up for it this season. 

9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not even a single bid. Unsurprisingly Ron seems to have also pulled the pursestrings shut. Did no-one tell him John McGinn was the exception not the rule?

It's ok, they have their tie-in with Brighton...... erm, how did that go? Us, Aberdeen and St Johnstone got players from them.....

Horatio Caine
43 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Yeah it's harsh, but what happened to our 2012 cup winning team?  It's what happens so they need to get on with it - which I'm sure they will do.

Edit:  BTW - we will probably sign McCann on loan when he comes back up the road next year.

Edited by Horatio Caine

10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

That St J side has been broken up faster than the Mowbray team was. McCart no doubt out the door soon. This will be a real test of Davidson.

It's a shame to see the likes of Alan Campbell and McCann choose mid to lower table English championship teams over the likes of us, Aberdeen and Hibs where they'd have genuinely good chances of playing in cup finals and Europe. Jamie McGrath will no doubt go the same way.

Chance of playing huge EPL teams in the League Cup / FA Cup or playing at Wembley in the plays offs going to these mid level English Championship clubs. Not to mention the £10k p/w salary ….

4 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

I’m not a huge fan of older players on big pay days getting priority over young talent, but I don’t think it can be denied that a forward line including Ronaldo and Cavani screams goals.  United now look strong in all departments, with Varane and Sancho coming in, and Pogba looking like the player they paid record money for.  Their best chance at winning the league in donkeys.  

And yet I still think they look very negative a lot of the time under Ole.Slow ponderous play that has been there since Fergie retired is still there as was seen against Wolves.

5 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

As a proportion of population, the figures for St Johnstone are roughly equivalent with those turning out to watch Hearts and Hibs.

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dendoncker from Brighton o loan is a good player at least. Can make up for it this season. 

Now how do you know he is a "good player" and what do you mean "can make up for it this season".

Ffs they have lost their two best players, they may toil.

12 minutes ago, Darren said:

As a proportion of population, the figures for St Johnstone are roughly equivalent with those turning out to watch Hearts and Hibs.

Factually correct. Perth has a population roughly 1/10 that of Edinburgh (47000 v 481000) with an average gate of just over 4000. That means they more than match the combined Hearts and H8bs attendances.

Surprising.

7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Factually correct. Perth has a population roughly 1/10 that of Edinburgh (47000 v 481000) with an average gate of just over 4000. That means they more than match the combined Hearts and H8bs attendances.

Surprising.

Yep.

While I'm sure most of us would like to see more people following the Edinburgh clubs (or Hearts at least), I always find it a bit patronising to belittle St Johnstone's crowds when they're almost exactly the same proportionally as ours.

Glasgow clubs obviously do better, Dundee clubs are much the same as Hearts/Hibs/St Johnstone and Aberdeen a bit worse. 

St Johnstone have, unfortunately for them, suffered a similar issue as we did post-Scottish Cup win in 1998.

Leveins Battalion
23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hibs have signed Dylan Tait from Raith Rovers.

Strange move,they have JDH,Gogic,Hallberg,Magennis,Gogic,Newel and Alan to name a few that play centre mid.Bonkers recruitment over there

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Chance of playing huge EPL teams in the League Cup / FA Cup or playing at Wembley in the plays offs going to these mid level English Championship clubs. Not to mention the £10k p/w salary ….

It's very bad for Scottish football though and I disagree they have better chances. The Championship is the most competitive league in the world given the reward for winning it. Chances are they'll get nowhere near the EPL or the FA Cup final. Yes, they will get a lot more money though. That's the issue I have with it. Can't blame them as it's a short career but it's a sad state of affairs that these crappy little clubs down there that have done very little in the game compared to clubs like us, Aberdeen and even Hibs in terms of winning major honours and playing European football can poach the better players up here.

It does go back to the people who run our game. They need to look at these good young players going south for 600 grand or 1m despite being worth more and think of ways to get better sponsorship deals etc so clubs like St J don't need to sell every good player they have after one decent season. Our league will never be competitive and we'll never attract better sponsors if that keeps happening. The planks of wood who run our game simply don't have the vision to see that. They have no long term plan and no interest in any club outwith the OF.

Edited by ToqueJambo

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Strange move,they have JDH,Gogic,Hallberg,Magennis,Gogic,Newel and Alan to name a few that play centre mid.Bonkers recruitment over there

I would presume they will loan him back to Raith this season but agree, there is an obsession in Hibs recruitment to get central midfielders or St mirren players (or both.) There is no coherent plan on how they will actually use them.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Darren said:

Yep.

While I'm sure most of us would like to see more people following the Edinburgh clubs (or Hearts at least), I always find it a bit patronising to belittle St Johnstone's crowds when they're almost exactly the same proportionally as ours.

Glasgow clubs obviously do better, Dundee clubs are much the same as Hearts/Hibs/St Johnstone and Aberdeen a bit worse. 

St Johnstone have, unfortunately for them, suffered a similar issue as we did post-Scottish Cup win in 1998.

I don't think that logic works when measuring football supports, in that I don't think it means anything in particular. Didn't Gretna get a bigger support at times than the actual town population? Agree St J are a decent little club with a nice stadium and who have over achieved. I do think they should be able too drum up more support though given their recent successes and the lack of competition in their region.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

How many late bids did Hibs put in, apparently tried for Griffiths which is no surprise 

Getting one 3rd place in 15 years has gone to their heads. This was a really poor window for them considering all the noise about strengthening and the apparent interest in their best players. Watford, West Ham, Arsenal.... 🤣 

Edited by ToqueJambo

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Getting one 3rd place in 15 years has gone to their heads. They are very tinpot in their transfer dealings.

I think McGrath was a late opportunity when Boro backed out for him. Hopefully they can't appeal it as I think he's a good player. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I think McGrath was a late opportunity when Boro backed out for him. Hopefully they can't appeal it as I think he's a good player. 

You can still make offers for players while they are interesting other teams. Like the Nisbet and Doig rumours, when they made out that there were bids galore coming in and they didn't receive a single bid, I don't even really believe they made a serious offer at all. Probably just enquired.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I do think they should be able too drum up more support though given their recent successes and the lack of competition in their region.

There are two bigger clubs in Dundee, less than 20 miles away, plus the usual OF gloryhunters. I think they do just fine.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

You can still make offers for players while they are interesting other teams. Like the Nisbet and Doig rumours, when they made out that there were bids galore coming in and they didn't receive a single bid, I don't even really believe they made a serious offer at all. Probably just enquired.

Who knows.  No doubt some were hovering over Doig and Nisbet and didn't pull the trigger. I actually thought Celtic were certs to take them away. 

Naisys Tackle
29 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Getting one 3rd place in 15 years has gone to their heads. This was a really poor window for them considering all the noise about strengthening and the apparent interest in their best players. Watford, West Ham, Arsenal.... 🤣 

They've not really been weakened though and took 3rd last year.  In comparison to us it's been shite but can't see how keeping their best players equates as poor unless you are ron the cons bank manager.