***Non-Hearts Summer 2021 Transfer Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Guest ToqueJambo

City are just an obscene football club now, with a bunch of others not far behind. Hope the whole thing bursts.

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboinglasgow

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• milky_26

Dagger Is Back
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

City are just an obscene football club now, with a bunch of others not far behind. Hope the whole thing bursts.

This in spades

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Man City and PSG. Bought by Oil rich Middle eastern states looking to use football to sports wash their image.  Thats not to say other clubs are not owned by terrible people and deserve criticism, but when you have a whole state funding your club, then your club will be associated with the terrible things that happen in that state.

Man City are also terrible for the way they have sought to circumvent every financial rule that all clubs have to abide by. They have broken Premier league rules then went to court to stop it being reported in the press (Daily Mail last week managed to get a judge to allow them to see it.) 

Guest ToqueJambo

Looking at Ross County's signings, Malky Mackay, former SFA performance director, responsible for overseeing the development of young players, seems to be determined to sign all non-Scottish players.

How the hell did he talk himself into that job at the SFA? What a joke. he's clearly got no interest at all in developing good young Scottish players.

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

6 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

E8BmpAzWQAYOFMW.jpg

Hypocritical shite!

It's not so long ago he was saying something to the effect that they would not be bringing in any big signings. Must have conveniently forgot about all that. Grealish a 100 mill yet still not satisfied, now Kane for another 100+.

I ******* despise the Man Citys, (a relative Mickie Mouse outfit) Chelseas and the whole lot of them.

Vlad was the only genuine one out of all of them. 😈

Carl Fredrickson

Re Many City - this has been the way in a number of countries for a number of years. We have witnessed it in Scotland since the mid 1980s. 

Apart from Leicester, England has been similar with the same few teams winning the league since Leeds in the early 90s. 

The club(s) with most money do better. City just have a huge amount more money and a manager who spends it better than a lot of others. 

The EPL is about survival for most clubs as it is  cash cow. The sooner the bubble bursts the better.  

Rick Sanchez
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Watch Doig miraculously return to the Hibs squad today after yet another lie about a bid.

maxresdefault.jpg

chuck berrys hairline
On 07/08/2021 at 10:33, livi said:

Aidy White: Rochdale sign left-back after Hearts exit

Well done Aidy thanks for the flick at Hampden 🙌

Leveins Battalion
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Said it all along,this was all Mathies doing.Doig is a very average footballer.

Rick Sanchez
7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Spot on mate. He's not even in Scotland's top 5 left backs. 4m ffs 🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Spot on mate. He's not even in Scotland's top 5 left backs. 4m ffs 🤦‍♂️

robertson, tierney, hickey, douglas, kingsley, wallace and taylor are all better than him even stevenson at hibs at times keeps him out of the team and is trusted in the bigger games

On 06/08/2021 at 20:19, ToqueJambo said:

❤️

On 07/08/2021 at 03:04, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Hypocritical shite!

It's not so long ago he was saying something to the effect that they would not be bringing in any big signings. Must have conveniently forgot about all that. Grealish a 100 mill yet still not satisfied, now Kane for another 100+.

I ******* despise the Man Citys, (a relative Mickie Mouse outfit) Chelseas and the whole lot of them.

Vlad was the only genuine one out of all of them. 😈

Maybe he meant big signing as in someone who wouldnt sit on his arse most games and who can displace one of their first team. I dont think Grealish has done anything to warrant 40mil nevermind 100m. 

jamboinglasgow
On 08/08/2021 at 14:15, Leveins Battalion said:

Its pretty much the way I am seeing it now. Hibs tried to maximise the hype on a young player, put out that clubs were competing for him in the hope that some club would fall for it and make them a quick buck. Was listening to an interview yesterday of a journalist who has investigating the transfer market (in particular the murky side of it) but he talked about agents often pass stories onto the press of different clubs after their player to drum a transfer, and it can often work.

And for all the talk of Hibs transfer selling ability, they only really sold 1 player for over £500k in the last 3 seasons, John McGinn. We have done the same in that period and there has often been talk how poor we are at selling players. I also get the sense that Hibs budgeted their transfer window signings on selling a player, and nothing has happened.

Leveins Battalion
7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its pretty much the way I am seeing it now. Hibs tried to maximise the hype on a young player, put out that clubs were competing for him in the hope that some club would fall for it and make them a quick buck. Was listening to an interview yesterday of a journalist who has investigating the transfer market (in particular the murky side of it) but he talked about agents often pass stories onto the press of different clubs after their player to drum a transfer, and it can often work.

And for all the talk of Hibs transfer selling ability, they only really sold 1 player for over £500k in the last 3 seasons, John McGinn. We have done the same in that period and there has often been talk how poor we are at selling players. I also get the sense that Hibs budgeted their transfer window signings on selling a player, and nothing has happened.

The whole situation is a PR stunt to keep up this myth regarding Hibs and creating players or recruiting the best young Scottish talent.There is no chance they would risk a (hold my tea whilst i laugh my head off() £5million to play a left back against the worst team in the league at home.

FWIW i do beleive that Nisbet will be away to Celtic as soon as the Edouard money comes in.

FFS they told us last season that Gogic was a cut above,the guy would not get a game for Bonnyrigg Rose.

On 03/08/2021 at 08:53, Ainsley Harriott said:

The fact Hibs are getting 3 million for him when we only managef 1.5million for Hickey pretty much sums up how well our club has been governed last few years.

The difference is Hickey only had a year left on his contract and unwilling to renew whilst Nisbet signed a 4 year deal when joining.

We done well getting that amount of fee.

The Old Tolbooth

Lukaku back to Chelsea looks likely to go ahead now, he'll do well for them I reckon. 

Edited by The Old Tolbooth

On 10/08/2021 at 09:45, The Old Tolbooth said:

Lukaku back to Chelsea looks likely to go ahead now, he'll do well for them I reckon. 

now confirmed £97.5M obscene the fees that are being paid 

Guest ToqueJambo

Doig's imaginary fee seems to be reducing even faster than Shankland's did. Maybe they've got the same agent - months of chat about 3-4m fees and bidding wars, then sold for 400k.

On 06/08/2021 at 20:19, ToqueJambo said:

So if instead of Vlad, some oil rich sheikh had bought Hearts, ploughed in a crap load of money so we could Hoover up talent and trophies, how many Hearts fans would be complaining. Very few I guess.

There has been financial doping at top clubs for years. Man United did it for years in the Fergie era by paying transfer fees that others couldn’t, so did Rangers in the 80s and 90s, Real Madrid are another.  How many top leagues these days are loaded to the rich. Last season without fans was an anomaly - Lille, Inter, Athleti. Not the richest of clubs in comparison to the Juve, Barca, Real of this world but managed to win a league. Last 10 years before that, other than Leicester, when did a team who were really outside the top 1 or 2 clubs in league win the league in France, Germany, England, Italy, Russia (Zenit) win the league.

I suspect that in my lifetime, unless they both leave Scottish Leagues, the league winners will come from the blue or green side of Glasgow. It’s 36 years since it was won by a team outside Glasgow. It will be a long time before another Lille or Leicester happen again. 

Personally I’d prefer the ‘big clubs’ had been allowed to form a Super League but would have to leave their respective national leagues. 

If I can’t get to Tynecastle, my time will now be spent going to Warrington Town or Marine. Football where money doesn’t matter and more of a level playing field.

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

now confirmed £97.5M obscene the fees that are being paid 

That’s just madness like, wow! 

1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

James scott signing season loan with HIbs, always thought this one would happen

Hope his coak faws off

tartofmidlothian

Weren't we linked with him?

that cant be right, he is not a midfielder

Love the Mbappe to Liverpool rumours

Not a chance they could afford the fee so not this season and you know Real are bidding now just in case other clubs come in and try to get him on FOC next season.

The player is of course taking a risk running down his contract but the rewards next season would be immense......get the insurance boosted now Kylian just in case.  🙂

4 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ronaldo to Man City is a done deal according to a Portuguese journo 

Imagine his face when Pep tells him he is on the bench cause he ain't playing any strikers for this game 🤣

3 hours ago, the_jailer said:

Marley Watkins signs for Aberdeen 

Trying to get Matty Longstaff on loan too. 

Would be a good signing tbf his brother Sean had a loan spell at Kilmarnock. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Watford were very keen last summer, decent enough for aberdeen to get him 

kingantti1874
12 hours ago, the_jailer said:

Marley Watkins signs for Aberdeen 

they just signed another striker from Watford as well.. that’s 4 strikers 

were probably planning for the parallel demands of the league + Europe 😆

Edited by kingantti1874

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Something in the region of 2.6m euros they lost out on by failing to qualify for conference groups. Plus 500k per match won in the group and 160k for a draw. Delighted for them.

22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

do you mean samuels from wolves rather than watford? or have they signed even more strikers?

kingantti1874

3 of the 4 appear to be target men. Strange on for me.

they look like they’ve tried to build a physical and fit side.. not much craft or guile tho . 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

do you mean samuels from wolves rather than watford? or have they signed even more strikers?

sorry yes wolves not Watford 

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

3 of the 4 appear to be target men. Strange on for me.

they look like they’ve tried to build a physical and fit side.. not much craft or guile tho . 

copying the mcinnes blueprint with different players

jamboinglasgow
11 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Steve Bruce has confirmed that he is most likely going to Aberdeen (no other offers for him.) I am sure Man Utd were looking to sign him when he first broke through.

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Steve Bruce has confirmed that he is most likely going to Aberdeen (no other offers for him.) I am sure Man Utd were looking to sign him when he first broke through.

Would be a great signing tbf.

Some talk of it being a replacement for Ferguson who would be allowed to leave.

It’s quite good to see the quality coming into the Scottish league this year. Loans are always a mixed bag though and that will be the same with us. There’s no doubting the quality of these guys but it’s about the attitudes.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Would be a great signing tbf.

Some talk of it being a replacement for Ferguson who would be allowed to leave.

It’s quite good to see the quality coming into the Scottish league this year. Loans are always a mixed bag though and that will be the same with us. There’s no doubting the quality of these guys but it’s about the attitudes.

Thats a good point, can see Ferguson moving on, especially as they have not got into Europe.

I would agree, I think if Premier league clubs see Scottish football as a viable place for player development, then it opens up the quality of player they will send north.,