Manager of the year

Last Laff

Many on here, myself included, can't really complain about that. Not after all the criticism of Neilson.

Don't rate McPake to any degree but he did get Dundee promoted. I didn't think he would.

jamboinglasgow

If Robbie doesn't deserve it for getting the team with the biggest budget to finish first, surely McPake with the second biggest budget in the league getting 2nd doesn't deserve it either.

Would have put John McGlynn, get a team promoted to third place.

So Make Some Noise..

How can it be a bit of a joke when the only manager to do better than him has been outed by his own fans for the sack? Natural order of events really.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

If Robbie doesn't deserve it for getting the team with the biggest budget to finish first, surely McPake with the second biggest budget in the league getting 2nd doesn't deserve it either.

That’s a good shout. 

Fairly certain I seen Robbie awarded this about a month ago? Because I remember thinking us and Partick got the respective awards and it was a **** you to the SFA.

A_A wehatethehibs

Good achievement to win the playoff, first championship manager to do it in 7 or 8 years so it’s deserved to reward that. Don’t really have many complaints or particularly care.

League table was all that mattered this season to me and Hearts finished top. I have already forgotten this joke of a season, a season that should never have been basically.

I don’t even credit Rangers for winning the league or Hibs for getting Europe as both happened with Hearts having been eliminated illegitimately from the Premiership so Dundee United were actually a fake club being promoted there. And Hamilton also, they never paid the penalty of the playoff since they finished 11th. Compromised integrity of the make up of the division. So the entire integrity of the teams in the divisions was questionable and all that’s happened is, it’s been corrected with Hearts going up and Hamilton going down. 

Other corrections have happened with Partick coming up and Brechin getting punted from existence. Justice done. Feel for Stranraer tho they should be a league 1 club . 

The next correction is to get Dundee United back relegated next season so they can go again in the championship and earn their place back in the premier legitimately. Fingers crossed we can nick Shankland to make that scenario more likely even if shanks just sits on the bench here it would be worth it for justice to get done and DUFC to go back down. I’m sure Dundee will be happy to help us in that so good luck to them next season. 

What was this thread about again 

21 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Dick Campbell for me.

21 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

How can it be a bit of a joke when the only manager to do better than him has been outed by his own fans for the sack? Natural order of events really.

They struggled and got pumped loads.  Mclynn or for me Campbell should have got it.

McJake won the Prem playoff.

In winning the Championship, Robbie met expectations, I'm not sure that is enough to merit recognition in end of season prize giving, given we were heavy favourites.

Personally I think McGlynn probably deserved it for getting Raith to be competitive in the top half of the division on a relatively small budget, but arguably McPake has done very well to overcome a really difficult first season.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Hahahahaha not really I suppose, Neilson did **** all in the grand scene of things. Most managers would’ve got us up out that tinpot league. Glens Vodka hahahahaha 🙈

Edited by Pasquale for King

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good achievement to win the playoff, first championship manager to do it in 7 or 8 years so it’s deserved to reward that. Don’t really have many complaints or particularly care.

David Hopkirk, manager of 2017/18 Play-off winners Livingston would have an issue with your statement.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

David Hopkirk, manager of 2017/18 Play-off winners Livingston would have an issue with your statement.

Oh I thought they won the league tbh 

indianajones

Type of guy that will be extremely proud of this award as he's won **** all in his entire footballing career. 

First emptied next year imo.

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

fair enough from my perspective. Robbie achieved what was expected in the league and was beyond shocking, albeit record setting in the cups.

Not sure anyone would have expected Dundee to emerge through the playoffs given that historically the prem team usually prevails.

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He won the Harry Houdini award in 2012 for only taking 2 hours to untangle his legs after the Rudi reaming at Hampden.

🤣

copa-mundial
17 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

He won the Harry Houdini award in 2012 for only taking 2 hours to untangle his legs after the Rudi reaming at Hampden.

Give him some credit jonno. He assisted with 4 of the 5 goals that day 😁

McPake's team never got beaten by a bunch of laddies working in Greggs and Primark.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

McPake's team never got beaten by a bunch of laddies working in Greggs and Primark.

Aye they did. Take a look who knocked them out the league cup 

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

fair enough from my perspective. Robbie achieved what was expected in the league and was beyond shocking, albeit record setting in the cups.

Not sure anyone would have expected Dundee to emerge through the playoffs given that historically the prem team usually prevails.

The Championship team has won 3 and lost 4 of the play-off finals since this format was established.

John Findlay

If you actually read the story. He won the Sponsor's( a vodka brand) championship manager of the year.

Nookie Bear
55 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Lost 6-2 to Hearts though 😂

He got it because he has to have regular contact with Nelms.

Seems very fair to me.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

and the night-shift at Amazon, in the case of Alloa.

Fort Vallance
4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Dick Campbell for me.

Cant argue with that. If he can keep them up next season as well it'll be a massive achievement. 

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Tbf they nearly made a **** of playing Bonnyrigg on their own patch.

5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I don't think it is

bet you also moan about Neilson too like many on here

Course I do.  He’s not good enough for HMFC. 

I wouldn’t want any of the championship managers managing Hearts, that includes Neilson and McPake. I think McPake made some pretty good signings, got a good balance and eventually got them gelled and playing through their strong players. We were fortunate it took them several months to actually start being consistent. I’ve no argument with McPake getting it over Neilson, but there were other managers in that league who were also fairly competent given their meagre resources.

Edited by JimmyCant

Jambo 4 Ever
20 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Course I do.  He’s not good enough for HMFC. 

so who else would you give manager of year to then?

r

8 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

so who else would you give manager of year to then?

r

I’ve mentioned on this thread a few times who I would mate. 

alwaysthereinspirit
On 01/06/2021 at 08:33, jonnothejambo said:

I love watching Darren Barr’s goal over and over again just to watch McPikey from second one when the corner is taken all the way to the ball hitting the back of the net.

He’d have had a great career during the silent movies as a Keystone cop. Well worth another watch.

Bongo 1874

He has Charlie Adam and Jordan Mcghee to thank he is still in a job. 

Well done to they lads, as far as there club, they can go away and throw shi** at themselves. 

Unpopular opinion on here but i reckon mcghee, wouldn't be a bad player to have next season. 

Very versatile and since going away from us has improved, seems to have more hunger in his game, tbf the lad always looked a good player for me anyway, just needed to stay humble, but at the time I would argue he was good enough to play for us, and I can't fault him for trying his luck elsewhere. 

queensferryjambo

Good luck to McPake, all Hearts fans owe him a massive debt of gratitude for his exploits on the 19th of May 2012. 

Rudi Skacel, James McPake - Rudi Skacel and James McPake Photos - Zimbio

On 01/06/2021 at 13:33, jonnothejambo said:

I love you 🤣

SomethingAboutObua
On 01/06/2021 at 12:44, jamboinglasgow said:

Exactly my thoughts. Neilson or McGlynn should have been the only two real candidates by most people's definitions of the award. Dundee are practically just Charlie Adam FC as well