£130,104

novoman

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Depends how you define membership. There are currently active members with live monthly DDs, lapsed contributors (like me) who have contributed enough to qualify for an ongoing right to vote on a few defined big ticket issues, and lapsed members who haven't met that threshold.

Numbers remain excellent given that FOH has not fulfilled its pledge to deliver fan ownership.

Sorry to quote myself but can't edit for some reason.

We don't know what percentage of past and present contributors are currently active contributors, but it will be less than 98%.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Boab

• Footballfirst

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Depends how you define membership. There are currently active members with live monthly DDs, lapsed contributors (like me) who have contributed enough to qualify for an ongoing the right to vote on a few defined big ticket issues, and lapsed members who haven't met that threshold.

Numbers remain excellent given that FOH has not fulfilled its pledge to deliver fan ownership.

The info coming out now indicates end of July at the latest. It they haven’t completed the transfer by then I’ll join you on the curmudgeon step. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Im not looking down on floor sweepers. I’m looking down on you.

That’s fine then, feel better now 👍🏽👏🏾. Classy guy. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Did you achieve your 1st/2and in misery?

If I had typed a sentence such as that I definitely wouldn’t. 
Apologies to everyone for getting an education 🙌🖕🏾

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, OTT said:

£1.5m coming into the club each year is incredible to see. It will be interesting to see where it goes after Budge. Could be a game changer for infrastructure investment. 

It might well help the connection between fans and the club if we had some sort of vote each year on something to improve. We should also be choosing a third strip through some sort of poll. A more democratic governance structure should definitely be on the cards once we take over. 

John Findlay
39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A 1st in misery it is then.

13 hours ago, MadVlad1962 said:

I’m talking about the overall figure of over 11 million

Built a new stand 🤔

52 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought you said you worked in a pub. 🤔

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I thought you said you worked in a pub. 🤔

I do, my choice of job has nothing to do with having an undergraduate masters degree. 

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

A 1st in misery it is then.

If it was about Hearts at the minute then yes, I studied Scottish History which has been quite miserable since around 1707. 

Broxburn Jambo
21 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

FOUNDATION UPDATE

Dear Member

As we are all aware, the last week or so has been a difficult time for all Hearts fans. Through that, though, we are really grateful to everyone who contacted us over the last few days. As ever, it is invaluable to hear your range of views. We have tried to respond to emails but the volume has been huge, so our apologies if you haven’t had a reply.

There have been some recurring themes in the messages we received, so in addition to giving you an update on where we are with pledge numbers, we thought it would be helpful to address these in a general update to Foundation members.

First, a number of pledgers who have been in touch with us have attacked the Foundation for not representing the views, as they see it, of Foundation members and for not making these views clear to the club. Nothing could be further from the truth. Our communications with the club reflect the strength of feelings that pledgers have brought to us and is passed on with no diluting of the emotions expressed. This does not fall on deaf ears - and of course, the club itself hears from fans and is well aware of people’s many opinions. We are able to supplement that and can also report on pledge numbers.

Equally, the views of Foundation members inform and shape the standpoint of those who represent the Foundation on the club board.

We have also been attacked by some for – to put it bluntly – not firing the manager. As most pledgers understand, the Foundation does not run the club. It is right and proper that the club board makes the final management calls, and it is right and proper that the Foundation - through communicating with the club and through our representatives on the board - aims to inform and influence strategies and decision-making. That is what we have done and that’s what we will continue to do when the Foundation becomes the majority shareholder of the club. The Foundation has always put forward the message of fan owned, not fan run. Foundation members overwhelmingly sanctioned the governance model which has this concept at its heart and it remains a pillar of the organisation’s structure.

Sadly we must also mention that there has been a level of vitriol and abuse in some of the emails and other communications which is intolerable. This type of attack has also been visited on club officials and staff and we utterly condemn it. Equating passion for a club with this kind of behaviour is totally misplaced. Passion for a club comes in many shapes and forms but abusing others, many of whom are working on a voluntary basis, is most certainly not one of them.

Looking ahead, the board is considering ways in which debate among Foundation members can be encouraged and structured. As mentioned above, we are very appreciative of members taking the time to bring us their views and constructive advice, and we will shortly be looking to create a new post - a director of members affairs - which, we believe, will help the communication process, but we are certainly open to other positive developments on this issue.

Meanwhile, to update you on pledge numbers and activity, we have seen in recent days around 250 cancellations of pledges. That equates to approximately 3 per cent of the membership. We’ve also seen some new pledgers coming on board and that range of activity leaves us with a total number of current pledgers today of just over 8100.  

It is in times of real pressure or challenge that individuals and organisations reveal their true character. This was the case when our club faced possible extinction. The character of the supporters then was unbelievable and has paved the way for the most successful fan initiative in British footballing history. We thank everyone who has been involved in this and who, by pledging, continues to lay the platform for a better future for Heart of Midlothian.

Kind regards

Stuart Wallace, Alastair Bruce, Paul Cheshire, Donald Cumming, Garry Halliday and Louise Strutt

Thank you FF, it is nice to hear a voice of reason without an agenda

FarmerTweedy
On 01/06/2021 at 12:23, luckydug said:

I see Mr Positive 🙄 is getting busy polluting this thread already. 

Narrow it down a bit!

John Findlay
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If it was about Hearts at the minute then yes, I studied Scottish History which has been quite miserable since around 1707. 

As an independent country yes. As a wee nation, we didnt half give the world alot in medicine, science, arts, and adventurers.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Narrow it down a bit!

He’s a bit obsessed with me, said I wasn’t a loyal fan because I’m swithering over renewing my ST. I didn’t take it well and was back on the naughty step because of my response. He’s following me all over the board 😆

On 01/06/2021 at 13:12, Footballfirst said:

The "average" number of pledgers during 2019/20 was 7873.  We also know that numbers grew considerably during the summer, peaking around 8,500. The largest fall was in the wake of the Scottish Cup farce (c. 250?).

Contributions during May of last year were £121,473, so £130,810 is actually 7% up year on year.

Cheers FF Absolutely awesome

20 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

No FOH, no CVA = no club. 

So all we’ve ever done with it is save the club from the extinction, build a big stand, and continue to keep the debt down. 

It will also mean FOH owns the club in the next month or so. 

No other support has done anything of this magnitude for the club it supports, ever. We will be the biggest fan owned club in Scotland. 

We raise more in a month that hibs do in a year😂

That’s what we’ve done with it. 

❤️🇱🇻❤️

54 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s a bit obsessed with me, said I wasn’t a loyal fan because I’m swithering over renewing my ST. I didn’t take it well and was back on the naughty step because of my response. He’s following me all over the board 😆

Sorry I didn't mean to upset you 😢

I'll just put you on ignore as I'm not allowed to reply to you. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

As an independent country yes. As a wee nation, we didnt half give the world alot in medicine, science, arts, and adventurers.

There was a huge best seller a few years back (popular in the States in particular) called "How Scots !nvented the Modern World". An exaggeration of course but the breadth and depth of Scots contributions to Science, Medicine, Philosophy, Architecture, Literature, Engineerting and so on and on (and yes though we are expected to be ashamed of it now, exploration and the creation of and running of the British Empire) is quite astonishing.

What's happening with that Hibs one? I can't even remember what it's called.  Anyone heard anything recently.

22 hours ago, JWL said:

Bizarre question; do you? I'm just hoping that when Mrs Budge takes a step back, the people taking over will focus a lot more on the football side of things than she ever did. Not too much to ask is it?

I think the problem with Ann is she's let the people she trusted focus on the football whilst shes focused on the business side.

Of course the debate about what's been wrong the last few years will continue to rage for some time I'm sure but I don't think any of our football managers the last few years can claim a lack of support...especially with funds. 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It might well help the connection between fans and the club if we had some sort of vote each year on something to improve. We should also be choosing a third strip through some sort of poll. A more democratic governance structure should definitely be on the cards once we take over. 

Yeah, assuming the club are happy with the stadium (ie capacity is sufficient), the FOH money could be ring fenced for a new training ground. From what I’ve picked up from posts on here Budge isn’t too happy with how much Riccarton is rent wise (circa £400k pa) so it could be build either purely through FOH subs or be paid for up front by a benefactor who is then repaid over time via a the foundation (or some kind of half and half deal). - I’m basing that from posts I’ve read, obv don’t speak for Ann nor want to spread unfounded rumours. 

Personally would love to get training facilities that are owned by the club. Would mean we aren’t losing so much to rent with no asset to show for it each year. 

Obvious caveat is that we should be wanting quality facilities, not an East Mains cow shed. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, assuming the club are happy with the stadium (ie capacity is sufficient), the FOH money could be ring fenced for a new training ground. From what I’ve picked up from posts on here Budge isn’t too happy with how much Riccarton is rent wise (circa £400k pa) so it could be build either purely through FOH subs or be paid for up front by a benefactor who is then repaid over time via a the foundation (or some kind of half and half deal). - I’m basing that from posts I’ve read, obv don’t speak for Ann nor want to spread unfounded rumours. 

Personally would love to get training facilities that are owned by the club. Would mean we aren’t losing so much to rent with no asset to show for it each year. 

Obvious caveat is that we should be wanting quality facilities, not an East Mains cow shed. 

I’m not entirely sure the need for a training facility to be honest, why not invest in Oriam by buying a share of it. 
Who knows how much the land and buildings would cost plus the interior, it cost £20m+ to build one stand that’s still not finished. The bidding process etc would need to be much more transparent than that of the stand. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not entirely sure the need for a training facility to be honest, why not invest in Oriam by buying a share of it. 
Who knows how much the land and buildings would cost plus the interior, it cost £20m+ to build one stand that’s still not finished. The bidding process etc would need to be much more transparent than that of the stand. 

Im not too sure we could afford a piece of Oriam anymore tbh, 

I reckon we’d need to spend about £15-20m but that would give us something to be proud of that would probably give us an edge over Hibs. 

Thing is, we didn’t pay £20m for the stand, it was a combo of benefactors, club funds and I believe FOH money. The same again could radically decrease just how much we actually need to get the project going. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, OTT said:

Im not too sure we could afford a piece of Oriam anymore tbh, 

I reckon we’d need to spend about £15-20m but that would give us something to be proud of that would probably give us an edge over Hibs. 

Thing is, we didn’t pay £20m for the stand, it was a combo of benefactors, club funds and I believe FOH money. The same again could radically decrease just how much we actually need to get the project going. 

We as in Hearts fans pay for everything, the benefactors are Hearts supporters, any funds the club have is from supporters, FoH same. 
Whether the fans would accept more money being directed away from the first team is another obstacle. 
It would appear that Budge wants this though so as she’s still in charge it’s likely to happen, no matter what the fans think. 

davemclaren
40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We as in Hearts fans pay for everything, the benefactors are Hearts supporters, any funds the club have is from supporters, FoH same. 
Whether the fans would accept more money being directed away from the first team is another obstacle. 
It would appear that Budge wants this though so as she’s still in charge it’s likely to happen, no matter what the fans think. 

She mentioned it at the 2019(?) FoH agm in response to

a speculative question from the floor re what capital projects could we possibly focus on next. 

I imagine any such potential decision is a good while away as I would think the FoH monies will be used to stabilise the club post pandemic, given the borrowings we will likely have accrued. 

Did I read somewhere that although we've paid back AB here initial investment, we now owe her another £3.5m.  If that's so, I would want us to use any benefactor donations to pay that off, if possible.

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Did I read somewhere that although we've paid back AB here initial investment, we now owe her another £3.5m.  If that's so, I would want us to use any benefactor donations to pay that off, if possible.

It was £3.1m in June 2020. That will have risen unless benefactors have been funding the shortfall over the last year.

I'd imagine that, on trading only (income v expenditure), the club will have lost something in the region of £1m-£1.5m over the current financial year which ends on 30 June. Those are my ballpark figures for a club of Hearts size compared to how others have fared.

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It was £3.1m in June 2020. That will have risen unless benefactors have been funding the shortfall over the last year.

I'd imagine that, on trading only (income v expenditure), the club will have lost something in the region of £1m-£1.5m over the current financial year which ends on 30 June. Those are my ballpark figures for a club of Hearts size compared to how others have fared.

The club owed Ann £3.1 m less than a year ago? Might explain why FOH have not got round to taking ownership. I wonder what the terms of Ann's loan were.

Edited by Francis Albert

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was going to say something but I’ve decided not to!

Your words say it all! Actually it’s not the words it’s how you have sequenced them!

♥️  ♥️  ♥️ ♥️

Francis Albert
29 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I think.the benefactors are big fans of Ann. And are in no hurry to see her depart.

Edited by Francis Albert

Footballfirst
24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The club owed Ann £3.1 m less than a year ago? Might explain why FOH have not got round to taking ownership. I wonder what the terms of Ann's loan were.

Loans as at 30 June 2020:

£2.1m, interest free, and not repayable before the end of this financial year.

£1m, at market rate interest, not repayable until October 2023.

davemclaren
27 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

I think.the benefactors are big fans of Ann. And are in no hurry to see her depart.

This has been known for a while FA. 

colinmaroon
On 01/06/2021 at 12:06, davemclaren said:

Less if you base it on the average pledge. 

Don't let facts get in the way.