Murrayfield?

kila

Murrayfield?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. If Murrayfield was available for home games until all season ticket holders are allowed back into Tynecastle - would you go for it?

• Murrayfield with all season ticket holders
    • Tynecastle with limited numbers and a ballot for each game

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Of course, but walk up fans and others also put money into the club and care as much about the results. My point is deciding on our home ground for a season shouldn't be a decision for ST holders only. We have been mostly poor every time I've seen us at Murrayfield with an atmosphere to match. If we knew for sure it was for a couple of games fair enough but I'd still be worried about us losing some home advantage. 

For the purposes of this discussion it is the ST holders who are most affected by a ballot for games at Tynie so it seems fair they should be the ones asked.

Walk up fans are not as important to the club as ST holders.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

For the purposes of this discussion it is the ST holders who are most affected by a ballot for games at Tynie so it seems fair they should be the ones asked.

Correct. 

Walk up fans, probably shop at Morrisons as well-less important. 😜

Not being cheeky but the vast majority of ST holders are 40+ and have been fully vaccinated, the next highest group, 24-40 will have had their 1st jab by the start of the league season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Not arguing with that but there are football considerations too. We fought hard and long to not play our home games at Murrayfield for very good reason. And would it set a weird precedent asking just one set of fans where the team should play? Asking them and FoH members in a poll would make sense to me. There don't seem to be many very loud voices calling for this though.

frankblack
20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not arguing with that but there are football considerations too. We fought hard and long to not play our home games at Murrayfield for very good reason. And would it set a weird precedent asking just one set of fans where the team should play? Asking them and FoH members in a poll would make sense to me. There don't seem to be many very loud voices calling for this though.

Oh come on.

We fought long and hard to not sell our ground and be forced tenants at Murrayfield.  Hardly a similar comparison!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Oh come on.

We fought long and hard to not sell our ground and be forced tenants at Murrayfield.  Hardly a similar comparison!

True, but had Murrayfield been a different kind of stadium things might have been different. There doesn't seem to be a clamour for doing this. Worth discussing obviously but I think it's fair to also point out the importance of Tynecastle as our home ground. 

frankblack
48 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

True, but had Murrayfield been a different kind of stadium things might have been different. There doesn't seem to be a clamour for doing this. Worth discussing obviously but I think it's fair to also point out the importance of Tynecastle as our home ground. 

I really don't think people are disputing the fact that Tynecastle is an imposing ground for away teams, but only when there is enough fans in it to be effective.  A few fans rattling about isn't going to strike fear into visiting teams.

Edited by frankblack