Murrayfield?

kila

Murrayfield?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. If Murrayfield was available for home games until all season ticket holders are allowed back into Tynecastle - would you go for it?

• Murrayfield with all season ticket holders
    • Tynecastle with limited numbers and a ballot for each game

For the purpose of the poll, lets assume rent cost isn't an issue and this is purely fan preference.

So... would you rather be home at Tynecastle with limited numbers or at Murrayfield with all season ticket holders?

Tough yin. I don't think we should play at Murrayfield but I think all those that have bought St's should get to see the guys playing. 🤷

David McCaig

It would be good, if in a few weeks, the club polled those with a dog in this fight ie. those renewing via Options 2 and 3 as we are paying for these games regardless of whether we get in or not.

If Murrayfield was to prove viable in terms of cost and SPFL approval, why would we choose to deny season ticket holders the chance to attend in person.

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Tough yin. I don't think we should play at Murrayfield but I think all those that have bought St's should get to see the guys playing. 🤷

Hopefully its just a contingency for a small number of games.

Just now, David McCaig said:

Hopefully its just a contingency for a small number of games.

That would be the best option. I just want all ST holders to get to see the Hearts next season. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

It would be good, if in a few weeks, the club polled those with a dog in this fight ie. those renewing via Options 2 and 3 as we are paying for these games regardless of whether we get in or not.

If Murrayfield was to prove viable in terms of cost and SPFL approval, why would we choose to deny season ticket holders the chance to attend in person.

How would we judge what level of cost makes it viable?

David McCaig
Just now, davemclaren said:

Very hard to quantify, obviously not an option if the SRU set the rent at an exorbitant level, but within reason the club absorbing some cost to get all ST holders in from day one would be a significant step in healing the wounds from last year’s shambolic ST press releases.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The poll should point out we would lose the known advantage we often get from playing at Tynecastle so people can weight up the full pros and cons. Put it this way, I know where I'd rather play Hibs, Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, or anyone really.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What is the rent of Murrayfield likely to be during these trying times? Especially if their hospitality areas can open and make cash from us.

I'd pay a quid if it meant getting to go to the game in person. If everyone did, that's potentially £13.5k a game.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

The poll should point out we would lose the known advantage we often get from playing at Tynecastle so people can weight up the full pros and cons. Put it this way, I know where I'd rather play Hibs, Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, or anyone really.

The 'known advantage'? That's only when it's more fuller than empty. If there's 4000 scattered around, then it's hardly as intimidating is it?

Murrayfield's pitch width matched Tynecastle last time, it's just the length because of the goal post holes.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Hesh said:

Doubt the SRU would entertain it unless it’s for silly money 

Potentially a big PR win for SRU if they act in a benevolent way.

William H. Bonney

I’d rather attend tynecastle. I’m pretty sure 2-3 thousand hearts fans would make more noise too than 16k at murrayfield. Terrible stadium for football. 

18 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In an empty stadium ? No advantage there. 

13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Potentially a big PR win for SRU if they act in a benevolent way.

Not sure I get this 

Murrayfield is very meh in my opinion. 

I doubt the club would want to negotiate with the SRU when the government could pull the rug out of any deal on little notice, depending on what is going on with the lurgy. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Hesh said:

Not sure I get this 

It shows the SRU in a good light and may help them be at the forefront of further progress in terms of increasing capacity at games.

1 minute ago, JCR said:

Murrayfield is very meh in my opinion. 

I doubt the club would want to negotiate with the SRU when the government could pull the rug out of any deal on little notice, depending on what is going on with the lurgy. 

Hopefully Hearts and the SRU could negotiate in a fluid and flexible way, reflecting the exceptional circumstances we are living through… as I’ve said if the SRU want to rinse us for every penny, we simply stay at Tynecastle and play in front of a smaller crowd.

AlphonseCapone
33 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I’d rather attend tynecastle. I’m pretty sure 2-3 thousand hearts fans would make more noise too than 16k at murrayfield. Terrible stadium for football. 

This for me. 

Preference would be Murrayfield. Give every fan who’s missed out over the last 12 months a chance to see the team again. Players might get a lift too. 

simplesimon

I suspect the SPL would block Murrayfield on the grounds of giving us an unfair advantage over others having to limit capacity, unless the hobos also use Murrayfield

David McCaig
26 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

This for me. 

This is why it is important for the club to ask those who buy the STs what their preference is. If the majority would rather take their chance in a ballot that view should prevail.

8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

This is why it is important for the club to ask those who buy the STs what their preference is. If the majority would rather take their chance in a ballot that view should prevail.

I agree !

As long as financial implications for the club are explained in the consultation. 

davemclaren
Just now, luckydug said:

I agree !

As long as financial implications for the club are explained in the consultation. 

Murrayfield plus a 33% reduction on transfer budget or Tynecastle and a ticket draw when required. 

I know what would get my vote. 

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Murrayfield plus a 33% reduction on transfer budget or Tynecastle and a ticket draw when required. 

33% of £0 🤔

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

33% of £0 🤔

Includes capitalised wages and any signing on fees. 

AlphonseCapone
33 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I think I'd be in the minority tbh, which is obviously fine. 

I voted Tynecastle but mainly for the catering, bars and shop who would miss out on any revenue from

sales. If they are allowed to open that is. 

David McCaig
46 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt the cost would be that high, but important that the club is transparent about the options on offer.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I doubt the cost would be that high, but important that the club is transparent about the options on offer.

I doubt the club would/could reveal specific commercial information like that. Especially when it is related to an external party. 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

You can't sell season tickets and have a vote for change by majority. Nobody can be made to go to Murrayfield if they don't want to just because others do and would be entitled to a refund.

1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

You can't sell season tickets and have a vote for change by majority. Nobody can be made to go to Murrayfield if they don't want to just because others do and would be entitled to a refund.

That didn't happen when the new stand was delayed did it?

I think season ticket holders would be happy just to see Hearts again rather than asking for a refund. It'd be a different story if Murrayfield was out of town or awkward to get to.

2 minutes ago, kila said:

I think season ticket holders would be happy just to see Hearts again rather than asking for a refund. It'd be a different story if Murrayfield was out of town or awkward to get to.

I think you're right tbf.

As much as I look forward to getting to Tynecastle, I think it would be great to have all ST holders rewarded for their support. Murrayfield has become a bit of a home from home so wouldn't bother me, I'd just be happy to see Hearts play.

Only thing with that though, is would we be cutting our nose off to spite our face? If, fingers crossed, we keep moving forward towards normality as we hope, the amount of fans attending is only going to increase through the season. As far as I'm aware, we would need some sort of special dispensation to be allowed to return to Tynecastle mid-season.

Could be wrong, but I'm sure you have to nominate your home ground for the entire season. Only reason we got away with it in 2017/18 was due to the construction work. Could be wrong, but that's my interpretation of it all. Play 1 game at Murrayfield, when we play them all there with fans or no. Unless someone in the SPFL pulls a few strings, which I highly doubt.

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Correct,   anything else where fans pay there money and can't get in is wrong, no matter what all the do gooders say and think ,   they all love their club and if there's a chance to watch them ,  it should be listened to and done,   hearts need the fans support behind them and 17.000 at murrayfield would do just that ...🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, kila said:

They didn’t though there was literally no choice and was an extension of an existing dispensation. Supporters bought season tickets that season knowing we would be playing some matches at Murrayfield though. 

In saying I agree that the club doesn’t need to offer refunds if they decide to play all, or part, of the season at Murrayfield given it’s so close. 

David McCaig
32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt the club would/could reveal specific commercial information like that. Especially when it is related to an external party. 

A simple we explored the option but the costs were prohibitive would suffice.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

A simple we explored the option but the costs were prohibitive would suffice.

Sorry I misinterpreted what you were asking for. 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Not everyone can afford or wants to buy a ST so I don't think ST holders, vital as they are, should decide where we play our home games. A decision like this that could affect results and performances, as well as the playing budget, in a very significant way should also be open to at minimum FoH subscribers.

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not everyone can afford or wants to buy a ST so I don't think ST holders, vital as they are, should decide where we play our home games. A decision like this that could affect results and performances, as well as the playing budget, in a very significant way should also be open to at minimum FoH subscribers.

Season ticket holders are the financial foundation of the club so their views should be at the forefront of any decisions, so they are kept fully aligned and onboard    ♥️  ♥️  ♥️ ♥️

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Season ticket holders are the financial foundation of the club so their views should be at the forefront of any decisions, so they are kept fully aligned and onboard    ♥️  ♥️  ♥️ ♥️

Of course, but walk up fans and others also put money into the club and care as much about the results. My point is deciding on our home ground for a season shouldn't be a decision for ST holders only. We have been mostly poor every time I've seen us at Murrayfield with an atmosphere to match. If we knew for sure it was for a couple of games fair enough but I'd still be worried about us losing some home advantage. 

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Of course, but walk up fans and others also put money into the club and care as much about the results. My point is deciding on our home ground for a season shouldn't be a decision for ST holders only. We have been mostly poor every time I've seen us at Murrayfield with an atmosphere to match. If we knew for sure it was for a couple of games fair enough but I'd still be worried about us losing some home advantage. 

The big problem with ‘walk up fans’ is …. they don’t walk up consistently! Especially in inclement weather, mid week, when the team is having a bad run and when the quality of the opposition is unattractive!

Might be good to have a break from Tynie, it’s not the fortress it once was!

♥️  ♥️  ♥️ ♥️

Guest ToqueJambo
42 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

The big problem with ‘walk up fans’ is …. they don’t walk up consistently! Especially in inclement weather, mid week, when the team is having a bad run and when the quality of the opposition is unattractive!

Might be good to have a break from Tynie, it’s not the fortress it once was!

♥️  ♥️  ♥️ ♥️

Sacrilege! We still do better there than anywhere else, including Murrayfield. If every other game could be Hibs at Hampden or Easter Rd we'd be golden.

frankblack
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Sacrilege! We still do better there than anywhere else, including Murrayfield. If every other game could be Hibs at Hampden or Easter Rd we'd be golden.

We play so infrequently at Murrayfield I find it hard for to find relevance in your assumption on past records affecting a future performance.

Lets be realistic here we are talking about a 3/4 empty Tynie with no atmosphere due to the numbers allowed in (4k to 6k tops) vs a full quota of season ticket holders + maybe some walk-ups at Murrayfield.  More people watching us will create a better atmosphere.

Edited by frankblack

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, Cruyff said:

My thoughts as well.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We play so infrequently at Murrayfield I find it hard for to find relevance in your assumption on past records affecting a future performance.

Lets be realistic here we are talking about a 3/4 empty Tynie with no atmosphere due to the numbers allowed in (4k to 6k tops) vs a full quota of season ticket holders + maybe some walk-ups at Murrayfield.  More people watching us will create a better atmosphere.

According to many that will be enough for all the St holders at Tynecastle. 

A_A wehatethehibs

After all this time, it would be great to just give access to every fan who wants to get to a football match. I wonder if even for 1 game it might be looked at. A pre season friendly or something. Or the league cup group games. 15k in Murrayfield. Maybe even consider making it free for all of last seasons season ticket holders who want to go, or a significant discount price to help cover cost of putting the event on. Then for the proper league games, we switch to our home ground on the same terms as all the other clubs with restricted capacity and a ballot system with 4500 fans in. 

frankblack
17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

According to many that will be enough for all the St holders at Tynecastle. 

They have said the same for many seasons in a row.  I guess they hope that one of these days their predictions of doom and gloom will materialise.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Surely preferential that everyone gets in to watch

Yip, we should all suffer equally.