Gervene Kastaneer

rudi must stay

Tasavallan
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He was not even that good.

Aaaah! I agree.  What's wrong with me.

I watched another former Hearts legend strutting his stuff at Wembley this morning.

The great Cole Stocton.

jamboinglasgow

He will be one of those players who we signed and we will forget about in seasons time.

I do think he was a last minute signing due to Ginnelly's injury being a lot worse then first thought, so not going to rage too hard that it did not work out. Also dont think our problems in February and March was down to him but it was not an easy time for a player who had just arrived to settle and make a big impact.

47 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

A message to Damour,

ffs do the decent thing.

Still got half his contract to run I think. No chance that the shameless, wage stealing **** is going anywhere. 

Harry Cochrane is one that mystifies me. 
So much promised from the boy but he didn’t even hit at a plateau he seemed to have gone backwards. I often wondered if our coaches were responsible for that. Most of them gone too.  I hope he makes it elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He was only on loan to cover Gino. 

This is not news. 

Some cover! 🙈

As I said months ago after watching him for 20 mins you could see he was crap just like the other 100 wingers we signed last year 

Now if we as fans can see after one game they are rubbish how can someone who is paid by the club to look at players not see they are rubbish as that’s their job 

As I said months ago after watching him for 20 mins you could see he was crap just like the other 100 wingers we signed last year 

Now if we as fans can see after one game they are rubbish how can someone who is paid by the club to look at players not see they are rubbish as that’s their job 

Class of 75
13 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He will be one of those players who we signed and we will forget about in seasons time.

I do think he was a last minute signing due to Ginnelly's injury being a lot worse then first thought, so not going to rage too hard that it did not work out. Also dont think our problems in February and March was down to him but it was not an easy time for a player who had just arrived to settle and make a big impact.

Makes you wonder how low the bar must be to become a professional footballer 

Maroon Sailor

The club would like to thank each player leaving Hearts for their efforts every time they pulled on a maroon shirt

That was Kastaneer's effort. Trying to get the shirt on

2 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Harry Cochrane is one that mystifies me. 
So much promised from the boy but he didn’t even hit at a plateau he seemed to have gone backwards. I often wondered if our coaches were responsible for that. Most of them gone too.  I hope he makes it elsewhere. 

I think he is one player our coaches and managers can't be blamed for. The boy just never kicked on from 'that game'. I think most of us saw a bit of magic but alas it was a flash in the pan.

Armageddon
5 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

RIP 

No age at all.

Hahaha shouldn’t laugh, but that’s a belter 😂

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Folk also stick there head in the sand too much imo.

Instead of just saying Kastaneer was a terrible signing....no matter in what capacity....you for some reason attempt to justify it.

We’ve had too many Kastaneers......that’s been our biggest issue for so many seasons.

I’m hung about that and so would most normal thinking supporters tbh.

Nah, flapping for the sake of it. 

Being a drama is how I would describe it. 

A Dutch lad, who is a Curaçao international in the reserves at Coventry and willing to come to the Scottish championship for 6 months as cover. 

Tbh If he'd been any good I'd have been more suprised. 

No head in sand, just realistic. 

If you're hung up on that type off stuff then you're in for a tough time following Hearts. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The club would like to thank each player leaving Hearts for their efforts every time they pulled on a maroon shirt

That was Kastaneer's effort. Trying to get the shirt on

😂😂

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, been here before said:

From the fan who gives 100% below his optimum support.

😂🤣

will-i-am-a-jambo
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

How did you come to that number? 

80% of statistics are made up on the spot 🤪.

Allowayjambo1874
13 hours ago, theshed said:

It’s an interesting point because I cannot understand how Paul Gallagher gets off the hook for the farcical goalkeeper situation pre Craig Gordon. Hearts didn’t just sign keepers and say to him there you go crack on, he must have had an input into their signing. Doyle, Bobby & Poppadom collectively couldn’t lace Gordon’s boots and for overseeing this farce PG got rewarded with an extended contract. 

Just do not get it. 

Hagar the Horrible

So who have we let go so far,  Berra, Kastofthousands, Aidy White?

EN says 11 gone?

Have we managed to tie down Irvine?

Damour is a good guy to have in your dressing room, which is handy as thats all he has done!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Folk also stick there head in the sand too much imo.

Instead of just saying Kastaneer was a terrible signing....no matter in what capacity....you for some reason attempt to justify it.

We’ve had too many Kastaneers......that’s been our biggest issue for so many seasons.

I’m hung about that and so would most normal thinking supporters tbh.

Totally disagree, this was not a planned signing, it was a last minute, nothing else left on the shelf bid for cover. The boy was rank we didnt play him much, it really isnt a big deal, thats not sticking your head in the sand, that is rational. Frear and Roberts, yeah they were poor signings, but again some rationale has to be levered, much of the budget was screwed keeping what we had that was good, a point that seems to be flippantly and conveniently glossed over

16 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Crazy how useless he was. Big, tall, athletic and an absolute waste of a jersey.

Looked totally disinterested

Edited by Deevers

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Totally disagree, this was not a planned signing, it was a last minute, nothing else left on the shelf bid for cover. The boy was rank we didnt play him much, it really isnt a big deal, thats not sticking your head in the sand, that is rational. Frear and Roberts, yeah they were poor signings, but again some rationale has to be levered, much of the budget was screwed keeping what we had that was good, a point that seems to be flippantly and conveniently glossed over

Nothing left on the shelf 😂😂

He was worse than useless.....if it was him or nothing then nothing was definitely a better option.

When it’s comes to wasting money on players it’s a very big deal imo.....that is what has been glossed over by some.

If our scouting and contacts really could not come up with a better player than Kastaneer then we are in for more of the same dark years as we’ve had recently.

Raith Rovers signed a better player on loan ffs.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Nothing left on the shelf 😂😂

He was worse than useless.....if it was him or nothing then nothing was definitely a better option.

When it’s comes to wasting money on players it’s a very big deal imo.....that is what has been glossed over by some.

If our scouting and contacts really could not come up with a better player than Kastaneer then we are in for more of the same dark years as we’ve had recently.

Raith Rovers signed a better player on loan ffs.

Easy to be wise after the event, bit of a hindsight king. Again you seem to be missing the point, it was eleventh hour, scouting doesnt do you any good, when the options are literally small. What money was wasted on Kastaneer, and which player would you have got in, you seem to be particularly well informed.

Watch a lot of Ratih Rovers did you, really dont believe you did, so good they conceded 8 to Hearts without scoring once at home. They finished the season limply, have a think eh :lol:

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Easy to be wise after the event, bit of a hindsight king. Again you seem to be missing the point, it was eleventh hour, scouting doesnt do you any good, when the options are literally small. What money was wasted on Kastaneer, and which player would you have got in, you seem to be particularly well informed.

Watch a lot of Ratih Rovers did you, really dont believe you did, so good they conceded 8 to Hearts without scoring once at home. They finished the season limply, have a think eh :lol:

Awe......

Have a think he says.....yet my argument was Raith signed a better player not where they finished in the league. 

The signing of Kastaneer is evidence we don’t or didn’t have much of a plan. ...our back up plan is well.....whatever is left over according to you. And saying scouting does you no good is just another stupid comment because it was so late in the window. Ginnely was ruled out with 5 days of the window left. 

Your excuses for signing a shit player are quite frankly as pathetic as Kastaneers Hearts career.

gordiegords
2 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

It’s an interesting point because I cannot understand how Paul Gallagher gets off the hook for the farcical goalkeeper situation pre Craig Gordon. Hearts didn’t just sign keepers and say to him there you go crack on, he must have had an input into their signing. Doyle, Bobby & Poppadom collectively couldn’t lace Gordon’s boots and for overseeing this farce PG got rewarded with an extended contract. 

Just do not get it. 

Totally agree, sits in the background and never seems accountable for anything.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Awe......

Have a think he says.....yet my argument was Raith signed a better player not where they finished in the league. 

The signing of Kastaneer is evidence we don’t or didn’t have much of a plan. ...our back up plan is well.....whatever is left over according to you. And saying scouting does you no good is just another stupid comment because it was so late in the window. Ginnely was ruled out with 5 days of the window left. 

Your excuses for signing a shit player are quite frankly as pathetic as Kastaneers Hearts career.

Who was the better player and what is the evidence?

How many times did you see the player?

All I am reading is deflection from the point of view, you really don't have the slightest clue how effective the Raith player was.

Was Kastaneer shit. Absolutely he was, it was a punt very late in the winter window. It didn't work,  really not a big deal at all 

37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Who was the better player and what is the evidence?

How many times did you see the player?

All I am reading is deflection from the point of view, you really don't have the slightest clue how effective the Raith player was.

Was Kastaneer shit. Absolutely he was, it was a punt very late in the winter window. It didn't work,  really not a big deal at all 

You just don’t understand.....or you’re at least pretending you don’t.

Kastaneer was just another in a very long list of shitty punts. As were Frear and Roberts.....Popescu too. 

At what point does it become a big deal ?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Terrible player. Will be completely forgotten in a week. 

Should never have been here. A club with a Sporting Director, analytics department, large scouting team, and state-of-the-art academy, shouldn't need to be making last minute 6 month loan deals. 

Hectormasson
11 hours ago, gordiegords said:

Totally agree, sits in the background and never seems accountable for anything.

Correct he must have seen these 3 were utterly & completely shite 🙈🙈totally unacceptable, he should have been chased.....

19 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Had a decent debut.  Should've left after it, so people would pine for his return...

I give it 18 months before he pops up in whatever variant of "underrated players from previous seasons" or similar threads we have on here in the future.  

been here before
48 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I give it 18 months before he pops up in whatever variant of "underrated players from previous seasons" or similar threads we have on here in the future.  

Even less than that until he scores a cracker against some fourth division English team and has a thread about how there was 'a player in there' but our coaches 'ruined him' blah blah blah 

Robbo-Jambo
On 01/06/2021 at 13:11, DH1986 said:

Kastaneer was just another in a very long list of shitty punts. As were Frear and Roberts.....Popescu too. 

The worrying aspect for me was that Neilson had Frear on his radar for some time. 

WTF did he actually see in him to have him on the bloody radar. 

Neilson in charge of a other transfer window gives me the fear. Hope to god Savage is the main man involved in any new signings. 

Ethan Hunt
8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The worrying aspect for me was that Neilson had Frear on his radar for some time. 

WTF did he actually see in him to have him on the bloody radar. 

Neilson in charge of a other transfer window gives me the fear. Hope to god Savage is the main man involved in any new signings. 

I think Neilson, Budge and Savage know they need to get this window right. Half a squad has been cleared out so there’s no excuses.

Fort Vallance
On 01/06/2021 at 13:11, DH1986 said:

To be fair I thought Popescu wasn't a bad shout at the time. 

Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think Neilson, Budge and Savage know they need to get this window right. Half a squad has been cleared out so there’s no excuses.

They desperately need to get it right this time but I have no faith whatsoever in Neilson doing that if he is left to his own devices. 😏