Smith talking mince in the Scotsman again!

Seymour M Hersh

• Seymour M Hersh changed the title to Smith talking mince in the Scotsman again!
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Auldbenches

• Deid Heid

• Mikey1874

• Harry Potter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Harry Potter
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Worse than 5-1.

:rofl:

I didn’t bother to read the article.

The headline was enough.

The gift that keeps on giving, 😄.

I got as far as “so called greatest derby ever” and stopped reading.  Deflectors on full here.  It’ll give the Hibs fans something to chat about before games, ranking their most painful defeats in order.  Could be a big list.

Give St Johnstone more credit. 

And actually give Hibs more credit. 

It happens in a one off game. See also Man Utd and Man City..

Joke of an article, basically tears from a hubz fan about their latest cup final defeat, laughably trying to demean the 5-1 at the same time. It’s written at the level of a vermin dot nest post, not even fanzine level. This is the state of journalism in the hootsman, staggering Smith remains in a job even so

Harry Potter
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Give St Johnstone more credit. 

And actually give Hibs more credit. 

It happens in a one off game. See also Man Utd and Man City..

Exactly, is it not fact that the hobos had not won against them in the previous 3 games 

and lost big time in a semi a few months before, saints were hardly underdogs.

Ex member of the SaS

This is up there with them trying to big up the Hibsed it tag. There can never be a worse defeat than 1-5 in the Scottish cup to your city rivals, end off.

He should mention the other defeats too then. Famously 2nd division Clyde and then 1896 at home. 

But to be fair 2012 is an aside to a fairly honest appraisal of the game. Though timing is a bit off when Hibs fans are trying to forget it.

Auldbenches

Put st johnstone, ross county and Livingston together and it doesn't come close to 1-5. 

I think it's a case of 'you've convinced us, now convince yourself!'

Why bring it up if deep down it isn't still getting to them? 

He’s a blithering idiot. That stupid book where he kidded on he was a hearts fan for a season shows he doesn’t get a red neck over anything. 

Edit: Heartfelt it was called. Had to look it up. If anyone is ever tempted to read it, don’t. 

Edited by GinRummy

They are at utter pains to try and downplay the 2012 Scottish Cup Final result and brush it off like they don't care. They are like a bitterly divorced couple pretending to like each other for the benefit of the kids caught in the middle. Only, in this case, we are the sadistic wee shits that deliberately went out the way to get the parents to despise each other and break up, where as Hibs and their fans are the parents destroyed inside and desperately pretending everything is all right for our benefit, without realising that  we are lapping up every bit of the salty tears. 

indianajones

5-1 has been riding their fragile and anxious little minds since 2012. 

Its eternal as well. Nothing will beat it.

Just now, Barack said:

His new book, will document this year's attempts to win the Scottish Cup.

It's entitled: Arsefelt.

😂😂😂 excellent. 

Auldbenches
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He’s a blithering idiot. That stupid book where he kidded on he was a hearts fan for a season shows he doesn’t get a red neck over anything. 

Edit: Heartfelt it was called. Had to look it up. If anyone is ever tempted to read it, don’t. 

I sadly did read it.  Was going someone and it passed an hour and a half in a bus.  Terrible book.  

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, Barack said:

😁

Just now, Auldbenches said:

I sadly did read it.  Was going someone and it passed an hour and a half in a bus.  Terrible book.  

I read it as well mate. Someone bought me it for Xmas and I read it when I was in bed with a bad cold. Awful cringey stuff. 

Auldbenches
Just now, GinRummy said:

I read it as well mate. Someone bought me it for Xmas and I read it when I was in bed with a bad cold. Awful cringey stuff. 

Worse than that, I bought it. 

John Findlay

So Aidan it was worse than getting beat 5-1 from your oldest and city rivals.

Not worse than than the 3-1 defeat at Logie Green in 1896(which is far closer to Easter Road than Tynecastle)?

No worse than the 2-0 defeat to Airdrieonians 1924?

No worse than the 1-0 defeat to Clyde in 1958?

No worse than the 6-1 defeat(joint record for heaviest defeat in a Scottish cup final) to Celtic in 1972?

No worse than the 3-2 defeat, after the second replay, to Rangers in 1979, Arthur Duncan scoring Rangers third for them?

Who are you trying to Kid Aidan Smith? Yourself?

You sure as hell not kidding anyone else, and that includes your fellow Hibs supporters.

The sad thing is you got paid to write that drivel on your laptop.

Big Slim Stylee

I like him when he writes about rugby. Apart from that - which is 90% of the time- he’s a roaster 🙁

Geoff Kilpatrick

The word ****** was invented for him.

Edit: Damn - who censored FELANG ? (anagram)

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

frankblack
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

So Aidan it was worse than getting beat 5-1 from your oldest and city rivals.

Not worse than than the 3-1 defeat at Logie Green in 1896(which is far closer to Easter Road than Tynecastle)?

No worse than the 2-0 defeat to Airdrieonians 1924?

No worse than the 1-0 defeat to Clyde in 1958?

No worse than the 6-1 defeat(joint record for heaviest defeat in a Scottish cup final) to Celtic in 1972?

No worse than the 3-2 defeat, after the second replay, to Rangers in 1979, Arthur Duncan scoring Rangers third for them?

Who are you trying to Kid Aidan Smith? Yourself?

You sure as hell not kidding anyone else, and that includes your fellow Hibs supporters.

The sad thing is you got paid to write that drivel on your laptop.

If you include there LC final defeat to Livingston they have taken a few sore ones.

The mental anguish of that day in 2012 will never leave them.

AC Mallin_51

Quite amazing. Actually seen this a few times. “Worse than the 5-1” are these tramps actually using losing a cup final to St Johnstone in some strange sort of way to try and deflect from 2012 and downplay it? Or is it just me? I personally think this is just further proof of how that day will forever haunt them 

21 minutes ago, Barack said:

i thought that was marvin bartleys autobiography title

22games nro

It’s odd the amount of times hibs fans tell you they are over the 5-1 cup final, and they aren’t that bothered,

well I tell you what, let them believe want they want to try to convince themselves.

But I know if I’d have been on the end of them beating us 5-1 in that cup final it would haunt me for the rest of my life , it would bring back unbearable memories of that day all the time.

what would I do then , I’d try to convince my hibs mates that although it was disappointing I’ve really gotten over it , whilst every since in my body would be aching in pain at the memories of the defeat.  

sound a bit familiar !!!

22 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The word ****** was invented for him.

Edit: Damn - who censored FELANG ? (anagram)

:laugh:

Spent a minute trying to suss the word out before giving up

Well that piece really tops the guff this clown has come away with over the years. He knows full well that 19.5.12 will never be expunged from their memories - it’s there for ever.  

adambraejambo

Another sleepless night for  him. Look at the time it got posted 4.55 AM.

That was not even their worst result at Hampden in the last 12 months. I'm sure the defeat to us  in the recent semi final hurt them way more than St Johnstone. All I got pre match from Hibs colleagues was the damage they were going to inflict on us as revenge for actual 5-1 game (hahaha) 

Only thing that can topple 5-1 is a league decider if we were sitting 1 and 2 in league or we met in a European semi or on a final but let's face it that just fantasy...so 5-1 will never ever be beaten . 

Skivingatwork

Shockingly poor levels of ‘journalism’ from a once respected publication. When I was a lad it was regarded as the top Scottish based newspaper from the perspective of quality, independent journalism. Now its so predictable in its tabloid levels of hysteria around the SNP (I’m no big fan) and it’s fawning over hibs.

It really is sad to see its demise, yet hardly unexpected given the low levels they’ve plumbed in recent years.

If this recent offering quoted above is enough to pass the editorial threshold then they should close the doors for good.

3fingersreid

He’s a fud

Well always remember 

They’ll never forget 

🏆🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Unknown user
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Rudi has win more Scottish cups than Hibs in the last 120 years. 

Rudi's only 1 Scottish Cup behind them in their entire existence.

I love it. The more they try to demean the absolute hammering we gave them in the biggest Edinburgh derby of all time, the more you know just how much it hurts them. Beautiful.  

You could definitely write a book on the worst Cup defeats. 2016 probably just saved them from all that. Remembering they just missed the million hours since 1902 by a couple of days. 

A job for you Aidan. 

Class of 75
2 hours ago, Barack said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Class of 75
1 hour ago, Skivingatwork said:

Shockingly poor levels of ‘journalism’ from a once respected publication. When I was a lad it was regarded as the top Scottish based newspaper from the perspective of quality, independent journalism. Now its so predictable in its tabloid levels of hysteria around the SNP (I’m no big fan) and it’s fawning over hibs.

It really is sad to see its demise, yet hardly unexpected given the low levels they’ve plumbed in recent years.

If this recent offering quoted above is enough to pass the editorial threshold then they should close the doors for good.

Totally agree. I remember when I was at Primary School the teachers always brought it in and would regularly read to us from it. Now it is a pale shadow of its former self but hardly surprising given the readership it panders to, many who would have difficulty writing with a crayon. 

The "that was worse than 5-1" list must be roll of wallpaper size by now. Incredible the amount of times they've uttered it on dotnut over the last 9 years.

Starting to believe they welcome epic failure and humiliations. If only as some sort of camouflage to circle around the biggest one and obscure it from view.

Must be great being a Hibby.

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, adambraejambo said:

Another sleepless night for  him. Look at the time it got posted 4.55 AM.

That was not even their worst result at Hampden in the last 12 months. I'm sure the defeat to us  in the recent semi final hurt them way more than St Johnstone. All I got pre match from Hibs colleagues was the damage they were going to inflict on us as revenge for actual 5-1 game (hahaha) 

Only thing that can topple 5-1 is a league decider if we were sitting 1 and 2 in league or we met in a European semi or on a final but let's face it that just fantasy...so 5-1 will never ever be beaten . 

The 4.55am is a well spotted.   Aye Aiden, not bothering you at all.  

Bazzas right boot

Tbf it probably was worse than the 5-1, they knew they were getting trampled, a bit like the sf before that. 

They expected to get beat. 

St Johnstone in the final, although not easy is a final you'd take 10 times out of ten. 

Sadly for them, Hibs is a team in the final you'd take 11 times out of ten. 😁

Keep up the entertainment Aiden, it’s like watching the village drunk spouting philosophy, aye it’s worse than 1-5 right enough.😂😂😂

Auldbenches
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf it probably was worse than the 5-1, they knew they were getting trampled, a bit like the sf before that. 

They expected to get beat. 

St Johnstone in the final, although not easy is a final you'd take 10 times out of ten. 

Sadly for them, Hibs is a team in the final you'd take 11 times out of ten. 😁

I'd have got over losing to Gretna easier than losing 1-5 to them.  They might've expected to get beat that day but not a score like that, or performance.   

Considering what was at stake due to Buffalo Bill etc, that was s humiliating hammering.  

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Auldbenches said:

I'd have got over losing to Gretna easier than losing 1-5 to them.  They might've expected to get beat that day but not a score like that, or performance.   

Considering what was at stake due to Buffalo Bill etc, that was s humiliating hammering.  

Fair enough, 5-1 going on ten as well. 

Let them off. 

8 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

The 4.55am is a well spotted.   Aye Aiden, not bothering you at all.  

I doubt a single day has passed without 5-1 crossing through their minds. Not one.

Certainly the case for me.

Edited by martoon

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair enough, 5-1 going on ten as well. 

Let them off. 

It's amazing that we walked out that ground slightly disappointed at the score knowing that it should've been more.  

That's twice we've held back in a game due to someone feeling sorry for them...