Home games at Murrayfield?

hoof.hearted

hoof.hearted

Just a thought until things get back to almost normal. 16,500 fans going to be in attendance there shortly so if we played there for now, all season ticket holders would get in. Not great but better than 2,000 or whatever we'll probably be allowed at first. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frankblack

• davemclaren

• jr ewing

• Harry Potter

Top Posters In This Topic

tynietigers
2 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

Just a thought until things get back to almost normal. 16,500 fans going to be in attendance there shortly so if we played there for now, all season ticket holders would get in. Not great but better than 2,000 or whatever we'll probably be allowed at first. 

I would be happy with that, just to see live football again 👍🏻 But do they not want something like 100k per game to use it 🤔

Pasquale for King

I just it would cost too much to hire it for 16.5k fans, I think we made a bit of cash because of the big crowds for the Rangers and Aberdeen games. 
Im not sure if the SPFL would allow us to do it either, we had a good excuse last time. We would be gaining an advantage over the uglies and the others, can’t have that..

Harry Potter
7 minutes ago, hoof.hearted said:

The main point being, all season ticket holders get to the game, good idea.

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

The main point being, all season ticket holders get to the game, good idea.

At what extra cost though?

Harry Potter
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So are you happy waiting to know that you might get to the game through a ballot, 

im certainly not Dave, im also confident we will generate more sales if folk buying know

they will get access to the games, unlike other clubs we still have income through FOH.

Edited by Harry Potter

Nookie Bear
21 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Def not. Home is were the Heart is. 

Yes, but that could mean a laptop for half of ST holders. 

Tynie is obviously the preferred option but perhaps Murrayfield should be considered. 

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I just it would cost too much to hire it for 16.5k fans, I think we made a bit of cash because of the big crowds for the Rangers and Aberdeen games. 
Im not sure if the SPFL would allow us to do it either, we had a good excuse last time. We would be gaining an advantage over the uglies and the others, can’t have that..

If we don’t ask...🤷‍♂️

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

So are you happy waiting to know that you might get to the game through a ballot, 

im certainly not Dave, im also confident we will generate more sales if folk buying know

they will get access to the games, unlike other clubs we still have income through FOH.

We’ve got one thread looking to acquire quality players and another discussing the prospects of renting Murrayfield. Both are likely being, or have been, looked at but there’s a balance to be had and I’d be surprised if the additional cost of hiring Murrayfield adds up. 

portobellojambo1

The theory/reason behind the suggestion in the opening post makes sense, but it also has a downside in that we won't be allowed to play at Murrayfield free of charge. If, as many suspect, we need to spend money on strengthening the squad for the step back up to the top division, would those that advocate moving to Murrayfiel, assuming we got the go ahead to do so, also be happy if a substantial part of the income the club generates is used to cover the costs of renting Murrayfield rather than have that money invested on the playing staff side.

I suspect Tynecastle will be restricted for a large part of the remainder of this calendar year, and 25% of capacity seems to be a target figure mentioned now and then. In our case if we sold 10,000 ST's for example it would meand 5,000 at home games within Tynecastle. The club appear to have recognised this by retaining prices rather than increasing them.

I'm not in either camp, like most I'm desperate to ger back into stadiums and watching football matches every week, but if delaying that full return means additional money is available for investment in the team I'd probably prefer that option rather than pay fairly serious money to Murrayfield for using their facilities.

Harry Potter
Just now, davemclaren said:

We’ve got one thread looking to acquire quality players and another discussing the prospects of renting Murrayfield. Both are likely being, or have been, looked at but there’s a balance to be had and I’d be surprised if the additional cost of hiring Murrayfield adds up. 

Aye Dave, a lot to think about, time will tell on what happens.

We used Murrayfield under special permission due to new main stand.

I think we'd need to commit to play full season or at least first 22 fixtures. So everyone plays there for fairness. 

I would hope it won't be too long before full crowds are allowed back. 

Nice idea, but what’s to stop Hibs, Dundee Utd etc also wanting to play there? Don’t think we have any rights to it just because we play over the road. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

Nice idea, but what’s to stop Hibs, Dundee Utd etc also wanting to play there? Don’t think we have any rights to it just because we play over the road. 

Nothing to stop them. Would both Edinburgh clubs using it half the cost?

Its far from ideal but the club would need to look at the cost and weigh up the cost of rent versus all ST holders watching (and paying) to see games. 

been here before

Given the SRU are in the same boat as the rest of the sporting business world, they maybe wouldnt be too hard to deal with if it meant any sort of income.

If it means getting to games then go for it. The alternative of more Hearts TV shit coverage is too awful to contemplate.

Ccjambo1874

I'm content with the ballot system on offer. As much as we've all missed it every second Saturday at home, I'm content with being able to just get to go where offered in the short term. No guarantees everyone would opt to go via the ballot as a lot of fans enjoy going with their pals/family so may decide not to even bother as they'd be on their Jack Jones potentially 

1 minute ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

I'm content with the ballot system on offer. As much as we've all missed it every second Saturday at home, I'm content with being able to just get to go where offered in the short term. No guarantees everyone would opt to go via the ballot as a lot of fans enjoy going with their pals/family so may decide not to even bother as they'd be on their Jack Jones potentially 

I wouldn't bother going without them. 

frankblack
29 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Caterers could help pay for it. They charge enough. 

Kind of a point I was about to make - the added income we could generate from catering and merchandise stall from a far bigger footfall than a reduced capacity Tynie would hopefully balance out the costs.

Is there some way we could make revenue from selling alcohol outside Murrayfield to further boost income?

I  am all for Murrayfield. Just want to get back inside a stadium and watch live football. I have had enough of watching games via streams.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

What’s the cost to ST sales if too many took up the £25 option?

Nah, everyone will have been vaccinated by the time next season begins. Full Capacity Tynie is hopefully where we should be at that point. 

davemclaren
26 minutes ago, kila said:

That’s the challenge that the club has to work through. A lot of moving parts in terms of expected numbers allowed during the season, cost of hiring Murrayfield, number of £25 tickets sold, number that will be convert to full season tickets for Murrayfield and probably more I haven’t though about. 

frankblack
6 minutes ago, gfpete said:

Would the 16,500 capacity be only Hearts fans?

I believe so.  I think while restrictions still apply its home fans only at all grounds.

frankblack
35 minutes ago, daveyhmfc said:

I  am all for Murrayfield. Just want to get back inside a stadium and watch live football. I have had enough of watching games via streams.

Spot on.

I want to get my second jab and get back to some normality after the 3 week incubation period (is that the correct term?).

frankblack
6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

No thanks - home advantage lost previously 

Wait, so playing with next to no fans in a smaller stadium gives us more of a home advantage?

31 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Nah, everyone will have been vaccinated by the time next season begins. Full Capacity Tynie is hopefully where we should be at that point. 

The test event results including the FA Cup final and the Brit Awards were 15 people with Covid out of 58,000 people and they might have got Covid from something else. 

We should be getting crowds back in soon. 

Edited by Mikey1874

No thanks, Tynecastle only for home games. 

We were absolute tollies when we played there before, oh wait that's just normal.. ROFL

I do see the option being one that's a possible solution to getting as many fans in but your eyes need to get a taxi to see the game as your miles away from the pitch. 

The SRU will scoop a penny or two also which kind of defeats the purpose of getting fans cash in for the clubs use which we obviously need due to the mess the on field dept are in. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Option 2 will still leave us short too.

2 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

We were absolute tollies when we played there before, oh wait that's just normal.. ROFL

I do see the option being one that's a possible solution to getting as many fans in but your eyes need to get a taxi to see the game as your miles away from the pitch. 

The SRU will scoop a penny or two also which kind of defeats the purpose of getting fans cash in for the clubs use which we obviously need due to the mess the on field dept are in. 

Nice pitch though. 

Bazzas right boot

If it was allowed and the team has no issue with it- yes, why not?

If the players would rather be at Tynecastle, then no.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Harry Potter
10 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

i think if we ask the SRU and the cost is too much then it wont happen.

lots of ifs and buts tbh.

I want Hearts to win games whether I'm there or not.

Given our dodgy away record most of the points we win next season will probably be at home. We can't afford to chuck that advantage away by playing games over the road.

Not attempting to turn this into a Neilson out thread but I'm not confident we'll be winning games regularly as it is without compromising home advantage into the bargain.

I'd rather watch us winning at Tynecastle online or on TV than watch us draw or lose at Murrayfield in person.

I'm willing to be patient. We've all learnt to be that over the last year or so.

frankblack
22 minutes ago, martoon said:

I want Hearts to win games whether I'm there or not.

Given our dodgy away record most of the points we win next season will probably be at home. We can't afford to chuck that advantage away by playing games over the road.

Not attempting to turn this into a Neilson out thread but I'm not confident we'll be winning games regularly as it is without compromising home advantage into the bargain.

I'd rather watch us winning at Tynecastle online or on TV than watch us draw or lose at Murrayfield in person.

I'm willing to be patient. We've all learnt to be that over the last year or so.

Restricted capacity grounds throw away the home advantage anyway.

2 hours ago, been here before said:

Given the SRU are in the same boat as the rest of the sporting business world, they maybe wouldnt be too hard to deal with if it meant any sort of income.

If it means getting to games then go for it. The alternative of more Hearts TV shit coverage is too awful to contemplate.

You keep going on about the shit Hearts TV coverage. 

Not sure what your expecting ? 

We get to watch the game on TV without the constant drivel and pro OF bias of the BBC Scotland

Co - commentators. 

I switch on five minutes before the game and switch off at full time. 

That's good enough for me until we can actually get into the matches. 

upgotheheads

I certainly wouldn't be wanting to pour money into the SRU's pockets just so I can attend a live game over watching the live broadcasts, which have been very good.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That wasn't the experience in the English Premiership games. 

Current practice is no away fans and reduced crowds still make a lot of noise.

Just now, frankblack said:

Fair point.

Hibs' home and away form, for example, may back that theory but I reckon, with Hearts, nothing changed.

Starks Park aside, all our truly convincing performances and results were at Tynecastle and away we were very poor.

I'd be very wary of risking that next season when wins will be harder to come by.

jambo-in-furness
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You keep going on about the shit Hearts TV coverage. 

Not sure what your expecting ? 

We get to watch the game on TV without the constant drivel and pro OF bias of the BBC Scotland

Co - commentators. 

I switch on five minutes before the game and switch off at full time. 

That's good enough for me until we can actually get into the matches. 

Being a travelling fan myself, this is where I’m at,  plus moving to Murrayfield would cost the club extra,  playing in front of a reduced capacity at Tynecastle and probably not allowing to have catering facilities inside the ground is costly enough.  Keep what little money we can earn inside the football club.

4000 fans at Tynie would be much more impactful than 20,000 at Murrayfield. As much as I want to get back to watching games live I would rather keep them at Tynie and watch every 1 in 4 home games live.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Option 2 will still leave us short too.

I think option 2 is probably what the club has budgeted for, option 3 would be a tremendous bonus and if everyone took up option 1 we would go bankrupt (without AB/JA)