The Season Ticket Ad

jack D and coke

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Two things.

The ‘We are Hearts’ thing is a desperate attempt to regurgitate the ‘Only Hearts’ moniker we had last season which the club royally ****ed up in week one with Zlamals loan move to St. Mirren. If only the club had read the room the ‘Only Hearts’ message would still be rock solid. Sadly not the case.

And the brewery? It’s a distillery. 

Good grief!  It must be awful living in a deep self-induced depression.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• frankblack

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Made me realise just how much I’ve missed it. Got very emotional viewing it as it totally  hits the mark. I love the jambos!!!  

Yeh me too. Had a huge lump in my throat and felt a passion for our club I haven’t had for a few years. Last time I cried was when we lost the 2019 final when we came so close. Made me realise how much Hearts are a huge part of my life and how I long to be back in my seat. HHGH FTH

2 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Great ad, really makes you think about how much you miss the match day experience.

Wasn’t the old tennents brewery where the new Tynecastle high school pitches are just now? At the back of the prison officers club? I’m sure I  Could smell the brewery as a kid 

12 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

It’s all about standards Vicar 👍🏻

been here before
16 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Similar to living in a deep self induced dellusion I imagine.

Thought the ad was great and got me a bit emotional, especially since they used the FR version and then the fans singing at the end. I can’t ****ing wait to go back. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, been here before said:

This is the normal state for 99% of die hard football fans to be fair. Everyone believes their club might win something until they don't.

Edited by ToqueJambo

andythejambo
4 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Two things.

The ‘We are Hearts’ thing is a desperate attempt to regurgitate the ‘Only Hearts’ moniker we had last season which the club royally ****ed up in week one with Zlamals loan move to St. Mirren. If only the club had read the room the ‘Only Hearts’ message would still be rock solid. Sadly not the case.

Tynecastle used to be surrounded by Breweries, Tennents at Roseburn,  Caledonian in Wardlaw Street and McEwans in Fountainbridge. Plenty of "brewery" whiff dependent on wind direction. Only the Caledonian these days.

Edited by andythejambo
Info

This club knows how to pull at your heart strings who you are feeling disillusioned, purchase will made x 2 on Tuesday morning 

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, been here before said:

Plagiarism one of your other ills!

3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Plagiarism one of your other ills!

I suppose it’s better than slaverism 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nookie Bear

Realised that neither Robbie or Ann feature in the video. 

PR dept not as stupid as we thought 😃

21 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Two things.

I never even thought about it that way. Perhaps the club didn't read your room 👍

colinmaroon
12 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

I suppose it’s better than slaverism 🤷🏻‍♂️

However, when both are present, it leads to Spongbobsquarebrainism and is incurable.

26 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

However, when both are present, it leads to Spongbobsquarebrainism and is incurable.

🤣

2 hours ago, EH11 said:

I never even thought about it that way. Perhaps the club didn't read your room 👍

It’s quite obvious what the club are trying to achieve with the ‘We are Hearts’ message. It was in the palm of their hand at the end of last season. The ‘Only Hearts’ message was one we all got behind, a big F YOU to the SPFL. A ‘no one likes us we don’t care’ message. It’s all about us now, together, against everyone. Then BANG. All of it gone. And done by ourselves. 

Maybe you were abroad with no WiFi when this was going on in our room? 🤷🏻‍♂️

davemclaren

I’ve grown to really like the Frightened Rabbit version. Just thought I would mention that. 

We are Hearts. 😎

Jack Torrance

I've not watched it yet. Going by the reviews it sounds good. We deferred our tickets, so nothing to do this time around. I'm more interested to see if the product matches the marketing. It'll take a while for the club to win back my trust with their marketing, following the last debacle. Sad really but I hope it happens soon.

Carl Weathers
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve grown to really like the Frightened Rabbit version. Just thought I would mention that. 

We are Hearts. 😎

I love it. Bit different from the other two versions. I'm biased though as I love Frightened Rabbit.

I think the advert was great. I was quite emotional watching it. Makes me desperate to get back.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

I love it. Bit different from the other two versions. I'm biased though as I love Frightened Rabbit.

I think the advert was great. I was quite emotional watching it. Makes me desperate to get back.

Not the sort of band that I would normally listen to but I’ve listened to a bit of their stuff now ( undoubtedly due to the Hearts connection ) and I though it was very good. 

Auldbenches
3 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

It’s quite obvious what the club are trying to achieve with the ‘We are Hearts’ message. It was in the palm of their hand at the end of last season. The ‘Only Hearts’ message was one we all got behind, a big F YOU to the SPFL. A ‘no one likes us we don’t care’ message. It’s all about us now, together, against everyone. Then BANG. All of it gone. And done by ourselves. 

Maybe you were abroad with no WiFi when this was going on in our room? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think the club made an error with using Only Hearts in their marketing after hearing it from fans.  It's something the fans should keep going with but you can't expect the club to have that type of professional relationship with other clubs in Scotland, it would cost us in the long run.  Scottish football is a village and the club have to work with others.

Someone at the club was probably as angry as us when they decided to use it in marketing but there is no way the manager and board ro continue with it.  

You saying we shouldn't work with any Scottish clubs again except Partick etc? 

I would love it but we have to be real.

Edited by Auldbenches

On 29/05/2021 at 02:19, jack D and coke said:

https://twitter.com/jamtarts/status/1398292999134646272?s=21

I’m sure you’ve all seen it by now. I’ve watched it a few times and it gives me the feels...big time🇱🇻🥰

I haven’t heard a negative word about it...

Little things make season’s get off on the right note....

❤️

Pasquale for King
On 29/05/2021 at 15:42, andythejambo said:

Tynecastle used to be surrounded by Breweries, Tennents at Roseburn,  Caledonian in Wardlaw Street and McEwans in Fountainbridge. Plenty of "brewery" whiff dependent on wind direction. Only the Caledonian these days.

Indeed, but the smell that still wafts over from time to time and comes in through my window is from the distillery, it’s always been the same smell. 

Peakybunnet
On 29/05/2021 at 14:08, colinmaroon said:

:greatpost:

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, but the smell that still wafts over from time to time and comes in through my window is from the distillery, it’s always been the same smell. 

To be fair, I haven’t smelt ‘the smell’ at Tynecastle for 30/40 years. Either it’s being filtered out these days, no longer being being produced or my nose is shot from age. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, I haven’t smelt ‘the smell’ at Tynecastle for 30/40 years. Either it’s being filtered out these days, no longer being being produced or my nose is shot from age. 

Yeah it’s not that common anymore to be honest, probably something to do with stricter pollution laws perhaps. Certainly evokes all sorts of memories. 

Pasquale for King
16 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Realised that neither Robbie or Ann feature in the video. 

PR dept not as stupid as we thought 😃

Funny that eh 🤔. Sentimental guff. 

davemclaren
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

On man’s sentimental guff is another’s heart stirring lament. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

On man’s sentimental guff is another’s heart stirring lament. 

Definitely, some of us have been taken for a mug just once too many times and see through the propoganda, straight out of the last night of the proms. 
As it’s been mentioned the two most divisive characters at the club were kept well out of the way.

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

In fairness, I don’t think “**** all else to do so you may as well watch Hearts” is a great advertising slogan 🙂

davemclaren
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, some of us have been taken for a mug just once too many times and see through the propoganda, straight out of the last night of the proms. 
As it’s been mentioned the two most divisive characters at the club were kept well out of the way.

That’s certainly one perspective. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yourself and Been Here's a bore should have been give the job of promoting the ST sales. 

Would have been a right laugh🙄

On 29/05/2021 at 14:17, SMJ_1874 said:

Wasn’t the old tennents brewery where the new Tynecastle high school pitches are just now? At the back of the prison officers club? I’m sure I  Could smell the brewery as a kid 

It’s not a brewery, never ever at any time been a brewery, it’s a distillery, and has been a distillery since 1885

as for the mythical smell you are as likely to be smelling McFarlane Smith the pharmaceutical factory next door.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Yourself and Been Here's a bore should have been give the job of promoting the ST sales. 

Exactly, what is the point of them?  

Supporters should be spreading positivity, which leads to more sales. This provides bigger budget for playing squad, and hopefully we sign better players.

Robbie is going nowhere so it's better to shut up if you have nothing positive to say just now, IMHO.  However if you want to damage ticket sales to give our rivals a better chance...

davemclaren
16 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

It’s not a brewery, never ever at any time been a brewery, it’s a distillery, and has been a distillery since 1885

as for the mythical smell you are as likely to be smelling McFarlane Smith the pharmaceutical factory next door.

The toilets at the top corner of the shed had a mythical smell as well. 

Jeffros Furios
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The toilets at the top corner of the shed had a mythical smell as well. 

The river of pish that flowed from them was anything but mythical .

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The river of pish that flowed from them was anything but mythical .

True. 😂

On 30/05/2021 at 09:01, EH11 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

In fairness, I don’t think “**** all else to do so you may as well watch Hearts” is a great advertising slogan 🙂

The problem is folk might well have found better things or at least something more enjoyable to do. Banking on blind loyalty and a blatant attempt to tug on the heart strings might not be enough to convince some folk. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

It’s not a mythical smell, no matter where it comes from. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The problem is folk might well have found better things or at least something more enjoyable to do. Banking on blind loyalty and a blatant attempt to tug on the heart strings might not be enough to convince some folk. 

The video is pushing the Tynecastle (and general football) 'experience' which is fair enough at this time, although it is becoming abundantly clear also that it will be some time before we simply stroll along Gorgie Rd, walk through the turnstiles and watch a game.

Even mentioning The Somme didn;t do it for me...i may as well sign up for the Green Brigade :(

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Nobreath said:

Exactly, what is the point of them?  

Supporters should be spreading positivity, which leads to more sales. This provides bigger budget for playing squad, and hopefully we sign better players.

Robbie is going nowhere so it's better to shut up if you have nothing positive to say just now, IMHO.  However if you want to damage ticket sales to give our rivals a better chance...

So we just shut up, hand over more cash to be wasted by this regime and it’s dead duck chairman and manager. You think that’s a good sales technique? 

davemclaren
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

So we just shut up, hand over more cash to be wasted by this regime and it’s dead duck chairman and manager. You think that’s a good sales technique? 

That will be evidenced one way or other in the next few weeks. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

As funny as your grammar and spelling I suppose.

If we weren’t struggling with a crap manager there would be no need for this type of video. 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As funny as your grammar and spelling I suppose.

If we weren’t struggling with a crap manager there would be no need for this type of video. 

I don't think our perception of Robbie will have too much of an impact on ST sales.

If anything, these will be offset by the feelgood factor after hibs hibsed it!