The Season Ticket Ad

jack D and coke

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As funny as your grammar and spelling I suppose.

If we weren’t struggling with a crap manager there would be no need for this type of video. 

Wots rong wi Ma gramur likes 😁

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• frankblack

• Nookie Bear

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don't think our perception of Robbie will have too much of an impact on ST sales.

If anything, these will be offset by the feelgood factor after hibs hibsed it!

Well it does for me I’m afraid, nothing Hibs do make forget how bad we are under this regime unfortunately. 

davemclaren
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

As funny as your grammar and spelling I suppose.

If we weren’t struggling with a crap manager there would be no need for this type of video. 

Even when we had Burley and Vlad there were season ticket campaigns to promote ticket sales. 

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So we just shut up, hand over more cash to be wasted by this regime and it’s dead duck chairman and manager. You think that’s a good sales technique? 

At no time as anyone from Heart of Midlothian in my 58 years on this Earth, held a gun to my head and forced me to buy a ST or a ticket for a game.

I personally think the club put a fair bit of thought into the video. There have been no supporters in Tynecastle since early March 2020 and reminding supporters what they have missed is no bad thing.

Now unless you are an exceptional clairvoyant, no one at the moment knows what next season will hold.

Whether you wish to admit it or not.

Not having supporters in grounds last season played a big part in how the vast majority of teams performed.

Imagine actors in a play performing to an empty theatre, I can guarantee you that they will have performed a was bit below standard than what their performance would have been in front of a full house.

Contrary to yourself, I think the advert was spot on. The tone all the way through was just right.

Was a standard above the adverts of many other clubs.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

At no time as anyone from Heart of Midlothian in my 58 years on this Earth, held a gun to my head and forced me to buy a ST or a ticket for a game.

I personally think the club put a fair bit of thought into the video. There have been no supporters in Tynecastle since early March 2020 and reminding supporters what they have missed is no bad thing.

Now unless you are an exceptional clairvoyant, no one at the moment knows what next season will hold.

Not having supporters in grounds last season played a big part in how the vast majority of teams performed.

Imagine actors in a play performing to an empty theatre, I can guarantee you that they will have performed a was bit below standard than what their performance would have been in front of a full house.

Contrary to yourself, I think the advert was spot on. The tone all the way through was just right.

Spot on JF 👍

Got me thinking about that Hibs promotion video last season. 

The one with the two glaikit lassies in it😂

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Even when we had Burley and Vlad there were season ticket campaigns to promote ticket sales. 

No shit, not overly sentimental crap to try and con disillusioned fans vowing not to return until this regime leaves. 
From the majority of comments on here and social media it’s worked a treat so at least they’ve got something right for a change, a minority won’t fall for it though.

I prefer actions like good signings, videos and more crap like we’ve signed over the last five years won’t persuade me to renew. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Certainly had something as the ‘sentimental gush’ certainly had my eyes a bit moist.

The club, for me, isn’t any particular owner, director, manager, coach, player, supporter or whatever and it’s been tugging my heartstrings for as far as I can remember. 

Right, must get changed out of my Hearts jammies now. 

davemclaren

No shit, not overly sentimental crap to try and con disillusioned fans vowing not to return until this regime leaves. 
From the majority of comments on here and social media it’s worked a treat so at least they’ve got something right for a change, a minority won’t fall for it though.

I prefer actions like good signings, videos and more crap like we’ve signed over the last five years won’t persuade me to renew. 

That’s your choice but I can’t go through life for long carrying that much anger or bitterness. I’ll be back in  Tynecastle cheering on the team as soon as I can. I’ll have a good moan sometimes as well. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I didn’t say I knew what next season would hold, the evidence would suggest eye bleeding football. 
As for your lovely analogy about not having fans there are many examples of those who played well last season despite not having fans, Rangers/Norwich/City/Leicester/Brentford/Lille/Munich/Dortmund/Leipzig/Leeds and St Johnstone to name a few had great seasons or played great football. 
To be perfectly honest I’m not entirely sure having a critical full Tynecastle would’ve helped that team or manager last season, guys like Roberts/Frear/Popescu/Kastaneer/Halliday wouldn’t have taken well to the undoubted abuse they would’ve received. 
Im well aware we’ve not been in the ground since March 2020, I have to say I’m no hurry to get back at the minute. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That’s your choice but I can’t go through life for long carrying that much anger or bitterness. I’ll be back in  Tynecastle cheering on the team as soon as I can. I’ll have a good moan sometimes as well. 

Exactly the kind of loyalty the club is banking on taking advantage of. I’m sitting currently with a few years old Hearts black n grey GK top on. As for bitterness the money wasted under Budge/Levein and Neilson won’t ever be forgiven or forgotten. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly the kind of loyalty the club is banking on taking advantage of. I’m sitting currently with a few years old Hearts black n grey GK top on. As for bitterness the money wasted under Budge/Levein and Neilson won’t ever be forgiven or forgotten. 

The club banks on that loyalty every season to be fair. Sadly, I’m a supporter not a consumer. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The club banks on that loyalty every season to be fair. Sadly, I’m a supporter not a consumer. 

We all are, I would say they see us as both. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We all are, I would say they see us as both. 

They do. But for some their demand has always been less elastic than others. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

They do. But for some their demand has always been less elastic than others. 

Mines has been stretched to breaking point after all these years, I can now see why guys stop going, i could never understand it before. 

davemclaren

Mines has been stretched to breaking point after all these years, I can now see why guys stop going, i could never understand it before. 

I was one of the 2,500 ( or so ) that saw Hearts play Killie on the last day of the 1981 season after we had been relegated for a third time. I guess that indicates what quartile I’m in. 😄

Pasquale for King
Just now, davemclaren said:

I was one of the 2,500 ( or so ) that saw Hearts play Killie on the last day of the 1981 season after we had been relegated for a third time. I guess that indicates what quartile I’m in. 😄

Me too, the 70s were a hoot also. I can only hope new signings might dampen the disillusionment I feel at the minute. 

frankblack
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think we had some pretty dire attendances in the 90s too pre-JJ when we weren't in good form.

frankblack
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There has always been that section of moaners who threaten or boycott until Mercer/Robinson/Romanov/Budge is gone.

We are in a league where two teams will always have a far superior budget and most seasons will sweep up the silverware.

The Romanov years gave many a false sense of entitlement that wasn't there before.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well it does for me I’m afraid, nothing Hibs do make forget how bad we are under this regime unfortunately. 

Don't get me wrong, our management is second rate but i think folk just want to get back.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Imagine we had fans in when QotS scored that early goal a few days after Brora. Carnage. :o

No fans kept Robbie in a job imo

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There has always been that section of moaners who threaten or boycott until Mercer/Robinson/Romanov/Budge is gone.

We are in a league where two teams will always have a far superior budget and most seasons will sweep up the silverware.

The Romanov years gave many a false sense of entitlement that wasn't there before.

I wasn’t one of them, I was at the protests against the pie man, is my point. 
Ive always has high expectations for the club, passed down from my father and Grandad who watched us in the 50s. 
It’s suffering the garbage that makes the achievements more enjoyable, and the demand not to go back to the 70s or these last few years of frankly criminal performance of the “football” side. 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don't get me wrong, our management is second rate but i think folk just want to get back.

I get that, at the minute I don’t. 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Imagine we had fans in when QotS scored that early goal a few days after Brora. Carnage. :o

No fans kept Robbie in a job imo

Or when we were 3 nil

down to Raith etc. 

frankblack
26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wasn’t one of them, I was at the protests against the pie man, is my point. 
Ive always has high expectations for the club, passed down from my father and Grandad who watched us in the 50s. 
It’s suffering the garbage that makes the achievements more enjoyable, and the demand not to go back to the 70s or these last few years of frankly criminal performance of the “football” side. 

Those level of performances have been seen a lot more frequently and recently under various owners than the 70s.  Granted that the season 2019-20 was abysmal, and we had bad results in the 2021 cups.

If your expectation is that every season we will be challenging for 3rd or better then you are in for disappointment and might as well find something else to do with your time.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Those level of performances have been seen a lot more frequently and recently under various owners than the 70s.  Granted that the season 2019-20 was abysmal, and we had bad results in the 2021 cups.

If your expectation is that every season we will be challenging for 3rd or better then you are in for disappointment and might as well find something else to do with your time.

The first and should've been last season in the championship was good. There hasn’t been a decent season since. 
Leveins time in charge was a disaster and drove crowds downwards as he did in his first spell. 
You or anyone else on here doesn’t have to tell me what to do with my time. 
Having watched us from 1972 I know exactly what has happened in our history, we have massively under achieved and I’m sorry if you or any other happy clapper feels it’s ok to put up with it without demanding and expecting better, I don’t. 
This regimes propaganda doesn’t wash anymore.  

Edited by Pasquale for King

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The first and should've been last season in the championship was good. There hasn’t been a decent season since. 
Leveins time in charge was a disaster and drove crowds downwards as he did in his first spell. 
Having watched us from 1972 I know exactly what has happened in our history, we have massively under achieved and I’m sorry if you or any other happy clapper feels it’s ok to put up with it without demanding and expecting better, I don’t. 

So it will only be ‘happy clappers’ buying season tickets for next seen? Just who I know the type I’ll ( hopefully ) be sitting with. 

Bazzas right boot

The regimes propaganda..... 

😂😂😂

Ffs, Someone feed him his weetabix. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The regimes propaganda..... 

😂😂😂

Ffs, Someone feed him his weetabix. 

Had to have porridge today. A bitter taste in my mouth waking up to this nonsense. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

frankblack
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We finished 3rd in the first season and were 2nd when Robbie left first time.

Rewriting history to make your point sound more valid doesn't help your case.

Bazzas right boot

Had to have porridge today. A bitter taste in my mouth waking up to this nonsense. 

Where did you buy it from.. 

Morrisons, Asda, Lidl..... 😂

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So it will only be ‘happy clappers’ buying season tickets for next seen? Just who I know the type I’ll ( hopefully ) be sitting with. 

I didn’t say that did I, overly loyal and  easily pleased no

doubt. 

davemclaren
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t say that did I, overly loyal and  easily pleased no

doubt. 

Thanks, that’ll do me. My sort of people. 😄

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

We finished 3rd in the first season and were 2nd when Robbie left first time.

Rewriting history to make your point sound more valid doesn't help your case.

Yeah and it wax turgid awful stuff, as every season is with him as a manager no matter what club he’s had. 

Auldbenches
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Terrible times football wise, but I'm glad they were part of my formative years as a hearts fan.  Great memories.  Also not so good ones.  One of the worst for me was losing at east fife in the league.  

frankblack

Yeah and it wax turgid awful stuff, as every season is with him as a manager no matter what club he’s had. 

So you consider results like a 4-1 against Rangers as rank turgid stuff? :interehjrling:

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Terrible times football wise, but I'm glad they were part of my formative years as a hearts fan.  Great memories.  Also not so good ones.  One of the worst for me was losing at east fife in the league.  

There was plenty of bad times then but we finally got of that cycle of despair early 80s. 

kingantti1874

Good Ad Nothing gets me like that very first FOH add. Every time I think about going in the huff with hearts i get pulled back in. 

i ****ing love the hearts 

6 hours ago, Nobreath said:

Supporters should be spreading positivity, which leads to more sales. This provides bigger budget for playing squad, and hopefully we sign better players.

Robbie is going nowhere so it's better to shut up if you have nothing positive to say just now, IMHO.  However if you want to damage ticket sales to give our rivals a better chance...

In fairness it's more down to the club to actively attract sales, doesn't matter what supporters say. Two or three quality signings will force a surge in season ticket sales. If we were signing a Jimmy Dunne, a Jamie McGrath with his 17 St Mirren goals from midfield or the likes then people would get a lift and put their hand in their pocket to buy. It works both ways....give the fans something to be positive about and in return they'll fork out. The only people that could potentially damage season ticket sales are the ones in charge. It's up to them to encourage excitement and momentum for the fans.

Edited by jambonian

20 minutes ago, jambonian said:

In fairness it's more down to the club to actively attract sales, doesn't matter what supporters say. Two or three quality signings will force a surge in season ticket sales. If we were signing a Jimmy Dunne, a Jamie McGrath with his 17 St Mirren goals from midfield or the likes then people would get a lift and put their hand in their pocket to buy. It works both ways....give the fans something to be positive about and in return they'll fork out. The only people that could potentially damage season ticket sales are the ones in charge. It's up to them to encourage excitement and momentum for the fans.

I'm sure there will be one or two decent signings to help with sales, but I really find the negativity so tiresome and pointless.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

You couldn't have been that loyal in the first place. 

The present Hearts team are nowhere near as bad as the dross served up between 1976 through to 1982.

I remember being at a match when fans were actually having face to face arguments with players during a game. 

The players had threatened to go on strike over bonus payments when in actual fact they were lucky to be employed at all. 

Happy to say I had my say at them as well. 

The present squad are world beaters compared to that lot. 

frankblack
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

You couldn't have been that loyal in the first place. 

The present Hearts team are nowhere near as bad as the dross served up between 1976 through to 1982.

I remember being at a match when fans were actually having face to face arguments with players during a game. 

The players had threatened to go on strike over bonus payments when in actual fact they were lucky to be employed at all. 

Happy to say I had my say at them as well. 

The present squad are world beaters compared to that lot. 

I didn't start going for another ten years so was fortunate to miss that period.

9 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

I'm sure there will be one or two decent signings to help with sales, but I really find the negativity so tiresome and pointless.

It is tiresome yes but i think it's more to do with folk being concerned/unconvinced in who we sign, the quality we go for rather than being negative for the sake of it. There are one or two players that would definitely improve the team overall and it's up to the club to work out the best deals they can. However, we don't know who they are looking to sign so i can understand (not so much the negativity) the concern. Every fan wants us to sign the best prospects we can. Lots of players have been mentioned that are not (that) outwith our budget if you take who Hibs or Aberdeen would be looking at as well and if they are good enough then we have to be in there first. If straight cash deals are difficult then use player-plus-cash deals like we used to do, if possible. Even offer a future sell-on fee when/if we sell the said player on in a couple of years time. Deals could be done if the powers that be get stuck in and test the waters. If they don't then folk won't be convinced enough to dip in their pockets.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

So you consider results like a 4-1 against Rangers as rank turgid stuff? :interehjrling:

Was that not Cathro or am i missing something?

frankblack
8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Was that not Cathro or am i missing something?

Yeah, I might have got that wrong, as Neilson was gone after November.  However, we had a 2-0 win over Sevco under Neilson before he left, plus convincing wins elsewhere.

Looking at the results that season prior to him leaving (in 2nd) I'd say we were far from dull.  Plenty of goals.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._season#Premiership

Edited by frankblack

rudi must stay
On 29/05/2021 at 02:19, jack D and coke said:

https://twitter.com/jamtarts/status/1398292999134646272?s=21

I’m sure you’ve all seen it by now. I’ve watched it a few times and it gives me the feels...big time🇱🇻🥰

I haven’t heard a negative word about it...

Little things make season’s get off on the right note....

One of the best things I've ever seen