Gnanduillet still loved in Blackpool

Restonbabe

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, 151 said:

Wow.

I wish I could have even a small dose of your optimism.

So you think we have a 20 goal striker and a 10-15 goal striker in the Premier League? Plus 6 4+ goal midfielders. :rofl:

Maybe it's not a dose of optimism you've had right enough.

Well here’s the goals and assists stats from this season:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/top-scorers

In a short 27 game season we’ve scored 63 goals.

Or have I just made these stats up would you say? 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• Morgan

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

Spitonastranger
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Although some are not yet convinced, I’ve seen enough of him to know why he was liked at blackpool

You know when pundits insightfully say, “you need a guy who’ll get you a goal” ? He is that guy. The type who may not be the top scorer but the goals he scores are important ones. Something different to unlock the door in a tight game against a tough defensive unit.

I back him to get to 10 to 15 goals next season. So if boycie could get to that dream number of 20 and others GMS, Walker, Gino, Mceneff, Naismith, Haring  etc could all chip in with 4 or 5 each, we could be in a really seriously good position depending on who we can get to marshal things alongside Haring and Souttar... Keep the door shut at the back and we could be a potential cat among pigeons next season. 

Great post

Big Gnando is alright. Still unproven but he wasn't even 100% and still did OK. I think he'll be well decent next season now he's settled and got a pre season under him. 

Craig Herbertson

I was busking with a pal in Blackpool many years ago. Saw a bloke selling socks at three for a pound and was about to buy some. My pal was a streetwise market trader and knew the fellow. He advised me not to, as none of the socks would have toes. "Why does he sell them like that?" I said and my pal replied "Because he can".

The laughing clown at the funfair is laughing for a reason.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The thread reminds me of the days when before the Terrace and Shed were split and discussion could move seamlessly between football and almost anything else. 

But to bring the two together, when I used to have an ST at the Emirates, rushing to a game after work, I often picked up a bite to eat on the way at Greggs, the last takeaway before you turned off Holloway Road for the ground. The food was  a vast improvement on what was served at the stadium, or indeed is served from the concourses at Tynie.  A Greggs concession would do well at many football grounds. Is there one anywhere - I guess St James Park is the likeliest venue.

That’s not a bad shout FA, Hearts should rent out concessions to more popular eateries, would make a mint on match days, maybe not so much on classical music gigs🤔

Craig Herbertson
26 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

That’s not a bad shout FA, Hearts should rent out concessions to more popular eateries, would make a mint on match days, maybe not so much on classical music gigs🤔

Greggs or Baynes, that is the question.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I worked down in Lytham too and used to drink in The Taps next to The Clifton Arms where we used to stay. 

Cracking wee pub.

Great pub. 

davemclaren
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Of course we only ever had a couple of an evening as we were truly professional......

🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Jamstomorrow
4 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

My god didn’t know there were so many snobby *******s in our support 😂

Probably equalled by the 'chip  on the shoulder mentality' types.

Jamstomorrow
2 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Costa?  Maroon and white brand colour.   Ideal.

Barney bulge
16 hours ago, been here before said:

Blackpool.

The resort of choice for folk who buy their dinner from Greggs and their weekly messages at Morrisons.

That comment suggests You probably have a grudge because your barred from both for shoplifting. 
Or sacked from working there 

13 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

That comment suggests You probably have a grudge because your barred from both for shoplifting. 

Sounds to me he doesn't work and can't afford to go to Greggs because he's spent all his giro on rolling tobacco and bottles of Thunderbird.

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, martoon said:

We shop in Morrisons and...okay...here goes...we've holidayed in Benidorm 4//5 times over the years.

Hope the Made in Chels...Gorgie set go easy on me.

Benidorm is magic, been to blackpool twice, great for a weekend away.

love greggs and have shopped and worked in Morrisons.

J.T.F.Robertson

Only there the once. Was the first "dirty week" away with the ex-wife when we were engaged and before moving over here.

It was in May, iirc. Weather was mostly shite and I think we went to the "pictures" 4 or 5 times, Tora Tora Tora being the pick of the bunch. 😒

19 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Benidorm is magic, been to blackpool twice, great for a weekend away.

love greggs and have shopped and worked in Morrisons.

Benidorm's whatever you want it to be.

It's a big town and whatever you don't want any part of, Union Jack clad English, Celtic fans in their fitba taps, is easily avoided. 

We went about 5 times on the bounce around a decade ago and loved it.

Edit: not allowed in Greggs anymore, Harry. I've went from my usual 13st up to 14st In the last year and her indoors has got me on a diet/health kick.

Edited by martoon

TyphoonJambo
5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Superficially not but look a bit more carefully they have a lot in common. Beneath its fake superficial glitz Vegas is a modern day Blackpool. In fact Blackpool is at least more honestly tacky. IMO of course, maybe clouded by the fact that on my last visit to Vegas  I shared a hotel on the Strip with the North American Celtic Supporters Club holding their annual convention. If you want to insult Blackpool you could say they brought a taste of Blackpool to Vegas but they certainly looked at home there.

I feel your pain brother.

In all honesty though, I, and my mates, normally frequented the nine fine Irish men bar in New York New York. Usually full of american/Irish freedom fighting lovers.  It was piss easy to wind them up and, as for the Vegas fun part, like shooting fish in a barrel.

As for Blackpool, I have nothing to add. Apart from the fact that I once met big Fergie at the January pigeon sales there. And,he didn't punch me in the face.

been here before
53 minutes ago, Barney bulge said:

33 minutes ago, Ominous said:

Sounds to me he doesn't work and can't afford to go to Greggs because he's spent all his giro on rolling tobacco and bottles of Thunderbird.

Got to admire the loyalty of your average Morrisons punter.

21253500-0-image-a-26_1574266580841.thumb.jpg.ff36fc9b5b02f6992074cafe53976dea.jpg

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, jamboozy said:

American sports grounds are packed with concessions. Presumably they find it more profitable than trying to run their own facilities for a once in a fortnight or so operation. Is the Heneken zero bar in the main stand a concession?

Who would have predicted Blackpool being such a trigger word for the Gammons?

Anyway good to hear Gnando is fondly remembered at his old club.

adambraejambo
29 minutes ago, been here before said:

Got to admire the loyalty of your average Morrisons punter.

21253500-0-image-a-26_1574266580841.thumb.jpg.ff36fc9b5b02f6992074cafe53976dea.jpg

Is Whitley Bay and Asda ok. Sorry need to know as I not been down south since Covid but will change plans if you look down at them both. I'm  in Livingston though so we got  loads of bloody shops so all good for your recommendation.  Thanks in advance. 

6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Well here’s the goals and assists stats from this season:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian/top-scorers

In a short 27 game season we’ve scored 63 goals.

Or have I just made these stats up would you say? 

So Walker, Naismith and GMS have hit your target, in a league below. But thats provided you with the optimism they three can do the same next year, and Boyce and Gnanduillet can effectively double their goals.

In a league above. 

Fair enough mate.

coatbridgejambo
9 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

If you don't like Blackpool, Greggs or Morrisons then don't go - there are other choices - I don't see a need to look down your nose at those who do like such things. 

Just folk who are stuck so far up their own erse its unbelievable 

Rick James
19 hours ago, been here before said:

Blackpool.

The resort of choice for folk who buy their dinner from Greggs and their weekly messages at Morrisons.

Blackpool. So bad it's quite good.

Dive of a place but great for what it is.

Broxburn Jambo

On Main topic

I have high hopes for the Big Man next season

On Blackpool

I have relatives that stay there

It was the choice of me and the wife for our Honeymoon

I have been on numerous occasions, Grand National, taken my kids for pleasure beach, visiting relatives, Boys jolly, 

maroondevo52
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Morrisons is fine although I go to Tesco as it’s closer. 

Asda is the scaff’s choice of mainstream supermarket (at least the one at the Jewel is😂)

My wife's just nipped up there, it's our local and she's no in her nighty and housecoat.

46 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

My wife's just nipped up there, it's our local and she's no in her nighty and housecoat.

When I’m feeling flush I treat myself to a trip to Asda at the Jewell. Wee change of scene from Lidl and Aldi Musselburgh 

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Blackpool. So bad it's quite good.

Dive of a place but great for what it is.

This. Unless you’re with really shit people for company you can’t fail to have fun on Blackpool. 

Rick James
Just now, GinRummy said:

This. Unless you’re with really shit people for company you can’t fail to have fun on Blackpool. 

Was down in September on a stag. It wasn't the European trip we hoped for, but there sure were some stories.

pennyjambo22
8 hours ago, martoon said:

We shop in Morrisons and...okay...here goes...we've holidayed in Benidorm 4//5 times over the years.

Hope the Made in Chels...Gorgie set go easy on me.

I will raise you shopped at Morrison’s last night! Spent 3 nights in Blackpool last weekend and 9 of us had a ball including 1 hibby bro in law, and after last season and the CL years and what followed £25 from me. 🤔😂🇱🇻

maroondevo52
33 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

She’s going to look out of place😁

It's the slippers that get me 😀

James1874f
21 hours ago, been here before said:

Blackpool.

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, pennyjambo22 said:

I will raise you shopped at Morrison’s last night! Spent 3 nights in Blackpool last weekend and 9 of us had a ball including 1 hibby bro in law, and after last season and the CL years and what followed £25 from me. 🤔😂🇱🇻

Showed your hand to early there, Penny.

Back in the mid 1990's I did almost all my shopping at Presto's in St. James' Centre.

And...I'm proud of it.

1 hour ago, maroondevo52 said:

It's the slippers that get me 😀

Nighties are also very cool.  🤓

PhoenixHearts

I see the thread has just turned into class shaming with people judging where others shop or spend their holidays and has ****all to actually do with Gnanduillet.

Hearts, please. Sign a player. Release the new kits. Something. Anything. Please.

11 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

American sports grounds are packed with concessions. Presumably they find it more profitable than trying to run their own facilities for a once in a fortnight or so operation. Is the Heneken zero bar in the main stand a concession?

Couldn’t say. Not really into zero lagers, to me it’s like watching someone playing air guitar, going through the motions but no end product 🙁

been here before
3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I see the thread has just turned into class shaming with people judging where others shop or spend their holidays and has ****all to actually do with Gnanduillet.

Hearts, please. Sign a player. Release the new kits. Something. Anything. Please.

Adults who get excited about kits usually wear them whilst shopping in Morrisons.

21 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Wouldn't you like to know. I'm old enough to know never make judgement  about people on a site like this.

I shop in every supermarket except the take the pish shop, Sainsbury. Full of pretentious wankers. 

Anyway hopefully the big man does well. 

Jeffros Furios

Asda is full of undesirables but I do find myself in Home Bargains twice a week which makes me scum/pondlife .

Sainsburys has some tremendous talent .

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Adults who get excited about kits usually wear them whilst shopping in Morrisons.

I shop wherever is nearest tbh.

Only ever worn a kit in the chesser asda since it's next door to the 5 a side

22 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Oh leave them be. They are just insecure. 

Des, I'm loving that Succulent Chinese Meal logo. 

A meal? A succulent Chinese meal? Get your hands off my penis!

🙂

58 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I shop in every supermarket except the take the pish shop, Sainsbury. Full of pretentious wankers. 

Anyway hopefully the big man does well. 

I think it was Stephen Fry who said that they invented Sainsbury’s to ‘keep the riff-raff out of Waitrose’.  What a wit that Norwich City fan is.

On 28/05/2021 at 23:18, been here before said:

Blackpool.

Like a Greggs now and again, not so fond of morrisons....more an Asda person. What does that make me? 🤷‍♂️ Infact, I've even been known to buy the Greggs range from Iceland to bake in my own home so christ knows where that leaves me?!!

davemclaren
Just now, hmfcbilly said:

Like a Greggs now and again, not so fond of morrisons....more an Asda person. What does that make me? 🤷‍♂️ Infact, I've even been known to buy the Greggs range from Iceland to bake in my own home so christ knows where that leaves me?!!

In nutritional deficit I would imagine. 😄

5 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I think after reading most of the comments about shopping, it's fairly tongue in cheek for most of us (apart from the poster who made the silly original comment about Greggs and Morrisons yet seems he'll bent on digging a bigger hole instead of just shutting up!)

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In nutritional deficit I would imagine. 😄

Of course Dave 😉😂😂

Anyway, enjoy your break away @Restonbabe. After the past 14 months, it's good to get away from the house I bet. I myself just went to flamingo land earlier this week with my wife and 2 young kids. My wife and I thought it was a bit meh but our oldest (who is 6) had a ball and the 2 year old seemed to enjoy his 1st holiday since a trip to center parcs pre lockdown March 2020