Top Posters In This Topic

• FWJ

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• A Boy Named Crow

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Whoever this 'little sycophant' is, he's got your number 😉

Best he'll offer is a smiley. True to form in the post above yours. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Best he'll offer is a smiley. True to form in the post above yours. 

:lol:

On 05/06/2022 at 12:56, The Mighty Thor said:

Wait! You actually go abroad, like spend money to fly somewhere to go to a place like that? 

**** me. 

😂😂

That sort of situation, quite frankly, looks absolutely horrendous to me.

‘Each to their own’ and ‘Live and let live’ are two expressions that come to mind readily, but oh my goodness!

JudyJudyJudy

Happy to report I watched zero content of the Jubilee “ celebrations” looks like a missed deck all . 

Jambo-Jimbo
11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Happy to report I watched zero content of the Jubilee “ celebrations” looks like a missed deck all . 

I seen some snippits on the news or when flicking through channels, but that was about it.

Maple Leaf

There was a letter in the Toronto Star today.  It was presumably from a monarchist, and he was really angry that throughout the Jubilee weekend he hadn't seen a single Union Jack, a single piece of bunting, and zero special events to honour the Queen anywhere in Toronto.

Yep, same as me.  I didn't see any of those things either, but I'm not the least bit angry ... nor surprised.

• 3 weeks later...
The Mighty Thor

Overspent by £14 million?

Sweaty nonce tax?

Gawd bless 'em. Get that wee flag waved 😂

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Overspent by £14 million?

Sweaty nonce tax?

Gawd bless 'em. Get that wee flag waved 😂

There’s muppets on Kickback who lap it up.

Shooter McGavin

I think around £12 million of that was to pay-off the sweaty nonces victim,

Good O’l Blighty…

Jambo-Jimbo
The Real Maroonblood

Nucky Thompson

A Boy Named Crow
3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What a joke.

No wonder she goes about smiling and waving.

Duty, old bean,  it's her duty... to swan about smiling and waving at the flag waving* weirdos... while rinsing the country for millions!

Duty

* The cast off jizz from those flags would be murder!

8 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Bravo. Well deserved.

Saves her Majesty from going on strike :glorious:

:D

£19b the estate brings in. Whether we need the actual Family for the tourism is up for debate. The French do quite well. 

The English can do as they please as far as I'm concerned, it's their Royal family now. Ours were Murdered and then banished by turncoats nothing changes.

Maybe we'll reinstate our true Blues or elect a President with all powers post independence. Or Maybe we'll just put Anne on the thrown, so that Scotland can have 2 Annes in a row, 317 years apart. :thumb:

Edited by ri Alban

Nucky Thompson
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

£19b the estate brings in. Whether we need the actual Family for the tourism is up for debate. The French do quite well. 

The English can do as they please as far as I'm concerned, it's their Royal family now. Ours were Murdered and then banished by turncoats nothing changes.

Maybe we'll reinstate our true Blues or elect a President with all powers post independence. Or Maybe we'll just put Anne on the thrown, so that Scotland can have 2 Annes in a row, 317 years apart. :thumb:

Is it not our Royal family?

Elizabeth the first died unmarried and childless so the English crown went to James VI of Scotland.

Or am I missing something?

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Is it not our Royal family?

Elizabeth the first died unmarried and childless so the English crown went to James VI of Scotland.

Or am I missing something?

Indeed, James VI of Scotland was also James I of England, the son of Mary Queen of Scots, which makes the Queen a descendant of Mary Queen of Scots, but she's also a descendant of Robert the Bruce on her mothers side.

On the other side of the coin, the Catholic side of the Stuarts, we have Catherine Maxwell Stuart, 21st Lady Laird of Traquair, also being a descendant of Mary Queen of Scots, she also has a claim to the throne of the UK (amongst many others), expect the Act of Settlement (1701) prevents her from being eligible for the crown on count of her being a practicing Catholic.

However if Scotland were to become an Independent country, would the Act of Settlement (1701) still apply because that only covers the English & Irish Crowns, notwithstanding it also came into force 6 years before the Act of Union (1707) came into being.

Could an Independent Scotland have a Catholic monarch?

A Boy Named Crow
57 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Indeed, James VI of Scotland was also James I of England, the son of Mary Queen of Scots, which makes the Queen a descendant of Mary Queen of Scots, but she's also a descendant of Robert the Bruce on her mothers side.

On the other side of the coin, the Catholic side of the Stuarts, we have Catherine Maxwell Stuart, 21st Lady Laird of Traquair, also being a descendant of Mary Queen of Scots, she also has a claim to the throne of the UK (amongst many others), expect the Act of Settlement (1701) prevents her from being eligible for the crown on count of her being a practicing Catholic.

However if Scotland were to become an Independent country, would the Act of Settlement (1701) still apply because that only covers the English & Irish Crowns, notwithstanding it also came into force 6 years before the Act of Union (1707) came into being.

Could an Independent Scotland have a Catholic monarch?

Os the bit in bold right, or was the lineage effectively lost when Anne croaked without an heir, allowing the House of Hanover (our current betters) to take over? I think the Hanover who took the throne was Anne's cousin, or something. 

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The Scottish Royal family were obviously unpopular if they were banished after being murdered. 

Jambo-Jimbo
22 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Os the bit in bold right, or was the lineage effectively lost when Anne croaked without an heir, allowing the House of Hanover (our current betters) to take over? I think the Hanover who took the throne was Anne's cousin, or something. 

The Queen is a descendant of Mary Queen of Scots on one line through Mary's grandmother Margaret Tudor daughter of Henry VII and Henry VIII's sister.

Margaret married Henry Stewart and their son James became King James V who was the father of Mary Queen of Scots.  The Queen is a descendant through both the Stuart & the Tudor lines.

https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/research/learning/features/queen-elizabeth-ii-and-scotland

The House of Hanover are descended from the House of Stuart, Sophia of Hanover the mother of George I, was the daughter of Elizabeth Stuart & Frederick V King of Bohemia, Elector Palatine and Elizabeth was the daughter of James VI of Scotland, therefore George I of Hanover was the great grandson of James VI.

House of Hanover - https://britroyals.com/hanovertree.asp

House of Stuart -  https://britroyals.com/stuarttree.asp

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

So since the union of the crowns the Royal family became Scottish :biggrin2:

Just that ri goes on about England keeping their royal family 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So since the union of the crowns the Royal family became Scottish :biggrin2:

Just that ri goes on about England keeping their royal family 

And with the House of Hanover being direct descendants of the Stuarts, doesn't that mean that the current royal family have multiple lines of Scottish Royal ancestry, the Queen even more so as her mother was a descendent of Robert the Bruce as well.

Nucky Thompson
30 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And with the House of Hanover being direct descendants of the Stuarts, doesn't that mean that the current royal family have multiple lines of Scottish Royal ancestry, the Queen even more so as her mother was a descendent of Robert the Bruce as well.

:glorious:

A Boy Named Crow
45 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The Queen is a descendant of Mary Queen of Scots on one line through Mary's grandmother Margaret Tudor daughter of Henry VII and Henry VIII's sister.

Margaret married Henry Stewart and their son James became King James V who was the father of Mary Queen of Scots.  The Queen is a descendant through both the Stuart & the Tudor lines.

https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/research/learning/features/queen-elizabeth-ii-and-scotland

The House of Hanover are descended from the House of Stuart, Sophia of Hanover the mother of George I, was the daughter of Elizabeth Stuart & Frederick V King of Bohemia, Elector Palatine and Elizabeth was the daughter of James VI of Scotland, therefore George I of Hanover was the great grandson of James VI.

House of Hanover - https://britroyals.com/hanovertree.asp

House of Stuart -  https://britroyals.com/stuarttree.asp

Fair enough,  I'm man enough to admit my knowledge of 'early modern' monarchies isn't exactly tip top. I feel like I've learned something today.  What I'll do with this knowledge is anyone's guess 😂

Jambo-Jimbo
13 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Fair enough,  I'm man enough to admit my knowledge of 'early modern' monarchies isn't exactly tip top. I feel like I've learned something today.  What I'll do with this knowledge is anyone's guess 😂

As they say, everyday's a school day.   For all of us.

A Boy Named Crow
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

As they say, everyday's a school day.   For all of us.

If I ever win a pub quiz off the back of this,  I'll raise a glass to "Jambo-Jimbo".

Jambo-Jimbo
7 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

If I ever win a pub quiz off the back of this,  I'll raise a glass to "Jambo-Jimbo".

👍

Maple Leaf

I'm surprised that no-one on this thread, until now, has mentioned Charlie accepting millions of euros from a Saudi prince.  It was all in cash and stuffed in a suitcase, apparently.  Maybe more than once.

Charlie has acknowledged receiving the cash, but says it was all passed on to his charity.  Sounds legitimate to me, but I wonder if cash-in-a-suitcase is the normal method of receiving charitable donations by the Royal Family.

Using an internet bank transfer would be more convenient, one would think.

Jambo-Jimbo
51 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm surprised that no-one on this thread, until now, has mentioned Charlie accepting millions of euros from a Saudi prince.  It was all in cash and stuffed in a suitcase, apparently.  Maybe more than once.

Charlie has acknowledged receiving the cash, but says it was all passed on to his charity.  Sounds legitimate to me, but I wonder if cash-in-a-suitcase is the normal method of receiving charitable donations by the Royal Family.

It was from a Qatari former prime minister, but that's irrelevent who gave him the money, it's how it was given that's the problem.

I'm not sure what it's like in Canada but if I walked into a bank and deposited €1m in cash, they'd be wanting to know where the money had come from.......yes sir, a Qatari prince gave me the cash...that's all right then, not.  It'll be the same with a charity, as they'll need to know where the money came from, especially a large amount in cash.  Not a clever move from Charlie boy tbh.

The Royal family bank with Coutts, a private banker. Following describes a bit of the business - 

Until the 20th century Coutts was a clearing bank to the nobility and landed gentry, but then became a wealth manager to a wider range of clients, including entrepreneurs, entertainers, sportsmen, professionals, executives, lottery winners, and football players. The British Royal Family are notable clients; the bank is sometimes referred to as "the Queen's bank".[15][16] There are stringent requirements to being accepted as a client, not just based on financial assets. In 2001 prospective clients needed at least £500,000 in disposable funds;[16] in 2022 potential clients are asked "Are you looking to borrow £1m+?", or to use the bank's investment advisory services for assets over £1m+.[17]

It probably gives a bit more 'discretion' than walking into the Bank of Scotland on the High Street, if you could find one still open....

• 4 weeks later...
JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Can't wait for the prince of pegging episode in the crown.

It’s an odd one as some are saying on twitter that it’s a “gay “ practice ! Wrong we don’t need artificial “ pegs “ . I find it an intriguing concept really as the bum isn’t an exclusive “ gay “ area so if he’s into that that’s fine . Who cares really ? Hope she has a big peg as he looks like he has a big fat arse 😂

28 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s an odd one as some are saying on twitter that it’s a “gay “ practice ! Wrong we don’t need artificial “ pegs “ . I find it an intriguing concept really as the bum isn’t an exclusive “ gay “ area so if he’s into that that’s fine . Who cares really ? Hope she has a big peg as he looks like he has a big fat arse 😂

It's funny how "pegging" means different things to different people😅

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's funny how "pegging" means different things to different people😅

lol it’s an odd practice but to each his own really . One of my straight friends sheepishly told me one night , whilst he was drunk that his gf did this to him ! He thought i might be shocked 😳 my response “ and “. ? 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

lol it’s an odd practice but to each his own really . One of my straight friends sheepishly told me one night , whilst he was drunk that his gf did this to him ! He thought i might be shocked 😳 my response “ and “. ? 

I'd never heard of it until recently, in shooting, it means when a dog catches a bird or rabbit instead of flushing it out of cover, I was sending emails to an American I sold a trained Springer Spaniel to, he was looking for tips on keeping the I sold him on the straight and narrow, we were at cross purposes when I said he should avoid situations where the dog could peg stuff because he was a bugger for pegging if he thinks he could get away with it!!

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'd never heard of it until recently, in shooting, it means when a dog catches a bird or rabbit instead of flushing it out of cover, I was sending emails to an American I sold a trained Springer Spaniel to, he was looking for tips on keeping the I sold him on the straight and narrow, we were at cross purposes when I said he should avoid situations where the dog could peg stuff because he was a bugger for pegging if he thinks he could get away with it!!

Lollllll  “ bugger “ and “ pegging “ kinda go together lol 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Lollllll  “ bugger “ and “ pegging “ kinda go together lol 

I must admit, neither of us was sure that the other wasn't just taking the piss!!

I had to google it when he explained 😂 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

I must admit, neither of us was sure that the other wasn't just taking the piss!!

I had to google it when he explained 😂 

I first was made aware of it when there was a story about a goalie who liked to be pegged ! Can’t recall his name though ! 

Bonnie Prince Charlie
On 02/07/2022 at 15:52, Maple Leaf said:

I believe it was all stuffed in carrier bags from an expensive London shop. I withdrew a small amount of money from Standard Life recently, money I had paid in via a Civil Service pension scheme. It took 3 weeks for me to get my money as they "had to make sure I was not Money laundering". I wander what favours Prince Charles gave in return for this money to his "charity"? Hopefully once the Queen dies this royal family monstrosity will end.