The Royal family

HartleyLegend3

I P Knightley
57 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Def on her last legs . The royals and their spin Doctors and the Govt must think we can’t handle this news so

covering it up . The truth being when she dies pass on it’ll be a brief thought in most peoples heads then we move on to another media story . The royal tea towel brigade and the media will stretch it out as long as possible with faux mourning . Glad I have Netflix 

She's already brown bread but they've invested so much in these Jubilee celebrations that they're not able to wind back. You watch: if there's a balcony appearance, it will be behind a scratched perspex screen which distorts facial appearances but I have heard from a reliable source that Jeannette Charles has been hired for the Jubilee weekend.

Plus point is that all the flags, fences and stands outside Buck House can be kept up for a couple of weeks and recycled.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FWJ

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• A Boy Named Crow

JudyJudyJudy
38 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

She's already brown bread but they've invested so much in these Jubilee celebrations that they're not able to wind back. You watch: if there's a balcony appearance, it will be behind a scratched perspex screen which distorts facial appearances but I have heard from a reliable source that Jeannette Charles has been hired for the Jubilee weekend.

Plus point is that all the flags, fences and stands outside Buck House can be kept up for a couple of weeks and recycled.

Oh come on !!! Surely not ! 😂

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Normally a really sensible poster…are you serious? 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I think he’s at the wind up 😂😂

il Duce McTarkin
11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Why not? The Russians were famous for it.

Leonid Brezhnev had been dead for ages, they just used to stick a pole up his arse and wheel him out for the odd public appearance.

Edited by Dirk McClaymore

il Duce McTarkin
5 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

A load of outdated elitist pish !! 

Prove it.

Unknown user
13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

A half deid lizard entity is better than a deluded jug eared twat, according to palace sources 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Leonid Brezhnev had been dead for ages, they just used to stick a pole up his arse and wheel him out for the odd public appearance.

:tlj:

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

If she outlasts David Attenborough I'm calling revolution

She may well do so...but not Keith Richards. Not even a sea turtle will outlive him !

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, Boab said:

She may well do so...but not Keith Richards. Not even a sea turtle will outlive him !

I wonder when he'll be declared beastly. I hope we're not waiting til he croaks, I want to see it in my lifetime

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh come on !!! Surely not ! 😂

50 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I pressed "submit reply" without adding the tin hat emoji :biglaugh:. That said, I'd be interested to see wht the cancellation policy is on all the scaffolding they've been putting up in front of the palace... bet there isn't one.

"Normally" sensible but sometimes I'll branch out into the world of whimsy. I impressed myself that I remembered Jeanette Charles's name without resorting to Google. The top bosses at my work are Masons and always refer to her as "Her Majesty". You should have seen the looks on their faces when I suggested the Weekend at Bernie's scenario.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I pressed "submit reply" without adding the tin hat emoji :biglaugh:. That said, I'd be interested to see wht the cancellation policy is on all the scaffolding they've been putting up in front of the palace... bet there isn't one.

"Normally" sensible but sometimes I'll branch out into the world of whimsy. I impressed myself that I remembered Jeanette Charles's name without resorting to Google. The top bosses at my work are Masons and always refer to her as "Her Majesty". You should have seen the looks on their faces when I suggested the Weekend at Bernie's scenario.

😂😂 the world is bonkers now so stranger things have happened 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

To define my point I mean I post absolutely steaming and all the rest a fair bit😬and I don’t notice these sorts of irrational types of posts from yourself😂

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

In a nutshell, Jeffros. Time to disassociate the Royal family from the state. They can do anything they want, within the bounds of legality, but from now on they should represent themselves, not us.

Edited by redjambo

I P Knightley
39 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

To define my point I mean I post absolutely steaming and all the rest a fair bit😬and I don’t notice these sorts of irrational types of posts from yourself😂

It's been a few years since I posted pished. All errors and ramblings are entirely my own.

John Gentleman

She won't be gone until she's deid. She committed herself at her coronation. When Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands (sensibly) abdicated, she remarked, "How terribly Dutch!". In other words, "How terribly not English".

That whole family really do live in a different zone of time and space. Perhaps with the exception of Harry. He knows the gemme's a bogey.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

She won't be gone until she's deid. She committed herself at her coronation. When Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands (sensibly) abdicated, she remarked, "How terribly Dutch!". In other words, "How terribly not English".

That whole family really do live in a different zone of time and space. Perhaps with the exception of Harry. He knows the gemme's a bogey.

Yes he got out . Good on him 

Jambo-Jimbo
10 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

Yes, she belives that it's God's will, God put her there and only God will decide when her reign comes to an end, so yes she's there until she dies.

Pans Jambo
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yes, she belives that it's God's will, God put her there and only God will decide when her reign comes to an end, so yes she's there until she dies.

Religion and the Monarchy. Two of the most outdated pesh on the planet!

On your knees to one until you die, and on your knees to the other one until you die.

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Succinct yet accurate.

Kings, queens, princes, princesses, dukes, duchesses, all living off the public purse ... but only if you pop out of the correct womb.  In 2022!  :rofl:

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

On your knees to one until you die, and on your knees to the other one until you die.

Totally agree.

The Real Maroonblood

👍

jamboy1982

If it came to it then I’d put more faith in the imaginary bearded guy in the clouds than that evil bitch 

Edited by jamboy1982

People don’t half get themselves into a froth about the monarchy.

But, yeah, let’s do what the Russians did (maybe apart from gunning-down children?) because that turned out well, didn’t it?  Indeed it’s still turning out well….

I P Knightley
15 minutes ago, FWJ said:

But, yeah, let’s do what the Russians did (maybe apart from gunning-down children?) because that turned out well, didn’t it?  Indeed it’s still turning out well….

How about the French?

6 hours ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

They did that with Bruce Forsyth on Strictly

50 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

How about the French?

Didn’t they have another couple of stabs at it in the 19th Century?

How about Norway?  When they split from Sweden in 1905 they decided a constitutional monarchy was the way for them.  Seems to work fine.

Edited by FWJ

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not seeing much evidence of people “on their knees” on this thread.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
10 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Def on her last legs . The royals and their spin Doctors and the Govt must think we can’t handle this news so

covering it up . The truth being when she dies pass on it’ll be a brief thought in most peoples heads then we move on to another media story . The royal tea towel brigade and the media will stretch it out as long as possible with faux mourning . Glad I have Netflix 

Binge watching the Crown or the Royals?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Binge watching the Crown or the Royals?

Eh no Thanks ! 😂

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, FWJ said:

Didn’t they have another couple of stabs at it in the 19th Century?

How about Norway?  When they split from Sweden in 1905 they decided a constitutional monarchy was the way for them.  Seems to work fine.

Norway is a pretty good shout.  They asked the prince of Denmark as above, and King Hakkan (as he became, taking a Norwegian name) was and is still universally popular.  I think he was voted Norwegian of the century in a popular vote not so long ago.  He insisted Norway did not surrender to the Nazi’s, had a hazardous but heroic escape and led the resistance from London.  The film “The Kings Choice” covers this and is an excellent watch.

The Mighty Thor

A brilliant take on the farcical nature of this country and the shape shifters....

Der Kaiser

image.png.39d09e8c3a5e48771b296fbca1c2b787.png

A Prince.....wearing lots of medals to commemorate a Queens reign.....sitting on a golden throne..... beside his mummy's bejeweled crown......telling us about the cost of living crisis......

Is the irony lost on anyone?

The Real Maroonblood
43 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

A brilliant take on the farcical nature of this country and the shape shifters....

42 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

image.png.39d09e8c3a5e48771b296fbca1c2b787.png

A Prince.....wearing lots of medals to commemorate a Queens reign.....sitting on a golden throne..... beside his mummy's bejeweled crown......telling us about the cost of living crisis......

Is the irony lost on anyone?

Embarrassing. 

Yet the gullible lap it up.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Pretty sure poverty would still exist in a British republic.

We'll find out one day. :10900:

Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, FWJ said:

Not seeing much evidence of people “on their knees” on this thread.

We’re all woke maaannn

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Pans Jambo said:

We’re all woke maaannn

:laugh2:

I hope bowed when you posted that.

John Findlay

Personally thought Ricky Tomlinson and Sue Johnson were excellent in it.

Edited by John Findlay

John Gentleman
14 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Can't they just equip her with one of yon mobility scooter things? They can paint it gold, with diamond encrusted trims.

Unknown user
7 hours ago, FWJ said:

I feel like there might just be some sort of mental middle ground between having a family of lizard creatures born to reign over us, and adopting an oppressive and violent form of communism.

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I feel like there might just be some sort of mental middle ground between having a family of lizard creatures born to reign over us, and adopting an oppressive and violent form of communism.

It'll never catch on...how could a country possibly function without an arbitrary, poorly educated, out of touch figurehead overseeing things???

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Of course there is - but there’s also a middle ground between being a forelock-tugging, knee-bending, Union Jack-bedecked, Jubilee teacup-collecting monarchist and feeling that if the country were a republic it would be a new paradise where flogging off palaces and crowns would end our money woes forever.

Being a monarchy doesn’t seem to have held back places like the Netherlands, Sweden and Luxembourg (ok it’s a Grand Duchy).  I just think if it ain’t broke why fix it?  In what ways would the country be better if it were a republic?

A Boy Named Crow
18 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Of course there is - but there’s also a middle ground between being a forelock-tugging, knee-bending, Union Jack-bedecked, Jubilee teacup-collecting monarchist and feeling that if the country were a republic it would be a new paradise where flogging off palaces and crowns would end our money woes forever.

Being a monarchy doesn’t seem to have held back places like the Netherlands, Sweden and Luxembourg (ok it’s a Grand Duchy).  I just think if it ain’t broke why fix it?  In what ways would the country be better if it were a republic?

I think the argument is ideological  / philosophical.  Is there an impact on the country of there being a ruling class, headed by a ruling family, that nobody can get rid of? Many would say there was.  It's linked to all the old etonian BS too. 

I'm not saying on day one the country would become a utopia, but it's possible that a truly egalitarian, democratic society would be one that over time would become more equitable. 

... it's one way of looking at it