The Royal family

HartleyLegend3

10 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Meghan has dropped a sprog

gone for the sympathy vote big time with the name 

Lilibet (Lili) Diana

The couple said they named their second child Lilibet after the Royal Family's nickname for the Queen, the baby's great-grandmother.

Her middle name, Diana, was chosen to honour her "beloved late grandmother", The Princess of Wales, the statement said.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FWJ

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• A Boy Named Crow

Captain Slog
34 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Lili (Lillith) was also an antediluvian demon who represented evil, Greed, treachery.  She quickly ditched Adam when someone better came along.   Meghan would have been better off adopting this name herself, suits her perfectly.

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Was exactly my first thoughts when I heard about it.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Somebody really needs to get ginge dna tested. 

Totally agree, it would explain much, and honesty I was always told is the best policy, mind you mother was the one that told me when I was a baby they found me under a cabbage. Probably true I had a lot of similarities, smart as, looked like, ears like.

Another gripe about RF and TV from me. 

Why is the republican viewpoint never aired on TV ? 

Yesterday and today on TV we have been subjected to a barrage of drooling, subservient shite from so called 'celebrities' on TV all trying their hardest to make sure they are not forgotten when queen's honours is handed out. 

The RF are never questioned and scandals are skilfully downplayed. 

There must be some people in our media who disapprove of Royalty, surely. 😕

37 minutes ago, luckydug said:

People who angrily tell other people to love their country, be a patriot and stop being offended are the biggest snowflakes around. They just can't cope with the opposing view. 

I'm very much for cutting the Royal family down even more savagely than they already have over the years.

40 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Another gripe about RF and TV from me. 

Yesterday and today on TV we have been subjected to a barrage of drooling, subservient shite from so called 'celebrities' on TV all trying their hardest to make sure they are not forgotten when queen's honours is handed out. 

The RF are never questioned and scandals are skilfully downplayed. 

There must be some people in our media who disapprove of Royalty, surely. 😕

Career suicide if you’re MSM and start questioning their behaviour.

17 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

People who angrily tell other people to love their country, be a patriot and stop being offended are the biggest snowflakes around. They just can't cope with the opposing view. 

I'm very much for cutting the Royal family down even more savagely than they already have over the years.

Good idea, like the way the French did.

14 hours ago, Sharpie said:

Totally agree, it would explain much, and honesty I was always told is the best policy, mind you mother was the one that told me when I was a baby they found me under a cabbage. Probably true I had a lot of similarities, smart as, looked like, ears like.

On ears, he sure doesn't have Chucks open taxi doors does he. The Hewitt line is strong though. Chuck knew it as soon as he laid eyes. 

On 06/06/2021 at 12:49, Captain Slog said:

Lili (Lillith) was also an antediluvian demon who represented evil, Greed, treachery.  She quickly ditched Adam when someone better came along.   Meghan would have been better off adopting this name herself, suits her perfectly.

:wtfvlad:

It's lillibet, not Lillith or any other supernatural character. Lillibet because the Queen cuidnae say Elizabeth when she's was a kid. 

Maple Leaf

My wife reads Hello! magazine and she's just quoted an article about Prince Philip.

He left an estate valued at £52 million.  Think about that.  That guy was as poor as a church mouse when he married Elizabeth yet, despite living a life of extreme luxury for the past 70 years, he has also been able to stash away about £700,000 per year.

Where did all that money come from?  Maybe he was paid some obscene salary all these years, or the Queen has been giving him generous pocket money. Not bad for snipping a few ribbons every now and then.

Why does anyone think that these spongers are worth it? 

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Maple Leaf said:

My wife reads Hello! magazine and she's just quoted an article about Prince Philip.

He left an estate valued at £52 million.  Think about that.  That guy was as poor as a church mouse when he married Elizabeth yet, despite living a life of extreme luxury for the past 70 years, he has also been able to stash away about £700,000 per year.

Where did all that money come from?  Maybe he was paid some obscene salary all these years, or the Queen has been giving him generous pocket money. Not bad for snipping a few ribbons every now and then.

Aye but the tourists......the benefit to the economy.

My hairy hoop. 

A Boy Named Crow
5 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Saw this ^^^ and felt compelled to say something...

5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Aye but the tourists......the benefit to the economy.

My hairy hoop. 

...but I can't do better than this ^^^

Governor Tarkin
6 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Treason.

Get them strung up.

Shanks said no
On 06/06/2021 at 17:26, CJGJ said:

Lilibet (Lili) Diana

The couple said they named their second child Lilibet after the Royal Family's nickname for the Queen, the baby's great-grandmother.

Her middle name, Diana, was chosen to honour her "beloved late grandmother", The Princess of Wales, the statement said.

Report just on BBC, the Queen and Palace were not asked / consulted about using the Queen’s childhood nickname.

So newsworthy, so relevant, so utterly tragic in this day and age. 

The Mighty Thor
7 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

Only a matter of time before the obvious questions were raised regarding the empire and just how it was britannia managed to rule the waves?

HartleyLegend3
26 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Only a matter of time before the obvious questions were raised regarding the empire and just how it was britannia managed to rule the waves?

That discussion has been avoided for a long time. I remember having a conversation with a guy on twitter who was convinced the people of India 🇮🇳 should be thankful for the brits. "We brought them roads" apparently.   

Governor Tarkin
33 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

just how it was britannia managed to rule the waves?

The same way that every other country with the capability was trying to, or would have.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The same way that every other country with the capability was trying to, or would have.

Through might !

Anyone who can read, can easily learn about how countries’ wealth and empire was made. 
It’s history and that’s that. I’m currently reading Empire of the Seas by Brian Lavery and it’s a good read. 
The wrongs of hundreds of years ago are history. It’s the future that’s unwritten. 
People can disagree with present day monarchies but I feel it’s daft to blame modern monarchs for the actions of past leaders. 
What’s next ? Demanding an apology from Liz for Britain’s colonial past ?

C’mon tae **** !

jack D and coke
22 minutes ago, Boab said:

Through might !

Anyone who can read, can easily learn about how countries’ wealth and empire was made. 
It’s history and that’s that. I’m currently reading Empire of the Seas by Brian Lavery and it’s a good read. 
The wrongs of hundreds of years ago are history. It’s the future that’s unwritten. 
People can disagree with present day monarchies but I feel it’s daft to blame modern monarchs for the actions of past leaders. 
What’s next ? Demanding an apology from Liz for Britain’s colonial past ?

C’mon tae **** !

All true. It’s the clowns that are still proud of it that need the backhanders. I’m neither proud nor embarrassed of anything Britain done it’s got nothing to do with me :lol: I won’t apologise but I’m sure as hell not proud of the way our ancestors marched (or were sent by their upper class masters) into foreign countries, killed and enslaved and stole trillions and trillions of their wealth to enrich the upper class further. 
I saw a an argument on FB last night between Scotland fans and the Rangers. The huns all saying how they don’t like Scotland anymore because of kilts or the SNP or something yet clicking on their profiles was both hilarious and depressing. All UJ’s, spitfires, rule Britannia, posts about how Britain is losing its indentity, no black in the UJ etc etc. Look at the clowns in balaclava’s in NI marching last week these are ra people that won’t move on and keep Britain’s riddy glowing in plain sight.

Brexit is the latest one...It’s gave some people here a sense of glorious past. A past that has nothing to do with them. The British people are still played by their upper class peers as brexit has sadly proved. The people in this hereditary nonsense system all showing them flags and making them think it means something to them and it’s getting worse under this govt. They’ll still die for it and come home in pieces wrapped in this flag. Average joes thinking they’ve died for something...surely that’s mental? I’m not dissing any armed forces btw these guys are something else when you listen to their stories. 
The royal family is at the very top of this nonsense imo. The sooner it’s gone the better. 

SectionDJambo
11 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The Royal Family members aren't the only ones making money out of their institution. So many people pop up on television and in the media every time they think there's a news story about the Royals that they can earn from.  

The latest being the predictable, but nonsensical fuss being made by some of the press and these random "Royal Experts" over the name of the Queen's latest great grandchild. I overheard one such individual spouting that the Queen would be "furious" about the name given to the baby. How the hell would she know what the Queen is thinking?

I would imagine that the Queen would have no contact with, and keep as far away as possible from, these nutters who feed on the insatiable appetite that the English public, in particular, have for any Royal Family gossip. Yet their opinions are lapped up by the same public who vilified one of the Royal Family for wanting to get him and his family as far away from them as possible.

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

All true. It’s the clowns that are still proud of it that need the backhanders. I’m neither proud nor embarrassed of anything Britain done it’s got nothing to do with me :lol: I won’t apologise but I’m sure as hell not proud of the way our ancestors marched (or were sent by their upper class masters) into foreign countries, killed and enslaved and stole trillions and trillions of their wealth to enrich the upper class further. 
I saw a an argument on FB last night between Scotland fans and the Rangers. The huns all saying how they don’t like Scotland anymore because of kilts or the SNP or something yet clicking on their profiles was both hilarious and depressing. All UJ’s, spitfires, rule Britannia, posts about how Britain is losing its indentity, no black in the UJ etc etc. Look at the clowns in balaclava’s in NI marching last week these are ra people that won’t move on and keep Britain’s riddy glowing in plain sight.

Brexit is the latest one...It’s gave some people here a sense of glorious past. A past that has nothing to do with them. The British people are still played by their upper class peers as brexit has sadly proved. The people in this hereditary nonsense system all showing them flags and making them think it means something to them and it’s getting worse under this govt. They’ll still die for it and come home in pieces wrapped in this flag. Average joes thinking they’ve died for something...surely that’s mental? I’m not dissing any armed forces btw these guys are something else when you listen to their stories. 
The royal family is at the very top of this nonsense imo. The sooner it’s gone the better. 

I hear what you’re saying. My only point is, doing away with the monarchy won’t erase the past. It’s there. Oxford Uni can take down a pic of Liz if they want but it won’t right any wrongs. 
It’s a token gesture. 
I hope they don’t replace it with Sir Walter Raleigh, who studied there and had an interesting past ! Or even worse, Thatcher !

Where do you stop is the point here.

jack D and coke
Just now, Boab said:

I hear what you’re saying. My only point is, doing away with the monarchy won’t erase the past. It’s there. Oxford Uni can take down a pic of Liz if they want but it won’t right any wrongs. 
It’s a token gesture. 
I hope they don’t replace it with Sir Walter Raleigh, who studied there and had an interesting past ! Or even worse, Thatcher !

We need more token gestures imo. 

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

It’s a token gesture. 

Get the pictures down. Rename all the buildings and hospitals and colleges etc that have their pish titles pinned on to them to keep us servile and in awe of them and their parasite offspring. When will this shit end?! 
Basically get the royal family tae **** is what I’m saying ☺️

Edited by jack D and coke

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The huns all saying how they don’t like Scotland anymore because of kilts or the SNP or something yet clicking on their profiles was both hilarious and depressing. All UJ’s, spitfires, rule Britannia, posts about how Britain is losing its indentity, no black in the UJ etc etc. Look at the clowns in balaclava’s in NI marching last week these are ra people that won’t move on and keep Britain’s riddy glowing in plain sight.

I used to lap all this stuff up when I was an impresionable teenager, but even then it was mostly just football related shits and giggles.

Like pretty much everybody else I knew that it was a load of shite but was tagging along for the ride. The tribal us-and-them lark was fun for a young man coursing with amphetamines and testosterone.

Folk that let it inform their politics or real-life worldview could do with a spot of education and a crash course in social awareness imo.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Rename all the buildings and hospitals and colleges etc that have their pish titles pinned on to them to keep us servile and in awe of them and their parasite offspring. When will this shit end?! 

I'd abolish the monarchy once the current HMQ cashes up her chips, and stop with the naming of future buildings etc.

The current lot of buildings should keep their names. Anything else is revisionist, and not particularly conducive to what the historical process should really be about.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

That discussion has been avoided for a long time. I remember having a conversation with a guy on twitter who was convinced the people of India 🇮🇳 should be thankful for the brits. "We brought them roads" apparently.   

If the roads are anything like this country’s roads they must be shite.

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I used to lap all this stuff up when I was an impresionable teenager, but even then it was mostly just football related shits and giggles.

Like pretty much everybody else I knew that it was a load of shite but was tagging along for the ride. The tribal us-and-them lark was fun for a young man coursing with amphetamines and testosterone.

Folk that let it inform their politics or real-life worldview could do with a spot of education and a crash course in social awareness imo.

So did I yeah. I was such a bigot when I was younger and I’m pretty embarrassed about it even if it does still resurface from time to time when we play the tims☺️😂

I think you said on the social media thread that you’re glad there wasn’t something like that when we were all a bit younger...I shudder to think of the stuff I might’ve posted tbh. 

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I'd abolish the monarchy once the current HMQ cashes up her chips, and stop with the naming of future buildings etc.

The current lot of buildings should keep their names. Anything else is revisionist, and not particularly conducive to what the historical process should really be about.

We’ll get what England decides bud. Just like any other big vote. 
Imagine we still have this bullshit in 30,40 or even 50 years?? Our grandkids still listening to England fans singing GSTQ at world cups and throwing garden furniture at the locals because they think it’s what they’re supposed to do to show the world. 

28 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Get the pictures down. Rename all the buildings and hospitals and colleges etc that have their pish titles pinned on to them to keep us servile and in awe of them and their parasite offspring. When will this shit end?! 
Basically get the royal family tae **** is what I’m saying ☺️

Hmm.. not so sure that would solve anything really. I’ll wager some of those involved in this will use the name, Magdalen College, quite freely when they graduate and are looking for work. When it suits them, is my point. 
If anyone should know their history, it’s these kids ! They’ll know their college fought with the Royalists in the English Civil War. A bit of hypocrisy going on here I reckon. Probably all forgotten when they get that cushy job that their college name helped them get.

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Imagine we still have this bullshit in 30,40 or even 50 years?? Our grandkids still listening to England fans singing GSTQ at world cups and throwing garden furniture at the locals because they think it’s what they’re supposed to do to show the world. 

They'd be throwing garden furniture at the locals regardless, bud. 

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Hmm.. not so sure that would solve anything really. I’ll wager some of those involved in this will use the name, Magdalen College, quite freely when they graduate and are looking for work. When it suits them, is my point. 
If anyone should know their history, it’s these kids ! They’ll know their college fought with the Royalists in the English Civil War. A bit of hypocrisy going on here I reckon. Probably all forgotten when they get that cushy job that their college name helped them get.

However, do we want to live in a society where people aren't allowed to express their opinions (as long as they don't adversely affect others of course)? The students using that common room voted to remove the painting, which had only been up since 2013 anyway, and that's where the story should end. It's the folk reacting against that decision with comments like "absurd", "outrageous" and "scandalous" that is the real problem here. Very much along the same line as poppy shaming.

30 minutes ago, redjambo said:

However, do we want to live in a society where people aren't allowed to express their opinions (as long as they don't adversely affect others of course)? The students using that common room voted to remove the painting, which had only been up since 2013 anyway, and that's where the story should end. It's the folk reacting against that decision with comments like "absurd", "outrageous" and "scandalous" that is the real problem here. Very much along the same line as poppy shaming.

Of course, red.

The media love this shit. It’s where it ends that’s the question.

Governor Tarkin
49 minutes ago, redjambo said:

However, do we want to live in a society where people aren't allowed to express their opinions? The students using that common room voted to remove the painting, which had only been up since 2013 anyway, and that's where the story should end. It's the folk reacting against that decision with comments like "absurd", "outrageous" and "scandalous" that is the real problem here. Very much along the same line as poppy shaming.

Is reacting to the students decision to remove the picture with comments like "absurd", "outrageous" and "scandalous" not just people being allowed to express their opinion? And if so, how is it the "real problem here"?

13 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

No doubt there was a bunch of protests that passed me by, as I spent my time trying to take as many drugs and sleep with as many females as I could. 

Students/young people doing pretty much what every other generation has done, get older generation annoyed about something that matters not a jot in the grand scheme of things.

Both salient points.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
40 minutes ago, Boab said:

It’s where it ends that’s the question.

Hopefully with a victory for republicanism.

46 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Students/young people doing pretty much what every other generation has done, get older generation annoyed about something that matters not a jot in the grand scheme of things.

In a nutshell.

Do they still play the National Anthem at the end of the last movie for the night at the cinema,  do they still play the National Anthem before the start of a Hearts game, do the kids still sing the Anthem before class starts at school, if not you guys aren't even a wee bit Royal, I was raised to sing, think and believe everything loyal, joined the Army swore an oath to the Queen, I seem to remember there may have been some mention in the police oath. The system is dying, time is catching up on it and the Royals themselves. Charles and Diana, Harry and his nonsense, the whole thing has lost its mystique, the biggest problem how do you get rid of it, consider the costs and how to cover them, change the laws and enable the government to retrieve from them the  millions they gathered during their family reign , and regain some of that as costs for what the government namely the people paid for. Its 2021, surely there has to be someone with the brain, fortitude and desire to bring forth an end to a system that would appear to have reached its ultimate end, or a more simple question, has it?

• 1 month later...
jack D and coke

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/28/queen-secretly-lobbied-scottish-ministers-climate-law-exemption?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other
Royals are lovely. Never interfere in anything. Flying about in private jets and making herself exempt from those pesky green thingwys that are destroying the planet. That’s for us knobs to adhere to. 

jack D and coke
Savage Vince
25 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/28/queen-secretly-lobbied-scottish-ministers-climate-law-exemption?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other
Royals are lovely. Never interfere in anything. Flying about in private jets and making herself exempt from those pesky green thingwys that are destroying the planet. That’s for us knobs to adhere to. 

She really is a vile little woman.. 

• 7 months later...
Ainsley Harriott

I'm rather fond of our Royal Family. Granted Andrew is a bad egg but on the whole they are marvelous institute and source of national pride. If you dont like them then feck off and live elswhere 😀

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I'm rather fond of our Royal Family. Granted Andrew is a bad egg but on the whole they are marvelous institute and source of national pride. If you dont like them then feck off and live elswhere 😀

:wave1:

Ainsley Harriott
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:wave1:

159 Republics to choose from. Off you pop

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

159 countries to choose from. Off you pop

It'll be the same for you as you don't like the SG.

:laugh2::wave1: