Hearts v Gretna Scottish Cup Final highlights 2006 BBC Scotland Friday 22.30.

The Real Maroonblood

McGlynn The Money
4 hours ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Surprised she didn't manage to fit in a crap Nicola Sturgeon 'impersonation'. 

Aye!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Samuel Camazzola

• The Real Maroonblood

jambos are go!
On 28/05/2021 at 23:11, SectionDJambo said:

Alan Main went the same way for all our penalties. So did the Hearts players.

Main said after the match that he had decided to go to that side every time  before the game regardless. Good choice for us.

John Findlay

Watched the programme last night.

Overall a crock of shit. Didnt show half the chances Hearts created. Gretna were never in the game until MacDonald gave them imho a dodgy penalty. 

My dad had to hold me back at the Hartley sending off. Clear as day Townsley kicked him first, and if MacDonald claims he didnt see that then he is a lying git as well as a cheating one.

:qqb003:

🥒🥒

Guess who?

Edited by martoon

Samuel Camazzola
On 29/05/2021 at 18:09, Salad Fingers said:

You mean sticking the nut on Shearers toes? Disgusting behaviour. 

👍 

• 2 weeks later...
GlasgoJambo

That’s the first time I’ve watched the game back since attending. Neilson’s tackle aside I’d never seen any other clips from the game, not even Rudi’s goal.

Unlike ‘98 where we forced the guy in the Roseburn to put the highlights on and I’d set my video to record the game I think we went out on the piss in Glasgow that night and that was that, no catch up TV or YouTube. 

We bossed it but never did enough to be totally comfortable. 
Was a better experience watching back then I’d thought it would be.

3fingersreid

Watched it for the first time last night ,

Denied a stonewall penalty , compare it to the celtic penalty against us.

Rattled the post twice , strangely I only remember doing it once !

Our penalties were absolutely class, 

that wee weegie pain in the arse needs banned from TV , she isn’t funny doesn’t get football so why put her on a football highlights show .

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

The weird part was i was not nervous at the shoot-out, i must of had a drink that day.

Imagine if Gretna won the shoot out . I was a kid must of been 14/15 years old I Remember the build up to this and for week thinking this could be a huge win for us 4/5/6 goals couldn't believe that we were taken to extra time and pens . I was like you was not nervous over the pens felt confident.  Was miles from the pens my eye sight is terrible too never wore my specs. 

Harry Potter
13 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Imagine if Gretna won the shoot out . I was a kid must of been 14/15 years old I Remember the build up to this and for week thinking this could be a huge win for us 4/5/6 goals couldn't believe that we were taken to extra time and pens . I was like you was not nervous over the pens felt confident.  Was miles from the pens my eye sight is terrible too never wore my specs. 

Should never have gone to extra time, never mind penalties, but it did, we showed that bit extra

class in the shoot-out

25 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Right behind the goal at the pens. A feeling of relief not elation when that boy missed the last pen. 
Should have been a breeze but ended up with no nails.

Suspected it may not be the thrashing many were predicting. Especially after watching Gretna's performance and win v. Dundee in the semi.

That, and the simple fact it was a Cup final and all the added tension and pressure they bring, made me believe any win would be narrow.

Ultimately comfortable without being spectacular was my belief. Certainly didn't imagine extra time, though, and not penalties.

I mean to say, who, outwith the OF, rocks up to a high tension Scottish Cup final and wins say, 5-1?