Hearts v Gretna Scottish Cup Final highlights 2006 BBC Scotland Friday 22.30.

The Real Maroonblood

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Samuel Camazzola

• The Real Maroonblood

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Bar Crichton not sure what anyone else had to offer. Weird people 

Agreed. I don't mind Crichton, think she is usually good on Sportscene. She just needs a better haircut. 

SectionDJambo
10 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I forgot about the shocker Macdonald had. The result could have easily been 5-1 but each of our pens were never being saved. 

Alan Main went the same way for all our penalties. So did the Hearts players.

Horatio Caine

I had forgotten what a stonewaller we were denied by McDonald.  If Rudi had gone down it was surely a pen and a red card.  I think he stayed on his feet because he thought he could reach it and tap it in.

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Alan Main went the same way for all our penalties. So did the Hearts players.

Aye.

The flop hopelessly down to the left ploy.

12 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I had forgotten what a stonewaller we were denied by McDonald.  If Rudi had gone down it was surely a pen and a red card.  I think he stayed on his feet because he thought he could reach it and tap it in.

I recall some ex ref at the time said McDonald was right not to give it as "Skacel got too close to the 'keeper".

Wtf?

To be fouled by an opponent you do have to get pretty close to them.

McGlynn The Money
4 hours ago, martoon said:

Ooooh, the banter at her hoose must be hooching. 

2 hours ago, martoon said:

She's spoiling HIGNFY tonight.

I can't believe they've got her back on. She is so far out of her depth on that show where you have to know what's happening in the world and think on your feet a little. 

corryjambo
23 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

How to spoil a highlights programme.

What a cheat McDonald was. A certain penalty for Hearts. He couldn’t hide his Hibs colours that day, or on quite a few other days. He was the referee who caused the stand off between the SFA and Hearts over them handing out a punishment to Craig Levein for criticising him after his antics at Rugby Park, and then multiplying it, without any rule in their own rule book to cover it. Only solved by Robinson negotiating a face saving outcome for them.

Spot on. 

I seem to remember that Robinson was one of the "blazers" at that time and was probably scared he would have his blazer taken off him.

No matter what we subsequently thought of Craig Levein he was determined to go all the way with this and would not have backed down without Robinson's intervention which came I believe without his prior knowledge or approval.

For a man that wanted to take his team off the park at Ibrox in the infamous 4 sent off game he was found sadly lacking on this occasion and I have the strangest feeling that things were never quite the same between Levein and him after his climbdown.

1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I can't believe they've got her back on. She is so far out of her depth on that show where you have to know what's happening in the world and think on your feet a little. 

Exactly.

A loud, daft laugh was about it, contribution wise.

Still more than Rebecca Front's input a few years back, mind. I don't think she uttered a single word. 

Never been back, afaik.

2 minutes ago, corryjambo said:

Spot on. 

I seem to remember that Robinson was one of the "blazers" at that time and was probably scared he would have his blazer taken off him.

No matter what we subsequently thought of Craig Levein he was determined to go all the way with this and would not have backed down without Robinson's intervention which came I believe without his prior knowledge or approval.

For a man that wanted to take his team off the park at Ibrox in the infamous 4 sent off game he was found sadly lacking on this occasion and I have the strangest feeling that things were never quite the same between Levein and him after his climbdown.

Iirc, the "compromise" was just resetting the fine back to it's original amount.

Not 100% sure but, regardless, I admired Levein for his stance.

Admiring Levein.

It was a simpler time.

36 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Forgotten about it too, it's a pen if he goes down or not imo. Rudi took some stick for "diving" maybe that's why he tried to stay up? Main shat himself expecting it to be given.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
15 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Not true. I thought the programme was really good. I remembered the tension of the day.

And, this programme had just enough to interest fans of other clubs in a final that happened years ago.

As a Jambo, I'd have been even happier if there'd been a PHP (P for Person obviously :laugh4:).

Objectively, all of the contributors were reasonably good. Upshot. I have a warm fuzzy glorious memory and credit to BBC where it's due.

McDonald on the other hand, a proper hobo cheatin **** for not giving a stonewaller penalty!

Edited by Sub4TiddlerMurray

5 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Not true. I thought the programme was really good. I remembered the tension of the day.

And, this programme had just enough to interest fans of other clubs in a final that happened years ago.

As a Jambo, I'd have been even happier if there'd been a PHP (P for Person obviously :laugh4:).

Objectively, all of the contributors were reasonably good. Upshot. I have a warm fuzzy glorious memory and credit to BBC where it's due.

McDonald on the other hand, a proper hobo cheatin **** for not giving a stonewaller penalty!

MTM was referring to her appearance on HIGNFY tonight. 😊

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, martoon said:

MTM was referring to her appearance on HIGNFY tonight. 😊

Cheers 👍

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Janey Godley is about as funny as a fungal nail infection advert. 

Also does that turd from Glasvegas think he’s Lou Reed or something with the sunglasses indoors shit? 

6 hours ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Great time to be a Hearts supporter 

Correct.  I came over for the semi final and I was bursting with pride at the calibre of squad we had assembled and full houses for every home game.

The fly in the ointment however was the evident instability of Vlad and we all know how that played out.

Auldbenches
On 27/05/2021 at 21:43, McGlynn The Money said:

Love looking back at old finals, especially ones that Hearts won, but the format of this programme is odd. Why do they have to have "celebrities" like Janey ****ing Godley on reminiscing about a game they never watched in the first place?

Janey ****ing Godley is ****ing money mad.  

7 hours ago, WDJ87 said:

Forgotten about it too, it's a pen if he goes down or not imo. Rudi took some stick for "diving" maybe that's why he tried to stay up? Main shat himself expecting it to be given.

Reckon Skacel stayed up as he had already been booked, so had he gone down McDonald would have sent him off for diving.

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

How to spoil a highlights programme.

What a cheat McDonald was. A certain penalty for Hearts. He couldn’t hide his Hibs colours that day, or on quite a few other days. He was the referee who caused the stand off between the SFA and Hearts over them handing out a punishment to Craig Levein for criticising him after his antics at Rugby Park, and then multiplying it, without any rule in their own rule book to cover it. Only solved by Robinson negotiating a face saving outcome for them.

To this day I rate MacDonalds performance at Killie the worst example of bias I have ever witnessed, and I include dozens of games versus the old firm in that.  

The Real Maroonblood

Having these folk in the studio was cringeworthy.

The 2 football women were okay but the rest were slavering erses.

I was expecting just recorded highlights not that format.

colinmaroon
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

Excruciating!  Truly awful contribution every time she opened her mouth.

Leanne Chrichton and the other female ex-footballer were excellent.  Contributed well.

Edited by colinmaroon

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Leanne Chrichton and the other female ex-footballer were excellent.  Contributed well.

This.

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

Godley managed to spoil 2 programmes in the same evening for me.

McGlynn The Money
11 hours ago, martoon said:

Exactly.

A loud, daft laugh was about it, contribution wise.

Still more than Rebecca Front's input a few years back, mind. I don't think she uttered a single word. 

Never been back, afaik.

Exactly, and it's the same every time she's on. She must have one hell of an agent or a lot of dirt on people.

10 hours ago, Tazio said:

Very true.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

There are folk who lap up the pish content she churns out that somehow ends up on some of my chat groups. The person responsible for sharing it is immediately judged. 

12 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Repeat available on iplayer 

Scottish Cup Classics, Hearts v Gretna - 2006: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000wj9d via @bbciplayer

adambraejambo
2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I thought HIGNFY was excellent but that was down to the host. She contributed very little. As for the highlights I watched  the Motherwell v United highlights and it had Cowan and Cosgrove and also Stewart  and Thompson and it seemed alot more professional set up with them actually talking about the game. Last night I had no idea who most of these people were. Knew the 2 female footballers and unfortunately Godley but the other 4 I still not sure who they are. The guy in shades lol 

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, adambraejambo said:

The guy in shades lol

He claimed to have played for Gretna. Hope he took the shades off before taking the field.

Cappuccino Kid
5 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Did Townsley even get booked for his kick at Hartley? 

No, Townsley got no punishment. McDonald was asked on talk 105 the following year why no action was taken. He said he’d watched the game 6 times since and that Townsley never kicked Hartley. Liar and a cheat. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Repeat available on iplayer 

Scottish Cup Classics, Hearts v Gretna - 2006: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000wj9d via @bbciplayer

cheers!

The one thing they missed in the highlights was Gretna were close to a winner at 90 minutes. 

Had forgotten many of the incidents. 

SectionDJambo
21 minutes ago, Cappuccino Kid said:

No, Townsley got no punishment. McDonald was asked on talk 105 the following year why no action was taken. He said he’d watched the game 6 times since and that Townsley never kicked Hartley. Liar and a cheat. 

Not dissimilar to Brines with Marius Zaliukas at Pittodrie. A pair of liars.

McDonald has managed to get a position back within the SFA in spite of being caught being a liar.

Samuel Camazzola
23 minutes ago, Cappuccino Kid said:

He would have done Gretna a favour by just getting rid of him. He wouldn't have had that weak effort in the shootout. 

The closest Janey Godawful should get to Hearts is at a Ken Stott lookalike contest. 

Apart from the shite weegie patter, it was good to see the game again. Was a pretty stressful day - we pummelled them first half, hit the post twice and then ended up at pens. And Dougie MacDonald is a cheating *****, although typical to Scottish football, it was only confirmed when he cheated Celtic after doing it to us many times for years. He then spent time and money getting the fact he was a proven cheat removed from Google searches!

1 hour ago, Cappuccino Kid said:

He got his comeuppance.

Hibs **** 

Guest ToqueJambo
16 hours ago, martoon said:

I recall some ex ref at the time said McDonald was right not to give it as "Skacel got too close to the 'keeper".

Wtf?

In those days there was one set of rules and allowable behaviour on the park for Hearts foreign players and one set for everyone else. 

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In those days there was one set of rules and allowable behaviour on the park for Hearts foreign players and one set for everyone else. 

True enough.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Cappuccino Kid said:

Bitter and twisted Hibs ***** with small man syndrome, best thing Lennon ever did was ending his career. 

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When did it change?

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

When did it change?

It was particularly bad then, mostly because it was media backed.

Mister Dee

We absolutely ran out of steam in that game. 
Credit to Gretna for the way they stuck to their game plan. 

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Bitter and twisted Hibs ***** with small man syndrome, best thing Lennon ever did was ending his career

Crouching down to take a swift left boot from Shearer was highly watchable too. 

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Crouching down to take a swift left boot from Shearer was highly watchable too. 

You mean sticking the nut on Shearers toes? Disgusting behaviour. 

18 hours ago, martoon said:

Wtf?

There was an Edin & dist referees meeting on the tuesday after cup final, where macdonald was going through all his decisions ,when it got to the penalty decision, he said that he was watching the keepers eyes following the ball and not keepers feet and yes he said "Skacel got too close to the 'keeper". when someone asked how can you see a players eyes from your distance where your standing, he quickly moved on to the next section, lets just say there were not a lot of referees happy with his answers

1 hour ago, kevinref said:

There was an Edin & dist referees meeting on the tuesday after cup final, where macdonald was going through all his decisions ,when it got to the penalty decision, he said that he was watching the keepers eyes following the ball and not keepers feet and yes he said "Skacel got too close to the 'keeper". when someone asked how can you see a players eyes from your distance where your standing, he quickly moved on to the next section, lets just say there were not a lot of referees happy with his answers

Thanks for that.

Interesting stuff, bud.

Silvery_Moon
9 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Exactly, and it's the same every time she's on. She must have one hell of an agent or a lot of dirt on people.

Very true.

Surprised she didn't manage to fit in a crap Nicola Sturgeon 'impersonation'.