Hearts v Gretna Scottish Cup Final highlights 2006 BBC Scotland Friday 22.30.

The Real Maroonblood

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Samuel Camazzola

• McGlynn The Money

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Probably this

The penalties were phenomenal and look better in HD.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

John Findlay

This final was special for me as it was the last one I attended with my late father, and it was the only one we were at together that we one.

The first being Dunfermline in 1968.

1998, I wasnt there as I had just changed jobs at IBM Portsmouth and couldnt get the time off. Had to settle for watching the game live on Sky, with Rob Hawthorne commentating.

My father died in 2010. So obviously missed 2012, at the final whistle I did look skywards and said, for you dad.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Painful afternoon that turned out to be for a cup win. Still alls well. Hope BBC are not going to shit the bed and skip 2012

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

This final was special for me as it was the last one I attended with my late father, and it was the only one we were at together that we one.

The first being Dunfermline in 1968.

1998, I wasnt there as I had just changed jobs at IBM Portsmouth and couldnt get the time off. Had to settle for watching the game live on Sky, with Rob Hawthorne commentating.

My father died in 2010. So obviously missed 2012, at the final whistle I did look skywards and said, for you dad.

:thumbsup:

Savage Vince

A very nervy affair. The tanking everyone expected never looked likely on the day and we were all put through the wringer before lifting the cup. 

It's that lifting of the cup though. First time at Hampden for most and it was such a sight to watch the players walk up the steps to bring it home. 

McGlynn The Money

Love looking back at old finals, especially ones that Hearts won, but the format of this programme is odd. Why do they have to have "celebrities" like Janey ****ing Godley on reminiscing about a game they never watched in the first place?

2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Love looking back at old finals, especially ones that Hearts won, but the format of this programme is odd. Why do they have to have "celebrities" like Janey ****ing Godley on reminiscing about a game they never watched in the first place?

Her and Susan Calman have to be two of the unfunniest women to walk on this earth. Absolute drivel from them both. Godley dining out of for FAR too long on her Nic Sturgeon stuff. Utter dross.

4 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

She said on one of them that she cheered for Celtic against everyone, bar Rangers.

Strange and unfunny.

Being pure, dead, brilliant Glesga and gallus doesn't make a punter funny or instantly TV worthy.

Sadly, though, it's Glaswegians at BBC Scotland/STV who decide otherwise.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
17 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Her and Susan Calman have to be two of the unfunniest women to walk on this earth. Absolute drivel from them both. Godley dining out of for FAR too long on her Nic Sturgeon stuff. Utter dross.

"Nic'???? :)

davemclaren

Hated that final due to the stress involved. Had a couple of drinks in the car in the way home and into bed early. Went into town for the celebrations on Sunday though.  

Don't want to be picky, but in a highlights reel, the penalty that never was had to be in it.  Neilson's tackle was there so why not the blatant referee bias for the penalty?

And was Gretna's penalty legitimate? Don't begrudge them it but if that was a penalty, the foul on Skacel was 5 penalties, and a red card.

No matter though.  Gretna did exceptionally well to make a game of it.

It was a tough game against a very feisty team who were greatly assisted by the Hibs cheat.  Overall though I thought the atmosphere was wonderful that day.  It's amazing how good it can be when you don't have the poison of the OF involved.  

AC Mallin_51

Can say what we like about this final but at the end of the day it resulted in silverware back to Gorgie. The second of three cups in 14 years. Not too bad eh? When considering there’s a certain team who managed 1 in 114 😂

davemclaren
1 minute ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Can say what we like about this final but at the end of the day it resulted in silverware back to Gorgie. The second of three cups in 14 years. Not too bad eh? When considering there’s a certain team who managed 1 in 114 😂

A cup win is a cup win, for sure. 

Robbo-Jambo
3 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

The final was a bit of a stressful day tbh but it was as you say more silverware and the real cup winning performance was the 4 nil pumping of Hibs in the semi. 

We would have been haunted if that brilliant result had resulted in us getting beat by Gretna and not bringing home the SC. 

I couldn’t watch the penalties. I felt ill with the stress. Was there with a few mates and one of them had put 3k on Hearts to win in 90 minutes. 

McGlynn The Money
20 hours ago, EH11_2NL said:

Aye, those voiceovers are chronic! Never been funny and we'll and truly done to death.

20 hours ago, martoon said:

She said on one of them that she cheered for Celtic against everyone, bar Rangers.

Strange and unfunny.

Being pure, dead, brilliant Glesga and gallus doesn't make a punter funny or instantly TV worthy.

She claims to be a Rangers fan but doesn't know the first thing about them. Supposedly married to a Celtic fan from a "colourful" Glasgow family.

34 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Aye, those voiceovers are chronic! Never been funny and we'll and truly done to death.

She claims to be a Rangers fan but doesn't know the first thing about them. Supposedly married to a Celtic fan from a "colourful" Glasgow family.

Ooooh, the banter at her hoose must be hooching. 

Hectormasson
22 hours ago, martoon said:

Strange and unfunny.

Rather f....g sick i think ......

26 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Rather f....g sick i think ......

She's spoiling HIGNFY tonight.

bigsuperslim1874

I find it odd it’s classed as a ‘classic final’ because it ain’t! Yeah it’s awesome we won but it’s not a classic at all - if Gretna had won then that’s different.

23 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

I find it odd it’s classed as a ‘classic final’ because it ain’t! Yeah it’s awesome we won but it’s not a classic at all - if Gretna had won then that’s different.

They've already shown the best ones.

It was classic. No idea what the agenda will be tonight. But there were 2 great stories. The Hearts challenge under Romanov, Burley etc and the Gretna fairytale. 

I actually rate the game. Maybe do the details later. 

Салатные палочки

Valdas looked like a right double hard b@stard. 

If Cosgrove's on it he'll moan all the way through.

Very Hibs in his view of spending within your means and that stuff.

Started whining when Gretna won the Championship at St. Johnstone's expense the year after the Cup final.

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

I was very fond of Valdas. 

He, more than most, knew the frustration of working for Vlad. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

My boss is a spitter

Салатные палочки

Rudi with a Gazza moment there. 

Jeezuz, what a horror show of a programme this is. How to ruin a perfectly good rerun by constantly cutting away to nasaly Weegie tossers. Honestly, what is the point in this other than the GBBC to inflict these accents on us. It's like watching a game in the most annoying pub in Glasgow. 

Edited by Fraggle

Салатные палочки
1 minute ago, Fraggle said:

Jeezuz, what a horror show of a programme this is. How to ruin a perfectly good rerun by constantly cutting away to nasaly Weegie tossers. Honestly, what is the point in this other than the GBBC to inflict these accents on us. It's like watching a game in the most annoying pub in Glasgow. 

The two women players are not bad, Rose Reilly and the other one. At least they know what they're talking about. 

Samuel Camazzola

I forgot about the shocker Macdonald had. The result could have easily been 5-1 but each of our pens were never being saved. 

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

The two women players are not bad, Rose Reilly and the other one. At least they know what they're talking about. 

Not sure about that, did you hear her comment about left footers and penalties or Hartleys half volley in ET. 

Recorded that on my Sky +, it's getting instantly deleted! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bar Crichton not sure what anyone else had to offer. Weird people 

SectionDJambo

How to spoil a highlights programme.

What a cheat McDonald was. A certain penalty for Hearts. He couldn’t hide his Hibs colours that day, or on quite a few other days. He was the referee who caused the stand off between the SFA and Hearts over them handing out a punishment to Craig Levein for criticising him after his antics at Rugby Park, and then multiplying it, without any rule in their own rule book to cover it. Only solved by Robinson negotiating a face saving outcome for them.