Joe Jordan 

Denis Law

Jim Holton

Jinky

Peter Lorimer

Archie Gemmill for that goal

On 25/05/2021 at 20:14, scott herbertson said:

Was there, and we certainly did celebrate

There were two problems though - we were nearly to a man exhausted with drinking and having fun with the Brazilians.

Secondly it was about 140 degrees inside the stadium - had no voice left after 15 minutes and no energy - we literally ran out of steam - fans and team

I hear you. 

Best story I heard from that adventure was a lot of reported stolen cars by our beloved Tartan Army when they returned back to Scotland - only to realise they forgot they drove to Spain and had left their cars there by mistake. Such was the strength of Spanish lager, I guess. 

Bremner

Burns (Kenny) 

Souness 

But my absolute favourite is Davie Cooper. Never got the caps his talent deserved. If only he'd played for the Hearts.... 

51 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Bob Neilson

How many games did the tackle play for Scotland think we had Gordon , Elvis.  Webster , Rob , Hartley all in the Scotland squad at once .

Ainsley Harriott
28 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

How many games did the tackle play for Scotland think we had Gordon , Elvis.  Webster , Rob , Hartley all in the Scotland squad at once .

Think he got 1 cap. 

scott herbertson
10 hours ago, Deodato said:

I hear you. 

Best story I heard from that adventure was a lot of reported stolen cars by our beloved Tartan Army when they returned back to Scotland - only to realise they forgot they drove to Spain and had left their cars there by mistake. Such was the strength of Spanish lager, I guess. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all - it's all a bit of a haze

There was a TV programme about 6 months after the tournament looking back on it and there was a clip of Archie McPherson talking to the camera outside a cafe near the ground before one of the games in Malaga. As he talks a horse drawn carriage pulls up and inside are about 8 drunken scotsmen  - I'd forgotten all about it but there we were. We had hired it to take us from Torremolinas for the game as it worked out about the same as two taxis. If I recall correctly we also got him to stop outside a shop to replenish the beer supplies....

On the way back after the 5-2 New Zealand game was incredible - about 10,0000 scots and New Zealanders in a convoy of cars, taxis , buses, horse carriages all the way to Torremolinas . All along the route the Spaniards cam out and clapped and cheered. A similar experience to the return to Edinburgh in 1998

I have a photo somewhere of the moment just before the match started in Seville - The Brazilians are lined up,heads high in the air , while the Scots team are looking at the ground, contemplating the enormity of the game about to start. Really was a special moment

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Denis Law

Billy Bremner

Joe Jordan

Three marvelous players but, for me, the Lawman is in a class of his own.

Angel eyes

Stuart Kennedy (Aberdeen) thought he was brilliant very underrated I played  right back at school but McGrain & Jardine ahead o him didn’t really stand a chance playing for Scotland 8 caps scandalous 

alwaysthereinspirit
On 24/05/2021 at 12:52, Des Lynam said:

Paul McStay

Good player but as usual overrated by the West coast media as some kind of midfield dynamo. Another Celt In the mold of Broonie who would have been seen as average at another non OF Scottish club or anywhere else. Big fish wee pond.

10 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Good player but as usual overrated by the West coast media as some kind of midfield dynamo. Another Celt In the mold of Broonie who would have been seen as average at another non OF Scottish club or anywhere else. Big fish wee pond.

I think your opinion is total pish but it’s your opinion. 

Francis Albert
On 24/05/2021 at 17:28, jambos are go! said:

Jim Baxter in his prime was as good as it gets.

Seconded. Saw him play in a reserve game at Tynie towards the end of his career. A genius.

15 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Bob Neilson

You’re quite the wee hoot, aren’t you Ashley?

It’s looking like Denis is beating ‘King Kenny’.

Perfect.

adambraejambo

Dalglish for me . 

I've been to 2 world cups and seen Scotland V Brazil and also a  Hearts cup winner play well against Norway but one of my memories I cant shake was Dalglish scoring against Spain to make it 3-1 I only seen that on TV as a kid I was born in 73 but it has always been my Fav Scotland goal. I would not class my opinion as anything though , when kicking the ball against the wall in my garden I always imagined I was Mike ***** Galloway lol 

In different eras I have had different favourites:

Dalglish and Souness always

Richard Gough and Colin Hendry

Strachan for a while (early in his career and then again late in his career)

Paul McStay for a while (84-88)

John Collins for a while (98, especially the penalty)

Mo Johnston in the lead up to 1990

Kevin Gallacher prior to the 98 world cup

Jim Bett and Davie Cooper when qualifying for 86 world cup.

The only one since 2000 is probably McFadden.  Maybe Barry Ferguson at his peak (unpopular opinion).

Edited by Sydney

jambo-in-furness

The nutmegs against the auld enemy when we took the jules rimet trophy off them leave me with two names

Denis Law

Jim Baxter.

victories against England are to be cherished,  but a victory and a massive pisstake are something else,  and my favourite ever Hearts player was in that side on that day  Willie Wallace  deserves a mention.

Not saying he's my favourite but out of current squad a mention to

John McGinn

Came a long way from his Hibs days, added to his game and flourished. Hes the main man.

17 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

Dalglish for me . 

I've been to 2 world cups and seen Scotland V Brazil and also a  Hearts cup winner play well against Norway but one of my memories I cant shake was Dalglish scoring against Spain to make it 3-1 I only seen that on TV as a kid I was born in 73 but it has always been my Fav Scotland goal. I would not class my opinion as anything though , when kicking the ball against the wall in my garden I always imagined I was Mike ***** Galloway lol 

King Kenny's goal against Belgium is one of the best goals I've ever seen. 

17 hours ago, Morgan said:

It’s looking like Denis is beating ‘King Kenny’.

Perfect.

You do know Denis Law hated the English with a passion? 

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You do know Denis Law hated the English with a passion? 

And your point is, sir? 

Just now, Morgan said:

And your point is, sir? 

Points deducted for that Morgs, surely. :D Sorry, I won't call you surely again, bud. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Points deducted for that Morgs, surely. :D Sorry, I won't call you surely again, bud. 

:biggrin:

I’m lost now.

You tend to do that to me.  

Just now, Morgan said:

:biggrin:

I’m lost now.

You tend to do that to me.  

King Kenny is the best, end of. 👍

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

In your opinion, of course.

👍

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

In your opinion, of course.

👍

Of course, bud. But I'm always right, so take it as gospel. 

::troll::

How are you Morgs. Everyone keeping well I hope, bud. :thumb:

Just now, ri Alban said:

Of course, bud. But I'm always right, so take it as gospel. 

::troll::

How are you Morgs. Everyone keeping well I hope, bud. :thumb:

All good here, ri.  Thanks

How are you all keeping?

Just now, Morgan said:

All good here, ri.  Thanks

How are you all keeping?

I had my second jag yesterday and I feel like shite, bud. We are getting new carpets next week, so I tried to clear the house of furniture, carpets and flooring. The Mrs said the carpet fitter wanted the parquet flooring up. It took me 2 hours to take up half of it. I'm ragin bad, I should have left it down. 

On the good side, I've just sparked a couple of cider. :cheers:(off on a bank holiday, today) 

9 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Not saying he's my favourite but out of current squad a mention to

John McGinn

Came a long way from his Hibs days, added to his game and flourished. Hes the main man.

I love McGinn, cracking player. Gives his absolute best for Scotland. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I had my second jag yesterday and I feel like shite, bud. We are getting new carpets next week, so I tried to clear the house of furniture, carpets and flooring. The Mrs said the carpet fitter wanted the parquet flooring up. It took me 2 hours to take up half of it. I'm ragin bad, I should have left it down. 

On the good side, I've just sparked a couple of cider. :cheers:(off on a bank holiday, today) 

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling too good.  We had our first jag two weeks ago and felt just fine but we have heard the second one can be a bit of a b@stard.  29th of June is the date we are now dreading!

Drink up, btw.  It’ll kill or cure.

:cheers:

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Sorry to hear you’re not feeling too good.  We had our first jag two weeks ago and felt just fine but we have heard the second one can be a bit of a b@stard.  29th of June is the date we are now dreading!

Drink up, btw.  It’ll kill or cure.

:cheers:

Thanks bud. Best of luck when the time comes. 

See trying to hire a painter, fecking murder. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Feck the painter, just get pished.  👍

alwaysthereinspirit
21 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I think it’s “favorite” not the best Scottish player.

For me joe Jordan.

Best? Kenny.

gorgieheart

Joe Jordan , run all day for the shirt , passionate and knew where the net was  !  

Forever Hearts
On 24/05/2021 at 18:05, sadj said:

I thought about Miller , you felt comfy knowing that with McLeish and Miller at the back we were solid and had a good base for going forward. Good old fashioned Berra style Centre Halfs. 

Davie Cooper , Archie Gemmill , Joe Jordan and our very own John Robertson. Never understood why we didnt use McCoist and Robbo I know they were similar but both were better than anything we have had since.

McFadden has that wow from his goal/s v France but otherwise meh!

Stewart Kennedy just cause he helped me a lot.

No. He told me to remove my Hearts scarf in his Falkirk pub in 1991.😡

TyphoonJambo
17 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What's Blackie upto at the moment.