Spain squad for the Euro's

Ribble

McGlynn The Money
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

We will just need to agree to disagree on the Salah incident - one thing I’m sure of, Ramos would take every opportunity to take out the oppositions best player! His disciplinary record is a disgrace remembering that like the OF on Scotland, Real Madrid players get cut a lot of slack by Spanish referees!

You just need to watch it to see that Salah starts it. Idiotic on his part and he came off second best, as did his team.

Ramos played in 4 Champions League Finals, 1 World Cup Final and 2 European Championship Finals and never had a similar incident. Never seen him deliberately injure anyone but you clearly know better. 

If Real Madrid and Barça get cut a lot of slack by referees that maybe explains Puyol's lack of red cards for Barça. Doesn't explain why Ramos has played 180 times for Spain but not seen red while wearing the red.

Strange one mate but that's football. Greatest game in the world.

Rogue Daddy
27 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Ramos has had 26 red cards and they lost count of the yellow cards.

Puyol had a total of 3 red cards - now he was a real class player!

Yeah, Puyol was some player, and part of a phenomenal Barca at the time. He was class. Spent his entire career at Barca IIRC. 

1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

You just need to watch it to see that Salah starts it. Idiotic on his part and he came off second best, as did his team.

Ramos played in 4 Champions League Finals, 1 World Cup Final and 2 European Championship Finals and never had a similar incident. Never seen him deliberately injure anyone but you clearly know better. 

If Real Madrid and Barça get cut a lot of slack by referees that maybe explains Puyol's lack of red cards for Barça. Doesn't explain why Ramos has played 180 times for Spain but not seen red while wearing the red.

Strange one mate but that's football. Greatest game in the world.

As I said to the other poster we will just have to agree to disagree on the Salah incident. My opinion and the opinion at the time of Rio Ferdinand (no Liverpool fan for sure!) was that Ramos tried to injure Salah.

I followed quite a bit of Spanish football on Sunday TV and I have to say in nearly every Real Madrid game Ramos was involved in something nasty - you don’t get 26 red cards and 210 yellows when you are a clean player!

As for Ramos he was a gentleman and a peace keeper on the park - hence the reason for his lack of cards.

By the way Barca do not get many favours from Spanish referees - as a Basque team they are viewed with distain by the Spanish majority.

Real on the other hand are put on the ‘royal’ pedestal.

Rogue Daddy
19 minutes ago, db211833 said:

No worries bud, one of the signs of being a really good player though. Pretty much everyone hates you except your own fans.

👍

Rogue Daddy

As I said to the other poster we will just have to agree to disagree on the Salah incident. My opinion and the opinion at the time of Rio Ferdinand (no Liverpool fan for sure!) was that Ramos tried to injure Salah.

I followed quite a bit of Spanish football on Sunday TV and I have to say in nearly every Real Madrid game Ramos was involved in something nasty - you don’t get 26 red cards and 210 yellows when you are a clean player!

As for Ramos he was a gentleman and a peace keeper on the park - hence the reason for his lack of cards.

By the way Barca do not get many favours from Spanish referees - as a Basque team they are viewed with distain by the Spanish majority.

… Puyol surely? 😂😂😂

John Findlay
Just now, Thomaso said:

Here was me thinking Barcelona was in Catalonia, ah well you learn something new everyday. I thought the Basque teams are Deportivo la Coruna, Real Sociedad, and Athletico Bilbao.

McGlynn The Money
Just now, Thomaso said:

Barcelona are from Catalonia mate, not the Basque Country. That's like saying Hearts are from Wales.

Was giving you the benefit of the doubt but you clearly have a slight Barça bias without really having the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Malinga the Swinga

Ramos was a walking red card waiting to happen for Spain in in every international yet 180 times it never actually happened once. 

Poor little Salah and poor little Liverpool. 

4 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Barcelona are from Catalonia mate, not the Basque Country. That's like saying Hearts are from Wales.

Was giving you the benefit of the doubt but you clearly have a slight Barça bias without really having the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Thanks for the correction. Now apart from my geographical error where else specifically don’t I know what I’m talking about with regards to my comments on Ramos and Puyol? 🤔

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Here was me thinking Barcelona was in Catalonia, ah well you learn something new everyday. I thought the Basque teams are Deportivo la Coruna, Real Sociedad, and Athletico Bilbao.

Yes my error - any comment on my opinion of Ramos and Puyol John? 

McGlynn The Money
5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

… Puyol surely? 😂😂😂

He's all over the place. 

Thinks that Barça, one half of the Spanish Old Firm, don't get a bit of help from refs. Real of course means royal but nearly every other team in Spain is Real something or other.

As for thinking FC Barcelona, the flagship of Catalan independence, is from the Basque Country...

:facepalm:

::facepaw::

9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

… Puyol surely? 😂😂😂

Indeed 👍

John Findlay

Yes my error - any comment on my opinion of Ramos and Puyol John? 

Both very good centre halves. Ramos more mistakes in him than Puyol, but at the sametime, more goals in him than Puyol.

McGlynn The Money
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Thanks for the correction. Now apart from my geographical error where else specifically don’t I know what I’m talking about with regards to my comments on Ramos and Puyol? 🤔

Slightly more than a geographical error mate. If you're going to swallow the Barça propaganda, at least get it right.

Sorry, after such a massive clanger like that I can't take anything else you say seriously. You have zero credibility on this subject.

The Ultimate Worrier
30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Basque team? 

27 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Deportivo La Coruña are from Galicia.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Basque team? 

Deportivo La Coruña are from Galicia.

Thanks, I stand corrected.

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Slightly more than a geographical error mate. If you're going to swallow the Barça propaganda, at least get it right.

Sorry, after such a massive clanger like that I can't take anything else you say seriously. You have zero credibility on this subject.

I’m no fan of Barca and my geography error does not change the facts on the disciplinary record of Ramos and Puyol.

Ramos 26 red cards - Puyol 3 red cards. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Both very good centre halves. Ramos more mistakes in him than Puyol, but at the sametime, more goals in him than Puyol.

Agreed John but the debate was regarding my opinion that Ramos was a cynical thug based on his world record 26 red cards and 210 yellows. 🤷‍♂️

58 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Thanks, I stand corrected.

We all make mistakes John.....😉

1 hour ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Basque team? 

Sorry Catalan 

John Findlay
11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Agreed John but the debate was regarding my opinion that Ramos was a cynical thug based on his world record 26 red cards and 210 yellows. 🤷‍♂️

Yes and no. Modern football imho you get bookings for sod all, and not all Red cards are Red cards either. He is more cynical than thuggish.

McGlynn The Money
On 24/05/2021 at 21:33, Thomaso said:

So by your logic, did Rudiger deliberately set out to injure De Bruyne tonight? Interesting to see if there is the same sort of outcry in the English media, which then influences those who clearly can't think for themselves. I doubt it somehow, I doubt it...

In relation to the Salah incident there was a very good photo at the time which was ignored by the British media that showed Salah was making more contact in terms of their arms than Ramos. I also found it hilarious that so many people believed Ramos had these dark skills that he used to deliberately make Salah landed in a certain way to cause maximum damage to the shoulder. It was two experienced players wrestling to get the ball and nothing more sinister than that. 

I really don’t believe that Thomaso is the uber Liverpool fan that he’s being made out to be tbh

McGlynn The Money
14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

In relation to the Salah incident there was a very good photo at the time which was ignored by the British media that showed Salah was making more contact in terms of their arms than Ramos. I also found it hilarious that so many people believed Ramos had these dark skills that he used to deliberately make Salah landed in a certain way to cause maximum damage to the shoulder. It was two experienced players wrestling to get the ball and nothing more sinister than that. 

Spot on. Salah initiated a wrestling match with a bigger and stronger man and came off second best. Ramos didn't set out to hurt him, especially not in the manner suggested.

Ibrahim Tall

Tbh not selecting Ramos makes sense if his first choice CB pairing is two of Laporte/Torres/Garcia. Sergio Ramos isn’t the sort of player you have sitting on the bench not playing, especially given he’s their actual captain. He’s too big a personality for that.

14 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

So by your logic, did Rudiger deliberately set out to injure De Bruyne tonight? Interesting to see if there is the same sort of outcry in the English media, which then influences those who clearly can't think for themselves. I doubt it somehow, I doubt it...

Didn’t see the game but as I can’t think for myself I’ll go with your expert opinion.....

14 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Spot on. Salah initiated a wrestling match with a bigger and stronger man and came off second best. Ramos didn't set out to hurt him, especially not in the manner suggested.

Didn’t set out to hurt anyone when he got 26 red cards I suppose....

15 hours ago, BigAlim said:

I really don’t believe that Thomaso is the uber Liverpool fan that he’s being made out to be tbh

I’m not! 🤷‍♂️

rudi must stay
On 25/05/2021 at 10:21, John Findlay said:

Yes and no. Modern football imho you get bookings for sod all, and not all Red cards are Red cards either. He is more cynical than thuggish.

He's not cynical he is a clever guy that plays on weak refs. Glad to see him not in the Spain team for the good of the game, in my book that's cheating 

On 24/05/2021 at 18:41, Malinga the Swinga said:

Amazing just how clueless some people are. Ramos, one of the most decorated players in history, playing in top league against top players, is written off, mainly because some Liverpool fans are unhappy he had the temerity to tackle Salah in a CL final. 

He's one of modern footballs all time greats. 

People seem to forget just how good he is with a ball at his feet too since he switched from RB to CB as you don't see him tearing it down the wing and using his tricks so often like he used to.

McGlynn The Money
19 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Didn’t see the game but as I can’t think for myself I’ll go with your expert opinion.....

At last.

19 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Didn’t set out to hurt anyone when he got 26 red cards I suppose....

Considering some were for dissent, kicking the ball away or wasting time you suppose correctly. Well done.

23 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Considering some were for dissent, kicking the ball away or wasting time you suppose correctly. Well done.

How do you know that? Have you checked out all his red card offences - or are you just rambling? 

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

How do you know that? Have you checked out all his red card offences - or are you just rambling? 

I will take no lessons in rambling from a poster who thought FC Barcelona was from the Basque Country. You have no credibility here.

1 hour ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I will take no lessons in rambling from a poster who thought FC Barcelona was from the Basque Country. You have no credibility here.

Says who?