Spain squad for the Euro's

Ribble

For the first time ever Spain will be going into a major tournament without a single Real Madrid player!!

Looks like Luis Enrique's Barca leanings coming to the fore, only selected 24 out of the 26 possible too.

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

For the first time ever Spain will be going into a major tournament without a single Real Madrid player!!

Looks like Luis Enrique's Barca leanings coming to the fore, only selected 24 out of the 26 possible too.

RM Spanish players are bench warmers by all accounts. 

Decline of Spanish football in last 5 years has been pretty mental. Think Luis Enrique is trying to build a club mentality within national team but the squad is very very average, would prefer them in our group over Czech and Croatia.

29 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Decline of Spanish football in last 5 years has been pretty mental. Think Luis Enrique is trying to build a club mentality within national team but the squad is very very average, would prefer them in our group over Czech and Croatia.

The same Spain that skelped Germany 6-0 about six months ago? Not so sure I’d be hoping to be drawn against them if I’m being honest. 

The lack of Ramos is particularly surprising, he's 5 caps away from being the most capped player in football history

professorfate

I think Enrique should off took nacho he and militao have formed a great partnership at Real Madrid. I would of also took Ramos for the dressing room his personality and winning mentality would rub off on the other players.

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

The lack of Ramos is particularly surprising, he's 5 caps away from being the most capped player in football history

he has only played one game since march. his fitness must be a worry. however i would have said to him i'll give you a chance to prove your fitness otherwise you will only be a benchwarmer unless really needed

Another thing to note from the squad is that Laporte is in it, born and raised in France, played for France at all youth levels and is on record as saying that applying for dual citizenship and playing for Spain was "out of the question".

The apparently personal dislike that Deschamps has for him has driven him to play for a country that he has no affinity with

8 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I’m glad - he is a cynical thug!

professorfate
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

Another thing to note from the squad is that Laporte is in it, born and raised in France, played for France at all youth levels and is on record as saying that applying for dual citizenship and playing for Spain was "out of the question".

The apparently personal dislike that Deschamps has for him has driven him to play for a country that he has no affinity with

I personally don’t agree with it I feel the same with che adams it shouldn’t be allowed.

Rogue Daddy
Just now, Thomaso said:

I’m glad - he is a cynical thug!

I’m with you- fekin hammer thrower! Never really understood the appeal of him.

33 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

😂 5 la ligas, 5 champs leagues, World Cup, 2 Euros and 180 odd caps for the best international team football has ever seen would probably contradict that view. 

. . . Or did I just get whooshed?

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

They've declined form their peak but they are still a very good side, no way would I want them over Czech or Croatia. 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, DS98 said:

😂 5 la ligas, 5 champs leagues, World Cup, 2 Euros and 180 odd caps for the best international team football has ever seen would probably contradict that view. 

Sorry mate…. Don’t watch a lot of Spanish football, but whenever I’ve watched him he’s just annoyed me - struck me as just another thug 🤷‍♂️
… a Spanish ‘Porty’ 😳

You’re right though, you don’t get to that level without having something… just not my cup-of-tea. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

So, boys finished at the top level and injury prone. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

They’ve done well to get Laporte, not sure why France haven’t capped him as they’re not exactly well off for CHs. 
You would’ve got good odds on Ramos not going whilst Bemzema does. 

King prawn

Ramos has only played once since March I think and the rest of the Real Madrid first team aren’t Spanish aside from Asensio who hasn’t exactly set the heather alight this season. 

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

:tlj:

2 spaces available and don’t use them. Odd

Surely just take Ramos for experience 

Look at England. They are going to leave quality players out so Jordan Henderson goes. Even if he doesn’t play a game, useful to have. You would think anyway 

Footballfirst

Slightly off topic but Euros related.

The Oriam will be hosting the Czech Republic during the tournament.  UEFA and other sponsors' branding has already been put up around the enclosed grass pitch.  It also looks like additional temporary fencing is being erected to maintain privacy.   

I don't know if it will affect Hearts academy games for the duration of the tournament.   

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Slightly off topic but Euros related.

The Oriam will be hosting the Czech Republic during the tournament.  UEFA and other sponsors' branding has already been put up around the enclosed grass pitch.  It also looks like additional temporary fencing is being erected to maintain privacy.   

I don't know if it will affect Hearts academy games for the duration of the tournament.   

More worried about the first team who start back on June 15th. 
They booked it before Scotland qualified 😆..

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Ramos has only played once since March I think and the rest of the Real Madrid first team aren’t Spanish aside from Asensio who hasn’t exactly set the heather alight this season. 

He haven’t trained either according to Enrique. 

Whatever the squad ends up being I’m expecting good stuff from Spain given their past fairly recent tricky-tacky pedigree. You can’t be that good and not have a back up plan developing for an ageing team.

Malinga the Swinga

Amazing just how clueless some people are. Ramos, one of the most decorated players in history, playing in top league against top players, is written off, mainly because some Liverpool fans are unhappy he had the temerity to tackle Salah in a CL final. 

He's one of modern footballs all time greats. 

Not taking Ramos,  whilst having 2 available picks is madness. Hammer thrower? Honestly despair sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Amazing just how clueless some people are. Ramos, one of the most decorated players in history, playing in top league against top players, is written off, mainly because some Liverpool fans are unhappy he had the temerity to tackle Salah in a CL final. 

One of the greatest Centerhalfs ever. 180 caps, 4 CL, 1 WC, 2 EC, over 800 top level games and over 100 goals from defence. Incredible. 

But aye, a hammerthrower 🙄

10 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Not taking Ramos,  whilst having 2 available picks is madness. Hammer thrower? Honestly despair sometimes. 

Not bothering to use two of their squad places is crazy regardless, says a lot for the manager’s opinion of his options 

5 hours ago, DS98 said:

He’s still a cynical thug!

Just now, DS98 said:

Yes but a very talented (and handsome) one.

OK he’s a very talented, handsome, cynical thug - how’s that? 👍

Pretty sure Ramos is injured or has barely played recently.

Could argue you would take him to have him around mind you.

McGlynn The Money
7 hours ago, Ribble said:

Not picking Ramos because he's hardly kicked a ball all year makes sense. Picking Garcia of Man City who has played even less than Ramos doesn't make sense.

Rogue Daddy
1 hour ago, db211833 said:

Alright… I took that a bit far and you don’t get to his level without some degree of talent. I just dont like the guy - every time I’ve watched him for Spain or RM I end up shouting at the tv. He is a thug - a take the player first, ball second 🤷‍♂️ IMO. 
Would I have him in a maroon jersey? Of course and he would stand out a mile in our league - it’s all relative. 
I’ll leave it at - if he played for us I’d love him… hate him the rest of the time. 
I’ll retract ‘hammer thrower’ by I agree with Thomaso, a cynical thug. 

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

This. People also seem to forget that it was Salah who initiated the contact. If you start a tussle with a guy who's bigger, stronger and more streetwise than you, don't be surprised if you come off second best.

2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

This. People also seem to forget that it was Salah who initiated the contact. If you start a tussle with a guy who's bigger, stronger and more streetwise than you, don't be surprised if you come off second best.

Aye right 😏

It wasn’t a “tackle”.....

McGlynn The Money

59 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

One of the greatest Centerhalfs ever. 180 caps, 4 CL, 1 WC, 2 EC, over 800 top level games and over 100 goals from defence. Incredible. 

But aye, a hammerthrower 🙄

Spot on. Part of the problem is the TV commentators (usually EPL obsessed) go on about his disciplinary record and folk who don't know any better or can't think for themselves just go along with it. Has played almost more times for his country than any other player in history and never been sent off in a Spain shirt but has the record for red cards playing for Real Madrid. Surely if he was such a hammer thrower and cynical thug the cards would be spread between club and country.

As for folk comparing him to that absolute donkey at Hibs...

:facepalm:

11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Alright… I took that a bit far and you don’t get to his level without some degree of talent. I just dont like the guy - every time I’ve watched him for Spain or RM I end up shouting at the tv. He is a thug - a take the player first, ball second 🤷‍♂️ IMO. 
Would I have him in a maroon jersey? Of course and he would stand out a mile in our league - it’s all relative. 
I’ll leave it at - if he played for us I’d love him… hate him the rest of the time. 

Ramos has had 26 red cards and they lost count of the yellow cards.

Puyol had a total of 3 red cards - now he was a real class player!

Edited by Thomaso

McGlynn The Money
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Aye right 😏

Salah grabbed Ramos first, a wee tussle then they fell over and Ramos landed on him.

Liverpool fans don't like that being pointed out, or that Van Dijk shoved Ramos into their own keeper, which should have been a penalty. Always, ALWAYS the victims, it's never their fault 

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

26 red cards and they lost count of the yellow cards.

Fecks sake! 😂😂😂 never realised that! Doesn’t surprise me though. 

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Salah grabbed Ramos first, a wee tussle then they fell over and Ramos landed on him.

Liverpool fans don't like that being pointed out, or that Van Dijk shoved Ramos into their own keeper, which should have been a penalty. Always, ALWAYS the victims, it's never their fault 

I’m no Liverpool fan but Ramos knew exactly what he was doing when he fell on Salah!

McGlynn The Money
7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Ramos has had 26 red cards and they lost count of the yellow cards.

Puyol had a total of 3 red cards - now he was a real class player!

Yet Ramos has played 180 times for Spain and never been sent off. Strange.

Agree about Puyol, absolute class act on and off the pitch.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

I’m no Liverpool fan but Ramos knew exactly what he was doing when he fell on Salah!

Maybe he did but Salah started it when he pulled Ramos down on top of him. If you think that Ramos knew that they were going to land just in the right way to **** Salah's shoulder up then fair enough, but that's not what happened.

Rogue Daddy
13 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

As for folk comparing him to that absolute donkey at Hibs...

:facepalm:

Ffs… my tongue was firmly in my mouth when I said that! Hence the emoji. 
I take back the ‘hammer thrower’, not a good analogy, but the guys a red card waiting to happen…. At least in every game I’ve watched him. 
Not seen the Salah challenge and not Liverpool fan, so can’t comment on that. 

Edited by Rogue Daddy

McGlynn The Money
Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Ffs… my tongue was firmly in my mouth when I said that! Hence the emoji. 
I take back the ‘hammer thrower’, not a good analogy, but the guys red card waiting to happen…. At least in every game I’ve watched him. 
Not seen the Salah challenge and not Liverpool fan, so can’t comment on that. 

Glad to hear it. Now don't do it again.

22 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

No worries bud, one of the signs of being a really good player though. Pretty much everyone hates you except your own fans.

Rogue Daddy
Just now, McGlynn The Money said:

Glad to hear it. Now don't do it again.

😔

Yet Ramos has played 180 times for Spain and never been sent off. Strange.

Agree about Puyol, absolute class act on and off the pitch.

Maybe he did but Salah started it when he pulled Ramos down on top of him. If you think that Ramos knew that they were going to land just in the right way to **** Salah's shoulder up then fair enough, but that's not what happened.

We will just need to agree to disagree on the Salah incident - one thing I’m sure of, Ramos would take every opportunity to take out the oppositions best player! His disciplinary record is a disgrace remembering that like the OF on Scotland, Real Madrid players get cut a lot of slack by Spanish referees!