Andy Halliday...

SidewaysFitba

Yes, mentioned that quite early in the season. Handy as back-up for Kingsley or part of a 3-5-2. Seemed far more comfortable than he did in the middle of the park. As long as White goes i'm quite happy with Kingsley and Halliday on that side. It's the other side that's likely to be an issue. Smith first choice which is ok but i'd have taken Logan for a season. Opens up options if the management wanted to play Smith more central. Brandon needs moved on as his career is only going one way hanging about at Hearts. Very Zanatta-type situation going on here.

SidewaysFitba
13 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You’re fairly whacking out the threads just now...👀🚨

A whole two.  Almost a war crime

Italian Lambretta
19 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You’re fairly whacking out the threads just now...👀🚨

Wait until tomorrow it will be a new thread saying how good a manager Phoodle is.

SidewaysFitba
9 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Wait until tomorrow it will be a new thread saying how good a manager Phoodle is.

Embarrassing 

David McCaig

Maybe the best combination is Halliday at LWB with Kingsley moving to LCH in a back 3.

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Maybe the best combination is Halliday at LWB with Kingsley moving to LCH in a back 3.

Kingsley isn't that good defensively.

SpruceBringsteen

Infinitely more interested in supporting Rangers than he is in playing for Hearts.

SidewaysFitba
46 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Infinitely more interested in supporting Rangers than he is in playing for Hearts.

How would you rate him v Gomis when he was here?

Rick James

He's alright cover for left back, but I imagine he's on a decent wage so I'd rather have someone else if possible.

Halliday would be the first player I'd empty tomorrow if I was manager.

1 hour ago, SidewaysFitba said:

A whole two.  Almost a war crime

It’s a compliment from one of the Old Guard. Keep up the good work.

Halliday takes too many holidays for my liking when he plays midfield and as a left back he’s slow, his passing is crap and his movement is abysmal. Yes Halliday is not my favourite player as you might of gathered.

Jean Louis Valois
2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Has he told you that aye?

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Definitely but as a back up to Kingsley 

Kingsley is a terrible defender… will struggle next year. 

Just now, Jean Louis Valois said:

Has he told you that aye?

He is a bit of a professional Rangers supporter tbf. I’m not bothered and think he’s decent on the left but he deserves any stick for banging on about Rangers that he gets. 

The Lad put in a right good shift in the last few games. It changed my view of him. Keep it up. 

King prawn
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Lad put in a right good shift in the last few games. It changed my view of him. Keep it up. 

Mine too

Unknown user
31 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yeah he definitely showed himself to be more capable at LB than midfield. Is he good enough to justify keeping as a back up left back/shite midfielder on ex hun wages though? Not for me, and as I can't stand to see a Hearts player publicly loving the hun at every opportunity I hope he doesn't hang around long.

36 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

👍👍 me too

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Would you not continue to support Hearts if you played for Rangers? 

SidewaysFitba
4 hours ago, Locky said:

He's alright cover for left back, but I imagine he's on a decent wage so I'd rather have someone else if possible.

Halliday would be the first player I'd empty tomorrow if I was manager.

Damour would be mine.

SidewaysFitba
2 hours ago, Shanks said:

Wait, please tell me halliday doesnt have another ****ing year on his contract?

Pretty certain it's at least a year.

Didn’t rate him but he finished the season well and changed my mind, think he’ll be a good squad option next season but I do worry that he’ll be a starter due to being pally with the coaching staff

5 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Didn’t rate him but he finished the season well and changed my mind, think he’ll be a good squad option next season but I do worry that he’ll be a starter due to being pally with the coaching staff

Neilson and his besty Jig. Auld huns act.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Been decent all season, Under rated imo. 

Even Halliday himself wouldn’t say he had been decent all season. 4/5 games max.

More a left back than centre mid

Can compete with Kingsley there. If needs be Kingsley can play at CB in a 3. 

Need good options and competition for places. Can’t go into a season relying on 1 player for each position 

SidewaysFitba
6 minutes ago, R1874 said:

More a left back than centre mid

Can compete with Kingsley there. If needs be Kingsley can play at CB in a 3. 

Need good options and competition for places. Can’t go into a season relying on 1 player for each position 

Yes.  We probably got lucky that SK avoided many injuries this season, given how badly injury has dogged his career.   

This is My Story Podcast

Kingsley hasn’t kicked a ball for us since the cup final. Halliday gets battered, we are guilty of it as well, but he’s been solid all season. At LWB he has been brilliant. 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He can't hide as wingback like he does in midfield. His best games for us.

stranraer-jambo
4 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Halliday is a better option than Kingsley for me.

I agree. Nice to have an option too.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Even Halliday himself wouldn’t say he had been decent all season. 4/5 games max.

Nah, he's been good maybe 4/5 games, but decent all season. 

Don't think he plays bad often. Always solid and decent imo. 

Bang average player. 

Lives off 2-3 good games a year. 

If he is still with us and plays against Rangers next year it'll be interesting to see how much effort he puts in. 

17 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The last few games wow give him a 4 year contract..........Not !

16 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Halliday is a better option than Kingsley for me.

I’d empty the two of them they’re just not good enough.

Pasquale for King

He has more time and space at LWB. If we play a four in midfield it might be better if he plays on the left of the four with a winger on the right. That’s where he played as a youngster..
He is certainly not a defensive midfielder. 

20 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Please no.

KyleLafferty

So Halliday gets invited on to shows, then gets asked questions on rangers? Hearts are happy for him to go on 👍🏻. Also think he’s been decent for us, even when we’ve been bad he seems to be one who Atleast tries to get stuck in. He also must have about 8-10 assists last season and few goals. I prefer him LWB, he was a winger all his days till he went to Bradford.

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

So Halliday gets invited on to shows, then gets asked questions on rangers? Hearts are happy for him to go on 👍🏻. Also think he’s been decent for us, even when we’ve been bad he seems to be one who Atleast tries to get stuck in. He also must have about 8-10 assists last season and few goals. I prefer him LWB, he was a winger all his days till he went to Bradford.

Hearts are happy, so what? Hearts are happy to keep Robbie as manager but plenty are vocally against that.

Smithee ****ing hates a Hearts player bumming up the hun on a weekly basis.