2. 1-0 up then mckenna and stamp beat them

3. Mixu last min penalty to win the game. Chips it over the bar

4.  1-0 v 10 men then Orztik scores 

5. 5-1 thrashing 

6. Kevin hibsed penalty.

7.  St Johnston league cup 

8. St Johnston Scottish Cup today 

9.  Robbo scores last min with 10 men. 

10.  2-0 up in play off v hamilon 1st leg but hibs it on penalties in the 2nd.

Any more??? 😎😎😎

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• martoon

• Auldbenches

• davemclaren

• Kiwidoug

A fan site that can't cope with angry fans without shutting down.

Edited by martoon

Hibs give themselves more than a glimmer of hope through McPake only for Kujabi to concede a penalty and get himself sent off at the earliest possible opportunity thereafter.

I’d say the Mercer Derby.  Absolutely their chance for some sort of karma and they completely hibsed it.  Pathetic pitch invasions and then all the tears and snorters that followed was just brilliant. 

oh, and the fozzy cup game. Got back to 1-1 and bossing the game only for bandy legs to let fozzy score through his legs 🤣🍾🇱🇻

Edited by 1971fozzy

25th August, Premier League,

Hibernian 1 Heart of Midlothian 2.

29th August, League Cup,

Hibernian 1 Meadowbank Thistle 2.

An early example of the kind of thing that lead to "Hibs'd it" becoming a popular and widely used phrase all over Scotland.

Arranging their League Cup celebration for immediately after a home derby.

What on earth could possibly go wrong?

hughesie27

Today was not a Hibsing. If they'd been winning at any point then sure. Or the example of missing the penalty v us in the semi and then subsequently losing the game. But losing a Final when you are barely just favourites isn't what I'd call a Hibsing.

my understanding of a Hibsing was specifically when they failed in the face of victory. St J have gotten the better of them most games this season before today.

Edited by hughesie27

1 minute ago, leginten said:

haha. We didn’t leave . Superb day

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’d say the Mercer Derby.  Absolutely their chance for some sort of karma and they completely hibsed it.  Pathetic pitch invasions and then all the tears and snorters that followed was just brilliant. 

Quite a few Hibs scarves invaded the pitch, too.

Fight to save their club then, a few weeks later, symbolically give up on them. 

:rofl:

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Today was not a Hibsing. If they'd been winning at any point then sure, but losing a Final when you are barely just favourites isn't what I'd call a Hibsing.

against a team that many players hadn’t trained for 2 weeks ? And finished below them in the league ?

granted not up there but it was I’d argue a minor hibsed it moment

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

against a team that many players hadn’t trained for 2 weeks ? And finished below them in the league ?

Today does have stiff opposition.

Probably doesn't even crack the top ten but, you're right, fozzy, it still counts. 

hughesie27
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

It's St Johnstone, they finished 5th ( I think). Hardly miles behind Hibs.

I wouldn't even consider 5-1 a Hibsing. I really feel like they had to have had almost guarenteed victory snatched from them.

Their 6-6 game V Motherwell, I'm sure they were 6-2 up at some point. That was an epic early Hibsing.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

Their 6-6 game V Motherwell, I'm sure they were 6-2 up at some point. That was an epic early Hibsing.

A belter, hughesie.

Auldbenches
24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hamilton win the playoff after being 2 goals down at home. 

Especially after trying to have a party in someone else's house a few weeks before.  

My skanky Hibs neighbours who threw their "cup winners" house party today even though they lost.

Until I (and others) reported them for holding an illegal house party and they all got taken away in polis vans.

:jjyay:

Auldbenches
17 minutes ago, leginten said:

That's the funniest thing I've ever seen Hearts fans do.  Missed that derby and regret it.  Shoes off etc was just excellent.  

hughesie27
1 minute ago, Cade said:

My skanky Hibs neighbours who threw their "cup winners" house party today even though they lost.

Until I (and others) reported them for holding an illegal house party and they all got taken away in polis vans.

Uncool. If it's even true.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Hamilton win the playoff after being 2 goals down at home. 

Just this. I don't think I have ever cheered so loud then laughed so hard! Butcher's face at Full time was a picture

2 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

Especially after trying to have a party in someone else's house a few weeks before.  

Yes, from planning a party to that in two simple lessons.  Party one day.  Three years in the championship the next.

cosanostra
2 hours ago, Cade said:

😂😂 

A great result if true. 

4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Today was not a Hibsing. If they'd been winning at any point then sure. Or the example of missing the penalty v us in the semi and then subsequently losing the game. But losing a Final when you are barely just favourites isn't what I'd call a Hibsing.

my understanding of a Hibsing was specifically when they failed in the face of victory. St J have gotten the better of them most games this season before today.

True. But when you get all over confident and fall flat on your ugly, spottie, Heroin riddled coupon. Well... That's when you've hibsed it. 

:fth:

A_A wehatethehibs

It has to be the relegation party

Still cracks me up, in the season where we were being punished and frequently humiliated, due to a points deduction and transfer embargo… Hibs managed to get themselves relegated as well 😂 without even a points deduction or anything 🤣

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Finlay James

The ultimate hibsing was the season we were both relegated.

Yesterday wasn't a hibsing moment 

Samuel Camazzola

Their manager referring to us as a pub team only for his mob to lose to said pub team. 

Having the opportunity to sign Adam. He then signs for us and goes on to lift the cup. 

been here before
7 hours ago, Cade said:

Aye, that happened.

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

Livi league cup few years ago 

Definitely, especially having beaten both Rangers and Celtic in the previous rounds.

8 hours ago, martoon said:

Relegation party planning.

Weird thing to say but that season will give me fond memories for the rest of my years. 

Your city rivals are destined for the drop. The one thing you don’t do is go down with them. 

But then there’s Hibs...

Mr Brightside

Loosing to Ross County in a league cup final.

Loosing to Falkirk in the championship play offs.

Auldbenches
5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Yes, from planning a party to that in two simple lessons.  Party one day.  Three years in the championship the next.

That is what you call the ultimate hibsing it.  

6 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

Just this. I don't think I have ever cheered so loud then laughed so hard! Butcher's face at Full time was a picture

Tom English wrote an article not long after the Hamilton game and one section is still pure gold to this day ......

"On a day of many memorable images, there was one that springs to mind. Minutes before the end of normal time, and with his side clinging to a 2-1 lead like a man hanging from a cliff-top, Butcher walked to the edge of his technical area and started flapping his arms madly, like a big old bird attempting to take flight.

Flap, flap went Butcher and flap, flap went Butcher's players. Flap went his defenders as they hoofed the ball clear with the composure of men whose trousers were on fire. Flap went his midfielders and his strikers, devoid of confidence and any semblance of leadership.

This has been the way of it all season. Those panic-struck moments were the year - the era - microcosm. A flapathon."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27569763

3 minutes ago, Zen Jambo said:

Weird thing to say but that season will give me fond memories for the rest of my years. 

Your city rivals are destined for the drop. The one thing you don’t do is go down with them. 

But then there’s Hibs...

Me too, Zen.

A season of administration, a 15 point penalty and ultimate relegation should have been a complete nightmare with no redeeming features.

It wasn't, thanks to Hibs.

Derby thrashing threats/predictions,

Hearts 1-0,

0-1 Hearts,

Protests,

Fenlon sacked,

TBGWA,

Party planning,

Hearts 2-0,

1-2 Hearts,

Hibs 0-1 Killie,

Jason Scotland,

Hibs 0-2 Hamilton,

Kevin Thomson,

Jason Cummings,

Relegation,

Blowfish,

Sergey and his yacht,

Butcher sacked,

CVA agreed...

and anything else I've forgotten. 

10 minutes ago, heartsfan said:

Tom English wrote an article not long after the Hamilton game and one section is still pure gold to this day ......

"On a day of many memorable images, there was one that springs to mind. Minutes before the end of normal time, and with his side clinging to a 2-1 lead like a man hanging from a cliff-top, Butcher walked to the edge of his technical area and started flapping his arms madly, like a big old bird attempting to take flight.

Flap, flap went Butcher and flap, flap went Butcher's players. Flap went his defenders as they hoofed the ball clear with the composure of men whose trousers were on fire. Flap went his midfielders and his strikers, devoid of confidence and any semblance of leadership.

This has been the way of it all season. Those panic-struck moments were the year - the era - microcosm. A flapathon."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27569763

:rofl:

15 minutes ago, martoon said:

Me too, Zen.

A season of administration, a 15 point penalty and ultimate relegation should have been a complete nightmare with no redeeming features.

It wasn't, thanks to Hibs.

Derby thrashing threats/predictions,

Hearts 1-0,

0-1 Hearts,

Protests,

Fenlon sacked,

TBGWA,

Party planning,

Hearts 2-0,

1-2 Hearts,

Hibs 0-1 Killie,

Jason Scotland,

Hibs 0-2 Hamilton,

Kevin Thomson,

Jason Cummings,

Relegation,

Blowfish,

Sergey and his yacht,

Butcher sacked,

CVA agreed...

and anything else I've forgotten. 

:glorious:x1000

8 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yesterday they didn't hibsit. They BOTTLED IT. They give us dogs abuse for doing the same thing especially late eighties/early nineties. The reality is they've only won it once in last 119 years. So I ask any hobbit interloper, who are the real bottle merchants? FTH 

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

The ultimate hibsing was the season we were both relegated.

Yesterday wasn't a hibsing moment 

Losing three times at a Hampden in one season is HIBSING it big time. 

Hibsing/bottling it is the same thing to me. It’s means even though everything is in their favour and points to a Hibs victory they still find a way to make an arse of it. 

Like the semi final when they were playing a team unfairly demoted, financially disadvantaged, lost half a team and started their season 3 months later than them. And still got beat. 

They were handed a piss easy run into the final where they play St Johnstone. A team that finished about 20 points behind them in the table and that just had EIGHT first team players self isolating through covid? It was the Scottish cup final ffs. 😂