A very big moment today

tolcross lad

Once again the usual suspects, instead of celebrating another monumental Hibs eff up, drone on about Hearts record. Baffling.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• thewiseone

• OldGorgie

• tolcross lad

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Off course it does.  Hibs going into the new season after winning would do wonders for their confidence.  As someone else said, this changes the whole dynamic.  

You thinking them winning would've made no difference at all? 

To Hearts and what we need to do-no. 

For hibs fans and tears, yes. But nae ****ing luck to them goblins. 

St Johnstone won the cup double and expect them to be  shite as normal next season. 

We need to invest in decent players none of this take a punt malarkey which hasn’t worked out well for us. 
Im still not convinced by our current recruitment strategy. I would back up my thoughts by some of the absolute dross we brought last season. 
What can we do about it, to be honest I’m at a loss for suggestions other than Neilson has to go along with the other coaches. Replaced by? Once again I’ve no idea. 

Hib’s are not the model I’d be looking at. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There is fundamentally no reason for Hibernian Football Club to exist. Never was. 

For our amusement? 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Decent season for them. 

This is absolutely all it is. A good season in the sea of mediocrity they usually sail in.

No pendulum swing. They’ve won the big cup twice in over 100 years and now we’re back in the same league 

FTH

Edited by Jamhammer

Hibs had a very decent season, one that we'd probably be pretty happy with. Cracks me up however, that despite their best league finish since 2005, they want the manager and players gone.

That said, despite their good season, we're back to piss in their cage. I sincerely hope we grasp the opportunity with both hands and stick them well and truly back in their box.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

If you dont understand the concept of momentum you dont understand anything mate.

My youngest son sent me Hearts fans celebrating the St Johnstone victory in our local pub.It was just not about 1 result.No way.He knew and they knew it was much bigger than that.

Sweeping statement. 

For example, The momentum St Johnstone get from this does not worry me and i'm sure whoever won the cup does not affect Hearts plans. 

The fans will swing from emotional highs and lows and this will continue - it's just football. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

We need to invest in decent players none of this take a punt malarkey which hasn’t worked out well for us. 
Im still not convinced by our current recruitment strategy. I would back up my thoughts by some of the absolute dross we brought last season. 
What can we do about it, to be honest I’m at a loss for suggestions other than Neilson has to go along with the other coaches. Replaced by? Once again I’ve no idea. 

Hib’s are not the model I’d be looking at. 

I think Neilson will have (hopefully) watched how well St J have done with 3 at the back and taken some heart from that. I think that's how we might line-up next season with Souttar back and with Halkett looking better as part of a 3. Depends who we can get as wingbacks though.

husref musemic

st Johnstone completing a cup double at hibs expense is just magical. they manage on a shoestring budget punching well above there weight & recruit really well. 

these teams will tear this current hearts squad a new one. a busy and effective summer required. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It would seem so.

We're still shite.

Rangers are shite 

They laughed at us when we lost to Celtic. Now is our time to rub it in. 

Get it right round everyone of them. Losers to a man. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, husref musemic said:

st Johnstone completing a cup double at hibs expense is just magical. they manage on a shoestring budget punching well above there weight & recruit really well. 

these teams will tear this current hearts squad a new one. a busy and effective summer required. 

Hibs and Celtic didn't this season. Different league, different approach to games by the opposition, I think we'll see a different Hearts next season, including some new recruits.

Edited by ToqueJambo

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sweeping statement. 

For example, The momentum St Johnstone get from this does not worry me and i'm sure whoever won the cup does not affect Hearts plans. 

The fans will swing from emotional highs and lows and this will continue - it's just football. 

Hibs could have done what Aberdeen have done and really kicked on, especially with the income that Europe upto Xmas would have guaranteed them. Now they’ll get knocked out in the early rounds and hopefully lose some of there better players. 

allystrachan

The momentum hasn’t swung for us. It’s just stopped hibs gaining any more. This loss could really impact them, however it doesn’t change the fact we need to step up to the plate & be counted.

FTH! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

OP has a valid point. The preferred European route, winner's and perhaps appearing to other people as upwardly mobile, no European guarantee, losing to a smaller club and missing opportunities, maybe not so attractive to others 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Decent season for them. 

I'd be spewing if I was a Hibs fan right now. 

They would rightly have laughed their cocks off at our SC exit but they have been beaten three times at Hampden this season, once by us in a game they simply could not realistically lose and twice by Saints, today in the most gutless display imaginable. 

3rd place won't paper over that nonsense. Their fans are seething tonight. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

Auldbenches
6 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

The momentum hasn’t swung for us. It’s just stopped hibs gaining any more. This loss could really impact them, however it doesn’t change the fact we need to step up to the plate & be counted.

FTH! 

I think your first sentence sums the whole thing up.  It has stopped them in their tracks and it's up to us to sign better players.  

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Hibs could have done what Aberdeen have done and really kicked on, especially with the income that Europe upto Xmas would have guaranteed them. Now they’ll get knocked out in the early rounds and hopefully lose some of there better players. 

Hibs are shite. 

Over rated on here. 

They'll be 6th or 7th next season as per. 

Absolutely shite. 

Silvery_Moon
1 hour ago, tolcross lad said:

Today was all about the pendulum that swings in Edinburgh football.In my time as a boy in the Fifties to the present day it has swung mainly towards Hearts but there have been bad times for us eg early 70s.

Had Hibs won today that would have been 2 Scottish cups within 5 years.They are in Europe.Hearts are emerging from relegation and Hibs have finished 3rd.Had they won today  momentum was all theirs.

Some people dont seem to understand how important this result is for our club.Nor do they understand momentum.

:spoton:

Personally I am feeling a lot better about next season now. A second Hibs Cup win in 5 years and us persisting with Neilson would have been demoralising in my opinion. 

Whilst Neilson is remaining at least they have blown their big chance of glory and it hopefully (and finally) gives Hearts the kick up the backside it needs. 

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'd be spewing if I was a Hibs fan right now. 

They would rightly have laughed their cocks off at our SC exit but they have been beaten three times at Hampden this season, once by us in a game they simply could not realistically lose and twice by Saints, today in the most gutless display imaginable. 

3rd place won't paper over that nonsense. Their fans are seething tonight. 

They'll never have a better chance to win a cup double (or even a cup treble) in their history and they know it.

2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It would seem so.

We're still shite.

Assuming you watched the game today.

One team finished 3rd in the top league and the other won two domestic cups bother were utterly horrendous and served up 90 mins of dosshite. 

We are not alone in being shite , the whole of the league bar Rangers and Celtic are, a couple of tweaks and 3rd is easily achievable. 

6 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Assuming you watched the game today.

One team finished 3rd in the top league and the other won two domestic cups bother were utterly horrendous and served up 90 mins of dosshite. 

We are not alone in being shite , the whole of the league bar Rangers and Celtic are, a couple of tweaks and 3rd is easily achievable. 

Absolutely, been saying it for months. Cup results between top league teams and clubs from lower leagues reinforces your point. 
I am now expecting top 3/4 next season. 

tolcross lad
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sweeping statement. 

It's not St johnstone that we are talking about.Pleased for them.Its the momentum that Hibs would have got had they won.Momentum means a lot at various levels.Its why Ferguson used the "noisy neighbours".He knew exactly which way the wind was beginning to blow.I f you dont get fair enough.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

It's not St johnstone that we are talking about.Pleased for them.Its the momentum that Hibs would have got had they won.Momentum means a lot at various levels.Its why Ferguson used the "noisy neighbours".He knew exactly which way the wind was beginning to blow.I f you dont get fair enough.

Hibs are shite, momentum or not. They never worry me. 

Even this season we put them in their box. 

If bitches had a bitch, it would be hibs. 

Cup win, no cup win, Hibs are shite. 

Silvery_Moon
4 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

You have absolutely nailed it. Just look at the momentum Hibs got from their 2016 cup win. They were galvanised and it's crazy to think that there were Hearts fans that actually wanted Hibs to win back then. 

42 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs are shite. 

Over rated on here. 

They'll be 6th or 7th next season as per. 

Absolutely shite. 

Don’t disagree, but so is everyone else (bar St Johnstone), hibs just the least shitest. 

thewiseone
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Hibees I know are furious. Three very decent cup win chances this season and blew it badly each time. At least we won our big semi final and turned up in a cup final this season.

Should have won that cup final despite the first half performance!

Silvery_Moon
1 minute ago, thewiseone said:

Agreed. I haven't forgiven Kingsley for the lack of run up at his penalty. 

Auldbenches
4 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

You have absolutely nailed it. Just look at the momentum Hibs got from their 2016 cup win. They were galvanised and it's crazy to think that there were Hearts fans that actually wanted Hibs to win back then. 

Their crowds were down to 7000 that season.  If they hadn't win the cup they would've been down to 4000 the next season on the championship 

Off course momentum matters.  

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, thewiseone said:

We shouldn't have been anywhere near it in reality. We did better than anyone could have hoped in that game and the semi against Hibs. No-one else has pushed Celtic that close in a cup final for years. In fact the only other team to get close was us again the season before. 

3 hours ago, tolcross lad said:

On the field of play for Hearts fans the last 6 years represent failure.Its been hard to be an HMFC supporter.Lets not mention Brora.The pendulum had definitely swung towards the Hibs.

3rd in league sitting on the John McGinn profit and looking at big money for Nisbet and Doig.(forget the Porteous nonsense)

Today is a big moment make no mistake.

Momentum gone for Hibs and their support.Asset players exposed as pretty average.Big operating losses and needing to sell players.

The wind has definitely gone from their sails today.

Sadly we have a bit to go before we'll manage 3rd in the league. 

thewiseone
Just now, Silvery_Moon said:

Agreed. I haven't forgiven Kingsley for the lack of run up at his penalty. 

In fact both finals against that mob were there for the taking. We'll not have a better chance than presented. 

Both performances lacked belief, an age old problem when it comes to Hearts v old firm, nothing more!

2 hours ago, EH11 said:

Let's celebrate ANOTHER Hibs failure by having a pop at our own team 🙄

Is that how low we’ve sunk now ? We cling on to celebrating Hibs failures ?  Personally I though it was awful game decided by one back post mis-match. Hibs could have won it. I wasn’t that bothered either way. The only thing worth celebrating for me is Hearts winning something meaningful. At our historical best we’d have beaten either team today in a canter. So let’s get back there instead of getting a hard on guffawing at a poor and mostly irrelevant nonentity of a football club

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

thewiseone
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

We shouldn't have been anywhere near it in reality. We did erroded better than anyone could have hoped in that game and the semi against Hibs. No-one else has pushed Celtic that close in a cup final for years. In fact the only other team to get close was us again the season before. 

Exactly the sort of mentality that needs erroded 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Galvanized? They finished 4th, 5th and 7th before this season's 3rd. They did nothing in the cups between then and this season as well, getting pumped out the SC twice by us.

tolcross lad
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Make no mistake I dont like Hibs.Iwas brought up like that.Its prejudice pure and simple just like fans with local rivals every where.

But I am not that daft that I cannot see if they have a better side or that they are threatening top dog status.And anyone and his dog could see how we have been faultering in recent years.Today whatever we all feel about recent years should help us reset.

So let's see this as a good day. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

In fact both finals against that mob were there for the taking. We'll not have a better chance than presented. 

Both performances lacked belief, an age old problem when it comes to Hearts v old firm, nothing more!

This is a joke right? Take a look again at our teams for both those finals - the weakest teams we've ever had in SC finals. Lack of belief my arse. We had a real go in both games  - more so than any other team the last few years against Celtic in finals.

And we do not have an age-old lack of belief against the OF. 98 obviously and the LC final vs Rangers not long before. We put Rangers out last season, beat Celtic on the way to our last cup win and as I say pushed Celtic very close in our last two finals.

Edited by ToqueJambo

McGlynn The Money
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

12 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Couldn't agree more. I honestly think anyone on here who wanted Hibs to win in 2016 is not a real Hearts fan. I can't stand Rangers but I'd have taken them winning that cup over Hibs every day of the week. Especially when you see the boost they got from it.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Is that how low we’ve sunk now ? We cling on to celebrating Hibs failures ?  Personally I though it was awful game decided by one back post mis-match. Hibs could have won it. I wasn’t that bothered either way. The only thing worth celebrating for me is Hearts winning something meaningful. At our historical best we’d have beaten either team today in a canter. So let’s get back there instead of getting a hard on guffawing at a poor and mostly irrelevant nonentity of a football club

Get a grip. You’ve written the biggest piece of utter garbage I’ve read in a while 

Hibs are a complete and utter irrelevance. If that shower of absolute shite on display today is the current third force of Scottish fitbaw, then I have no fear, even with Robbie at the helm.

Gordon. Souttar. Kingsley. Haring. Boyce. Mackay-Steven. Ginnelly. McEneff with the shackles off. Young Henderson. Naisy from the bench. Jettison the dross, build a young team around these lads, as we'll own those Flumps as per usual.

I have many concerns about Hearts. Many. I have zero concerns about putting those clowns back in their box. None. 

FTH, and all who sail in her.

Edited by blairdin

thewiseone
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is a joke right? Take a look again at our teams for both those finals - the weakest teams we've ever had in SC finals. Lack of belief my arse. We had a real go in both games  - more so than any other team the last few years against Celtic in finals.

It was all there for the taking. 

The latest one 2/0 down and doing great to get back to 2/2 normally teams in this position go on and win it,! 

The previous final, kid yourself all you want, granted the team was poor but on the day were the better team but that age old problem of lack of self belief allowed a poor Celtic team on the day to triumph

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, thewiseone said:

It was all there for the taking. 

The latest one 2/0 down and doing great to get back to 2/2 normally teams in this position go on and win it,! 

The previous final, kid yourself all you want, granted the team was poor but on the day were the better team but that age old problem of lack of self belief allowed a poor Celtic team on the day to triumph

Oh you're being serious. Of all the games you can quite fairly accuse Hearts of a lack of belief in, that Celtic cup final (in fact both of them) are not the games. It was a fantastic effort in both cases, both results swinging on a mistake and reffing decision in the first and the width of a post in the second. There are other cup finals - St Mirren LC, Aberdeen 86 when you might have a point, but not those two.

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Make no mistake I dont like Hibs.Iwas brought up like that.Its prejudice pure and simple just like fans with local rivals every where.

But I am not that daft that I cannot see if they have a better side or that they are threatening top dog status.And anyone and his dog could see how we have been faultering in recent years.Today whatever we all feel about recent years should help us reset.

So let's see this as a good day. 

It's only a good day if Hearts improve. 

I don't judge Hearts success on hibs failures, I judge Hearts on Hearts success. 

We'll be above them next season. 

They are shite. 

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Hibs are a complete and utter irrelevance. If that shower of absolute shite on display today is the current third force of Scottish fitbaw, then I have no fear, even with Robbie at the helm.

Gordon. Souttar. Kingsley. Haring. Boyce. Mackay-Steven. Ginnelly. McEneff with the shackles off. Young Henderson. Naisy from the bench. Jettison the dross, build a young team around these lads, as we'll own those Flumps as per usual.

I have many concerns about Hearts. Many. I have zero concerns about putting those clowns back in their box. None. 

FTH, and all who sail in her.

Yip. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Don’t disagree, but so is everyone else (bar St Johnstone), hibs just the least shitest. 

Yip. 

We can aim for being the least shitest next year. 

Scottish fitba is great.