A very big moment today

tolcross lad

tolcross lad

On the field of play for Hearts fans the last 6 years represent failure.Its been hard to be an HMFC supporter.Lets not mention Brora.The pendulum had definitely swung towards the Hibs.

3rd in league sitting on the John McGinn profit and looking at big money for Nisbet and Doig.(forget the Porteous nonsense)

Today is a big moment make no mistake.

Momentum gone for Hibs and their support.Asset players exposed as pretty average.Big operating losses and needing to sell players.

The wind has definitely gone from their sails today.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• thewiseone

• OldGorgie

• tolcross lad

William H. Bonney

I doubt that very much. Granted they will be down after losing a cup final, who wouldn’t, but I can’t see what else will change. 
They will more than likely challenge us for a top 4 place next season. To think otherwise is silly. 

Always hard to be taken serious given where we are but 63 points or whatever itbwas isn't THAT great a season

Aberdeen all over the place, Celtic pants by standards, no one else put a run together at all.

But hibs behaving like they bossed it and still all the talk of their flair.

If we don't go up and beat their points total from this season,  we should be very disappointed.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

On the field of play for Hearts fans the last 6 years represent failure.Its been hard to be an HMFC supporter.Lets not mention Brora.The pendulum had definitely swung towards the Hibs.

3rd in league sitting on the John McGinn profit and looking at big money for Nisbet and Doig.(forget the Porteous nonsense)

Momentum gone for Hibs and their support.Asset players exposed as pretty average.Big operating losses and needing to sell players.

6 years? 6 years ago we were finishing 3rd in the Premiership while they were 2nd in the Championship. They then laboured to win the Championship and only finished 4th in their first season back. They finished 7th last season and finished 3rd this season, more down to Aberdeen declining severely than any brilliance from them. They also blew an excellent chance to play in and win 3 cup finals, losing the only derby this seasons in the process. What is this momentum you speak of? Agree with the last couple of sentences definitely. Was there really that much wind in their sails or was it the usual bigging Hibs up hot air from the press?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Decent season for them. 

The Hibees I know are furious. Three very decent cup win chances this season and blew it badly each time. At least we won our big semi final and turned up in a cup final this season.

Edited by ToqueJambo

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The Hearts media deflection team working overtime this weekend🙄

It would seem so.

We're still shite.

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

6 years? 6 years ago we were finishing 3rd in the Premiership while they were 2nd in the Championship. They then laboured to win the Championship and only finished 4th in their first season back. They finished 7th last season and finished 3rd this season, more down to Aberdeen declining severely than any brilliance from them. They also blew an excellent chance to play in and win 3 cup finals, losing the only derby this seasons in the process. What is this momentum you speak of?

I think your post is closer to the truth than the OP 

Absolutely the last thing I want to do is rain on St Johnston's parade but looking to the near future, they need putting in their place as well as the lochend shower.

We have a lot of ground to make up.

tolcross lad
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

6 years? 6 years ago we were finishing 3rd in the Premiership while they were 2nd in the Championship. They then laboured to win the Championship and only finished 4th in their first season back. They finished 7th last season and finished 3rd this season, more down to Aberdeen declining severely than any brilliance from them. They also blew an excellent chance to play in and win 3 cup finals, losing the only derby this seasons in the process. What is this momentum you speak of?

You dont recognise it you dont want to.

Today was a big moment for us.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, tolcross lad said:

It certainly cheered me up. Some others not so much it seems. 

NaturalOrder74

100 percent win rate against them this year from a league below, only 3rd cos let’s face it we weren’t there to take points off them 😂 

jamboinglasgow

I thought Jack Ross' comments after the match was telling, basically washing his hands of what will happen in the summer with players going.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

It was one more in a long line of opportunities to have a good laugh at our neighbours' expense definitely. I think we have to aim higher than being better than Hibs. Aberdeen and St J might be our main rivals for 3rd next season.

10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It would seem so.

We're still shite.

Let's celebrate ANOTHER Hibs failure by having a pop at our own team 🙄

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, EH11 said:

Let's celebrate ANOTHER Hibs failure by having a pop at our own team 🙄

:laugh2:

manaliveits105

Only hibs could vote us down and yet still manage to maintain the natural order by losing to us in the only derby game as well as bottling it in  two other Hampden games and cheering us up further - Thank you hibs please never change

Hibs squad vastly overated, their season total would have got them 5th place in the last 5 seasons. Apart from Rangers the league standard has been exceptionally poor, they have some friends in media circles that love to bum them up but struggle to remember any sort of consistent form they hit this season.  

Things in Edinburgh change very quickly, in the last 10 years we have seen it all, I just hope we have learnt our mistakes.

billybalfour

I just don't believe the figures being bandied about for their players.If Doig is worth £4m I think we would have commanded a much bigger fee for Hickey.Porteous is another Popescu and Nisbet has to show what he can do in a 2nd season.I have my doubts.Boyle going for £500k will be a big blow to them if they get it.He makes the difference when on his game.

I don't think anybody is factoring in the difficulty these 2 teams will be having if they have European games up until Christmas.If Robbie gets his act together and makes some astute signings I think Aberdeen may push us and maybe not.

Anyway the longer we aren't playing the more positive I am getting.It's like how good a player becomes when he is out injured.

Today's game cheered me up immensely and I don't really see what we have to worry about for next season.

One thing that may hold us back is the boycott of away games if we are allowed back in.I assume this will be going ahead unless the Federation decide it will be detrimental.

SectionDJambo

I agree that if Hibs had won today it may have given them positive momentum and even more media hype filling their sails. Losing will have knocked them back, not least because they drop out of Europa League qualifying as a result. There have been some optimistic figures banded about regarding financial rewards for the new Conference, but it won’t be a goldmine for a Scottish club. Their confidence and morale must be negatively affected after losing 3 big cup ties at Hampden in such a short time. Contrast that with the anticipated boast of having won the cup twice in 5 years.

They clearly hoped that Hearts being dumped into the Championship would result in them stretching away but I get the impression that the demotion may have actually wakened Hearts up.  Time will tell.

It was difficult to get very good players into Tynecastle due to being in the 2nd tier and not playing until October.Other than playing in a low grade European competition, Hibs won’t have that advantage this time. Indeed, the extra games and potential long distance travel could put quite a strain on the Hibs squad as we head into the winter.

We hope for more positive news from Hearts next week and beyond.

Malinga the Swinga

Some folk are so ****ing miserable, they can't even laugh at Hibs constant ability to bottle it on big occasions. 

Luckily, they are very much in the minority. 

37 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Hibees I know are furious. Three very decent cup win chances this season and blew it badly each time. At least we won our big semi final and turned up in a cup final this season.

Wins to losses ratio must be pretty good though. 

Fxxx the SPFL
30 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Absolutely the last thing I want to do is rain on St Johnston's parade but looking to the near future, they need putting in their place as well as the lochend shower.

We have a lot of ground to make up.

don't worry we'll get either 12 or 9 points off them next season Hobos that is St Johnstone well that's a different kettle of fish they are stubborn solid team.

tolcross lad
4 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Hibs squad vastly overated, their season total would have got them 5th place in the last 5 seasons. Apart from Rangers the league standard has been exceptionally poor, they have some friends in media circles that love to bum them up but struggle to remember any sort of consistent form they hit this season.  

Things in Edinburgh change very quickly, in the last 10 years we have seen it all, I just hope we have learnt our mistakes.

Today was all about the pendulum that swings in Edinburgh football.In my time as a boy in the Fifties to the present day it has swung mainly towards Hearts but there have been bad times for us eg early 70s.

Had Hibs won today that would have been 2 Scottish cups within 5 years.They are in Europe.Hearts are emerging from relegation and Hibs have finished 3rd.Had they won today  momentum was all theirs.

Some people dont seem to understand how important this result is for our club.Nor do they understand momentum.

SidewaysFitba

Really feel for the St Johnstone fans not being able to be there in this historic season for them.   
The way they are run is an example to the rest of Scottish football.   
By no means shocked they won today, they are a pretty good side who've had the measure of Hibs in most games.   
I'm hopeful that Hearts have their timing spot on and are ready to announce a couple of new faces + a good ST deal next week.

A note of caution would be the potential for decent income from sales this summer. 

Hibs are weaker from keeping Doig, Porteous and Nisbet. But spent well they could have a much better squad next season. 

Bazzas right boot

Disagree, the myth peddled on here by a strange few  that hibs are some sort of maurauding force in Scottish football is exactly that, cup win or no win. 

Hibs winning or losing today does not change what we need to do next season at all. 

Hibs and Aberdeen, the 3rd and 4th " best" teams are not that far ahead that we cannot close and over take them. They never where. 

All about what we do tho going forward. 

Hibs losing another final just makes it more fun for us as fans, does not effect what happens next season. 

They’ve got 3rd by having a lot of luck in games, by their cheating and by having an Aberdeen side that were so poor they couldn’t score in 10 games or something.

3rd is a great season league wise for them but like others have pointed out the hibs fans I know are absolutely furious. 
It’s just wonderful to see and hear  their pain. They know that Jack Dross is a serial loser and the penny is beginning to drop that Ron the Con will be pocketing a few bob when the superstars 🤣 are sold.

We must get signings right for next season. Put these muppets back in our pocket and restore the natural order

FTH

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

A note of caution would be the potential for decent income from sales this summer. 

Hibs are weaker from keeping Doig, Porteous and Nisbet. But spent well they could have a much better squad next season. 

Maybe but a chunk of the money will be spent closing the covid financial gap. The team won't benefit 

Recruitment is always a gamble as well- could work out better for them as you say, but could also go sideways for them. 

Riccarton3
6 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Wins to losses ratio must be pretty good though. 

Yes,sure the focus will be on that and not three underwhelming cup defeats

Auldbenches
6 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Today was all about the pendulum that swings in Edinburgh football.In my time as a boy in the Fifties to the present day it has swung mainly towards Hearts but there have been bad times for us eg early 70s.

Had Hibs won today that would have been 2 Scottish cups within 5 years.They are in Europe.Hearts are emerging from relegation and Hibs have finished 3rd.Had they won today  momentum was all theirs.

Some people dont seem to understand how important this result is for our club.Nor do they understand momentum.

I agree with you about them winning would've made things a lot more difficult next season.  Losing today is a massive setback in keeping ahead of us.  

We just need this to spur us on now. 

Get those big signings in soon...

49 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

6 years? 6 years ago we were finishing 3rd in the Premiership while they were 2nd in the Championship. They then laboured to win the Championship and only finished 4th in their first season back. They finished 7th last season and finished 3rd this season, more down to Aberdeen declining severely than any brilliance from them. They also blew an excellent chance to play in and win 3 cup finals, losing the only derby this seasons in the process. What is this momentum you speak of? Agree with the last couple of sentences definitely. Was there really that much wind in their sails or was it the usual bigging Hibs up hot air from the press?

Liking this post!

kingantti1874

**** hibs. Even if they sell those boys for money it will end up on Ron the cons pocket. Hearts are and always will be bigger and wealthier than those tramps

we need to put it on the pitch, it the managers responsibility and the players responsibility

fail to deliver again there should be no ****ing mercy. - get the **** out of my club

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

I doubt that very much. Granted they will be down after losing a cup final, who wouldn’t, but I can’t see what else will change. 
They will more than likely challenge us for a top 4 place next season. To think otherwise is silly. 

Experience has shown us that teams in Europe struggle to do well in the league, we’ve only qualified two years running twice for instance. It’s difficult to get up for league games before and after European ties. I think they may well struggle after getting beat in Europe to have a good season, we live in hope. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

They’ve got 3rd by having a lot of luck in games, by their cheating and by having an Aberdeen side that were so poor they couldn’t score in 10 games or something.

3rd is a great season league wise for them but like others have pointed out the hibs fans I know are absolutely furious. 
It’s just wonderful to see and hear  their pain. They know that Jack Dross is a serial loser and the penny is beginning to drop that Ron the Con will be pocketing a few bob when the superstars 🤣 are sold.

We must get signings right for next season. Put these muppets back in our pocket and restore the natural order

FTH

Hear hear 👍🏽👏🏾

tolcross lad
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Disagree, the myth peddled on here by a strange few  that hibs are some sort of maurauding force in Scottish football is exactly that, cup win or no win. 

Hibs winning or losing today does not change what we need to do next season at all. 

Hibs and Aberdeen, the 3rd and 4th " best" teams are not that far ahead that we cannot close and over take them. They never where. 

Hibs losing another final just makes it more fun for us as fans, does not effect what happens next season. 

If you dont understand the concept of momentum you dont understand anything mate.

My youngest son sent me Hearts fans celebrating the St Johnstone victory in our local pub.It was just not about 1 result.No way.He knew and they knew it was much bigger than that.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Experience has shown us that teams in Europe struggle to do well in the league, we’ve only qualified two years running twice for instance. It’s difficult to get up for league games before and after European ties. I think they may well struggle after getting beat in Europe to have a good season, we live in hope. 

Very true for teams outside the of, not seen the effect of a prolonged run on a non of team for a while but I agree, playing 3 times a week could very Likley effect league form. 

Just now, tolcross lad said:

If you dont understand the concept of momentum you dont understand anything mate.

My youngest son sent me Hearts fans celebrating the St Johnstone victory in our local pub.It was just not about 1 result.No way.He knew and they knew it was much bigger than that.

You are overthinking this far too much. 

Auldbenches
11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Off course it does.  Hibs going into the new season after winning would do wonders for their confidence.  As someone else said, this changes the whole dynamic.  

You thinking them winning would've made no difference at all? 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

I'm not sure losing a very winnable cup final not long after losing a very winnable cup semi final when the opposition would be st Mirren not long after losing a very winnable semi against us is much momentum. IN the league sure they've got their once in a. blue moon 3rd, but not very convincingly. Unless you mean they would have had momentum if they'd won, which is fair enough, but they didn't. Also look how they did after their 2016 win. They were really pretty average the following couple of seasons - 4th, 5th, 7th, 3rd. We've been shite but in normal times we'd be disappointed with that run of league finishes.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, tolcross lad said:

In isolation , it’s a belter. Totally enjoyable.  I’m not reading anything more into it than that, tbh.

Riccarton3
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

This thread is utterly baffling to me. 

Indeed. Simply normal service from the Hibs

1 hour ago, tolcross lad said:

Totally agree. 

Peruvian Ron was counting on Uefa money. Doig, Nesbitt, Portoeus shown up for what they are.

This is their Maribor moment. 

All a good laugh but we must rub it in.