Armand Gnanduillet

SidewaysFitba

SomethingAboutObua

Happy with the Hibs result today so I'll let myself be positive. I'm Happy with him, I'm going for full on positivity here when I say he's potentially the closest to De Vries we've had since Jankauskas, Kyle and Sow, only he's not old, injury prone and can hold up play. 

Uche was such a big letdown because he couldn't actually head the ball and got bated into the wrestling, Gnanduillet actually heads the ball and didn't do the wrestling in the second tier so I'm confident he'll avoid it in the top flight.  

He can make himself indispensable if GMS comes good and we get Ginnelly working beside him.

****in come aaannnn we're back in the top flight, Hibs are losing piss easy finals and by the statement the other day Neilson's hopefully been given a kick up the arse for playing shite football. Can't believe I'm actually positive about Hearts again 

Absolute Scenes

Blackpool fans were sad to see him go.

havent seen the best of him and I think him and Boyce will do well next season

PISTOL PETE 1874
1 hour ago, Longbaws said:

I think he'll stick at least 4 past Hibs next season 

What about the second game. How many will he score.????????????

SidewaysFitba
27 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Classic attempt at a deflection thread from a downcast Hibby 

Your shit and will always be shit. 

**** the Hibs

Another one for the ignore bin 

kingantti1874

18 goals in the English championship. A league at a far higher standard than the premier league 

he will be fine imo

SidewaysFitba
39 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Happy with the Hibs result today so I'll let myself be positive. I'm Happy with him, I'm going for full on positivity here when I say he's potentially the closest to De Vries we've had since Jankauskas, Kyle and Sow, only he's not old, injury prone and can hold up play. 

Uche was such a big letdown because he couldn't actually head the ball and got bated into the wrestling, Gnanduillet actually heads the ball and didn't do the wrestling in the second tier so I'm confident he'll avoid it in the top flight.  

He can make himself indispensable if GMS comes good and we get Ginnelly working beside him.

****in come aaannnn we're back in the top flight, Hibs are losing piss easy finals and by the statement the other day Neilson's hopefully been given a kick up the arse for playing shite football. Can't believe I'm actually positive about Hearts again 

Reminds me more of Bjørn Johnsen

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

18 goals in the English championship. A league at a far higher standard than the premier league 

he will be fine imo

League 1 surely?

SidewaysFitba
32 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Blackpool fans were sad to see him go.

havent seen the best of him and I think him and Boyce will do well next season

I've got a feeling Hearts will sign at least one good striker and AG will be demoted to the bench.

Rick James
2 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

St Johnstone and Schalke giving me top results this weekend. :lol:

Koln fan? Or just anti-Bremen? :lol:

Broxburn Jambo

I think he is a great asset to us and will be played at all different times.

Starter will cause real problems

Coming on as sub can change games completely

I don't want to make comparisons but I see a

more mobile version than De Vries

more physical version of Sow

KEEP HIM PLEASE

sandylejambo

Get him a wee bit fitter and up to speed and he'll be the dogs, come on big man sweat for the cause.

heartsfc_fan

He's got something about him. A lot of work off the ball people don't recognise.

Guest ToqueJambo

We've signed so many duff strikers recently, and we now have two who have complementing styles and who seem to know where the net is. These are the first two in ages who look like they could form a partnership. Not sure this is the area of most worry, but we do need another striker for competition/the squad.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Our front 4 next season will be Boyce, Ginnelly, GMS and the expensive contract.

SidewaysFitba
13 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Our front 4 next season will be Boyce, Ginnelly, GMS and the expensive contract.

The who?

I rate him. Surprised others don't seem to, maybe it's been so long since we've had a striket that you'd actually expect to score from a decent cross.  Great option to have as entirely different to Boyce.

2 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

I rate him. Surprised others don't seem to, maybe it's been so long since we've had a striket that you'd actually expect to score from a decent cross.  Great option to have as entirely different to Boyce.

the one thing he needs to work on is his partnership with boyce. i can see them working together once they both understand how each other plays

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

Yeah I do too… has quite a few assists in him as well. He could be quite good for us in the prem 🤞I think a decent preseason will benefit him… I think he came into us short of games and not 100%. 

frankblack
14 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Ginnelly and arguably GMS are not strikers, although GMS seemed better there.

Bazzas right boot

Think he's gonna frustrate and excite in equal measure Tbh. 

He will be effective in some games and ****ing useless in others. 

He looks like he can be good in the air, he's direct and can go past a player, equally he fails far too often in basic hold up play and Misplaces really simply passes- breaking down an attacking move and giving away cheap possession. 

He's different from Boyce tho which is good, gives us options to mix it up. 

If Naismith is winding down, him Boyce and maybe a "poacher" option would be good. 

Tokyo Drifter
19 hours ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Do you see him as a regular starter next season or a bench warmer?

Needs balls into the middle and if GMS is playing more centrally I don't know where they're going to come from. Ginelly? Also I think Henderson deserves some starts - his confidence is up and his pace is needed.

I still can't decide if big Gnando's going to be useful or useless.

I mean, he has an eye for goal but in a lot of games he's been largely disappointing with his general play and movement. I'd actually forgot he was playing in one game until he managed to tackle the ball away from the goalie to set up Walker (possibly the Alloa game?)  That said, a good pre-season might be the difference between useful or useless. The Premier defenders you'd expect to be tougher than Championship and probably less likely to congregate together to worry about him. Could work, you never know. Think we still need another striker in. We've been short on options for years.

Edited by jambonian

SidewaysFitba
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

I still can't decide if big Gnando's going to be useful or useless.

I mean, he has an eye for goal but in a lot of games he's been largely disappointing with his general play and movement. I'd actually forgot he was playing in one game until he managed to tackle the ball away from the goalie to set up Walker (possibly the Alloa game?)  That said, a good pre-season might be the difference between useful or useless. The Premier defenders you'd expect to be tougher than Championship and probably less likely to congregate together to worry about him. Could work, you never know. Think we still need another striker in. We've been short on options for years.

That's where I'm at.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Ginnelly and arguably GMS are not strikers, although GMS seemed better there.

They can be. They are mobile and can shift defensive players out of position which is what most of the tears and snotters are about, having to go sideways. 

Got to be mobile 

50 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the one thing he needs to work on is his partnership with boyce. i can see them working together once they both understand how each other plays

I think Boyce needs to work on that partnership too.  On quite a number of occasions Gnanduillet got into good positions, but Boyce seemed reluctant to pass to him, or anybody else for that matter. I understand that as a striker Boyce wants to score as many as he can, but these days in a good strike partnership that provides lots of goals, you still get credit for your assists. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Firefox said:

I think Boyce needs to work on that partnership too.  On quite a number of occasions Gnanduillet got into good positions, but Boyce seemed reluctant to pass to him, or anybody else for that matter. I understand that as a striker Boyce wants to score as many as he can, but these days in a good strike partnership that provides lots of goals, you still get credit for your assists. 

Maybe Boyce  seen hs first touch too often  and thought **** that, I'd rather pass to Frear. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe Boyce  seen hs first touch too often  and thought **** that, I'd rather pass to Frear. 

Boyce would rather just not pass to anybody.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Firefox said:

Boyce would rather just not pass to anybody.

Funny, I think Boyce needs to be more selfish and shoot more! 

Bunny Munro

People with be more impressed with Gnando when we're back in the stadium and it's easier to see the work he does. The camera doesn't capture it well.

PhoenixHearts

Decent player. No service. Still got goals. Gets assists. Will get more goals with more service. 

Don't see the issue.

Glamorgan Jambo

Far more to the guy than the previous ‘big’ strikers we signed over the years. A decent finisher and also able to create chances and link in others. And unlike the other big strikers we signed seems to be able to

jump and head the ball.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

People with be more impressed with Gnando when we're back in the stadium and it's easier to see the work he does. The camera doesn't capture it well.

Yeah, worst thing about watching it on Hearts TV is you see very little off the ball work. 

Boyce, GMS also work hard off the ball imo, good movement. 

Folk on here calling players lazy etc as well, no idea how they can come to that conclusion from the TV Tbh. 

In regards to Gnando,imo he still needs to be better in general tho-hold up play, passing and decision making. 

Still settling in, full pre season and has scored and assisted a few times so I'm hopeful. 

Do The Dance

Got to give some of these players a chance in front of the fans. Completely different environment for them to play in.

SidewaysFitba
14 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Decent bench player imo

Time will tell, but I suspect that's how RN sees him as well.

Francis Albert

Who knows but my guess is he will do fine in a side playing decent football and giving him some service before the defence has time to set up camp ... and some  decent crosses. Whether Robbie's Hearts will ever offer that is another question.

Edited by Francis Albert

SidewaysFitba
2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I sincerely doubt if he was given number 9 he’d be signed as a bench warmer 

Numbers don't mean much and that was the season gone.

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Who knows but my guess is he will do fine in a side playing decent football and giving him some service before the defence has time to set up camp ... and some  decent crosses. Whether Robbie's Hearts will ever offer that is another question.

Sums it up for me. 

Seem to recall that we were getting plenty of crosses in against Raith in the final game of the season, just for a change. Not without some irony, Gnanduillet was not in the squad for this game.

Play to his strengths, and get him and Boyce to work better as a pair, then he'll turn out to be an astute signing in my view.

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, RoiK said:

Seem to recall that we were getting plenty of crosses in against Raith in the final game of the season, just for a change. Not without some irony, Gnanduillet was not in the squad for this game.

Play to his strengths, and get him and Boyce to work better as a pair, then he'll turn out to be an astute signing in my view.

He'll definitely get his chance through the season, then up to him to do the biz.  👍