Jamie walker

professorfate

Guest ToqueJambo

Jamie's at his peak age now. He should be looking on the next 3 seasons as potentially his best ever. His previous best seasons with us were very good so I'd love us to keep him. He's due a standout season like 16/17 (the first half at least when he really should have had a Scotland call-up).

Neilson has always got the best out of him so I was surprised he was more of an impact sub option for most of the second half of last season.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• DH1986

• bigis semiauskas

• martoon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rudi must stay
10 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

If ( big If ) Jamie could get a pre-season injury free and really work on his fitness then he could still be a potential match winner in SPL.

Hope he does as it would be good for Hearts and he's a Good lad.

Match winner no match player yes 

Ainsley Harriott
15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Jamie's at his peak age now. He should be looking on the next 3 seasons as potentially his best ever. His previous best seasons with us were very good so I'd love us to keep him. He's due a standout season like 16/17 (the first half at least when he really should have had a Scotland call-up).

Neilson has always got the best out of him so I was surprised he was more of an impact sub option for most of the second half of last season.

He hasn't had a good season since 16/17. That tells us everything. Bet hes on a good wage to

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He hasn't had a good season since 16/17. That tells us everything. Bet hes on a good wage to

He has had injury problems though since then. He wasn't that bad this season, 7 goals and 6 assists from 21 appearances. Definitely pulled his weight and earned his wage IMO. What more can you ask from attacking midfielder. He has got among the goals in the bread & butter games. And he has managed to stay injury free. Think a lot of hostility toward him is down to how poor he was in the cup final, but it is very tough to play that position against Celtic. 

There's a chance he could get back to his best next season. A lot of competition for places. So whoever is playing will have to hit top top form or they'll be dropped. And Jamie Walkers top top form is as good as any attacking player at the club. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hearts have been garbage since 2016/17 tbf ^_^

He plays like someone who is at the end of his career, not someone who should be at the peak of his career. It’s clear to anyone that he has lost his legs but every now and then can show his quality. Although unfortunately far too often games can pass him by.

The fitness questions about him are strange as I’m sure he got a full pre-season, in fact from memory he was our best player during those friendlies. 

Ainsley Harriott

If it wasn't for the fact jamie is a local lad and jambo he would get absolute pelters. Should have been chased from the club for his first half against Celtic in the cup final alone.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He plays like someone who is at the end of his career, not someone who should be at the peak of his career. It’s clear to anyone that he has lost his legs but every now and then can show his quality. Although unfortunately far too often games can pass him by.

The fitness questions about him are strange as I’m sure he got a full pre-season, in fact from memory he was our best player during those friendlies. 

To me, it feels more like yes he is fit, but he’s not at the super-fitness where he was back in that period of improvement he had from 2014-2017. You would think Neilson would be at him to get back to those levels, not just the minimum of “match fit”. 

Couple of times i watched him struggle to run at pace. He should've been a top player and a Scotland International but for some reason he's just never got to that level. He's still relatively young so i don't know why he has problems staying fit. It's like he's only at Hearts because no-one else thought he was good enough. Maybe some fitness guru can work on him and his mind-set. He's got the talent but no stamina.