Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, S Form said:

Don’t like being a party pooper, but I think we’ll get our arses felt. Folk seem to be dismissing Czech Republic and Croatia, both of whom are better than us. We’ll be extremely fortunate to have even a sniff of going through.

Not sure the Czechs really are. They are ranked a whole 4 places higher than Scotland. Scotland have won the last three meetings (though granted one was against a scratch Czech team due to Covid). And Scotland have home advantage.

14 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Not sure the Czechs really are. They are ranked a whole 4 places higher than Scotland. Scotland have won the last three meetings (though granted one was against a scratch Czech team due to Covid). And Scotland have home advantage.

I remember the game when we beat them at Hampden - they had two or three blatant misses and we were pretty lucky to win. We have a decent team spirit but still lack a little up front I reckon.

Maroon Sailor

It's a must not lose for Scotland

Hopefully get off to a winning start for a change - time to not do things the hard way

Not a must win, but most certainly a must not lose.

Already.

No pressure then.

Enjoy the experience, don't do anything daft and take any chances that fall to us.

jack D and coke
On 12/06/2021 at 15:28, SE16 3LN said:

McTominay's father would have made sure he knew all about his Scottish roots so I'm not surprised. Maybe because I walk among Anglos 😊. He has to play of course, and play in midfield. The other 4? Premiership regulars have to play and there is a smattering of other first picks. SC will make the right choices and Scotland are easily good enough to qualify. In my opinion, goal scoring will be the problem. I haven't felt like that since 78 mind you and with more than fifty years of following Hearts, Scotland and Millwall, I've learnt one thing. I know **** all about football. 

Is it his dad? I do recall him saying his dad watches every game he plays and is obviously a huge influence. As much as I love that I don’t think I’d ever put it on my boy to do that for a country he hasn’t grown up in. I’m very glad he has chosen us though he’s an excellent player. Much, much better than I originally thought he was. 

8 hours ago, S Form said:

Don’t like being a party pooper, but I think we’ll get our arses felt. Folk seem to be dismissing Czech Republic and Croatia, both of whom are better than us. We’ll be extremely fortunate to have even a sniff of going through.

We've beaten the Czechs in the last 3 games and Croatia have never beaten Scotland. Plus we're at Hampden. Easy! 

Scotland the new European Champions. 

:yas:

Getting excited now, hope we can do it against the czechs, I'm going 2-1 Mcginn and adams to score.

Would like to see a 3-4-1-2 set up

Gordon

Cooper Hendry Tierney

Fraser Mcginn Mctominay Robbo

Christie

Dykes Adams

Think I may have asked before, but what do you think the chances are of him selecting Gordon?

29 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Think I may have asked before, but what do you think the chances are of him selecting Gordon?

Unfortunately zero chance. Just hope Marshall’s lack of club game time doesn’t have a bearing

Samuel Camazzola
19 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Gordon  

Hendry Hanley Tierney  

Fraser McTominay McGregorRobertson 

McGinn  Armstrong 

Adams 

Switch Armstrong for Gilmour and that's the 11 for me. 👍 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

Unfortunately zero chance. Just hope Marshall’s lack of club game time doesn’t have a bearing

Clarke keeps banging on about players needing to have been playing regularly (part of the reason he gave for not taking the thumb) so if he's consistent, then Gordon should start.

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

We've beaten the Czechs in the last 3 games and Croatia have never beaten Scotland. Plus we're at Hampden. Easy! 

Scotland the new European Champions. 

:yas:

I like your optimism.

We can beat the Czechs but it will take one hell of an effort to do so.  Last time we won by scoring first and hanging on by the skin of our teeth as they dominated the rest of the game and missed a few sitters.

Салатные палочки
58 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Bouncy for Breakfast

Lessgoo troops 🙌🎶💪

:laugh2: that's terrible. 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Bouncy for Breakfast

Lessgoo troops 🙌🎶💪

So utterly utterly garbage that it's actually quite good.

12 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Diluted by lack of 50,000 Scots….

Both teams will see this as the best chance of getting a win. I don't like it when we seem confident, I think a big disappointment by 4 o clock.

1-2

20 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Indeed. We’d only need to beat the Czechs and avoid a hiding to go through probably. However if there is a way to go out by a wafer thin margin, we’ll find it.

My money’s on VAR.

Ainsley Harriott

Good to see the **** the SFA and the rest of Scottish football stance taken by many posters on here didn't last 12 months.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Bouncy for Breakfast

Lessgoo troops 🙌🎶💪

tune

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Good to see the **** the SFA and the rest of Scottish football stance taken by many posters on here didn't last 12 months.

Speak for yourself 😜

Patterson and Gilmour both starting. Pleasantly surprised at that. Adams and Dykes up front as well. Attacking selection by Clarke.

image.png.9247d3bcbf714df01336f7bf76496e40.png

Edited by PortyJambo

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Patterson and Gilmour both starting. Pleasantly surprised at that. Adams and Dykes up front as well. Attacking selection by Clarke.

That's not the team though surely, it's still 2.5 hours til kick-off 

4 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Is that not the team the punters that used the BBC team selector voted for/picked ?

Just now, August Landmesser said:

That's not the team though surely, it's still 2.5 hours til kick-off 

Yeah, not sure now as not seeing it anywhere else, think it might be the BBC's team selector results. Bit shan of them to present it like a confirmed team selection.

August Landmesser
3 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Yeah, not sure now as not seeing it anywhere else, think it might be the BBC's team selector results. Bit shan of them to present it like a confirmed team selection.

Not like the Beeb to pass something fictional off as the actual news! 

12 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Gordon for Marshall and that would be my team.

The actual line up will likely leave a lot more questions.

Would have. Christie or Armstrong off Adams and the above would be my team.  Just go at them man, no fear. We are here!! 

19 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Very attacking line up. Pace at the back too. 

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

Don't know how I managed to say Fake I meant FILTH haha!

I changed it Stu hence ftfy (fixed that for you).

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

I changed it Stu hence ftfy (fixed that for you).

Ahhhh haha I was looking at you're reply thinking whats going on. not the best time to be on the Kickback at work between calls haha. 

24 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Is that not the BBC predictor team ? It's not the official line up

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Is that not the BBC predictor team ? It's not the official line up

Yep, I got caught out when it popped up on the BBC live buildup thread as "Your confirmed live Scotland XI"....*****

Last time we lost to the Czechs was the Levein 4-6-0 fiasco.

Since then it's been 1 draw and 3 wins, including two wins in the qualifying group for this tournament.

4 places apart in the FIFA rankings.

A win here would be massive.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Last time we lost to the Czechs was the Levein 4-6-0 fiasco.

Since then it's been 1 draw and 3 wins, including two wins in the qualifying group for this tournament.

4 places apart in the FIFA rankings.

A win here would be massive.

Im slightly Apprehensive about how poorly we performed against their under 18s about a year ago but excited as anything and confident we can win this.

2-1 Scotland McGinn and Dykes 2-0 up then they score and we cling on.