New shirt sponsor - Dell and MND Scotland

fuzzy717

Pasquale for King
42 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We should sell sponsorship of the stadium, the stands, the fans bar, the hospitality suites and the plaza too.

Must be a goldmine to be made.

To who? I’m sure they’ve thought of all these but unless Anderson feels like using his cash or influence we don’t have companies banging down our door, no team in Scotland does. 

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• i8hibsh

• Unknown user

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

To who? I’m sure they’ve thought of all these but unless Anderson feels like using his cash or influence we don’t have companies banging down our door, no team in Scotland does. 

No idea, local businesses or even just give it away to good causes.

There must be businesses out there that would like to have their name associated with those things though.

Stendelnator
14 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

So much sensitive information ends up with a random on KB. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I was particularly interested to hear that Baillie Gifford “funds” Dell, one of the largest tech companies on the planet. Who knew their power extended so far. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Taffin said:

There must be businesses out there that would like to have their name associated with those things though.

I would say it’s needs to fit in with the clubs values but STC and Dell have had a few controversies over the years. 
You don’t want to cheapen the message and we don’t lose out financially with these deals. 
Look at our neighbours who for the third season running don’t have a proper sponsor on the front of their shirts 😆

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Simple way to make sense of it all:

Dell have paid for front shirt sponsorship,  and MND get free advertising...

The income from dell is a new revenue and in this deal is more financially valuable to the club whilst also making a new income opportunity with an additional space on the shirts. It has the potential to get 2 big sponsorship incomes in the future. 

We will get more income from dell on the back than we have had from one company on the front.  Basically it means MND sponsorship was paid for by dell.

JA was very much involved with this. He was part of Balle Gifford who fund dell. He also has a strong passion with MND Scotland. As such dell insisted on MND being on the strip. JA is also going to make a donation to the club twice annually as a gift (on behalf of MND)

Is this a way of getting around the financial fairplay regulations?

Not for a moment suggesting anything dodgy!!

professorfate

I think it is really commendable in this times with COVID that hearts are doing this and it is a great tribute to big zal unfortunately clubs care more about pound signs well done hearts.

highlandjambo3
17 hours ago, Mollo said:

Disappointing and underwhelming in what way? Just a genuine question.?

The sponsor is Dell, the name on the shirt is MND

Hearts setting up with a massive international name and using the partnership to raise awareness of a devastating condition.. seems adventurous, admirable, exciting and satisfactory to me. 

Just curious as to what the disappointment is?

And like “save the children” we’ll get heehaw credit from the weegia….but hey, we’re used to that.

3 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

And like “save the children” we’ll get heehaw credit from the weegia….but hey, we’re used to that.

Long term strategy. 

Good point re wider media. 

Results on park will help get us credit. So it all goes together. 

highlandjambo3
6 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

It's the perfect time to have MND Scotland on our shirts.  I'm sure there was something a few months ago saying they had made a significant breakthrough with medication that helps with this illness.   The money they receive from this deal could help them get over the line.  

I'd rather this type of sponsorship than a big betting company, even if it means a couple of thousand less. 

Not a righteous sense, but I'm glad our club are getting involved with things like this as it might inspire other clubs to avoid the usual type sponsors.  With things like this and giving people a loving wage, you can feel nothing but proud that we are taking route. 

Philanthropists like james Anderson know where their money is needed and they won't have picked this charity lightly.  

Couldn't give a shite if it impacts on our image with other fans 

Good on the club for this. 

And a big hug 😂

Auldbenches
40 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

And a big hug 😂

I'll let you more than hug me if we win something this season...

Too lazy to proof read my posts.  Though I played it safe with the last sentence..

highlandjambo3
8 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I'll let you more than hug me if we win something this season...

Too lazy to proof read my posts.  Though I played it safe with the last sentence..

Hey…..welcome to my world lol

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Hey…..welcome to my world lol

Brilliant move by the club just now.  A lot of credit to doddie weir for helping promote awareness of this terrible illness.  I reckon it's the efforts of his foundation that have helped bring this about.  

I can't see one negative with this announcement.  

Four faces
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Not everything in life needs to be labelled mate.Not having a go,it just seems that everything in life has a pound sign hanging over it.For instance, no matter how much we were offered, i wouldn't change the name of our stadium.some of those who have sold out end up with cringe inducing names.

Just now, Four faces said:

Not everything in life needs to be labelled mate.Not having a go,it just seems that everything in life has a pound sign hanging over it.For instance, no matter how much we were offered, i wouldn't change the name of our stadium.some of those who have sold out end up with cringe inducing names.

I agree, but it's the road we are on so we may as well maximise it.

I never thought (and hoped I never would) I'd see sleeve and back sponsors on a Hearts kit but here we are and most are happy about it, I accept I'm in the minority so I may as well embrace it.

Four faces
5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I agree, but it's the road we are on so we may as well maximise it.

I never thought (and hoped I never would) I'd see sleeve and back sponsors on a Hearts kit but here we are and most are happy about it, I accept I'm in the minority so I may as well embrace it.

I'm just no very progressive. That's my problem. I have to say however that at least ethics are at play here. I'm no lover of Ann budge but credit where it's due.

20 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

It (new shirt sponsor) feels a little bit disappointing & underwhelming!

Whilst the cause (& I’m sure the commercial aspects) are admirable & I do recognise the devastating impact the illness has the sponsorship doesn’t feel quite ambitious enough for the Hearts I want!

Having a local sponsor feels a step down from a national one (ie Save the Children) and certainly falls short of an international one.

Maybe this reflects Hearts ambitions as a club, ie local not national or international!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Seems like it’s your disappointment,  hope you get over it.

6 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Simple way to make sense of it all:

Dell have paid for front shirt sponsorship,  and MND get free advertising...

The income from dell is a new revenue and in this deal is more financially valuable to the club whilst also making a new income opportunity with an additional space on the shirts. It has the potential to get 2 big sponsorship incomes in the future. 

We will get more income from dell on the back than we have had from one company on the front.  Basically it means MND sponsorship was paid for by dell.

JA was very much involved with this. He was part of Balle Gifford who fund dell. He also has a strong passion with MND Scotland. As such dell insisted on MND being on the strip. JA is also going to make a donation to the club twice annually as a gift (on behalf of MND)

I'm really glad James Anderson is involved in the club. Save the Children was classy, in light of Zaliukas, this is even classier. Its brilliant that we're able to highlight some fantastic causes without having to don Wonga or some betting company or some booze company. I like that Hearts seem to be trying to adopt some degree of principles with sponsorship. Hopefully some work can be done with them to help raise further awareness, maybe some sort of charity event once things settle down and see about getting Doddie Weir involved too. Its such a scary disease. 

Its just a damned shame the SPFL went the other way and jumped into bed with Glenns the provider of cheap voddy to every jakeball from Berwick to Caithness. 

Geddyalexneil
5 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

😄😄

Just seen my post again and I have managed to spell "loving" wrong. 

That's what I deserve for trying to be a smart arse😂.

Old age is a bummer!

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think it would be worth offering the Stadium name up within the package to the shirt sponsor as a one off discounted/freebie type deal so we can try and measure the worth of it. 

Geddyalexneil
28 minutes ago, droid said:

Disappointing? Not for some...

7E045EA3-71EA-4F5E-B944-758F05D9FAC4.jpeg

Wow! Thanks for sharing this. This makes this decision all the more impressive and correct. 

Again well done to all involved in setting this deal/arrangement up.

Proud to support HMFC.

5 hours ago, Taffin said:

We should sell sponsorship of the stadium, the stands, the fans bar, the hospitality suites and the plaza too.

The CBD Plaza , the Buckfast Gorgie Suite , The Pablo Escobar Roseburn  toilets

Edited by sadj

1 hour ago, Four faces said:

@Taffin

Look at American sports

For instance the you have such things as the “official windows of the Boston Red Sox” 

Its how its going and if you can get local businesses putting extra money in its not the worst thing. Idiots do it on youtube to pay for their jollies why should we not do it to improve the club. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think it would be worth offering the Stadium name up within the package to the shirt sponsor as a one off discounted/freebie type deal so we can try and measure the worth of it. 

Good idea, we will call it Tynecastle etc anyway no matter what it’s called. 

Auldbenches
27 minutes ago, Geddyalexneil said:

Just seen my post again and I have managed to spell "loving" wrong. 

That's what I deserve for trying to be a smart arse😂.

Old age is a bummer!

I should've quickly edited it in case i8 saw it and thought it was another one of Ann Budge's new initiatives...

Geddyalexneil
1 hour ago, Auldbenches said:

I should've quickly edited it in case i8 saw it and thought it was another one of Ann Budge's new initiatives...

Good point😂

Four faces
2 hours ago, sadj said:

@Taffin

Look at American sports

For instance the you have such things as the “official windows of the Boston Red Sox” 

Its how its going and if you can get local businesses putting extra money in its not the worst thing. Idiots do it on youtube to pay for their jollies why should we not do it to improve the club. 

Exactly. A more plastic society would be hard to find.Would you be happy for inplay ad breaks too while watching a game on tv?

1 minute ago, Four faces said:

Exactly. A more plastic society would be hard to find.Would you be happy for inplay ad breaks too while watching a game on tv?

The stop start nature of Baseball and American Football in particular lend themselves to that. Using it as argument against moving with the times is ridiculous. 

If someone wanted to pay for the windows in the main stand and call it the Skylounge presented by Doofus Windaes if have no problem with it. Likewise if they then said Hearts ST holders get 25% off windows if Hearts score 3 goals this week and you needed windows would you be saying naaaa its ok pal Ill pay full price this is a plastic society thing.

Four faces
24 minutes ago, sadj said:

The stop start nature of Baseball and American Football in particular lend themselves to that. Using it as argument against moving with the times is ridiculous. 

If someone wanted to pay for the windows in the main stand and call it the Skylounge presented by Doofus Windaes if have no problem with it. Likewise if they then said Hearts ST holders get 25% off windows if Hearts score 3 goals this week and you needed windows would you be saying naaaa its ok pal Ill pay full price this is a plastic society thing.

If i had the choice of paying full price for windows or 25% off to sell ourselves in the way you described.I'd pay full price🤣Now that is ridiculous.Anyway i'm talking Red Bull Salzburg type thing and where do you draw the line,where does it all end?

2 minutes ago, Four faces said:

If i had the choice of paying full price for windows or 25% off to sell ourselves in the way you described.I'd pay full price🤣Now that is ridiculous.Anyway i'm talking Red Bull Salzburg type thing and where do you draw the line,where does it all end?

Red Bulls are a franchise though. They buy the clubs and rename thdm. Thats very different. Does no harm if we do these things sensibly. Looking at any additional possible income streams and saying naaa thats stupid in todays money orientated world is a fools thought. Imo anyway. If someone wanted to sponsor the lounges would you say no to the money. These things should not be on a strip or the stadium but if done right can increase our turnover and therefore profitability and strengthen our position in football

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Red Bulls are a franchise though. They buy the clubs and rename thdm. Thats very different. Does no harm if we do these things sensibly. Looking at any additional possible income streams and saying naaa thats stupid in todays money orientated world is a fools thought. Imo anyway. If someone wanted to sponsor the lounges would you say no to the money. These things should not be on a strip or the stadium but if done right can increase our turnover and therefore profitability and strengthen our position in football

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of the lounges already called "The Strongbow Legends Lounge" ?

Edited by droid

Four faces
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

It's the thought of The Doofas Windaes Stadium that worries me🙂 That type of thing.Where do you draw the line? Probably at Doofas Windaes Stadium.Anyway only my opinion.

15 minutes ago, droid said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of the lounges already called "The Strongbow Legends Lounge" ?

touché 

8 minutes ago, Four faces said:

It's the thought of The Doofas Windaes Stadium that worries me🙂 That type of thing.Where do you draw the line? Probably at Doofas Windaes Stadium.Anyway only my opinion.

🤣🤣 , I think that to be honest we will continue to be very respectful to our heritage even in doing things like this. Any ideas or proposals would be done and thought through sensibly and the line drawn at an appropriate place (hopefully well before something like the Toni Macaroni

Edited by sadj

Maybe thats what Nelms was promised last year - Celtic Park at Dens and a suitable sponsorship amount to do so same as St Mirren and their Celtic Shop hooring oot

16 hours ago, Taffin said:

When we start performing on the bloody park and winning stuff, we should be able to do exactly that.

hmfc_liam06
On 08/06/2021 at 08:30, siegementality said:

Maybe it’s just me, but personally I’ve never been “blown away” by who sponsors Hearts. Save the Children and MND are two fantastic charities/causes and we should be proud to have them on our strips.

I’m really at a loss to see why anyone could be “disappointed”, especially given no-one knows (unless I’m wrong) the financial worth of this sponsorship deal. 

If people are disappointed with this sponsorship deal then I think they need a sense of perspective.

Worse still we have posters "suspicious" that we've not disclosed the financial details of the deal.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Worse still we have posters "suspicious" that we've not disclosed the financial details of the deal.

It was a throwaway comment that one guy made and he spent the rest of the day explaining, behave yourself.

A_A wehatethehibs
11 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Interesting article on MND in today's paper:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jun/11/scientists-link-intense-exercise-with-mnd-risk-in-some-people-motor-neurone-disease

They say that MND risk is six times greater in professional football players compared with the general population

I read somewhere that the genes for it are as common as 1 in 300 which is far more common than I ever realised. I always thought it was pretty rare. So good to see the awareness getting raised on something that affects so many families. Every sportsperson should get a test for if they have the genes for it

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

20 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Interesting article on MND in today's paper:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jun/11/scientists-link-intense-exercise-with-mnd-risk-in-some-people-motor-neurone-disease

They say that MND risk is six times greater in professional football players compared with the general population

Thank you for that. That is really interesting between that and dementia its my two biggest fears. Seeing my dad slowly deteriorate with dementia kills me. 

That was a lot of that/s 😒

Edited by sadj

Japan Jambo
On 07/06/2021 at 16:06, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

An excellent deal struck. 

What a tribute to zal and also getting an excellent tech company to revamp hearts tech infrastructure which is a huge part of modern stadiums. 

Its all the rage in the States right now in American football where folk can press a button on an app to get beer brought directly to their seats. 

Hopefully we're doing the same type of thing. Next step is to bring beer back to the footy!! 

Lol you put beer in front of your average Rangers fan and they behave worse than a Gremlin at a midnight banquet. Anywhere but Scotland though you are 100% correct.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I read somewhere that the genes for it are as common as 1 in 300 which is far more common than I ever realised. I always thought it was pretty rare. So good to see the awareness getting raised on something that affects so many families. Every sportsperson should get a test for if they have the genes for it

Totally agree with you on testing. The clubs, and Hearts in particular given our new sponsorship, should take a lead.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Thank you for that. That is really interesting between that and dementia its my two biggest fears. Seeing my dad slowly deteriorate with dementia kills me. 

Sorry to hear that about your Dad Sadj.

And, you are right, MND and head injury are clear risks. Hopefully more will be done to protect and support current and ex football players.

Japan Jambo
On 08/06/2021 at 00:16, Pasquale for King said:

Two good sponsors but I don’t think anyone is blown away, look forward to see how they look on the new strips. 

To be fair our league is sponsored by second hand car dealers and our main rival by the modern equivalent of '50p for the meter' - I'm honestly pretty impressed by what we have achieved.

Edited by Japan Jambo

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

To be fair our league is sponsored by second hand car dealers and our main rival by the modern equivalent of '50p for the meter' - I'm honestly pretty impressed by what we have achieved.

I think I mentioned our neighbours in that it’s not easy to get sponsors. If Anderson wasn’t involved who knows who would be on our shirts. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Sorry to hear about your dad, happened to mine. 
I think sport really needs to move a lot quicker with its research into these links. 
So much can be done to help reduce the risks in most sports.