New shirt sponsor - Dell and MND Scotland

fuzzy717

Diadora Van Basten
5 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:
The dream sponsors?

images.png.bbc50bc050f3cf2c58dc3d8a0c9885f2.png

That’s how Pat Munro would have rebranded us.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• i8hibsh

• Unknown user

5 hours ago, indianajones said:

There is a good reason for that!

Quite, as an avid malt drinker I once told someone that we keep the good stuff and sell that sh1t to the tourists 

19 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Mercedes for Cars

Auchentoshen Malt Whisky 

Guinness for a Stout

Stella Artois for a Beer

ICBC Bank

Keira Group 

Hertz Care Hire

FedEx 

Amazon

Marriott 

Many will not heard of the Malt Whisky but you can get it for £20 sometimes.

Was on the Auchentoshen last Saturday with a big hubby pal o mine and six other jambos. What an afternoon/evening that was.

He got half an hour of absolute torture from us, then we were all back to being pals again.

Just now, sac said:

Was on the Auchentoshen last Saturday with a big hibby pal o mine and six other jambos. What an afternoon/evening that was.

He got half an hour of absolute torture from us, then we were all back to being pals again.

On 27/05/2021 at 15:57, Japan Jambo said:

rather niche, don't work for them by any chance?

I must of worked on one of there sites at one time.

On 27/05/2021 at 16:08, Bozi said:

Johnny Walker? Known the world over, opening 'the experience' in Edinburgh 

Nobody in Scotland drinks the stuff 

Many brands were solely marketed abroad for years and Johnny Walker was one of them. 

hmfc_liam06
On 27/05/2021 at 15:52, Do The Dance said:

Why would anyone be blown away by a shirt sponsor? Mental statement.

The same sort who fear they will be let down or underwhelmed :lol:

King Of The Cat Cafe

What is all this guff about 'Johnny Walker'?

It's Johnnie Walker FFS.

Even this Bushmills drinker knows that...

Jambo 4 Ever
On 27/05/2021 at 16:39, Cheile said:

Baillie Gifford, through the James Anderson connection?

Is this a genuine possibility?

• 2 weeks later...
  • davemclaren changed the title to New shirt sponsor - Dell and MND Scotland
RustyRightPeg

Dell is quite a pull. MND is a nice touch as well close to a lot of people’s hearts, very happy.

jamboinglasgow

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/mnd-scotland-new-front-of-shirt-partner

Curious one, Dell with be on the back of the shirt.

Dell as part of the agreement will upgrade the technology at Hearts, a certain amount of each shirt sale goes to MND, Dell have also paid for sponsoring the front of the shirt

Sounds like its a different kind of sponsorship, not purely company x pays us y to be shirt sponsor. Rather a partnership 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Dell as part of the agreement will upgrade the technology at Hearts, a certain amount of each shirt sale goes to MND, Dell have also paid for sponsoring the front of the shirt

Sounds like its a different kind of sponsorship, not purely company x pays us y to be shirt sponsor. Rather a partnership 

Sounds like a sponsorship with zero monetary award for the club. 

On 26/05/2021 at 21:41, Mysterion said:

Speculative - but noting the women’s team are sponsored by Dell.

Maybe an expansion of that partnership?

Just saying - called it 2 weeks ago

:verysmug:

jambopilms

Looks like we have taken part payment from the sponsorship in an improvement of dell infrastructure ? Or have I read it wrong. Not a complaint just an observation

Салатные палочки

Excellent move from the club and sponsors. What a fantastic cause. 

On 19/05/2021 at 10:04, fuzzy717 said:

Got the insider scoop, new sponsor to be MND Scotland 

Called it 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Delighted with MND on the front...not sure about a back of shirt sponsorship, hoped we wouldn't go down that road but may look okay 👍 Not exactly blown away by the whole thing though, expectation manager a bit askew from Ann there!

hmfc_liam06

Well done all involved, great cause and great having a company like Dell involved with the club.

Batistuta87
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It only says MND will be on the home top - maybe Dell on the away?

... And if Dell are upgrading all the Tech at the club then that could be everything from ticket scanners to CCTV systems, network infrastructure, medical equipment, security systems, lighting, PA, right down to basics like tablets and computers in the offices and stuff like that. Upgrading all of that at once could cost a huge amount of money so if that's free as part of the deal then that's absolutely superb.

Edited by Batistuta87

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Looks like we have taken part payment from the sponsorship in an improvement of dell infrastructure ? Or have I read it wrong. Not a complaint just an observation

It would all be speculative - we just don't know the breakdown of the deal.

I think it's important to consider it as 2 deals though (the front and back) - i think the front one will be similar to STC and that's a good income then the back sponsor is in lieu of IT upgrades up to a specific value.

People will find fault though.

Unknown user

Aye it's great, and you have to assume it'll be worth a few quid with Anderson being involved, I really didn't want to see sponsors on the back of the shirt though

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Aye it's great, and you have to assume it'll be worth a few quid with Anderson being involved, I really didn't want to see sponsors on the back of the shirt though

Back sponsors are common now in Scotland. 

There's an argument to be had that by not exploiting it we're missing out on income. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

matter of time. We need to exploit all sources of income. 

at least it’s being done in the right way, a fantastic charity and a top tier company

no “beep beep” anywhere in sight

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Back sponsors are common now in Scotland. 

There's an argument to be had that by not exploiting it we're missing out on income. 

Yeah I know, I just don't like it, didn't like it on the shorts either. Of course we should maximise revenues, I just hate it

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

It only says MND will be on the home top - maybe Dell on the away?

... And if Dell are upgrading all the Tech at the club then that could be everything from ticket scanners to CCTV systems, network infrastructure, medical equipment, security systems, lighting, PA, right down to basics like tablets and computers in the offices and stuff like that. Upgrading all of that at once could cost a huge amount of money so if that's free as part of the deal then that's absolutely superb.

Yeah, Ann Budge has said from the beginning that the IT at the club needed to be upgraded and they have been doing it as the seasons go by, but this could mean a massive difference especially with how expensive IT is. Even something like recruitment could really benefit from IT upgrades. Southampton have a large office called (I think) the black box, which is full of analysts reviewing players and was a big part in their transfer success, now not saying we would have anything like the scale but the right equipment for the right people can make a difference.

A_A wehatethehibs

Finally confirmed. And a smart way to

get the tech modernised, offset the cost with the sponsorship package. Good we will see another great cause, the most fitting way to pay tribute to a true legend Marius Zaliukas, raise awareness and raise funds for the fight against a horrible disease. All means the shirt launch will be close looking forward to seeing something fresh!

highlandjambo3

Vermin will be scuttling about trying to de rail this shortly….. “Dell PC’s are shit liksey …ken”

Good sponsor, great cause. Not a fan of the back sponsors but to be fair alot of clubs have already moved this way so it won't look too bad.

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yeah, Ann Budge has said from the beginning that the IT at the club needed to be upgraded and they have been doing it as the seasons go by, but this could mean a massive difference especially with how expensive IT is. Even something like recruitment could really benefit from IT upgrades. Southampton have a large office called (I think) the black box, which is full of analysts reviewing players and was a big part in their transfer success, now not saying we would have anything like the scale but the right equipment for the right people can make a difference.

IT is one aspect - however one of the club's biggest issues is actually the lack of IT knowledge by staff IMO (specifically senior staff/decision makers).

Our club TV offering is a great example - it was not great last year and there were some of us providing guidance/info to help take issues/complaints to suppliers to get things improved. There was a slow and steady improvement over time but it should never have been so woeful in the first place. 

Am I the only one slightly suspicious that there's absolutely zero mention of the amount this is worth? 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Norm said:

Am I the only one slightly suspicious that there's absolutely zero mention of the amount this is worth? 

We didn’t disclose the value for save the children either 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yes 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Anderson paid it, no? 

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yes

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yes

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

An excellent deal struck. 

What a tribute to zal and also getting an excellent tech company to revamp hearts tech infrastructure which is a huge part of modern stadiums. 

Its all the rage in the States right now in American football where folk can press a button on an app to get beer brought directly to their seats. 

Hopefully we're doing the same type of thing. Next step is to bring beer back to the footy!! 

adambraejambo
17 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Yes

If it had been under Robinson and Deans or Vlad then yes I would agree but we just had a multi millionaire join our board who has pledged us further millions for next 4/5 years. I don't think he would be happy giving us his hard earned cash   if we were not doing our best commercially to bring in as much as possible elsewhere. 

Sorry I replied to the wrong person.....doh

Edited by adambraejambo

1 minute ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

An excellent deal struck. 

What a tribute to zal and also getting an excellent tech company to revamp hearts tech infrastructure which is a huge part of modern stadiums. 

Its all the rage in the States right now in American football where folk can press a button on an app to get beer brought directly to their seats. 

Hopefully we're doing the same type of thing. Next step is to bring beer back to the footy!! 

In game live votes. 

a goal down to Hamilton with 70 minutes played

Neilson oot? 

Yes?

No? 

St Johnstone? 

Results broadcast around the pitch side advertising hoardings. 

It would save on hiring a plane. 

been here before
49 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah I know, I just don't like it, didn't like it on the shorts either. Of course we should maximise revenues, I just hate it

Agreed

Looks naff as **** makes me think of both the Dundee teams.

And what exactly is "a front of shirt partner" anyway?

Edited by been here before

27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We did say it was worth x figures though. Not even a snifter or a hint of what this deal is worth. 

RustyRightPeg

First piece of the jigsaw is in place, next will be the kit reveal you have to presume…

then a new signing in the kit…