New shirt sponsor - Dell and MND Scotland

fuzzy717

5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Apart from the fact that I doubt Anderson would ever have got involved without Budge being involved...

totally

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• i8hibsh

• Unknown user

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Apart from the fact that I doubt Anderson would ever have got involved without Budge being involved...

Who knows, it was he and his wife that came up with the original idea is all I’m saying. 
They’re Hearts supporters, it seems to be assumed they were friends with Budge, Is there a millionaires club that they all go to?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/01/hearts-feature-save-the-children-shirts

Edited by Pasquale for King

Tom Hardy’s Dug
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who knows, it was he and his wife that came up with the original idea is all I’m saying. 
They’re Hearts supporters, it seems to be assumed they were friends with Budge, Is there a millionaires club that they all go to?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/01/hearts-feature-save-the-children-shirts

Probably mate. That’s kind of how it works.

Jeez, this thread is so trypical. Have anything to say against it and seemingly I have no compassion.

I clearly stated how much of a good cause it is, not one person on this thread cares more than I do about it, I know some clearly think they do.

I don't just 74% care about MND whilst you all 100% care. I 100% care. This is no competition so get over yourselves.

To me, it is just adding to this 'nice' culture that has been created at our club and it very quite simply is not working.

All these amazing tributes, causes and actions we do are fabulous on the surface but it is not helping us become a leaner meaner fighting machine. It is making us a wonderful caring club. 

There are many ways to be wonderful and caring, I just don't see that doing it almost vicariously through Hearts is the way.

I want us to seperate it alĺ, our shit got real about 5 years ago, this is big boy stuff now. We need to leave unicorn island and strap on a set as we are not going anywhere. Well not in football terms anyway.

I am also sceptical about the control of this money. Where will it go, who is in charge of it. I just have questions and concerns. It is nothing about not caring.

16 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Anyway, I don't wish to derail the thread.  I am just one fan and I have put in my 2 cents.  I would not want to darken a thread with such a highly important issue with my strong opinions and folk throwing punches.

You live to derail threads. How you haven't been banned is a constant source of amazement to me. Thankfully you banned yourself from supporting Our club, just wish you would do the same on JKB 

16 hours ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

A lot of comments in this thread highlight just how much we'll find anything to either moan about or bad mouth the club and/or the owners. None of this will come at the expense of better sponsorship money and anyone who thinks that way likely has no business sense.

All the comments from one sad poster though

Салатные палочки
8 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Not bad

Can you make a home top with the sponsor on it? But the colour of the sponsor is only white lettering (not inside a white rectangular box).

Screenshot_20210520-064630_Chrome.jpg.fff14e9e7ed30b7f639ff5ad26c47c49.jpg

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Be so keen for a 2 tone. But spot on with the white logo that’s what I’d expect 

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Jeez, this thread is so trypical. Have anything to say against it and seemingly I have no compassion.

I clearly stated how much of a good cause it is, not one person on this thread cares more than I do about it, I know some clearly think they do.

I don't just 74% care about MND whilst you all 100% care. I 100% care. This is no competition so get over yourselves.

To me, it is just adding to this 'nice' culture that has been created at our club and it very quite simply is not working.

All these amazing tributes, causes and actions we do are fabulous on the surface but it is not helping us become a leaner meaner fighting machine. It is making us a wonderful caring club. 

There are many ways to be wonderful and caring, I just don't see that doing it almost vicariously through Hearts is the way.

I want us to seperate it alĺ, our shit got real about 5 years ago, this is big boy stuff now. We need to leave unicorn island and strap on a set as we are not going anywhere. Well not in football terms anyway.

I am also sceptical about the control of this money. Where will it go, who is in charge of it. I just have questions and concerns. It is nothing about not caring.

For me, a sponsor has absolutely no bearing on how a football team perform on the pitch. Surely everyone realised this?

How difficult do you think it'll be for teams to get a sponsor that suits at the minute? One that is willing to give away hundreds of thousands of pounds each season, post covid?

We aren't that big of a draw at present - if we sorted out the footballing side of the club then we might well be. There are no multinational airlines or huge betting companies interested and local businesses just simply don't have the cash.

All conquering Barcelona strutted their stuff with UNICEF emblazoned across their shirts and it didn't do them any harm.

Edited by Homme

iwasthere1954
17 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Maybe you are right, i'm happy to be wrong.   I just can't stand virtue signalling and this reeks of facebookyness.

To me using a charity to promote ones virtue is low as ****.

Barcelona had Save the Children on their strip for years. I never heard anyone spouting off the shit your doing on this site. For gods sake give it a break.

I suspect Mr Anderson is insuring that we are getting a healthy cheque for the charity sponsorships. There isn’t enough money in Scottish football otherwise.

Beyond that, this should create a lot of positive media coverage for the club and hopefully give MND Scotland a good platform to showcase its work to the most popular sport in Scotland. With Ricksen and Zal passing due to it too, it’s a good match up as there will be a lot of awareness especially between Hearts and Rangers fans. 

Im really on board with this tbh. It makes a lot of sense. Perhaps some sort of event can be staged in Zals memory supported by MND Scotland once covid is less of an issue. 

Barcelona are one of, if not the biggest club in the world - they can literally do anything they want.  The comparison is absurd.  We are a small time club on a global scene trying to save the world - it is simply not conducive.  

I ask what makes people thing we could not get a decent corporate deal? There is simply no evidence.

jambopilms
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Barcelona are one of, if not the biggest club in the world - they can literally do anything they want.  The comparison is absurd.  We are a small time club on a global scene trying to save the world - it is simply not conducive.  

I ask what makes people thing we could not get a decent corporate deal? There is simply no evidence.

I bet the money involved with this deal compares to any amounts we would get from any corporate deal, otherwise it wouldn't be happening. There is no chance the club are sacrificing good money to try and save the world. 

Japan Jambo
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I empathise with the view that in many aspects the club is 'too nice' but this is a quite the hill to die on. I honestly can't see anything other than positives around this - to my knowledge MND has affected us on the pitch (Zal & David Hagen) and in the boardroom (Robert Wilson). I'm sure many supporters have also been touched by this issue.

It is possibly to be business savvy, hard headed yet compassionate at the same time. 

Holyrood_Hearts

You have to wonder why some people follow the club when they find fault with literally everything. Pathetic 

15 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I bet the money involved with this deal compares to any amounts we would get from any corporate deal, otherwise it wouldn't be happening. There is no chance the club are sacrificing good money to try and save the world. 

If this is the case (which I doubt) then I would obviously be on board with it.

Our culture at our club is not befitting of a football club - surely people see this.

Edited by i8hibsh

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Like funding the womens' team, sometimes it's just simply the right thing to do.  Profit is not the be all end all.

Just now, Dia Liom said:

Like funding the womens' team, sometimes it's just simply the right thing to do.  Profit is not the be all end all.

We agree, winning is.

I have no idea at all I admit - 

But have those knocking this established the money we gleaned from the likes of Wonga, Ukio.. or that other clubs like Hibs, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen etc are getting? And established what we are being given to display a charity name?

Genuine question. The 'sponsor' is only there to bring money in. If what we are getting is comparable AND we raise awareness of a charity - what's the issue?

For a club who have always been part of a community, historically contributing to society etc - most would agree surely we are better off helping a charity that whoring our shirt out to the likes of Wonga?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Sometimes you say it best when you say nothing at all. We all are well aware of your grievance however most reasonable people are rightly proud of these philanthropic efforts 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Homme said:

For me, a sponsor has absolutely no bearing on how a football team perform on the pitch. Surely everyone realised this?

How difficult do you think it'll be for teams to get a sponsor that suits at the minute? One that is willing to give away hundreds of thousands of pounds each season, post covid?

We aren't that big of a draw at present - if we sorted out the footballing side of the club then we might well be. There are no multinational airlines or huge betting companies interested and local businesses just simply don't have the cash.

All conquering Barcelona strutted their stuff with UNICEF emblazoned across their shirts and it didn't do them any harm.

The first paragraph is wrong, what it says on a strip makes no difference obviously but the cash certainly does. Budge herself said that when we first hooked up with Save the Children. 
The rest is spot on. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sometimes you say it best when you say nothing at all. We all are well aware of your grievance however most reasonable people are rightly proud of these philanthropic efforts 

SG this is the thing, none of us can be proud of anything relating to football now.  It is all just this kind of thing that keeps our heads held high.

I have no doubt this deal is more important to Ann than us winning the league next year.

iwasthere1954
41 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What makes you think we can get a multi nation sponsor. As you say there is simply no evidence.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Barcelona had Save the Children on their strip for years. I never heard anyone spouting off the shit your doing on this site. For gods sake give it a break.

It was UNICEF I think. 

2 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

What makes you think we can get a multi nation sponsor. As you say there is simply no evidence.

We have not failed to do this since the early 90s.

I ask everyone:

Would you rather be the first UK team to have a charity sponsor (StC) or be first in the league?

I am starting to question even the fans priorities now. I have known Budge's for some time.

John Findlay
49 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

So how doe the above tie in with your assertion earlier in this thread that we would have no problem in getting a multi million pound sponsor?

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I ask everyone:

Would you rather be the first UK team to have a charity sponsor (StC) or be first in the league?

I am starting to question even the fans priorities now. I have known Budge's for some time.

It’s not a binary choice, except for you. 

Berra than you
Just now, i8hibsh said:

I ask everyone:

Obviously you'd rather be first in the league. But there is nothing to say that we couldn't win the league with a charity sponsor. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

It’s not a binary choice, except for you. 

It is very aparent we can't do both.  

The nice guy will always come last Dave.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Sorry, I stand corrected. 

👍🏽, Barca won their league with them as a sponsor too 😱😆

Berra than you
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

👍🏽, Barca won their league with them as a sponsor too 😱😆

And the champions league don't forget.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

SG this is the thing, none of us can be proud of anything relating to football now.  It is all just this kind of thing that keeps our heads held high.

I have no doubt this deal is more important to Ann than us winning the league next year.

This deal probably gives us more chance of being successful than tieing up with Wonga, the 2 things are not separate from one another 

Churchill Barrier

From any sponsorship the money is the reason for doing it. If its a donation from a benefactor that clearly gives a charity a massive lift then i really cant see what the issue is. I would rather promote a charity than a profit making company who give nothing,other than taxes back to the community. 

There are things the club are not good at,this in my view is one area other clubs should consider.

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I ask everyone:

I think we all know the answer. We weren't the first team to do this you know 

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

This deal probably gives us more chance of being successful than tieing up with Wonga, the 2 things are not separate from one another 

The money went into the first team in those days.

Absolute Scenes
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Absolutely nothing to do with nice culture. It’s a fantastic gesture towards a condition close to the heart of the club. 
the reason folk are having a go at you is that you’ve picked another positive and tried to make it a negative. 

its a statement that we don’t need bookies and alkies to sponsor us, we use our spinster space for something good. And I fully stand by it. 
No one can take you seriously because you’re so cynical. Maybe if you were a bit more positive about some aspects (you can still be unhappy about others) we would take on board what you think. 
as someone already stated to you, a sponsor has zero bearings on how a team play 

will-i-am-a-jambo
19 hours ago, tian447 said:

There are certain things that certain posters need to shut the **** up about and realise are totally out of line for criticising.

Moaning about Hearts being sponsored by a charity is the lowest of the the ****ing low.  I am getting absolutely sick and tired of reading it on every single thread, but this one is just too far.

MND is a devastating illness, one that affects many people in the country, some of our supporters, some of our family members, and our old Club Captain who recently passed away due to it.  Imagine being so far up your own arse that you dare question why the club might be going down this route, instead of getting (how did you word it), "a big stinking multi million pound dirty sponsor"?

**** right off.

I think it's actually quite sad that someone would sink so low to criticise something like this. IMO and lm no expert it looks to me the trademark of someone seeking attention and crying out for help. You have to feel sorry for them.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

And the champions league don't forget.

I did forget 👍🏽, there you go then. 

59 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I empathise with the view that in many aspects the club is 'too nice' but this is a quite the hill to die on. I honestly can't see anything other than positives around this - to my knowledge MND has affected us on the pitch (Zal & David Hagen) and in the boardroom (Robert Wilson). I'm sure many supporters have also been touched by this issue.

It is possibly to be business savvy, hard headed yet compassionate at the same time. 

:spoton:

5 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Absolutely nothing to do with nice culture. It’s a fantastic gesture towards a condition close to the heart of the club. 
the reason folk are having a go at you is that you’ve picked another positive and tried to make it a negative. 

its a statement that we don’t need bookies and alkies to sponsor us, we use our spinster space for something good. And I fully stand by it. 
No one can take you seriously because you’re so cynical. Maybe if you were a bit more positive about some aspects (you can still be unhappy about others) we would take on board what you think. 
as someone already stated to you, a sponsor has zero bearings on how a team play 

Not directly of course not.  However, if you throw it into the pot that is cooking up this nice culture it adds depth and flavour.

By the end of May 2022 the only achievement we will have yet again will be on our shirts.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

We will need to wait and see who’s idea this is, like the Save the Children deal it will be Anderson and his wife pushing it, nothing really to do with Budge all told. 

Exactly which is why i8 and his antiBudge agenda are so massively misplaced on this 

4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

That's exactly the sort of design I hope we go for :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Not directly of course not.  However, if you throw it into the pot that is cooking up this nice culture it adds depth and flavour.

By the end of May 2022 the only achievement we will have yet again will be on our shirts.

The thing is if we get xhundred thousand pound from a scumbag betting firm or xhundred thousand pound to display a charity the club loses nothing, it doesn't affect how the money is spent, it won't affect the performance on the pitch and it won't determine how successful we are.

Just admit that you have called this wrong and move on from it, you have badly misread the room on your personal crusade and made a but of an arse of yourself here 

4 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

What about the Yellow and black away top from the 90s I'd love a top like that again if not an away use it as a keeper kit., 

Unknown user
34 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We have not failed to do this since the early 90s.

Our biggest shirt sponsorship deal before Anderson was just over 100k a year, that's a recorded fact from when we got the money of Wonga early in 2014.

The save the children deal from Anderson dwarfed it, another recorded fact.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Exactly which is why i8 and his antiBudge agenda are so massively misplaced on this 

👍🏽

• davemclaren changed the title to New shirt sponsor - Dell and MND Scotland