New shirt sponsor - Dell and MND Scotland

fuzzy717

Салатные палочки
21 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

should use the same shade of light blue from the logo

Screenshot_20210519-161124_Chrome.thumb.jpg.801b141e624201de15a30ae4a76b4b07.jpg

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• i8hibsh

• Unknown user

Just now, Salad Fingers said:

Screenshot_20210519-161124_Chrome.thumb.jpg.801b141e624201de15a30ae4a76b4b07.jpg

Like the wee StC on the arm , is that just to annoy our favourite pessimist? 

Worthy cause. I lost a dear friend to MND last year. There’s no way back from this disease at the moment and I’m delighted the money is going towards fighting it. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The key word in your post is "charity" and I don't think it should be conflated or cheapened by a football team's jersey.

MND Scotland (or indeed in any country) is a fantastic cause for truly awful disease.

This is a football club.  Football is our game - not charity.  Budge is so desperate to take us down this route it is pathetic.

I want a big stinking multi million pound dirty sponsor.  

I don't care about being virtuous.  There is plenty of place for that outside football.

This is just classic self fulfillment from Budge in her crusade to make her and the club look 'nice'.

Normally I just scroll past your comments with a shake of the head, but you're really out-doing yourself here. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Hibs will be going into the next couple of years with Thank You NHS plastered over their tops and having the cheek to charge another £5 for the print on the top .  Ron the Con might get some American sponsor on the top 

With their little bit of success this season who knows if they will get one next season, maybe a get vaccinated message instead, always advisable in Leith at any time. 
I do think that’s why Dempster was ousted. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

With their little bit of success this season who knows if they will get one next season, maybe a get vaccinated message instead, always advisable in Leith at any time. 
I do think that’s why Dempster was ousted. 

People Make Leith with a used needle .

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Smithee said:

A multi million pound corporate deal? Our biggest sponsorship deal before Anderson came along was Wonga, just over 100k a year. What planet do you live on?

Yip. 

Some folk have lost all concept of reality. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

See if we can ever actually pull together the potential this club has...

This.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I am just sceptical. Why not just give a huge lumps sum to MND and let Hearts get a multi million pound corporate deal?  Do we need a middle man with regards to this?

Who is going to give Hearts a multi-million pound corporate deal?  Those days are long gone. The way it’s structured MND get a huge lump sum and lots of free PR from the association with Hearts not to mention all the other fund-raising that will happen on their behalf. The 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

A multi million pound corporate agreement. What world do you live in? Hibs cant get sponsors and neither can our countries game.

Thats before you touch on the exposure for the charity

I wouldn't regard hibs not getting sponsors as an impediment.  Bunch of losers who play in a dive.

I wouldn't sponsor them.

After Zal’s death, I couldn’t think of a more appropriate sponsor. Great news and well done all involved. 

KyleLafferty

I would never buy a hearts top with a gambling company on it. Could give us 100 million and I’d still be against it.

I suppose if we can't get a disreputable bookie, this is the next best thing.

Just kidding.  Terrific news.

31 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

🤔

I am such a gullible twat... 

No , no , Just hang tight 👍🏻

Tom Hardy’s Dug
18 minutes ago, sadj said:

No , no , Just hang tight 👍🏻

Right this is doing my nut in 😂😂

And it has now transcended two threads...

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Doddie Weir is our new manager?

If our squad next year puts in the effort Doddie did throughout his career we'll do well.

Jambof3tornado
30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Let’s hope it’s true. No-one apart from the OP has confirmed as far as I can see. 

Did wonder this.

Fingers crossed.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If our squad next year puts in the effort Doddie did throughout his career we'll do well.

👍

Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We would be able to attract a multi million pound corporate deal.  

for shirt sponsorship?

I'm sure thew club would love you to make some introductions!!

Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Like the wee StC on the arm , is that just to annoy our favourite pessimist? 

6 figure sponsorship deal I believe 🤣

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Yup should have pushed for that multi 7 possibly even 8 figure one....

Japan Jambo
Just now, sadj said:

Yup should have pushed for that multi 7 possibly even 8 figure one....

Guess we could of made it a two year deal.

Spitonastranger
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

We would be able to attract a multi million pound corporate deal.  

Is ita window cleaning company that you know 

Fxxx the SPFL

We had our friends Jean and Pete up from Coventry three/four years ago and we went to a live beam back in the Gorgie Suite guest speaker was Gary Naismith who went on to tell us about losing his dad to MND our friend Pete had just been diagnosed with MND and to see the tears in his and his wife Jean's eyes listening to Gary Naismith speaking about how his dad suffered towards the end of his illness will be with me forever. Sadly Pete died two years ago we still go down and see Jean in Bedworth and she comes and stays with us. I also know Doddie Weir from my time living in Galashiels it is a horrible disease and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy hopefully they find a cure for it soon. Fab sponsor as far as I am concerned.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

All the money goes to the women’s team though 😱😜

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

We had our friends Jean and Pete up from Coventry three/four years ago and we went to a live beam back in the Gorgie Suite guest speaker was Gary Naismith who went on to tell us about losing his dad to MND our friend Pete had just been diagnosed with MND and to see the tears in his and his wife Jean's eyes listening to Gary Naismith speaking about how his dad suffered towards the end of his illness will be with me forever. Sadly Pete died two years ago we still go down and see Jean in Bedworth and she comes and stays with us. I also know Doddie Weir from my time living in Galashiels it is a horrible disease and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy hopefully they find a cure for it soon. Fab sponsor as far as I am concerned.

It is a horrific disease. A guy I was friendly with from student days died of it nearly twenty years ago in his early 40s. It was terrible to see him go downhill over a period of a few years before he finally passed. 

I remember when we were students and I took him to the Diggers and he asked for a pint of lager. The abuse he got from the barman. 😂

The Future's Maroon
9 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

MND is a subject close to my heart.  Delighted.

Very much myself too, this would be brilliant.

allystrachan

Without getting into the debate about whether it’s good for hearts, good for the charity etc

That is a shit logo & will ruin the look of any strip we have next season. 

Sponsors logos have the ability to ruin any shirt whether it’s a good cause or not. 

9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

This is the sort of thing that makes us soft. Why can’t we get a drinks or betting company reflecting the hard culture that we used to have?  It will be hair braiding and unicorn breeding on the plaza next… 😎

Good news though that benefactors are effectively sponsoring us for nothing in return for publicity for a good cause. 👍

We've had Alpacas on the Plaza before :thumbsup:

@i8hibsh complaining about “Facebooky” posts then trolling the **** out of this thread. Grow up for **** sake and appreciate this for what it is.  Otherwise, take Neilsons advice and piss off and support Man City. 

The Treasurer
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

Some folk have lost all concept of reality. 

They can't lose what they never had

3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

You're not wrong.

I'd actually offer Doddie the chance to play at centre half if we had a game tomorrow! 

At a time when I'm really struggling to get on board with the way things are being done at the club, struggling to justify buying a season ticket to watch another season of Robbie mehball played by a bunch of journeymen instead of our Academy kids, the club goes and pulls this out the bag.

Another fantastic gesture by the benefactor and the club, and if they get the strip right to display this fantastic logo I'll be front of the line to pony up for one.

Batistuta87
5 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

That's awesome. 10/10, would buy 👍🏻

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

Without getting into the debate about whether it’s good for hearts, good for the charity etc

That is a shit logo & will ruin the look of any strip we have next season. 

Sponsors logos have the ability to ruin any shirt whether it’s a good cause or not. 

Depends, they could just use plain white text on the home shirt, with a plain white logo, maybe something more elaborate on the reverse or shorts. 

Doesn't have to be a big boxy "Wonga" style logo. 

Edited by tian447

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I am just sceptical. Why not just give a huge lumps sum to MND and let Hearts get a multi million pound corporate deal?  Do we need a middle man with regards to this?

Are you for real ?  Even by your standards you’ve somehow managed to sink lower than ever with the stuff you’ve posted on this thread. Unbelievable.

this post in particular just says it all.

heartsfc_fan
6 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Not bad

Can you make a home top with the sponsor on it? But the colour of the sponsor is only white lettering (not inside a white rectangular box).

Batistuta87

I rapelled down the Forth Bridge for MND Scotland. Very worthy cause and looking forward to our tops carrying their logo. 

No concerns about how it'll look. Actually couldn't care less and I'm sure the design folk will know what they're doing. 

Edited by Batistuta87

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I just find it all very facebooky.  "Hey look I donated to charity today" please give me likes.

Charity should be an anonymous interaction - otherwise you are getting somehting out of it and it should be entirely selfless.

Mate you are having a mare here, it's nothing to do with Budge short selling the space on our jersey but,in fact, getting more.money and positive reflection on the club by utilising her relationship with a tish benefactor.

As for the comment above, we managed to keep our "rich benefactors" name out of the public domain for over 5 years. He did not seek publicity or adulation for his purchasing of shirt space (and other funding) but as soon as he tried to assist the wider Scottish game it took 5 minutes to splash his name all over the papers.

34 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Are you for real ?  Even by your standards you’ve somehow managed to sink lower than ever with the stuff you’ve posted on this thread. Unbelievable.

this post in particular just says it all.

On the wind up. Please ignore. 

It’s a very worthy cause. Used to be so embarrassing when wonga was the sponsor. If we are receiving the money as we would from a general sponsor then no issue with this 

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Mate you are having a mare here, it's nothing to do with Budge short selling the space on our jersey but,in fact, getting more.money and positive reflection on the club by utilising her relationship with a tish benefactor.

As for the comment above, we managed to keep our "rich benefactors" name out of the public domain for over 5 years. He did not seek publicity or adulation for his purchasing of shirt space (and other funding) but as soon as he tried to assist the wider Scottish game it took 5 minutes to splash his name all over the papers.

We will need to wait and see who’s idea this is, like the Save the Children deal it will be Anderson and his wife pushing it, nothing really to do with Budge all told. 

After the utter shock of the announcement that Marius had died, this news is truly stunning.

If only we were half as good on the field as we are off it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
46 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We will need to wait and see who’s idea this is, like the Save the Children deal it will be Anderson and his wife pushing it, nothing really to do with Budge all told. 

Apart from the fact that I doubt Anderson would ever have got involved without Budge being involved...

• davemclaren changed the title to New shirt sponsor - Dell and MND Scotland