• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• i8hibsh

• Unknown user

2 minutes ago, fuzzy717 said:

Got the insider scoop, new sponsor to be MND Scotland 

Locke been giving out information from Tynecastle.

That would be good to get that on the front of the top instead of save the children.  

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, fuzzy717 said:

Is this another one of Mr Anderson's donations? We're very lucky to have him in our corner.

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is this another one of Mr Anderson's donations? We're very lucky to have him in our corner.

It is indeed. A top top man he is 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, fuzzy717 said:

It is indeed. A top top man he is 

See if we can ever actually pull together the potential this club has...

9 minutes ago, fuzzy717 said:

Really pleased to hear that. Maybe we could do a stand renaming for Zal too? 

Because fans haven’t been in the stadium there’s not really been that opportunity to celebrate his life and contribution to the club collectively. Hopefully first game of the season that’s something we’ll be able to do. 

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

See if we can ever actually pull together the potential this club has...

yup, we could and should be so much better. Still, new season, new hope.

Tasavallan

MND is a subject close to my heart.  Delighted.

Great cause.  Would much rather we (and in fact everyone in football) promoted these kind of things, rather than yet another online Bookies or oil-rich airline.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think the one thing I genuinely ever feared having. Well done for backing this one. 500k additional in the package for Campbell, 500k for a central defender and 500k for a forward, a great summer 😉

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Great news, another great cause and I'm delighted that our club is continuing down this route with their shirt sponsorships. Love this club.

davemclaren

This is the sort of thing that makes us soft. Why can’t we get a drinks or betting company reflecting the hard culture that we used to have?  It will be hair braiding and unicorn breeding on the plaza next… 😎

Good news though that benefactors are effectively sponsoring us for nothing in return for publicity for a good cause. 👍

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

This is the sort of thing that makes us soft. Why can’t we get a drinks or betting company reflecting our hard culture the we used to have?  It will be hair braiding and unicorn breeding on the plaza next… 😎

Good news though that benefactors are effectively sponsoring us for nothing in return for publicity for a good cause. 👍

Trolling is against the rules.

Seriously, a great cause and thank you Mr Anderson et al.

26 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Trolling is against the rules.

Seriously, a great cause and thank you Mr Anderson et al.

braiding trolls hair maybe?

fantastic cause, and glad we are able to continue down this route

Edited by Gav M

All roads lead to Gorgie

It gives me a lot of pride to have a worthy cause on the front of our shirts like this. Having that pay day loans company name on the shirts was a low point in our proud history. Well done the club again for making this happen.

gorgie al 1960
1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

And mine buddy

Brilliant stuff.  We do so so many things right off the park!

Idiots on here seem to use it as a stick to beat the club with, but fact is we're in an amazing position to bring the whole thing together.  Just need the right management team in place of the bloody football team!!!

6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Fantastic cause, dreadful sponsor.

why would any charity be a dreadful sponsor? especially if said sponsorship benefits the charity as well as the club?

AlphonseCapone
9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Fantastic cause, dreadful sponsor.

What makes a good sponsor? 

Just now, Gav M said:

why would any charity be a dreadful sponsor? especially if said sponsorship benefits the charity as well as the club?

The key word in your post is "charity" and I don't think it should be conflated or cheapened by a football team's jersey.

MND Scotland (or indeed in any country) is a fantastic cause for truly awful disease.

This is a football club.  Football is our game - not charity.  Budge is so desperate to take us down this route it is pathetic.

I want a big stinking multi million pound dirty sponsor.  

I don't care about being virtuous.  There is plenty of place for that outside football.

This is just classic self fulfillment from Budge in her crusade to make her and the club look 'nice'.

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

What makes a good sponsor? 

Dirty stinking money.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

The key word in your post is "charity" and I don't think it should be conflated or cheapened by a football team's jersey.

MND Scotland (or indeed in any country) is a fantastic cause for truly awful disease.

This is a football club.  Football is our game - not charity.  Budge is so desperate to take us down this route it is pathetic.

I don't care about being virtuous.  There is plenty of place for that outside football.

This is just classic self fulfillment from Budge in her crusade to make her and the club look 'nice'.

you do realise that by doing this we are getting more money for the club than we would attract via a traditional sponsor? with the same amount of money going to the charity (not from the club). therefor getting serious cash and giving publicity to a charity that is worthy of the cause?

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

This is just classic self fulfillment from Budge in her crusade to make her and the club look 'nice'.nk and gamble.

Much better we get a sponsor to encourage more of us to drink and gamble. Probably for less money too.

Just now, Gav M said:

you do realise that by doing this we are getting more money for the club than we would attract via a traditional sponsor? with the same amount of money going to the charity (not from the club). therefor getting serious cash and giving publicity to a charity that is worthy of the cause?

Like STC I am not convinced.

Just now, Wilson said:

Much better we get a sponsor to encourage more of us to drink and gamble. Probably for less money too.

Yes, that is pretty much synonymous with football.  That speaks to the fans.

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Yes, that is pretty much synonymous with football.  That speaks to the fans.

but doesn't generate the same amount of cash for the club

Just now, Gav M said:

but doesn't generate the same amount of cash for the club

As I said I am not convinced this is the case.  

Anyway, I don't wish to derail the thread.  I am just one fan and I have put in my 2 cents.  I would not want to darken a thread with such a highly important issue with my strong opinions and folk throwing punches.

Anyone fancy making a few concept kits with the MND Scotland and logo on  that nice blue and white west ham top what is on the new kit threads.  

CF11JamTart
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

This is the sort of thing that makes us soft. Why can’t we get a drinks or betting company reflecting the hard culture that we used to have?  It will be hair braiding and unicorn breeding on the plaza next… 😎

Actual unicorns actually shagging in the plaza? 

Now THAT would raise the profile of the club. 

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

😄

No doubt be a few on here who were privately thinking this. 

So Make Some Noise..

A lot of comments in this thread highlight just how much we'll find anything to either moan about or bad mouth the club and/or the owners. None of this will come at the expense of better sponsorship money and anyone who thinks that way likely has no business sense.

SectionDJambo

I have a bit of a conflict with criticism of alcohol companies sponsoring Hearts. Strongbow were arguably the best shirt sponsor Hearts have had. They helped us finance the signing of some key players who won the cup. 
I feel that Betting Companies would cheapen the brand, as Wonga did. Gambling causes great harm to many individuals and families due to addiction and already huge exposure, as does alcohol, of course.

It’s a sign of the poor governance of Scottish football that clubs and the SPFL cannot think of, or attract sponsors of a different kind or better quality. Doncaster has had little success due to his ineptitude. The Glen’s Vodka manager of the month award is about as cheap sounding as Scottish football deserves. 
I have no conflict with Hearts being sponsored by someone who wants to enhance awareness of a terrible condition that our last cup winning captain lost his life to at a young age. The connection to our club is obvious unless Marius has been consigned to the file of forgotten men already by some.

Салатные палочки
27 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Anyone fancy making a few concept kits with the MND Scotland and logo on  that nice blue and white west ham top what is on the new kit threads.  

A quick mock up.Screenshot_20210519-142353_Chrome.jpg.b0b5d7466dc46ee5d128851a5ff6051c.jpg

4 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Same with myself. Delighted if this is true

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Dirty stinking money.

How do you think Anderson made his money? He’s not nearly a billionaire by doing nice stuff, he’s paying for this with dirty stinking money. 

11 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

A quick mock up.Screenshot_20210519-142353_Chrome.jpg.b0b5d7466dc46ee5d128851a5ff6051c.jpg

Should keep save the children as well have that on the back 2 charities sponsoring us 

• davemclaren changed the title to New shirt sponsor - Dell and MND Scotland